PDA

View Full Version : Stay Home Club

Rye
10-29-2012, 05:38 PM
My office is in Zone A of Manhattan, which has been evacuated due to Hurricane Sandy! Between that, and all of the public transit being down, I can't go to work for a good two days. While we are required to do work from home, since our work is client based, and our clients are pretty much just as screwed by the hurricane as we are, I'm pretty much chillaxing today.

Any other folks home due to the hurricane from work or school?

Jowy
10-29-2012, 05:54 PM
we'll see what happens tomorrow morning!

Shorty
10-29-2012, 05:58 PM
This makes me think of snow days as a kid. I hope you're okay and I worry about you! but I would totally take advantage of that hurricane.

Araciel
10-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Red cross is saying keep enough food/water for three days and we may lose power for a day, here near Toronto.

so...maybe?!

Shiny
10-29-2012, 07:20 PM
Viacom building is closed so I am home doing freelance work and relaxing. Rainy days getting to sleep in are so fabulous.

They're saying it might be closed tomorrow, but it might not. It's supposed to rain Wednesday too, but I'm hoping it doesn't fuck up my chances of entering the Halloween contest at work.

~*~Celes~*~
10-29-2012, 07:28 PM
As far as I can tell, we're only supposed to get lots of rain and wind. I hope that's the case, I'm not ready for snow :colbert:

Unbreakable Will
10-29-2012, 10:06 PM
I live in Tennessee so... the worst I'll see is maybe some massive amounts of rain. :greenie:

Flying Mullet
10-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Here in Texas all we are doing is watching the stupid weather reporters who stand on the beach and try to report while they get creamed by the waves.

Miriel
10-29-2012, 10:35 PM
I mostly work from home, which means I mostly work while in my pajamas or workout clothes. :D

San Francisco is expected to go absolute balls out insane on Wednesday with huge delays and public transportation shut downs due to the parade for the Giants. I expect that'll cause some trouble for people trying to get into work and people who are at work probably won't be doing much that morning anyway. People seem to really love their baseball around here.

Flying Mullet
10-29-2012, 10:52 PM
According to Google Maps now is the perfect time to drive around New York City if you need to:

NorthernChaosGod
10-30-2012, 01:36 AM
I wish we had a hurricane. :( I would have liked the day off from school after moving.

Flying Mullet
10-30-2012, 01:45 AM
I wish we had a hurricane. :(
No you don't. They are annoying.

Jiro
10-30-2012, 02:46 AM
Rock me like hurricane. Yeah no bad storms are probably not the time to drive about Mulley. At least go on foot so you can hide in a building if it gets bad.

fire_of_avalon
10-30-2012, 03:00 AM
I have five inches of snow.

Faris
10-30-2012, 03:41 PM
So... it's supposed to be cold, rainy, with crazy fast winds and someone told me that we've been told to stay indoors because of this. I think they misheard the location because only the wind is crazy and it's not nearly as bad as when we had a small tornado go by.

So long as the trees in front of my house don't fall on me this hurricane shouldn't be bothering my area much.

Edit: Hope everyone in the areas being hit are safe.

Flying Mullet
10-30-2012, 03:46 PM
I don't think the people at weather.com understand the definition of the word "devastation"...

Faris
10-30-2012, 03:47 PM
That poor park bench :whimper:

~*~Celes~*~
10-30-2012, 03:49 PM
we had freezing rain last night with a bit of snow mixed in, which promptly turned to slush by this morning. Now it's calm for the moment, I'm wondering if the wind will pick back up.

Unbreakable Will
10-30-2012, 04:17 PM

Clo
10-30-2012, 08:06 PM
ME, I'M HOME RIGHT NOW AND IT'S AWESOME.

P.S. While making this post, I discovered you can blog posts. What the why?

Raistlin
10-30-2012, 10:58 PM
I missed work due to the hurricane as well. Of course, I still had to work to ensure the driveway and garage didn't flood again, but overall it was a net gain.

Shiny
10-30-2012, 11:05 PM
I am glad windows didn't get blown in or trees didn't fall on my house or cars because it happened to a some people I know It definitely sounded like it was gonna happen last night. Power in my home did go out in the evening yesterday, but miracously my grandmother's home still has power. Work was closed today and yesterday, but they're re-opening tomorrow even though the subways are flooded, only MTA buses will be operating. I won't be able to get there anyway most likely because tunnels are also flooded and no word yet about whether other buses will be running (I will double check).

I'm gutted about the hospitals. So devastating, but could be worse. Other areas like Long Island, Toms River, Seaside Heights, and Atlantic City have gotten it much much worse. Airports are also flooded...There is supposed to be another high tide this evening so here's hoping it doesn't cut the power off here and do a massive amount of damage.

Shlup
10-31-2012, 01:50 AM
I'm staying home today! Because it's my day off.

Disneyland never closes. :/

Hanging out at Disneyland in a hurricane is one of my new life goals.

Flaming Ice
10-31-2012, 05:25 AM
Such nice weather though.

Rain is good....Wind isn't too bad every now and then.

rubah
10-31-2012, 05:33 AM
One of our stores on Coney Island called today to tell us they couldn't run our event this weekend because their store got destroyed :| Even their sign just blew away.

Shiny
10-31-2012, 07:01 PM
Coney Island and Seaside in general are destroyed. I guess this means no more Jersey Shore...YAY!

Laddy
10-31-2012, 07:05 PM
I live in Tennessee so... the worst I'll see is maybe some massive amounts of rain. :greenie:
If even that.