PDA

View Full Version : stealing the dark matter.

Jowy
11-04-2012, 05:58 AM
Is there anything actually confirming that this makes the final boss fight easier? I've done it on every playthrough with the exception of FFIV DS because Bahamut's a jerk and haven't noticed anything making it substantially less oriented around Rosa spamming heal spells every turn.

Yar
11-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Unless you're playing the DS version, it's useless.

I think in the DS version you use it to fight a super boss. But it doesn't affect Zeromus' Big Bang at all.

Jowy
11-04-2012, 09:05 PM
From what I've gathered it didn't affect the damage, just the frequency in which it was cast.

Yar
11-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Well Zeromus uses a very predictable attacking pattern... So I don't know!

Evastio
11-05-2012, 02:43 AM
Pokey is right about the DS version's Dark Matter being used to fight a superboss (Proto-Babil, a prototype of the Giant of Babil fought by using the Dark Matter on the Moai face on the moon after talking to it and triggering the item menu)

From what I've gathered it didn't affect the damage, just the frequency in which it was cast.
Were you able to find a noticeable difference between having and not having Dark Matter? Because if it is the frequency, that clears things up. I stole it in the GBA version and I didn't see a decrease in damage for Big Bang. I didn't really observe how frequently he casts it, but I did hear somewhere that he shakes before casting Big Bang, if that helps.