PDA

View Full Version : Failure

Raistlin
11-02-2012, 11:42 PM
So as many of you already know, I took the bar exam over the summer, which is required in the US in order for anyone to become a lawyer. It is a grueling, multi-day test preceded by months of studying. And followed by months of waiting for the results. This afternoon, the bar examiners published the list of passes and failures, organized by applicant number.

I have no idea who applicant 0847 is, but I am very sorry he failed. I, on the other hand, passed.

What have you accomplished lately?

krissy
11-02-2012, 11:48 PM
im 0847 you dick

edit:

congratulations

edit 2:

u dic

Agent Proto
11-02-2012, 11:52 PM
I like how Raist fails to mention the thirteen other failures besides 0847. I wonder why he decided to single out just that person. :p

Sephex
11-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Gettin' paid. Haulin' ass.

CimminyCricket
11-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Congratulations! That's a huge accomplishment!

I don't think I have asked you yet, but what is your preferred area of law?

sharkythesharkdogg
11-03-2012, 12:16 AM
Congratulations!

Cuchulainn
11-03-2012, 12:46 AM
What a pathetic way to attempt to veil an obvious gloat. Fuck off Wesley. I'd respect you more if you were just fucking brazen about it.

Laddy
11-03-2012, 02:06 AM
Well done, Raistlin. Go out and fuck up the justice system. :jess:

In all seriousness, well done and well-deserved.

Raistlin
11-03-2012, 02:17 AM
Thanks, everyone. Except Cuch, who gets an extra special pinch on the cheek for the adorable trolling attempt. *cheek pinch*

im 0847 you dick

edit:

congratulations

edit 2:

u dic

I was actually going to post this joke + pic on Facebook, but shortly beforehand found out that at least one person on my FB list actually did fail the bar. I may be a huge dick, but I'm not quite that much of a dick to joke about failing the bar in front of people who actually did. So I had to use it here.

Now, off to drink. :D

Unbreakable Will
11-03-2012, 03:19 AM
Congrats man, I hope you're successful with your future as well!
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Congrats/Congrats-1.gif

Bunny
11-03-2012, 03:23 AM
Thanks, everyone. Except Cuch, who gets an extra special pinch on the cheek for the adorable trolling attempt. *cheek pinch*

im 0847 you dick

edit:

congratulations

edit 2:

u dic

I was actually going to post this joke + pic on Facebook, but shortly beforehand found out that at least one person on my FB list actually did fail the bar. I may be a huge dick, but I'm not quite that much of a dick to joke about failing the bar in front of people who actually did. So I had to use it here.

Now, off to drink. :D

Hhahahahahahaha

You are going to be the worst lawyer with that type of sympathy.

Jiro
11-03-2012, 07:56 AM
It's different when he's getting paid.

I uh, I handed in my last paper. So like, I should be all officially graduated in a couple weeks.

Agrias
11-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Make money, get laid.

etc....

Peegee
11-03-2012, 10:56 AM
I drank myself until i threw up...yesterday. good first impression for pg

Shauna
11-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Congrats!

I'm sure nothing bad will come of this! :|

Chris
11-03-2012, 12:43 PM
I haven't accomplished anything noteworthy in recent times, but I'm fine with that.

Congrats on passing! :)

Shorty
11-03-2012, 05:58 PM
I have accomplished jack.

fire_of_avalon
11-03-2012, 08:17 PM
I have accomplished burning you on facebook.

That's it.

Raistlin
11-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Hhahahahahahaha

I am criminal defense. I'm supposed to have some sympathy!

Good thing I'm a good actor.

I uh, I handed in my last paper. So like, I should be all officially graduated in a couple weeks.

Excellent! Congrats on being done.

EDIT:

I have accomplished burning you on facebook.

You mean by copying Ashley's joke? :p Yeah, quite the burn.

Citizen Bleys
11-04-2012, 12:29 AM
I am criminal defense.

You're going to get lied to a lot by your clients, but on the bright side those who lie to the guy who's supposed to be protecting them will probably lose their cases as a direct result. It's like automatic revenge!

Crop
11-04-2012, 12:58 AM

My boss used to be criminal defense. He said it was the worse time of his life, and was so lucky to get a chance to go into prosecution which he is now.

Bunny
11-04-2012, 01:02 AM
Hhahahahahahaha

Good thing I'm a good actor.

Even scumbags need lawyers I guess. Especially one of their own.

Cuchulainn
11-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Damnit. Fair enough ya slut. Congradulations then Wesley.

Raistlin
11-04-2012, 04:19 AM
You're going to get lied to a lot by your clients, but on the bright side those who lie to the guy who's supposed to be protecting them will probably lose their cases as a direct result. It's like automatic revenge!

They all lie, even to their lawyer. It comes with the territory. I don't really give a fuck; most of them shouldn't testify for themselves to begin with.

Damnit. Fair enough ya slut. Congradulations then Wesley.

Thanks, Cuchi. :love:

My boss used to be criminal defense. He said it was the worse time of his life, and was so lucky to get a chance to go into prosecution which he is now.

I've worked for both defense and prosecution, and defense is so much better for me. You have to ignore a lot of horrific things and political bullshit to be a successful prosecutor in this day and age. Most of the defense attorneys I've worked with love it, but you have to get into it for the right reasons (or just be like my boss and enjoy being a dick).

DMKA
11-04-2012, 05:08 AM
I got off on my DUI charges!

;___;

Mercen-X
11-04-2012, 05:17 AM
I have to pass 8 courses of my online classes for graduation. I've already failed one class and now have to make it up which costs more money. My aunt is in the same program and told that if you fail two courses, you're booted and still owe the money.

yukina
11-04-2012, 05:23 AM
I passed my boards for Occupational Therapy just recently so yay! Then again, it's all adult problems from here on, haha.

Citizen Bleys
11-04-2012, 06:35 AM
So, who's down for a crime spree in Maryland? We can get WesLY to represent us!

Jiro
11-04-2012, 07:02 AM
So, who's down for a crime spree in Maryland? We can get WesLY to represent us!

Why is that so enticing?

Also ITT we apparently don't have many successes to talk about. How the smurf are our lives more depressing than Raistlin's? Pick it up team.

Citizen Bleys
11-04-2012, 09:06 AM
I got arson covered. Do we have any murderers, rapists, and thieves for the team?

Psychotic
11-04-2012, 03:47 PM
I got arson covered. Do we have any murderers, rapists, and thieves for the team?I don't know about any of those things, but is there any room for someone who likes to sniff people's hair on the team?

Congratulations... is what I would say if I truly believed you weren't 0847. :colbert:

Raistlin
11-04-2012, 04:00 PM
I got arson covered. Do we have any murderers, rapists, and thieves for the team?

And here I figured you'd be indecent exposure, Bleys.

Rantz
11-04-2012, 05:35 PM
I can be illegal immigrant and/or drug mule.

Pumpkin
11-04-2012, 05:54 PM
I can steal chocolate bars.

Shorty
11-04-2012, 05:56 PM
I will pillage the purses of old ladies.

Slothy
11-04-2012, 06:01 PM
I will murder random strangers but leave no discernible pattern.

Citizen Bleys
11-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Wow, I really expected rape to go before theft and murder.

Pumpkin
11-04-2012, 06:10 PM
I can rape former rape victims?

Shorty
11-04-2012, 06:11 PM
No one will be raped unless they sign a form of consent.

Psychotic
11-04-2012, 07:26 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/raist.jpg

The Grim Dark Dystopian Raistlin Future.

Raistlin
11-04-2012, 07:41 PM
... Is... that a picture of shirtless 17-year-old me?

I don't want to know why you have that picture saved. :sweat:

Psychotic
11-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Remember the day, and remember the name. Psychotic is the man who creeped out EoFF's biggest creep. :bigsmile:

You can sleep easy though. If you look, that screenshot is dated over 5 years ago.

DK
11-04-2012, 07:47 PM
As an aside, the one trapped in that horrific structure and screaming for help was me. :(

Raistlin
11-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Hahaha, screaming for help after being overwhelmed with arousal, I bet. :aimkiss:

Faris
11-04-2012, 07:59 PM
As an aside, the one trapped in that horrific structure and screaming for help was me. :(

I'd like to think that I captured that image with perfect timing.

If I get a call back this week for a second job, that will be my newest accomplishment! Also, congrats.

Heath
11-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Congratulations!

What have I achieved recently? I've done a couple of things in work I'm quite proud of - especially as it's a relatively new job so getting into the swing of things and it's nice to have a couple of accomplishments I can point to already. One example is my manager asked me to read a report that he'd been asked to comment on, and to pass any thoughts on to the authors. I did so, suggesting they include a new section and they replied saying that they thought it was a really good idea and they were going to include me on the distribution list for future edits. It was nice to receive that praise, especially from someone senior to me.

Citizen Bleys
11-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Melenkurion abatha, that's the most horrible thing I've seen in ever, and I've been to 4chan.

krissy
11-05-2012, 03:14 AM
http://i.imgur.com/2sQGZ.jpg

Bolivar
11-05-2012, 05:47 AM
I actually just passed the Pennsylvania bar exam... getting sworn in with my other successful alumni next week. Which states/jurisdictions did you apply for Raistlin?

I was so nervous to not pass it the first time, because your chances go down dramatically if you take it multiple times. So congrats to you, it's not an easy thing at all to pass the bar and requires a good deal of time management. What bar prep did you use?

I also finished the Hobbit for the firs time!

Raistlin
11-05-2012, 11:49 PM
krissy: STLLJ is down, but I think we may already have that one. Or, at least, we have at least one Cheesus already... though knowing how closely some Christians seem to scrutinize their food, I wouldn't be surprised if there were many more. xD

I actually just passed the Pennsylvania bar exam... getting sworn in with my other successful alumni next week. Which states/jurisdictions did you apply for Raistlin?

I was so nervous to not pass it the first time, because your chances go down dramatically if you take it multiple times. So congrats to you, it's not an easy thing at all to pass the bar and requires a good deal of time management. What bar prep did you use?

Congrats! Though I don't get sworn in for another 6 weeks or so. :mad: I only took the Maryland bar, and I used Themis bar prep, which was one of the cheapest available and had a significant presence at my law school.

Bolivar
11-06-2012, 12:20 AM
I used Themis, too, and I gotta say, I think they really nailed how to do an online course and they're so good at it that I think it's going to become the standard. Maryland should be a really sweet place to practice, good luck with your career!

Quindiana Jones
11-06-2012, 12:22 AM
I aced my TEFL training and was immediately offered a job in China. That goes quite securely in my "win" column.

Congrats on being allowed to defend the innocent in court and get paid for it.

Raistlin
11-06-2012, 01:16 AM
I used Themis, too, and I gotta say, I think they really nailed how to do an online course and they're so good at it that I think it's going to become the standard. Maryland should be a really sweet place to practice, good luck with your career!

Eh, I thought Themis was kinda meh overall, and if I had actually needed a lot of help I'm not sure how useful they would have been. Some of the explanations on practice MBE questions were oversimplified, misleading, or outright wrong (by the end I was correcting them more than learning from them, though the MBE was definitely my strength). I also didn't get a thing from the essay grader's commentary that the bar examiner's analysis didn't give, and some of the lecturers were painful. But I wasn't looking for much: I really just got Themis to put me on a schedule and provide some materials, and it was fine for that. I'm content with what Themis did for me, but I think you get what you pay for.

I do think online courses will become more standard, especially with the outrageous prices Barbri charges.

Citizen Bleys
11-06-2012, 04:37 AM
Sunset and evening star,
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no passing of the bar
When I put out to sea
But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
Turns again home.