PDA

View Full Version : Three facts!

Shorty
11-01-2012, 04:34 AM
Three random facts about ourselves!

1. I can roll my tongue in two different ways.
2. I lost out on my goddamned 4th grade spelling bee from the word coercion and have hated the word ever since.
3. I don't think I could own any other kind of dog than pit bulls ever again because I feel so strongly that they need more help than any other kind of breed and I want to be one to help them by giving them a loving home.

ready set go!

Jowy
11-01-2012, 04:54 AM
I had the coolest pinewood derby car EVER in cub scouts when I was six years old. It was all black with some red lightning bolt decals on the side and we had chrome paint for the rims on the wheels. I came in DEAD LAST and threw a tantrum and cried.

My senior year of high school, I held the district record for truancy due to my homeroom teacher's negligence and not having to actually accomplish anything for the last three months out of the year.

A friend of mine and I received a standing ovation and about forty high-fives at 1 AM in a karaoke bar for our performance of "Rock Lobster" by the B-52s.

Pumpkin
11-01-2012, 04:55 AM
1. I don't like my food touching.
2. I don't match my socks.
3. I'm learning to drive a manual transmission car.

yukina
11-01-2012, 04:55 AM
1. I don't eat cake or pastries because I can't stand the taste of them.
2. I always get mistaken as a high school student even though I'm beyond the legal age already.
3. I love pistachios, almonds, hazelnuts- well, you get the drift :)

TrollHunter
11-01-2012, 05:04 AM
1) I hate pizza, nascar, and football (the american version), and as such people I know tend to react with utter shock and usually end up passing out at how "un-american" I am.
2) In the past year I've developed a passionate interest in... physics, self-enlightenment, politics, economics, martial arts, dance, yoga, meditation, roleplaying, weird-fiction (think lovecraft), and the list goes on. I'm basically overwhelmed by everything I'm interested in now. I want to do all of it!
3) I threw a chair at my teacher and kicked the principle in the knee all in the same day of 1st or 2nd grade.

Quindiana Jones
11-01-2012, 05:14 AM
1. I, too, can roll my tongue in two different ways.
2. I used to cagefight. I'm not sure that cagefight is acceptable as a verb, but I didn't do it often/professionally enough to consider myself a cagefighter.
3. I am a phenomenal whistler.

Freya
11-01-2012, 06:27 AM
1. I'm convinced that by stepping on earthworms, i'll piss them all off and they will destroy the very ground underneath me and i'll some how get caught in some type of collapse and die. So I hop around, avoiding earthworms, when it rains.

2. I have an affinity for all things sorbet icecream.

3. I still am convinced sometimes that if I concentrate hard enough I can make an energy ball and kame-hame-ha it.

Miriel
11-01-2012, 08:48 AM
1) I read on average, about 4-6 books a month. Everything ranging from non-fiction, biographies, contemporary fiction, fantasy, sci-fi, romance, young adult, classics, etc.
2) Cilantro literally makes me want to vomit.

3. I don't think I could own any other kind of dog than pit bulls ever again because I feel so strongly that they need more help than any other kind of breed and I want to be one to help them by giving them a loving home.

3) I feel the same way about the Jindo. I know pit bulls are unfairly maligned and prone to abuse, but there are quite a few resources to help pit bulls while there is literally only two Jindo rescue and rehabilitation organizations in the entire United States. One in New York and one in Nevada. That's it. There are no others. And both are extremely small scale, run by only a handful of people. And Jindos are routinely used as guard dogs which means they're left chained up and isolated or prompted to aggression and then left to die in shelters. :( I feel like if I don't advocate for Jindos, there will really be very very few people who would.

Pike
11-01-2012, 10:55 AM
1. I can't roll my tongue
2. Everyone thinks I'm 20-21 or so despite being 28 (29 next month). Possibly an improvement over when I was 20-21 and customers would ask how I was old enough to legally work.
3. I taught myself to read and write when I was 2 1/2 years old. This is the only cool thing I have ever accomplished. Too bad I had to get it out of the way nice and early.

Zeldy
11-01-2012, 12:25 PM
1. I have been pierced approximately 32 times (that's counting everything, the times I've had to have work re-done, and the piercings that I got done and never lasted) but yes, I have been penetrated with 32 needles. I peaked at having 23 in at once, but in the past month I've had to take several out, so now I'm back into the teens.

2. I have been stung by a jellyfish dubbed by Spanish locals as 'the Medusa'. Even though I was spared by the jellyfish and it literally clipped me as it was swimming past, I then started screaming and going berserk when I was finally back on shore saying that EVERYONE SHOULD GET OUT OF THE SEA IT ISNT SAFE IT ISNT SAAFFEE!! my parents have never let me live it down.

3. I can't roll my tongue, whistle, click my fingers or do anything of the sort. I do, however, walk around on my tip toes.

Slothy
11-01-2012, 12:26 PM
3. I still am convinced sometimes that if I concentrate hard enough I can make an energy ball and kame-hame-ha it.

1. Not a bad place for me to start off. I still occasionally try with no measurable success. Someday maybe. Ditto for heat vision.

2. Since marrying my wife I have come to realize that I spent far more of my childhood learning to do things like roll my tongue different ways, make a variety of faces/raise a single eyebrow/curl my lips, and do a variety of colourful voices and sound effects than other children seem to have done. Sadly my Kermit has deteriorated over the years as my voice seemed to keep getting a bit deeper every year until well into my 20's.

3. I was able to talk in complete sentences quite early apparently (something like months before other children) and learned to walk before I learned to crawl. Admittedly, that last one wouldn't be that impressive were it not for my strutting around like a boss of a biped for months while other children were on all fours. Prior to learning how to walk I would shuffle across the floor on my butt.

Chris
11-01-2012, 12:45 PM
1. I was on the verge of becoming a junior wrestling champion, but then quit.

2. I've been a Della Reese fan for seventeen years.

3. Constantly living in the shadow of my dad.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-01-2012, 01:26 PM
1) I did meteorology for a few years. I loved forecasting and observing weather, and creating weather briefings for aircraft. Unfortunately, with all the newer automated hubs, getting a job observing weather is fading away, and it's difficult to get on with the NWS.

2) I used to paint those little War Hammer miniatures. I would buy the figures/models, paint them whatever color the person wanted, and sell them to the person for price and a half.
I've never actually played the game. :monster:

3)I used to think my first concert was The Bouncing Souls/Dropkick Murphys, but then one day I remembered my friend drug me to a DC Talk concert back in the 5th grade. :mad2:

I Took the Red Pill
11-01-2012, 01:59 PM
1. I will never trust a man who claims to prefer Plain M&M's to Peanut M&M's

2. I will probably try dog meat within the next month or two

3. I am in CHina and I have yellow fever

Flying Mullet
11-01-2012, 02:24 PM
These are all things my girlfriend has said about me and I never let her live it down:
<ol><li>I am always right</li><li>I am a saint</li><li>I piss excellence</li></ol>

Unbreakable Will
11-01-2012, 02:37 PM
I can touch my nose with my tongue, I can also roll it and make a purring noise that freaks Nikki out.
I HATE becoming aware that my toes are touching each.... oh goddamn it.
I'm always hungry and eat constantly but don't gain any weight.

Shoeberto
11-01-2012, 03:57 PM
1) I have a nephew who I love dearly and who looks up to me like a hero. It makes me insanely happy, especially since it's kept up even with me not being able to see him as much anymore.
2) I'm hoping to break into the game industry in the next few years. There's a few things holding me back right now, but I've been grooming my credentials since college (with the help of some of the fantastic people I've worked with) to work towards it. I know it's not necessarily a glamorous industry, but having my creations on a screen would be a dream come true for me.
3) I have no idea where I'm going to be (geographically) a year from now and it's really exciting. I think I'd be excited to live anywhere but my current city. Seriously, it's the pits.

edit:

1) I did meteorology for a few years. I loved forecasting and observing weather, and creating weather briefings for aircraft. Unfortunately, with all the newer automated hubs, getting a job observing weather is fading away, and it's difficult to get on with the NWS.
There's still a lot of jobs for it in aerospace if you go private. My company is primarily weathermen since they still need analysts for the atmospheric models. Your old job sounds a lot like what my boss used to do before he came to work here.

Red Mage Coffman
11-01-2012, 03:57 PM
1. I hate Final Fantasy 8 with a burning passion. Still, if you give me a controller and ask me to play it, I will. For some reason.
2. I play Trumpet in my High School band. I'm okay. Not terribly bad, but not anything special. Like a milkshake without the shake.
3. I am a brony. Not a hardcore, furry brony. Don't worry, I won't preach it to you. Just a fan of the show is all.

Lonely Paper Star
11-01-2012, 08:27 PM
1) I'd choose dogs over cats any day. I'm not a cat hater, though.

2) I had a friend who claimed to be a witch and followed "old Scottish" teachings or whatever. She also claimed that when she walked into a church, all the lights turned off. She tried to take me under her wing as an apprentice. Yeah, NOPE.

3) I love the idea of urban exploration. I went a few times to this one place with some friends, and at first I was scared (it was next to a cemetery and on top of a hill overlooking a state penitentiary), but it was so much fun. In general, I'm not that adventurous as a person, but I would totally do that again.

Faris
11-01-2012, 10:07 PM
1) I am the youngest in my generation on both sides of the family and the only ginger. Also, I am the only one without a sibling.

2) I have a personal superstition about New Year's Eve. For example, if I had a great night, I'll have a great year; if I have a bad night, I'll have a bad year. The most interesting story is: after a new year's party I drunkenly hallucinated the grim reaper walking by my bed, coming for someone in the house. We put my dog down that year.

3) I kinda treat my cat like a dog. I'll take her for car rides, put a leash on her and carry her around outside, and we play fetch.

Agent Proto
11-01-2012, 10:54 PM
1. I have kidney failure and I have been on dialysis for 7 years and counting. Not much of a fact, but it's something not everyone knows.

2. I once won runner-up to a bookmark design contest for school. It was in the 3rd grade, I drew this basketball player with the phrase" Be cool, stay in school." It was awesome, and I think I won a prize for it. I don't remember what.

3. I went to a Martin Nievera concert when I was in the Philippines. In fact, I was pretty much dragged into one because I had no other choice to go. It was crowded, noisy, and the music sucked. I really didn't want to go, but it was some kind of experience I wish to never go through again. :greenie:

Laddy
11-01-2012, 11:11 PM
1. I've acted for several years and even won a local award for it.
2. I plan to go to law school.
3. I will definitely be on the next season of Survivor. :monster:

Shorty
11-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Seriously? For realsies?

Bunny
11-01-2012, 11:30 PM
1) I am a kleptomaniac. It was incredibly bad in elementary school and up until I got into high school when I just stopped caring about everything around me. In 3rd through 5th grade, I stole probably 500$ worth of food and goods and another 200-300 in cash.

2) The loss and presumed death of my cat probably had a greater external effect on me than the loss of my mother. I still get incredibly sad whenever I think of the circumstances surrounding his disappearance. I feel for the loss of my mother, and it did effect me fairly significantly in the long run, but I have long since accepted it as something that happened. For comparison, I lost my cat over 15 years ago, my mother around 10 years.

3) I have a hard time coming up with facts about myself because I do not care to remember much of what has happened to me, as I usually classify it as unimportant.

Night Fury
11-01-2012, 11:33 PM
1. I used to do a lot of dog training and handling events and stuff in my early teens and won some awards.

2. I am the only natural brunette in my generation of the family

3. I really suck at maths.

Sephex
11-02-2012, 02:56 PM
1.) I have seen Pink Floyd twice in my life time, which is rare for someone my age.

2.) I have been all over the US and have had many awesome experiences because of my parents.

3.) I don't have a drinking problem. I have a drinking solution: Get drunk.

Shiny
11-02-2012, 03:23 PM
1. When I was younger, my grandmother thought I was the wrong baby because I was yellow and had Asian eyes.

2. One time my brother flew me in the air so high and fast that I got stuck in his ceiling. That was pretty fun.

3. People constantly change my last name to Rivera because I look Hispanic. I'm not Hispanic not even like 1 percent.

1. I will never trust a man who claims to prefer Plain M&M's to Peanut M&M's

2. I will probably try dog meat within the next month or two

1. Yes.
2. You probably already did. Who knows what they're putting in the food...

sharkythesharkdogg
11-02-2012, 03:28 PM
There's still a lot of jobs for it in aerospace if you go private. My company is primarily weathermen since they still need analysts for the atmospheric models. Your old job sounds a lot like what my boss used to do before he came to work here.

Something to keep in mind when the family business is phased out.

Quindiana Jones
11-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Shiny, you really are the race chameleon, aren't you? xD

Araciel
11-02-2012, 03:34 PM
1. I got braces as an adult because my teeth were smurfed.

2. I smurfing HATE Costco...not the store, just the mass of idiots that get in my way.

3. I can do this:

Cuchulainn
11-02-2012, 03:39 PM
1. I never showed up at a funeral of a murder victim today when my presence was expected because it was 'a bit nippy'.

2. I've dumped a girl because i hated her name and couldnt bring myself to say it anymore. Her name was Perpetua. You can't even make a cute nickname out of that for fuck sake.

3. I once got got smacked by a fella who was like 6 foot 5 inches of unnecessary. the next week i seen a mate of his who is considerably smaller. I knocked the jolly outta him in revenge. He'd done nothing....but he was smaller. Guilty by association I call it. All his fault. Fuck Up.

Quindiana Jones
11-02-2012, 03:41 PM
A Geordie would have a field day with a name like Perpetua.

Did you actually say "sorry love, but your name is fucking atrocious and I just can't stand it anymore"? xD

NorthernChaosGod
11-02-2012, 04:04 PM
2. I've dumped a girl because i hated her name and couldnt bring myself to say it anymore. Her name was Perpetua. You can't even make a cute nickname out of that for fuck sake.

I've been sitting here trying to think of something to make out of that name. Fuck me, I've got nothing.

Fujiko
11-02-2012, 04:15 PM
1. I'm fluent in three different languages.
2. A while ago I found out I'm part German on my mum's side. Guess that explains her blond hair and blue eyes. :chuckle:
3. I was born a southpaw and was up until age 7 when I was forced to switch in school. I still do some things with my left on reflex. :)

Shorty
11-02-2012, 05:14 PM
2. I've dumped a girl because i hated her name and couldnt bring myself to say it anymore. Her name was Perpetua. You can't even make a cute nickname out of that for smurf sake.

I've been sitting here trying to think of something to make out of that name. smurf me, I've got nothing.

Pet name... "pet".

It could be cute. I don't know.

Night Fury
11-02-2012, 05:16 PM
A Geordie would have a field day with a name like Perpetua.

Did you actually say "sorry love, but your name is smurfing atrocious and I just can't stand it anymore"? xD

P'petchewa.

:)

Cuchulainn
11-02-2012, 05:53 PM
2. I've dumped a girl because i hated her name and couldnt bring myself to say it anymore. Her name was Perpetua. You can't even make a cute nickname out of that for smurf sake.

I've been sitting here trying to think of something to make out of that name. smurf me, I've got nothing.

There's nothing mate, don't waste ur time. I spent 3 months trying. 'Pet' is unacceptable

Polnareff
11-02-2012, 06:09 PM
There's hundreds of things that people don't know about me, so paring it down to 3 is kind of hard.

1. I can wiggle my ears, but nobody else in my family can. This trait is supposed to run in the family, so....

2. I'm hyperlexic. Hyperlexia is the complete opposite of dyslexia. A fast example. When I was 4 years old, my mom was teaching me at home since there were no schools/preschools in the area. She used to do spelling drills with me. One of the words she gave me was "arithmetic." I'd never heard the word before, but automatically knew not only how to spell it, but what the word related to. This helped me greatly in spelling bees. Hyperlexia is usually related to ASD, but not always. Though it was figured out a year later that my IQ is in the gifted range.

3. I'm ambidextrous, but was forced by my dad to do things with my right hand, since he had a dislike of left-handed people. I can still do everything with either hand though. Write, draw, play baseball, etc.

Laddy
11-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Seriously? For realsies?
No, I mean I'm trying. :p

Shiny
11-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Shiny, you really are the race chameleon, aren't you? xD

A chameleon would mean I could blend in with any race which is not true. People who look mixed never blend in with any group and aren't accepted entirely as part of that group. crawwwwling innnn my skiinnn

Futan
11-03-2012, 12:25 AM
1. I dislike cake.
2. I've never read a book for entertainment. I do read books but only with the intent of learning something.
3. I think Cuch should've pet named his girl Herpetua and eventually shortened it to Herps.