PDA

View Full Version : Sequels that sucked

CimminyCricket
10-28-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm looking at you NiGHTS 2.

What sequel did you look forward to for years (and years) hoping, praying that it would finally get released and when it did...it sucked?

Duke Nukem was another that I was hoping would be awesome, even if it was just running around and shooting stuff with cool weapons and horribly funny one liners and all I got was a metric shit ton of forty minute load times.

I Took the Red Pill
10-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Arc the Lad: End of Darkness

I really enjoyed Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits despite its being massively cliche, but End of Darkness was just abysmal.

Chris
10-28-2012, 09:14 PM
I absolutely hated Pikmin 2. Completely ruined my Pikmin experience. :mad2:

But ONLY because I loved the first one beyond infinity.

Del Murder
10-28-2012, 10:30 PM
Dig Dug 2

Wolf Kanno
10-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Robotech: Invasion - BattleCry was a good if flawed game that just needed to have the gameplay touched up and retooled a little bit to make it better, but otherwise was a great game that really did a good job recreating the Macross experience. Invasion was suppose to be set in the Invid invasion which was another fave of mine in Robotech and I was looking forward to be playing Alpha Suit sand Cyclone power armor when some dip shit decided that due to Halo's popularity, we should make this game into a generic FPS instead of a third person vehicle transforming orgy fest. It was awful.

Any Lufia Game released after Lufia 2 - Lufia 2 was a great game with a lot of cool mechanics and design and it's sequels pretty much killed the franchise.

Xenosaga Episode 2 - Oh boy, terrible dungeon design, a poorly planned battle system, awful character models, all of the non-Kaijura music was terrible and even her music is a bit repetitive since they are largely leitmotifs of the same three themes, and it's story is a long drawn out mess with only two plot relevant moments in this 80 hour mess. It's no wonder it killed the series.

NeoCracker
10-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Robotech: Invasion - BattleCry was a good if flawed game that just needed to have the gameplay touched up and retooled a little bit to make it better, but otherwise was a great game that really did a good job recreating the Macross experience. Invasion was suppose to be set in the Invid invasion which was another fave of mine in Robotech and I was looking forward to be playing Alpha Suit sand Cyclone power armor when some dip shit decided that due to Halo's popularity, we should make this game into a generic FPS instead of a third person vehicle transforming orgy fest. It was awful.

Any Lufia Game released after Lufia 2 - Lufia 2 was a great game with a lot of cool mechanics and design and it's sequels pretty much killed the franchise.

Xenosaga Episode 2 - Oh boy, terrible dungeon design, a poorly planned battle system, awful character models, all of the non-Kaijura music was terrible and even her music is a bit repetitive since they are largely leitmotifs of the same three themes, and it's story is a long drawn out mess with only two plot relevant moments in this 80 hour mess. It's no wonder it killed the series.

I actually felt the GB Color Lufia had a lot of potential with it's 9 party set up, though it didn't really pan out well.

And fuck you on Xenosaga 2. I know you're right, but fuck you none the less. :p

(I actually loved every bit of the story involving the U.R.T.V's. :p)

Pete for President
10-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Tenchu 3 sucked compared to the almighty greatness that was Tenchu 2. Out of 10 missions for each character I only thoroughly enjoyed 2 or 3 of them. It's no coincidence that those few were free of ridiculous robots, zombies or ghosts as enemies.

Quindiana Jones
10-29-2012, 01:25 PM
Yeah, Tenchu is a prime example. Tenchu was great, 2 was brilliant. Everything that came after was such a disappointment that I'm hesitant to class the games as Tenchu games for fear of tainting the brand.

I really wish I still had Tenchu 2. :(

Skyblade
10-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Megaman Battle Network 4. Although at the time, I wasn't really following releases, I was psyched when I saw this game because MMBN3 was so fantastic. And 4 remains the worst sequel I've ever played.

Heath
10-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Perfect Dark Zero.

It wasn't bad exactly, but just very disappointing. Especially as the original Perfect Dark is probably my favourite FPS game. The blame probably partly belongs with me for that though.

Flying Mullet
10-29-2012, 10:28 PM
Final Fantasy VII

Laddy
10-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Final Fantasy VII
You are both as wrong as can be and yet not totally incorrect.

Chris
10-29-2012, 10:42 PM
Oh, did I mention how much I hate the 3D Broken Sword sequels? Completely ruined the franchise. So glad that the upcoming game is returning to its 2D roots.

Jowy
10-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Dragon Age 2 is pretty awful.

escobert
10-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Final Fantasy VII

:mad2:

Diablo 3

CimminyCricket
10-29-2012, 11:57 PM
I was wondering when someone was going to come out and say Diablo III. xD

Skyblade
10-30-2012, 12:00 AM
I was wondering when someone was going to come out and say Diablo III. xD

I'd forgotten about it. But, yeah, it goes on this list.