PDA

View Full Version : Most Iconic Moments In Gaming Music

Skyblade
11-01-2012, 03:44 AM
At work a couple weeks ago, I started whistling the music from WEAPON's attack on Junon. My coworker turns to me after a few bars, and says "oh my gosh, I just got a total flashback to that scene. I know exactly the moment, I remember how it played out..."

With just a few whistled bars, I brought back vivid memories of an entire chapter of a game.

That is what this thread is for. Not for the best, or favorite songs, but for music so inextricably linked to a moment in gaming in your mind that hearing it immediately draws you back, even if you haven't thought about or played the game in years.

krissy
11-01-2012, 04:15 AM
there's a part of assassins creed theme that always reminds me of the moment ezio and his brother climb that church and the title flashes

hearing the mgs soundtrack really just flashes the scenes of the game through my head too.

Quindiana Jones
11-01-2012, 04:20 AM
Yeah, I'm just gonna say Final Fantasy 9. There are so many from that game. I could narrate the entire game just by listening to the music.

Sephex
11-01-2012, 04:29 AM
Say this out loud: Hum the "You got an item" jingle from Zelda. Now hum it more slowly and hold the notes longer.

Awesome. You just pulled out the Master Sword.