PDA

View Full Version : My coworkers are bros

Pike
10-30-2012, 01:48 AM
And they make terrible "your mom" and "that's what she said" jokes allll day long. It's great. Also they hook up their iPods to the loudspeaker and play the Morrowind theme, or the Mortal Kombat theme.

Are your coworkers bros?

If you don't work, are your other acquaintances bros?

Flying Mullet
10-30-2012, 01:52 AM
I threw out a "That's what she said" at work today. I am one of the bros at works and I have bros at work.

Does anyone have a work wife or work husband? I have not been fortunate enough to find a work wife. Yet...

NorthernChaosGod
10-30-2012, 02:04 AM
Most of my coworkers are bros. Some of the prettier girls are kind of stuck up though, bitches.

Agent Proto
10-30-2012, 02:13 AM
A good portion of the people I work with are cool with me. My boss is most def a bro, though.

CimminyCricket
10-30-2012, 02:14 AM
I like to think I'm pretty broish.

Jiro
10-30-2012, 02:39 AM
Dude my co-workers are such bros. The ambassador team might as well be called the ambassabro team.

fire_of_avalon
10-30-2012, 03:22 AM
I have had a work-wife and TWO work-husbands. But I don't have any bros at my current job.

Sephex
10-30-2012, 03:26 AM
I get along with people there. There is this one dude that is terrified of zombies so I make sure to make zombie noises at him.

Shorty
10-30-2012, 03:35 AM
I have some bros and some harpies. Lotta drama going around right now.

Cuchulainn
10-30-2012, 03:43 AM
We don't sa 'bros' here. It's an American concept grown round american culture and is alien to me. We have 'Steeks'. No education, drink buckfast everyday & take bumbles & smoke, dont work, listen to fast paced electronic music, wear sports gear (even at funerals) buy small hatchbacks and soup them da fuck, have a stupid walk & constantly say 'like' at the end of every sentence etc. Basically they sound like this

WEST BELFAST RAP - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7FY6vMFIyE)

Clo
10-30-2012, 08:28 PM
I hate bros. I am not very nice to them. Granted, they are often not very smart, and do not have much to say back, especially when they are drunk.

I was at a bar the other day, and a bro was standing around with two girls. These two girls sang the ENTIRE SONG "Call Me Maybe" while he stood there and nodded his head and averted his gaze.

I slapped him on the back when they finished and said, "Aw you lucky booooooyyy"

Jowy
10-30-2012, 08:32 PM
NO mostly everyone is a square. There's a handful of bros and ladybros left but mostly everyone skipped off and moved out of state this year.

Flying Mullet
10-30-2012, 08:38 PM
These two girls sang the ENTIRE SONG "Call Me Maybe"
When I hear this song all I can thing of now is when they played it during the Olympics while some of the athletes were lip-syncing to it in some home video they played.

Cuchulainn
10-30-2012, 09:08 PM
im still not entirely sure wat a bro is

Peegee
10-30-2012, 09:17 PM
Only the guys are bros. The girls are typical minorities - seriously - they stay in a clique and act all collectivistic. There's a few who aren't - they are just part of the crowd.

protip - tell a girl she's one of the guys. do it especially if she doesn't like it and wants to be treated as a woman.

it's the male version of females' incessant tendency to emasculate men.

Jiro
10-31-2012, 12:40 AM
im still not entirely sure wat a bro is

The context Pike was using has clearly gone out the window. Now nobody is really sure what is really going on any more.

Jowy
10-31-2012, 01:14 AM
I use the term "bro" to just determine anyone that fits in that awkward middle between "friend" and "acquaintance".

Raistlin
10-31-2012, 01:54 AM
Using Pike's apparent definition of "fun coworker," I have some bro coworkers. My boss is hilarious, and makes fun of everyone. He says the best part of his job is getting to be a dick as much as possible.

It doesn't get too rowdy, though, as there are a bunch of people in the office. Not everyone lacks any sort of sensibilities.

Pike
10-31-2012, 07:58 PM
Yeah I meant "bro" as in "someone you like and/or are friends with," I guess I should've clarified that?

Clo
10-31-2012, 09:46 PM
What? I have never called a friend a bro. Everyone I speak to uses bro as an equivalent for "douche bag" who wears his hat backwards and has the intellect of a rock. :confused:

Pike
10-31-2012, 09:50 PM
It's the opposite for me! But maybe because of my friends' circle. Wouldn't be the first term that myself and my friends use the opposite way as everyone else.

Clo
10-31-2012, 09:55 PM
That is so weird that "bro" has two opposite meanings.

Laddy
11-01-2012, 12:00 AM
I'm an unemployed bro. :monster:

sharkythesharkdogg
11-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Down here bro means a friend/acquaintance too. Douches are referred to as......douches.

I work mostly on my own now, but I've had work bros and femm-bros in the past.

Cuchulainn
11-01-2012, 01:01 AM
I just assumed that as 'bro' was such a....lets be honest it's a pathetic word morons use, that nowadays it could only actually be used ironically or as an insult. I had no idea you meant they were ok fellas and close.

Psychotic
11-01-2012, 01:49 PM
I called my 37 year old female South African co-worker my bro and tried to brofist her. She was confused. THANKS A LOT, EoFF!

Jiro
11-02-2012, 09:39 AM
I think the negative connotation of bro that people are using is actually a misleading shortening of the term "dudebro".

Pike
11-02-2012, 04:20 PM
That makes sense.

Raebus
11-04-2012, 09:22 AM
I am a dudebro at work and it is so much fun. :D

blackmage_nuke
11-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Im disapointed no one has coined the term "Broworkers" in this thread. Also no my coworkers are dull like me

escobert
11-04-2012, 01:47 PM
My coworkers are not bros but my friend John is a chill lax bro. I live about 20 minutes from Dartmouth College. There's bros all over the place.

Unbreakable Will
11-04-2012, 02:27 PM
I tend to make fun of the bro culture as anyone in my vicinity who is a 'bro' tends to be redneck jocks (who are out of high school but still try to act like they're on the football team) and are dumb as hell.
:monster:

Futan
11-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Unfortunately not. I'm at the point where I'm willing to take less pay to just be away from these douchebags. :(

Iceglow
11-06-2012, 09:22 PM
I have a few bro's at work. They're cool it's always good to have a laugh with them when we're on long shifts. I guess you could technically say I have 2 "Work wives" one, is one of the prettiest girls in the office and when we're sitting near each other all everyone hears in between calls is me and her flirting together. The other work wife literally could claim that title since she can actually send me to the coffee shop for her or Tesco's when I'm on break and I'll even hurry back to ensure she gets her coffee hot. She also made me flash a bit of leg to get her help the other day.