PDA

View Full Version : Over the hill, and over again.

Hollycat
10-27-2012, 04:48 AM
So, am I the only one thinking KH reached the pinnacle of both story and gameplay with BBS, and the story is far too convoluted in 3DS. At least at the end of 2 and BBS, it was still easy enough to follow.

Talk about the developement of the series, the gameplay, and the story.

Formalhaut
10-27-2012, 04:47 PM
I've only played I and II, although I probably should play the other titles, at some point this decade. I think KH I's story was relatively simple, and while II expanded on the concept, it still seemed quite nice to follow. From what I've heard about the other titles, sans 382/2 days, the other titles seem somewhat hard to follow. I still have no idea what Terra, Aqua and Ven are, and that entire backstory.

Hollycat
10-27-2012, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I guess BBS adds some confusing new things, but at the end of it, you should be back to the story line, it just expands on one and two. Then in waltzes the last world of Dream Drop Distance who smurfs everything up to pieces.

Fynn
10-27-2012, 11:19 PM
I actually liked how 3D turned the whole KH continuity upside-down. I love these kinds of twist and I have a hard time deciding whether I liked 3D's, BBS's or Days' plot the best. All in all, I don;t think it's too convoluted, I like the direction the series is going.

Ouch!
10-31-2012, 11:39 PM
Honestly, I don't feel that 3DS changed much of anything. Sure, it introduced time travel, which is guaranteed to screw with just about any continuity on some level, but ultimately, it didn't really change anything significant. Nothing was turned on its head in a way that changes expectations for KH3. Master Xehanort is back and is still attempting to do the exact same thing he's been doing all this time. The only rub is that everything, so far, has gone according to keikaku, and we've been playing to Xehanort's ultimate plan to obtain Kingdom Hearts. The thing is, from here on out, he doesn't have the benefit of fore-knowledge via time travel to guide him through anything.

Sephiroth
01-23-2013, 07:41 PM
... it didn't really change anything significant

Actually many important details and meanings, including paradox meanings which where meant as symbol for more than one thing were changed by what the story is now and by adding new details. I will get used to it but there are things which are not just the way they were before.