PDA

View Full Version : Improve Your Favorite Game

Laddy
11-04-2012, 02:50 AM
Take your favorite game. How would you improve it?

Go.

CimminyCricket
11-04-2012, 02:52 AM
Disgaea

There would be more story missions and more to customize in the game as far as characters and weapons. Right now the most they're giving us is colour pallet swaps.

Jowy
11-04-2012, 03:29 AM
Suikoden II

- removing that hellish forest to get to Gregminster.
- making the "save Ridley" battle not so goddamn touchy
- trimming out that second trip through the Tinto Mines
- being able to recruit the octopus guy without taking up a Star of Destiny slot

NeoCracker
11-04-2012, 06:21 AM
Xenosaga Episode 3: Add an additional path or two to each characters Progression trees. Make the game a bit harder. Mind you, it's more challanging then most JRPG's, but Persona has spoiled me for difficulty.

Persona 4: Add back in Persona 3's different physical damage types. Improve the stories on some of the Social Links. Alternate paths to finish the different social links.

Pete for President
11-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Dark Souls.

I would balance out the final boss by adding more non-parry-able attacks. And I would change the Bed of Chaos "fight" to make it less "run and hope for the best". For all the bosses in this amazing game, this one just doesn't feel right when you don't have as much control of things as the player. The fight seems random as it is; sometimes I don't die at all, sometimes I die 5 times in a row. Instead of the freaky green claws sweeping you in the pits, I'd give it more vertical moves to make you run like hell, and give it more visual references so you actually have a chance to act on what the boss is doing.

black orb
11-05-2012, 04:58 AM
>>> Valkyrie Profile.
The Gods of Asgard needed more development..:luca:

maybee
11-05-2012, 07:17 AM
Strider !

I would add in more levels and make the last level a little easier and make the 3rd level a little more towards the end and a few breather levels, because my hands are aching by the last level which makes it extra harder for me. I would add in another character as well a female type that is best friends with Strider and she can fight within a different style and is no way near close to being a damsel thankyou very much ! :jess:

NorthernChaosGod
11-05-2012, 07:21 AM
Xenogears

-Finish the fucking second disc properly.
-I wouldn't mind adding some challenge to the battles

NeoCracker
11-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Xenogears

-Finish the fucking second disc properly.
-I wouldn't mind adding some challenge to the battles

That game needs a lot more work then just the second disc. :p

NorthernChaosGod
11-06-2012, 08:52 AM
You can eat a bag of dicks.

Shorty
11-06-2012, 05:48 PM
New Vegas: more Dave Foley. :colbert:

Skyblade
11-06-2012, 11:52 PM
Chrono Trigger: Boost the Double and Triple Techs to make them more useful for the cost you pay to use them. There are a few that are ok, but most, especially the Triple Techs, are simply a waste of MP, as they are only as good as, or even not as good as, the Single Techs.

Loony BoB
11-07-2012, 05:05 PM
Final Fantasy VII

- Make more considerable differences between the characters' statistics for battle, and ensure there are frequent situations where each of them become very useful or very poor.
- Don't turn Red XIII from a wise and powerful catthing to a shy little pussy halfway through the game.
- More Tifa and Red XIII in general.
- More variation throughout the game (similar to how you can change the date, allow us to change other things, too).
- Have the characters kick Aeris while she's dead. Okay, maybe not, but the thought makes me smile.
- Give Red XIII's race a freakin' name.

Red Mage Coffman
11-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Dissida Duodecim

-More characters. The most I expected from this sequel was more characters. While we did get a few, I didn't get what i was expecting. I was at least hoping for some DLC characters, but no. Not even that... D:
-More assist characters and I do mean assist. Look at Aerith for example. Though an assist, she wasn't a playable character in the game. Well, why was she the only assist of her kind? I would have milked the assist system. Add some fan favorites or something! Vivi, Auron, Snow, SOMETHING!
-Improved Quest system. Duodecim came with the ability to make quests. This had epic potential. But... they did it ALL wrong. It was dreadful. You would have to be REALLY patient to make a good quest, which can take up to 2 hours if you want quality. Wish it woulda been better.
-Improved World Map system. Cause the world map system in this game was tedious, boring, and failed at trying to return the game to old elements. Honestly, I would have tried putting in towns and even NPC's of Cosmos' and Chaos' realm, put some shops, even include Chocobo's. But no. It sucked so bad. It was just barren, empty, and sad.
-This may be a longshot, and it probably is. Incorperating a random battle system within the game. Even try making an RPG like battle system to make things interesting. Leveling came from good, old fashinoned grinding. The enemies aren't JUST manikins. There would be monsters and such. It would prepare you for the actual fights with the real characaters, not a bunch of lame ass manikins.
-Adding a REAL dungeon system. If they could fix the world map, add random encounters, and have some dungeons that included wandering, I'd be 10 times happier with this game.
-Replacing Ultimecia with Seifer. Or at least adding Seifer. Cause Ultimecia is boring, stupid, and unmotivated. At least Squall and Seifer are rivals. That would add so much more to Squall's story.
-Try and balance out the fighting mechanics. Cause they are a little sad. When it all comes down to it, its a game of Cat and Mouse or a game of Counter Attack. Really boring and could be WAY better, if it was balanced.
-More character interactions in the 012 Story. Tidus barely talked to Yuna. Cloud barely talked to Tifa. Laguna barely talked to Squall. I didn't get a Squall, Lightning, Cloud scene. I mean, it was only the 6 main characters of the 012 saga that interacted with each other. Which was okay, but they could have done MUCH better.

These are just SOME of the problems. I don't wanna get into the other ones or I'll be here all day. So... Yeah. Some problems I would fix.

Mercen-X
11-07-2012, 09:14 PM
.hack//VERSUS

Make it available in the US now!

Final Fantasy VII

- Make more considerable differences between the characters' statistics for battle, and ensure there are frequent situations where each of them become very useful or very poor. Let Cloud wield different weapons, he's supposed to be the jack. Give Tifa some boots as weapons for variation. Make Barret's gun-arm alterations more interactive. Make materia applicable to only characters with prerequisite stats.
- More Tifa and Red XIII in general. Make Aerith more relevant to the storyline and gameplay. Make Vincent and Yuffie canon rather than optional.
- More variation throughout the game (similar to how you can change the date, (I don't know what you're talking about) allow us to change other things, too). Custom outfits... yes, I like playing dress-up!
- Have the characters kick Aeris while she's dead. Make Aerith's death optional by conversation. Sure, it'll break canon according to AC, but who-the-f cares?
- Give Red XIII's race a freakin' name. Aarushi: First ray of the sun. Anoushka: Lightning. Aditya: Lord(s) of the Sun. Yash: Victory. Tanish: Ambitious. Silvetris: Wildcat. Kouga: Old River... sounds like cougar. :)

Chrono Trigger: Boost the Double and Triple Techs to make them more useful for the cost you pay to use them. There are a few that are ok, but most, especially the Triple Techs, are simply a waste of MP, as they are only as good as, or even not as good as, the Single Techs.
What he said but for Chrono Cross. Also MORE Double/Triple Techs, there were like, three, in the whole game. There are 45 playable characters for God's sake! 45 isn't enough, make Dario a playable character. Also, I don't like losing Lynx and Harle. Give them back. Make Guile's Magus story canon.

Dissida Duodecim

-More assist characters and I do mean assist. Look at Aerith for example. Though an assist, she wasn't a playable character in the game. Well, why was she the only assist of her kind? I would have milked the assist system. Add some fan favorites or something! Vivi, Brother, Snow, SEYMOUR!
-Improved World Map system. Towns and even NPC's of Cosmos' and Chaos' realm, put some shops, even include Chocobo's.
-Better designed manikins. Why just a bland-color version of characters we get to play as? How about NPC-enemies from previous games that had similar abilities to the heroes (SOLDIER 3rd-1st, Dark Knight, Judges, Elves, Viera, Black Waltz)? How about robots? How about manikins that have combined abilities?
-At least Squall and Seifer are rivals. That would add so much more to Squall's story. He could be an assist!

Loony BoB
11-07-2012, 10:45 PM
When I said 'date', I didn't mean 'time', I meant the date that you can take another character on at Gold Saucer.

Mercen-X
11-09-2012, 12:00 AM
So then, we are able to "alter the 'date event' outcome..." :tongue:

Forsaken Lover
12-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Xenogears:

-Just complete the whole story. That's all I want.

Xenosaga Episode 1:

-More battle themes
-More dungeon themes
-Use Xenosaga IIII Mech combat instead of AGWs

Greatermaximus
12-26-2012, 03:13 AM
Difficulty level for any game.

Able to hold ample characters in formations in RPGs.

Any kind of variable gameplay I suppose.

The list does have a limit though.

DownDiagonalLeftA
12-26-2012, 08:13 AM
Chrono Trigger:

Uhh...would be pretty cool if my copy cooked me breakfast or something.

Pete for President
01-07-2013, 10:33 AM
I thought long and hard about this, but here's how I would tweak my precious Dark Souls and it's PvP:

Weapons 39041

Remove regular base damage for elemental weapons and replace it with scaling based on the elemental damage. The scaling part will become the regular damage stat. This way elemental weapons can no longer be exploited by level 1 darkwraiths or abused by players who dump stats into Vitality or other support stats.

Magic 39042

Make Wrath of the Gods, Darkmoon Blade, all Dark Sorceries and the Crystal Magic spells cost two attunement slots instead of 1. This also indirectly nerfs the Tin Crystal Catalyst.

Make the Vow of Silence miracle cost 1 attunement slot instead of 2.

The Silver Pendant should ricochet/bounce back the Dark Sorceries rather than just delay them, potentially damaging the caster.

Sorceries should have different casting animations so the sorcerer's opponent can recognize various spells. As it is now, once that catalyst goes into the air you have no idea what to expect. Should each (kind of) spell have it's own animation, one could recognize and react properly to avoid the almost out of proportion amount of damage sorceries can inflict.

Increase casting time of Dark Bead and reduce the base damage when fired. While the projectiles fly and spread out, they each increase in power up to the damage they do as they are now. This removes the 'shotgun' effect of this crazy OP spell.

Covenants 39044

Replace the +-10% level difference limit to invade as a Blade of the Darkmoon by being able to invade any Darkwraith from level 1 to your own level + 10%. Of course, the guiltier, the more hunted you'll be.

Let the Darkmoons be able to invade any non-hollow Darkwraith regardless whether they have beaten the boss or not. This is to counter those Darkwraiths who terrorize areas they have already beaten.

Introduce a Distorted Dragon Eye consumable item to invade Dragon-scale owning players much like Darkmoons/Darkwraiths, rather than rely solely on the duel system provided by the Dragon Eye. Distorted Eyes must be found/bought and are consumable, but can only be used when the player has the Dragon Head activated. Once the Dragon Torso stone is obtained, full-body dragons can invade without limit as long as they are in full-body dragon form.

Optional: give the Dragon Covenant a ring so they are summoned by Kalameet to defend the area leading up to him. These invasions take place after Gough has shot Kalameet in the host's world.

Bubba
01-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Remove Cait Sith

Dr. rydrum2112
01-07-2013, 05:44 PM
I would add a 4th character to battle party in FFX and Star Ocean 3. I would give FFX some really hard post-storyline content, that helped explain more backstory.