PDA

View Full Version : Curse it!

Night Fury
10-31-2012, 03:23 PM
Why is it that I can type out so many words daily on Facebook, Twitter, on here, in #eoff and on other sites a day...

But yet a smurfing 2000 word essay is taking me SO LONG TO WRITE
And I have no motivation.

CURSES! :mad2::mad2::mad2:

I hate procrastination.
Are you a bad procrastinator? Or can you, like, actually do stuff without distraction?

Shorty
10-31-2012, 05:26 PM
I am a terrrrible offender when it comes to procrastination. I was supposed to order cakes for our Halloween party two weeks ago and put it off and off until I finally did it this morning. (eep!) Thankfully everything went smoothly.

I always roll the dice like that with time management and I shouldn't... but I don't care.

Pumpkin
10-31-2012, 05:29 PM
I usually have this thing where I will start something ASAP, and then ignore it until shortly before it needs to be done. I'm like a half procrastinator.

Tigmafuzz
10-31-2012, 05:57 PM
Or can you, like, actually do stuff without distraction?

I believe it's called "focusing." Or something. I'm very good at it, susprisingly... when sober.

Zeldy
10-31-2012, 07:06 PM
What's your essay on? I'm an infuriating procrastinator because I love my subject, but I always leave my essays till It's pushing on too late, and then when I do start them I always kick myself because I wish I'd given myself more time to do research and actually do myself justice because I'm really good at essays. It's a horrid argument I have with myself every time.

Denmark
10-31-2012, 07:14 PM
i never really had to write essays, but i had projects/tests a lot. they all involved an all-nighter to finish the project or study for the test right before. and i kicked ass in school so it worked

Sephex
10-31-2012, 07:22 PM
[will type out reply later]

Someone had to do it.

Raistlin
10-31-2012, 11:07 PM
I am a horrible, horrible procrastinator. I can't motivate myself to do a lot of things until the very last minute, when I'm rushed to get everything done. The fact that I work very quickly only feeds my tendency to procrastinate.

I miss high school and college workloads, where I could do any assignment or required studying in one day. It was more difficult to procrastinate in law school, but I still managed to do far less work in far less time than many of my classmates.

Shoeberto
10-31-2012, 11:39 PM
I have issues with focus sometimes, but it turned out that coincided to my blood sugar plummeting, so I've gotten into a habit of keeping fruit and nuts around my desk to keep me alert. Coffee always helps, too.

Generally I'm really good about not procrastinating. I just hate the stressful feeling of being rushed. I'd rather take things on in manageable chunks.

Night Fury
10-31-2012, 11:42 PM
What's your essay on? I'm an infuriating procrastinator because I love my subject, but I always leave my essays till It's pushing on too late, and then when I do start them I always kick myself because I wish I'd given myself more time to do research and actually do myself justice because I'm really good at essays. It's a horrid argument I have with myself every time.

It's on the very thrilling subject of 'Surveillance Society' created by CCTV and new media technologies.

I wish I could say I was interested in it a bit more....

Raistlin
10-31-2012, 11:58 PM
That is an interesting subject. :colbert: Especially if you heap insults on the UK government for that crap.

Laddy
11-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Article abuse. Abuse every small word possible. Make your text needlessly flowery. If you're skilled and subtle, the words will magically appear.

Araciel
11-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Used to be a huge procrastorino.

Now I try to get shit done asap so I can relax.

Chris
11-01-2012, 12:18 AM
I will be, once I find out what the word means. :colbert:

Night Fury
11-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Oh I can manage the essay alright, I have my essay writing down. It's just the doing part.
Well, I've hit 1000 words and put in some really big bits that need examples adding to them tomorrow. I'll have it done by Friday I hope.

Psychotic
11-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Why else would I be posting in this thread? It's consuming valuable seconds.

Pike
11-01-2012, 02:21 PM
I have to write 1700 words of NaNoWriMo today

Haven't started yet, have been playing games instead.

*calmly sips Dr Pepper*

Jiro
11-02-2012, 09:38 AM
I handed in two papers today, with one of them being over a week early. I do not procrastinate very well.

Faris
11-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Write a report? Easy.
Complete an assignment? Did it in class.
Do math problems? Zen.
Essay? Oh look, a piece of string!

Sometimes you need to take a break every now and then though. Maybe every 5 minutes...

Night Fury
11-02-2012, 02:07 PM
I handed in two papers today, with one of them being over a week early. I do not procrastinate very well.

I like to get mine handed in early too. But it takes me a long time to do it :mad: