PDA

View Full Version : Eye can't stand it.

Unbreakable Will
10-30-2012, 07:02 PM
I use contacts instead of glasses, mostly because it annihilates the 'fuzzy' peripheral vision. There's one thing I can't stand though, when you're out and about and one of your contacts decides to dry up and dance about on your eye... :barf:

I hate that feeling. So do you use contacts or glasses? Or are you a lucky mother fucker with no need for ocular devices?

Flaming Ice
10-30-2012, 07:07 PM
I use glasses, unfortunately they are a bit bent but I don't feel like spending anymore money right now to get new ones *sigh*

The eye doctor used to tell me I had really good vision too :cry:

Pike
10-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Glasses because contacts dry out my eyes after six hours and cba to deal with that.

I am very, very nearsighted. Anything farther than six inches away from my face, without corrective lenses, is a big blur.

Faris
10-30-2012, 07:14 PM
I am a lucky motherfucker who doesn't need any ocular devices. Unless one of the 3-4 genetic eye problems I could get kicks in.

Sephex
10-30-2012, 07:27 PM
No glasses for me. I'm glad too because it severely annoys me when my sunglasses gets fogged up, and the idea of contacts has never appealed to me.

Flaming Ice
10-30-2012, 07:29 PM
No glasses for me. I'm glad too because it severely annoys me when my sunglasses gets fogged up, and the idea of contacts has never appealed to me.

Not only that but you get the glare too with the regular pairs =/

kotora
10-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Got laser surgery over a year ago. Pretty happy about it though focusing is still a problem as well as the high light sensitivity, but I think those will go away with time. At least I don't have to put up with wearing glasses anymore.

Clo
10-30-2012, 07:48 PM
I have glasses, but the prescription is getting more and more outdated. I wear them now and they don't feel like they even help me see better. But I don't have eyeglass prescription insurance and I usually don't have much money to throw around.

I want new glasses. :(

Bunny
10-30-2012, 07:53 PM
I have glasses.

I cannot wear contacts because I have a really hard time putting anything in or near my eye. It freaks me the hell out and I have no real idea why. I can't even watch other​ people put in their contacts without getting freaked out about it.

Shauna
10-30-2012, 08:00 PM
I wear glasses, and if the occasion calls for it I can use contacts too. I like wearing contacts, but they're just such a hassle. xD

Shorty
10-30-2012, 09:17 PM
I wear glasses and I love them. I need to get contacts for back-up sake, though.

blackmage_nuke
10-30-2012, 09:25 PM
I dont need glasses for day to day life, infact I only really uses glasses when playing games or watching movies so i can get the full experience. Also in a way it makes games and movies more clear than reality to me. I also hate sticking things in my eye.

Sometimes I'll wear them if I need to see something at a distance or I'm looking for something small.

Tigmafuzz
10-30-2012, 09:25 PM
I left my last pair of glasses in Chile (or Peru, maybe; or Ecuador, I don't fucking know) and so I'm using my BCGs :(

Raistlin
10-30-2012, 10:40 PM
I have glasses and contacts. I wear glasses most of the time, though, reserving contacts for sports or other circumstances where glasses could be annoying. I am extremely nearsighted, so I cannot function without one or the other at all times.

Shiny
10-30-2012, 11:11 PM
I wear both contacts and glasses though not simulatenously. Them getting dry is annoying, but I hate when my glasses fog up or get smudges. Either way, both can be annoying but without them I wouldn't be able to see very well so :monster:

Chris
10-30-2012, 11:29 PM
I use contacts when I'm out, and glasses at home. Hate both, need both.

Jowy
10-30-2012, 11:41 PM
Glasses! The thought of touching my eyeball just sends shivers down my spine.

CimminyCricket
10-31-2012, 12:03 AM
I wear glasses because I am too lazy to put forth the proper care for my eyes as well as my contacts. Half the time I just let my cat run off with my glasses or I drop them on the floor and leave them.

Also: I see your stupid pun.

Agent Proto
10-31-2012, 12:04 AM
I wear glasses, and I can't even put on contacts. My eyes seem to have an instinct to prevent objects from being put on.

Futan
10-31-2012, 12:35 AM
Neither, however I have muscle issues that require me to exercise my eyes. Glasses don't do shit for me. Fun stuff.

Shlup
10-31-2012, 01:48 AM
I've had the same frames since high school. It's hard to find glasses that look good on my giant head. :/

NorthernChaosGod
10-31-2012, 03:35 AM
I wear contacts most of the time, but I have my glasses for when I'm being lazy at home or it's been a long day and my eyes need to rest.

DMKA
10-31-2012, 03:58 AM
I've needed glasses for a good four years, at least, and finally got them about a month ago. It's still pretty incredible to see the world clearly again. :p

I don't think I'll be getting contacts any time soon. I like the way I look with glasses, and my eyes get irritated fairly easily.

Pumpkin
10-31-2012, 04:44 AM
I don't need glasses or contacts.

Post count +1

Unbreakable Will
10-31-2012, 05:45 AM
Glasses because contacts dry out my eyes after six hours and cba to deal with that.

I am very, very nearsighted. Anything farther than six inches away from my face, without corrective lenses, is a big blur.
I'm just as bad, my contact prescription is 3.5 :cry:

I have glasses.

I cannot wear contacts because I have a really hard time putting anything in or near my eye. It freaks me the hell out and I have no real idea why. I can't even watch other​ people put in their contacts without getting freaked out about it.
A lot of people I know have that issue as well, it doesn't really hurt or anything it's just uncomfortable for a few moments.

TrollHunter
10-31-2012, 05:49 AM
I'd wear my glasses more often but they put pressure on my ears and it gets uncomfortable as hell after like... an hour
I wear contacts. I used to have problems with them, but I can go 12+ hours without even noticing them now.

sharkythesharkdogg
10-31-2012, 03:20 PM

So that's how you and MILF make it work.

I wear glasses, because of basically what Bunny said. I don't know if I'd freak out, but it seems really unsettling to put something on the surface of my eye. I would also have nightmares about the lens rolling around to the back of my eye and slicing through my optic nerve or something. Yes, I know it makes no sense.

~*~Celes~*~
10-31-2012, 05:40 PM
I have glasses, but the prescription is getting more and more outdated. I wear them now and they don't feel like they even help me see better. But I don't have eyeglass prescription insurance and I usually don't have much money to throw around.

I want new glasses. :(

This, but I have insurance now, I just have to wait till Peter's born before I can go. I've had the same pair of glasses since I was about 16/17 and I definitely need new ones.

Jiro
11-02-2012, 09:45 AM
I don't need glasses or contacts.

Post count +1

Haven't I told you already? Don't make it so obvious!

Agrias
11-02-2012, 10:17 AM
I quite loathe the fact that I must use glasses/contact lenses. I prefer contact lenses but am hoping to go for laser eye surgery and be a cyborg.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-02-2012, 10:58 AM
I wear glasses and I think they frame my face quite nicely. I've worn glasses since I was a child, so whenever I'm not wearing them I feel like something is missing. I probably won't go to contacts or laser surgery in the future.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk48/nmfloropoulos/l-12-165675-1.jpg