Pike
11-04-2012, 01:42 AM
1. Beast
2. Wolvie
3. Gambit
4. Nightcrawler
5. Everyone else

Okay, did I miss anyone?

Note: Professor X doesn't count because he's on a different tier.

Slothy
11-04-2012, 01:08 AM
Are we talking just in terms of mutant powers, who stands the best chance against Galactus, or who we like the most?

CimminyCricket
11-04-2012, 01:42 AM
I hope not in terms of powers, because not one of those listed is classified as even remotely close to an Omega level mutant. Iceman is my favourite X-Man and it just so happens he is an Omega level mutant. C:

Jowy
11-04-2012, 02:10 AM
just reorganizing what you posted, steph

gambit
beast
wolverine
nightcrawler
9001: cyclops

Bunny
11-04-2012, 02:13 AM
1. Namor the Sub-Mariner.
2. Fuck everyone else.

Flaming Ice
11-04-2012, 03:07 AM
Nightcrawler + Beast #1

Mercen-X
11-04-2012, 06:43 AM
I've been dwelling on this a lot. In terms of what abilities they are currently able to wield, Wolverine and pretty much any other unstoppable, unmovable, instant regeneration mutants far outclass Beast. Beast has always been the Tony Stark of the X-Men.

In terms of taking mutants' powers to their logical extreme a la DC's Kingdom Come, any mutants having control over atomic structures (elements or general objects and their own cellular structures) can potentially be the most powerful mutants of all. Iceman, Pyro, Rusty, Shadowcat (she's just a few levels away from being able to slice people to pieces by "phasing"), Jean Grey (duh), Magneto, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, Ghost Rider (speaking outside of the mutant existence now.)

Pike
11-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Are we talking just in terms of mutant powers, who stands the best chance against Galactus, or who we like the most?

I'm talking about who we like the most.

Jiro
11-04-2012, 11:38 AM
just reorganizing what you posted, steph

gambit
beast
wolverine
nightcrawler
9001: cyclops

yeah this + that fire dude. I fucking love fire so that guy is up there too.

Chris
11-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Don't say "fireworks", because anyone who knows anything about mutant powers, know just how powerful Jubilee's power can be.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090303202648/marveldatabase/images/b/b8/Jubilee_(X-Men_Legends).jpg

I Took the Red Pill
11-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Wolverine
Beast
Storm
Colossus
Cyclops

Raistlin
11-04-2012, 04:36 PM
1. Wolverine
2. Gambit
3. Nightcrawler
4. Jean Grey
5. Beast

Araciel
11-04-2012, 08:02 PM

I have this set 1992 somewhere.... I should bust it out and we can see what people thought 20 years ago.

Madame Adequate
11-04-2012, 08:09 PM
I hope not in terms of powers, because not one of those listed is classified as even remotely close to an Omega level mutant. Iceman is my favourite X-Man and it just so happens he is an Omega level mutant. C:

Ahahaha yeah Bobby being an Omega is just silly, I'll give him a call next time I want a soda cooled down.

Magneto is best. And yes he has been a member of the X-Men at times so :colbert:
Jubilee
Beast
Colossus is Russian so da, he is good

NorthernChaosGod
11-05-2012, 07:09 AM
Wolverine
Gambit
Nightcrawler
Colossus

Del Murder
11-05-2012, 06:40 PM
How is Iceman Omega level but Xavier and Magneto aren't?

Slothy
11-05-2012, 10:25 PM
How is Iceman Omega level but Xavier and Magneto aren't?

Being able to stop all atomic motion and being effectively immortal (when not hand waving his extreme levels of power away by saying he's lazy/forgot/whatever) is a bit more far reaching than being a telepath (worlds most powerful or not) or being able to keep your fridge magnets from falling down. I kid a bit of course, but seriously, Iceman at full power is supposed to be ungodly powerful.

Del Murder
11-05-2012, 10:32 PM
How is he immortal?

Chris
11-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Xavier is essentially capable of killing every living being on the planet, doubt Bobby's got that kind of reach.

Slothy
11-05-2012, 10:49 PM
How is he immortal?

When he's in his ice form he can repair any damage to his body using any water source, including moisture in the air. He's even used this ability to completely reform after having his whole body destroyed. Quite recently he was even able to use this ability to control a dozen or so ice bodies in a fight at once. Immortal may have been the wrong choice of words actually. Presumably he is aging and could maybe die of old age someday, but he is essentially indestructible.

Xavier is essentially capable of killing every living being on the planet, doubt Bobby's got that kind of reach.

Without the use of Cerebro Xavier's powers were never portrayed as that far reaching. Besides that, you shut down his brain and he's toast. Someone like Iceman could conceivably just instantly freeze him before he can do anything. But regardless, as much as Xavier is really really powerful in his own right, the fact that he's readily killable puts him behind Iceman in my mind. Aside from his telepathy Xavier is every bit as fragile as you or me.

Laddy
11-05-2012, 10:54 PM
CHOIR.

http://www.thecomicbooknerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/x-men-Choir.jpg

snacks
11-06-2012, 02:13 AM
1. Phoenix Cyclops even though he was a dick
2. AoA Nightcrawler who's 30x more bad arse than 616 Nightcrawler
3. Scarlet Witch, yeah she screwed the entire mutant universe but she's....under stress.
4. Gambit, he's really been put under the radar lately.
5. Colossus, well I think Pete is hot so. :)

snacks
11-06-2012, 02:16 AM
How is he immortal?

When he's in his ice form he can repair any damage to his body using any water source, including moisture in the air. He's even used this ability to completely reform after having his whole body destroyed. Quite recently he was even able to use this ability to control a dozen or so ice bodies in a fight at once. Immortal may have been the wrong choice of words actually. Presumably he is aging and could maybe die of old age someday, but he is essentially indestructible.

Without the use of Cerebro Xavier's powers were never portrayed as that far reaching. Besides that, you shut down his brain and he's toast. Someone like Iceman could conceivably just instantly freeze him before he can do anything. But regardless, as much as Xavier is really really powerful in his own right, the fact that he's readily killable puts him behind Iceman in my mind. Aside from his telepathy Xavier is every bit as fragile as you or me.

The level of Xavier's power has really been up played/downplayed by each writer that joins the x-books. At one point he did shut down Magnetos mind and effectively made himself nearly impossible to defeat because he essentially joined his and portion of Magneto's psyche into his own.

But then a couple years later, Emma Frost who's powers are lesser than his was able to place placeholders in Xavier's mind to make sure he wasn't still inhabited by more than one person. If anything it just depends on the writer.

Raistlin
11-06-2012, 03:04 AM
Someone like Iceman could conceivably just instantly freeze him before he can do anything.

Thought is faster than moving ice. Professor X could "freeze" anyone before they could even move.

I can understand Magneto being under Iceman, because Magneto, besides flying and some other abilities, is highly dependent on his environment for his power to be truly effective, whereas Iceman generates his own power. But there's no way I can put him above Xavier; he may not be able to kill every single person on the planet without Cerebro, but he can readily do it to everyone in his vicinity, no matter how powerful they are.

Slothy
11-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Thought is faster than moving ice. Professor X could "freeze" anyone before they could even move.

Who says he needs to move ice to freeze someone? He can literally freeze every molecule in your body just by thinking it. He is at least as deadly to everyone in the vicinity as someone like Xavier. But since he can affect more than other people, he's a lot more versatile. Xavier is pretty useless if a Sentinel attacks.

Loony BoB
11-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Vivi22 is right. Anyone who has researched mutant power levels knows that Iceman has regularly been stated as one of the most powerful mutants in the Marvel universe.

As for my favourites...

1. Gambit
2. Rogue
3. Wolverine
4. Deadpool (honestly stunned I'm the first to mention him)
5. Darwin
6. Archangel
7. Psylocke
8. Domino
9. Beast
10. Random

and as for favourite villains...

1. Apocalypse
2. Mr. Sinister
3. White Queen
4. Magneto
5. Juggernaut
6. Mystique
7. Mojo
8. Deadpool
9. Toad
10. Stryfe

Slothy
11-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Might as well answer the actual thread question as well for a change. Some of my answers will probably stray a bit from the X-Men proper into the extended X-families.

1. Multiple Man
2. In the interests of shortening this list, pretty much the entire current roster in X-Factor.
3. Wolverine (if only because him existing lead to Wolverine and the X-Men).
4. Beast
5. Rogue
6. Broo
7. Kitty Pryde
8. Magneto
9. Doop
10. Cable, despite being pretty much the living embodiment of everything wrong with 90's comics is still really cool when done right.

I won't keep going though since that list already covers probably 20+ characters. Never really got the Gambit love myself. He can be interesting when done well, but I've been read the majority of X-titles published in the last 10-15 years or so and I can't think of many times where he was used really well in my opinion.

Loony BoB
11-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Argh, how did I forget Cable!?

EDIT: Gambit was used well in the animated TV series. *nod* Which is pretty much how I got introduced to the X-Men. I'm actually rewatching the series now. I just wish there was a way to read all the comics on my PSP.

Hollycat
11-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Are we forgetting the lady who can make storms? How about Nitro? You know, the guy who can potentially destroy an entire country on accident?

Slothy
11-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Argh, how did I forget Cable!?

EDIT: Gambit was used well in the animated TV series. *nod* Which is pretty much how I got introduced to the X-Men. I'm actually rewatching the series now. I just wish there was a way to read all the comics on my PSP.

I thought Gambit was all right in the animated series. He was certainly used better there than I find him in the comics (and I've actually been re-watching the series lately as well), but I don't know. He just never struck much of a chord with me. I guess aside from spending years with a serious case of blue balls I just didn't find much I could relate to. :jess: