PDA

View Full Version : Operation Suzaku: AKA WE WANT FFType-0!

Goldenboko
11-02-2012, 05:24 AM
Final Fantasy Type-0 was original born as Final Fantasy Agito in 2006 at E3, a game destined for mobile phoning gaming. Eventually the name and platform where scrapped and Final Fantasy Type-0 for the PSP was born.

It has been 6 years since it's announcement and last year the game was finally released in Japan. It was a huge success, however SE has no release date for any other localizations! The people at Operation Suzaku (http://operation-suzaku.com/) hope to change that. They've created several Petitions in various languages to be sent to Yoichi Wada, Square Enix CEO. They already have 2,000 signatures and it has been up just one week (and down some due to Hurricane Sandy)! Help their cause and bring another Final Fantasy to the west!

To keep up with their progress, try following their twitter (http://twitter.com/OperationSuzaku) or liking their Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Suzaku/280657358719978)! Good luck to these noble warriors! EoFF will continue to track this as more information on Final Fantasy Type-0 arises.

Formalhaut
11-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Yeah! I really like that. Now, I don't actually own a PSP or a PS Vita (Nintendo monopolises my handheld slot) so I also hope they port it to the PS3 or something. It looks really good!

Del Murder
11-03-2012, 03:52 AM
Signed.

Wolf Kanno
11-03-2012, 07:09 AM
The director did an interview (http://asia.gamespot.com/features/fantasy-star-talking-to-final-fantasy-scenario-director-hajime-tabata-6399208/) recently and it sounds like translating the game is on hold until the market factor change but he sounds like he really wants it released outside of Japan.

Snakz92
05-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Hello! i just found out about this today and im sure it is legtimate! please sign so that we can have Final Fantasy Type-0 in the states!

Localize Final Fantasy Type-0 for the West (http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Localize_Final_Fantasy_Type0_for_the_West/?cNKfGeb)

Del Murder
05-06-2013, 01:59 AM
There was also another campaign detailed in the thread below:

http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-type-0/146303-operation-suzaku-aka-we-want-fftype-0-a.html

Snakz92
05-06-2013, 03:51 AM
are they both affiliated with each other?

Del Murder
05-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Dunno!

Snakz92
05-06-2013, 03:20 PM
I'll leave this here then and hope someone signs it!

Flying Mullet
05-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Do these ever work?

Snakz92
05-06-2013, 05:27 PM
it seems like it would. well, this one anyway.
hope is all i can rely on.

Skyblade
05-06-2013, 07:50 PM
Honestly, I'm not too much of a fan of the wording of this petition. While it may be true that the game is deserving of an international release, shifts in the market definitely are a valid reason to withhold release or localization of a game.

I much prefer Operation Suzaku's efforts. It reaches out in more ways, with more creativity, and tries to show Square Enix that there is a reasonable demand among the fans for this game, and that it will be monetarily viable.

Between their penny petition, and the "We Have Arrived" campaign, Operation Suzaku is trying to show that not only do the fans want this game, they are willing to pay for it.

I don't want to emphasize market conditions, or reinforce to Square that the game itself deserves the release, I'd much rather simply reinforce to them that my wallet is ready and willing to shell out the cash to buy it, and that there are tons of others like me out there.

I'm not sure if I should sign this or not. On the one hand, it is definitely good to show more support and interest in this game, but on the other, I don't want to emphasize this particular petition's focal points. Hmm...

Skyblade
05-06-2013, 07:53 PM
We Have Arrived campaign

We Have Arrived is a song from Final Fantasy Type-0 that can be purchased for Theatrhythm Final Fantasy on iOS ($0.99/0.89€).
In order to show Square Enix we actually have money for their game, you are all invited to download Theatrhythm on your iOS device, buy We Have Arrived (Music Stages > Purchase Songs > Bottom of the list), give the game a try and leave a fair comment on the App Store. At the end of your comment, add “And please release Final Fantasy Type-0 for the West”.

Our goal here is pushing We Have Arrived in the Top 10 DLC for Theatrhythm in as many countries as possible. A topic on the Square Enix official Forums will be then created so they can see how strong the demand is.

A worthy expenditure of a dollar, in my mind. If you have an android device, it's a great way to show support for this game, and if we can make a Type-0 song one of the most downloaded/purchased, it will be a good step in convincing Square to localize it.

Snakz92
05-07-2013, 02:28 AM
I dont really have a say in the matter. i just wanted to share it. although im sure a much more legitimate petition will show up at some point.

Wolf Kanno
05-07-2013, 07:54 AM
I remember Operation Rainfall doing a similar event where they wanted everyone to purchase the original Final Fantasy on Virtual Console on the day of the European release I believe. Don't know if it was effective but hey I have the game now on my Wii.

Goldenboko
05-07-2013, 02:20 PM
This petition is the petition from Suzaku I have linked to in past coverage of Type-0. :)

Skyblade
05-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Huh. So it is. And I've already signed it.

In that case, it's really, really depressing that it hasn't reached its quota yet. Maybe Square was right, this game wouldn't sell well enough to release. :(

But, yeah, this is then a part of the Operation Suzaku efforts and should go in that thread.

Karifean
08-16-2013, 01:21 AM
Revival time!

Square Enix acknowledges fan demand for a western release of Final Fantasy Type-0 | Nova Crystallis (http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/08/square-enix-acknowledges-fan-demand-for-a-western-release-of-final-fantasy-type-0/)

Skyblade
08-16-2013, 01:42 AM
SQUEEEEE!

Oh, wait. They're saying it might not be possible. Hmm...

Well, I'm hopeful anyway. This game is awesome even in Japanese; properly translated, it'll be brilliant.

And if not, the fan translation is still on the way (and will probably get here before the official one anyway).

Formalhaut
08-16-2013, 02:16 AM
They acknowledge fan support for a localisation?

Well, it's a start at least. I just want it on PS3, heck, and/or even the PS4. I don't own a Sony handheld.

Jiro
08-16-2013, 02:35 AM
The game should've been localised from the start, and the disclaimer that it "might not be possible" feels a little weak to me. But I mean, whatever. All they've done by not localising it is hurt their sales.

Skyblade
08-16-2013, 08:00 PM
They acknowledge fan support for a localisation?

Well, it's a start at least. I just want it on PS3, heck, and/or even the PS4. I don't own a Sony handheld.

Well, it's not unheard of for Square to make things for Nintendo handhelds.

But I really don't think the 3DS could handle this game, so you're basically right.

Personally, though, I'd love it for the Vita. Clean up the resolution a little, and it would be perfect.

I could honestly see it on the PS3 or PS4 though. It is an outstanding game, and could be a blockbuster on a home console.

Red Mage Coffman
08-16-2013, 09:25 PM
I just really want to play it. So bad. TAKE ALL OF MY SUPPORT.

Spooniest
08-18-2013, 09:30 AM
This looks cool and I will buy it, mister!

I also have the new super bomb, please buy it too mister!