PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Tidus wear Aurochs clothes during the Luca tournament?

*Laurelindo*
11-04-2012, 04:28 PM
I always thought it looked kind of stupid when Tidus wore Abes clothes during the tournament in Luca.
I doubt it would take up massive memory space to change his suit for ten minutes, it would make the whole tournament look more professional and believable.
Having Tidus as an Abes player in an Aurochs team is like hiring a Dallas Stars player into Colorado Avalanche but still letting that player go dressed as a Dallas player.

Yeah I know it isn't a big deal, but I just found it kind of... unnecessary.
The Blitzball mini-game doesn't matter too much since it isn't connected to the storyline, but he could've at least worn Aurochs clothes during the storyline tournament, it wouldn't exactly hurt.

Red Mage Coffman
11-04-2012, 10:13 PM
They probably didn't think to much on it. A little lazy, yeah. Its kinda like how Tidus in 10-2, when you unlocked him for use in Blitzball, his name was "Star Player." They couldn't name him Tidus? I mean, why not? Then again, they never actually say his name in 10 or 10-2. 10 cause the player was able to change the name. As for 10-2, I have no clue. It would've been harmless. Sorry for straying away from the original point, but yeah. Just a little laziness and absence of thought. Then again it might've been for other mind-blowing reasons... Who knows lol?

Pete for President
11-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Maybe the Aurochs are so poor they don't have extra costumes. Besides, Tidus was already dressed in yellow and I doubt anyone in Spira knows what the Abes' costume looks like.

Jiro
11-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Uniforms seem to be a choice rather than enforced policy; none of the other free agents change clothes when they are hired, and even when players switch teams. I'd say it was a laziness thing more than anything, and Tidus' outfit is apart of his character. It shows his otherworldly status.

blackmage_nuke
11-07-2012, 12:13 PM
If anything they should all be wearing hydrodynamic speedos instead of big bulky walking around clothes., unless thats to keep them underwater since the air in thier lungs would make them float up, but even so some metal weights, possibly in the shape of flippers would be better.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Tidus really misses his home, so I like to think of it as his way of representing the Zanarkand Abes, showing this Spira his pride and what he's made of.

This, of course, isn't canon.

FFIX Choco Boy
11-08-2012, 05:11 PM
He just likes his oh-so-fashionable one-legged lederhosen.

Old Manus
11-08-2012, 10:37 PM
They don't play sports in Japan so the developers probably just took a vague guess at how they do these things

*Laurelindo*
11-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Yeah, well it isn't really something that affects the plot itself (one can always pretend that Tidus wears the Aurochs uniform), and I guess it makes things more convenient since the developers didn't need to mess around with changing uniforms on everyone who got recruited to another team during the Blitzball mini-game.

black orb
11-11-2012, 07:26 AM
>>> Because he would look like this (http://blackorb00.deviantart.com/art/Besaid-Aurochs-alt-costume-208097602) :erm:..:luca:

Laddy
11-11-2012, 05:42 PM
:stare:

FFIX Choco Boy
11-11-2012, 06:02 PM
*shivers*

*Laurelindo*
11-17-2012, 02:21 AM
>>> Because he would look like this (http://blackorb00.deviantart.com/art/Besaid-Aurochs-alt-costume-208097602) :erm:..:luca:He still has the Zanarkand Abes logo on him, though. :D