PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Trigger heads to Android

Jiro
10-30-2012, 03:28 AM
Ever wanted the classic Chrono Trigger at your fingertips wherever you went? Well your prayers have been heard, because Square Enix has just announced (http://na.square-enix.com/chronotrigger/go/article/view/blog/260677/chrono_trigger_on_google_play) the game's debut on the Google Play store.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090311222346/chrono/images/1/1e/Chrono_Trigger_Artwork1.jpg
There are a number of time puns I could use here.

Help Crono defend the world from the greatest threat by travelling through time itself. Time travel is literally the coolest thing ever. For those of you who've never given this gem a go, here's your chance to experience the wonder that is Chrono Trigger.

It's going to cost you a cool $9.99, but with the number of top gaming lists Chrono Trigger has topped, you'd be a fool not to give it a shot!

Flying Mullet
10-30-2012, 03:30 AM
Awesome. Now I will have FF1 and Chrono Trigger on my phone and Secret of Nana on my girlfriend's iPhone.

Del Murder
10-30-2012, 03:51 AM
Finally I don't have to lug that clanky DS Lite around when I want to play this game I've played a bazillion times while I wait for a table at CPK.

Gamblet
10-30-2012, 09:17 PM
I play it on SNES emulator called Snesoid on my phone. So I just use a ROM to play.

EDIT: This version looks more comfortable, but I still prefer to play it on my PS1. :D

Heath
10-30-2012, 11:05 PM
I'm currently toying with the idea of buying a Google Nexus 7, so I may well be tempted to give this a whirl if I do plump for the Nexus 7. Not sure I'd want to play it on my Android phone, but would definitely consider it for a tablet. As I posted on the news article for this - I'd still prefer a new Chrono game to another port, but oh well!

DownDiagonalLeftA
12-04-2012, 10:03 PM
It's a pretty garbage port. It doesn't download the whole game at once. At certain points in the game (my first was leaving Truce Canyon) the game will require you to "download" the next area. This gets annoying if you aren't around WiFi. Also, if your phone signal isn't strong enough to download the update without WiFi, it doesn't save the file like a "switch to next disc" type of thing. You'll have to start over from your last save the next time you open the game. Plus the controls are pretty clunky. Not worth the $10.

Hollycat
12-04-2012, 10:05 PM
I'm hoping they'll do with this what they did to FF3 and port it over to psp next.