PDA

View Full Version : Official Triple Triad FAQ and Battle Thread

Goldenboko
11-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Q. What is Triple Triad?

Triple Triad was a mini-game in Final Fantasy VIII. A mini-game that you can play right here at Eyes On Final Fantasy under the Triple Triad tab! Just click on the tab, go to the battle arena sub-tab, and battle against either another member or a CPU!

Q. That's awesome! How do I get cards?
Cards can be acquired two ways - purchasing or winning from CPU's. Up to level 3 cards can be purchased from the "Purchase Decks" tab. Up to level 7 cards can be won from CPU's.

Q. Purchase huh? How do I get gil?
Post on the forums! You get 1 gil for every post and 5 gil for every thread you make! :cool:

Q. Some of my cards are showing up and I didn't lose them! HELP!
Make sure you left all your matches, you cannot use any cards being used in an "Active Battle".

Q. The music! It's driving me crazy!! Please stop the music ;-;
Far down your General Settings page (http://home.eyesonff.com/profile.php?do=editoptions#cfield_44) is a menu where you can select your default setting for music and sounds. You can also control the music and sounds temporarily in the box just below the battle screen. But I bet you already knew that!

Q. I can't think of a sensible, non-leading question to match this answer. But I'll answer it anyway.
You don't have to play your game in one go. Your battle progress is always saved, so if you leave the page you can always come back later - just click the "Triple Triad" tab and check the "Active battles" list in the submenu. If your opponent takes a long time to take their turn, try checking back later!

Q. That's a lot of CPU's! Can you explain them?
Why sure I can!
You can win a card from Balamb Student, Balamb Dropout, the Queen of Cards, and Dr. Kadowaki, but be careful they can win a card off you too! Fuijin, Raijin, and Quistis are all there just for practice, no cards will be exchanged in those matches.
Balamb Student has: Level 1-2 cards
Balamb Dropout has: Level 3-4 cards
Queen of Cards has: Level 5-6 cards
Dr. Kadowaki has: Level 7 cards
Raijin has: Level 1-4 cards
Fuijin has: Level 5-8 cards
Quistis has: Level 10 cards

Use this thread to post battle requests, trade requests, etc! Or perhaps post more questions to get into the FAQ!

Ultima Shadow
11-02-2012, 04:32 PM
I request a battle against any person who just so happens to own a Level 8+ card, and who dares to bet it in a "winner takes 1 card" battle.

...yes, my goal is basically to steal your most precious card by force, while laughing like a maniac. :greenie:

MTKO
11-02-2012, 04:59 PM
I only have level 3 and below cards right now, so anyone around that level that wants to battle, for cards or just for fun, message me and we'll play.

Rantz
11-02-2012, 06:23 PM
I'll play you, MTKO!

Jowy
11-02-2012, 08:21 PM
nobody ever wants to play direct/random with me. :aimcry:

Goldenboko
11-02-2012, 08:58 PM
I still don't know what most of the rules are. I'm going to look them up and type them into this FAQ later.

Jiro
11-03-2012, 03:01 AM
nobody ever wants to play direct/random with me. :aimcry:

I'm willing to play another one with you.

Ultima Shadow
11-03-2012, 04:06 PM
I shall keep bugging people with exclusive cards until I've stolen them all!

Let's see... Karifean and Faris should be my next targets. :greenie:

Faris
11-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Let's see... Karifean and Faris should be my next targets. :greenie:

D: *stuffs Sacred in bra*

Jiro
11-04-2012, 04:17 AM
Fortunately I will have an inexhaustible supply of rare cards because I'm making news updates and shit all the time :monster:

Ultima Shadow
11-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Fortunately I will have an inexhaustible supply of rare cards because I'm making news updates and trout all the time :monster:
Then you won't mind losing betting a few more of those, right? :greenie:

Jiro
11-05-2012, 12:03 PM
You better believe it

Braver
11-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Thats really cool!

Jiro
11-09-2012, 02:20 PM
You're really cool, Braver!

MTKO
11-10-2012, 04:48 AM
Anyone want to play me that has low level (1-3) cards? Just send me a request and I'll play.

Goldenboko
11-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Anyone want to play me that has low level (1-3) cards? Just send me a request and I'll play.

Challenge accepted.

Also, what it do (http://home.eyesonff.com/tripletriad.php?do=arena&act=replay&id=6982). Learned the rules.

Goldenboko
12-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Added CPU explanations :)