PDA

View Full Version : "Because freezing Nitrogen really gives drinks a kick"

Formalhaut
10-27-2012, 05:23 PM
I've just been browsing Sky News and came across this story:

Nitrogen cocktail causes teenage stomach removal (http://news.sky.com/story/994680/nitrogen-cocktail-teen-has-stomach-removed)

Now, I'm tee-total so I don't really quite get the appeal of alcohol, but my sources tell me that it's actually quite popular, so I shouldn't judge. I also get that people mix different drinks together in what is called a "cocktail".

Now, all of this is fine, as long as you don't drink copious amounts of the stuff. But what the hell are bars and clubs thinking pouring liquid nitrogen over drinks? This thing is used in science experiments and cooling machinery down. Now, I get the whole theatrical nature of bartending, and I suppose if used very carefully (And not inside drinks) you could be excused for using it in special, well controlled occasions. But why oh why would you put it inside the drink itself? The poor girl lost her stomach!

Have any of you guys drunken Nitrogen cocktails? What other chemicals have been put into drinks. I find the whole thing baffling.

drotato
10-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Yeah... Drinking can be fun and all but... This slightly makes me lose hope for the human race in general. :(

Heath
10-28-2012, 12:04 AM
Apparently she didn't appreciate people taking to Twitter afterwards telling her to lay off the liquid nitrogen.

Crop
10-28-2012, 12:10 AM
Apparently her and her friends had one each and were all fine, and then because it was her birthday the bartender gave her another on the house. It was that one that caused the whole stomach freezing thing.

Faris
10-28-2012, 12:35 AM
*facepalm*

If you have liquid nitrogen do these (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfiR1Rde7dI)kind of things not consume it!

~*~Celes~*~
10-28-2012, 12:39 AM
I had a wart removed using liquid nitrogen. It never came back.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
10-28-2012, 01:24 AM
wut.

For serious? Way to go children.

Clo
10-28-2012, 01:27 AM
Sounds suicidal

Cuchulainn
10-28-2012, 01:31 AM
This was a while back. I don't blame the girl she got it in a bar & was young. Why would she ever think it would have been dangerous. All her mates had the same drink with no ill effects. Just a terrible fucking mistake putting all your trust in someone who works behind a bar for a living

Jiro
10-28-2012, 03:47 AM
It just seems like the type of thing I would avoid.

NorthernChaosGod
10-30-2012, 01:59 AM
Holy fucking balls. That sounds fucking awful. Why would anyone every willingly drink that?! :onoes: