PDA

View Full Version : So I rewatched Advent Children...

Gregor
11-04-2012, 09:13 PM
I own the blu-ray, and I just always seem confused...
Kadaj, Loz, Yazoo.. Larva forms of Sephiroth.. is it possible the black hooded figures with numbers on their hands from FFVII... are they also larva forms? Or just sephiroth "Clones" I have always been confused... I know Kadaj and the gang apparently originated in the Northern Cave as the Turks went down inside the crater.. Kadaj and them had no mention of "Numbers" on them... But it is kind of a loop hole on how they came to be isn't it? Unless it flew over my head.. I am just confused.

Red Mage Coffman
11-04-2012, 10:18 PM
This is just a tiny theory my friends and I threw together, whether its true, I have no clue. If you've played Crisis Core, near the end of the game, two Soldiers come and pick up Genesis, muttering some random crap that has slipped my mind. We always thought that Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo were Genesis, and those other two soldiers. We don't know for sure though. It was just a thought.

Edge7
11-05-2012, 03:15 AM
Supposedly Sephiroth was able to make avatars out of his different personality traits; Loz is his masculinity, Yazoo is his enigmatic nature, and Kadaj is his inner child.

...but that's just silly :roll2

Jiro
11-05-2012, 06:49 AM
Advent Children (Complete) fails to explain it properly at all. There's a novel (Final Fantasy VII Lateral Biography Turks -The Kids Are Alright-) which sheds some light on Kadaj's origins. He was apparently "born in a pond of blackened water near Nibelheim" and becomes a Sephiroth Remnant - equivalent, as far as I can tell, to the other Sephiroth clones - and then there's this bit: "only to end up diving into the Lifestream (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Lifestream) and dissolving after Evan kicks a still-living remain of Jenova into it." Yeah. Take that as you will.

Red Mage Coffman
11-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Why is Advent Children so... *facepalm*

Pixel
11-05-2012, 08:40 PM
This is just a tiny theory my friends and I threw together, whether its true, I have no clue. If you've played Crisis Core, near the end of the game, two Soldiers come and pick up Genesis, muttering some random crap that has slipped my mind. We always thought that Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo were Genesis, and those other two soldiers. We don't know for sure though. It was just a thought.
Those 2 soldiers are Weiss and Nero from Dirge of Cerberus.

The remnants are explained a bit in Case of Lifestream, and a bit further in Lateral Biography
Case of Lifestream - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWDuJROATBo)

The remnants are more like the way Jenova conjured Sephiroth in FF7. Originally it was just Kadaj, but he wasn't enough, so Loz and Yazoo were created.

Mirage
11-05-2012, 10:31 PM
It is pretty bad when you need a book to make any sense at all out of what was a movie to begin with.

silentenigma
11-06-2012, 03:16 AM
....but this is what happens whenever Nomura directs anything.

VeloZer0
11-06-2012, 04:19 AM
But the fights were so pretty.

Bolivar
11-07-2012, 05:56 AM
^ yeah. As a meaningful addition to the lore of Final Fantasy VII, it was a failure, but it was really fun to watch.

Mercen-X
11-13-2012, 01:55 AM
Should never have pretended they came from anywhere. Would have made more sense that way.

CimminyCricket
11-13-2012, 03:28 AM
Right? I feel like explaining where they came from took away from the sense making mystery about them.

Mercen-X
11-13-2012, 05:31 AM
I don't think Kazoo and Lozer should have died self-destructing, I think they should have been two more Sephiroths. Could you imagine Cloud trying to take on three Sephiroths? That would have been great. I also think it would have made his V5/V6 Omnislash relevant to the battle as it would allow him to dart back and forth attacking them to the outside and drawing them in to attack them from the outside. It looks cool in my head but I don't think I'm describing it well.

Sephiroth
12-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Cloud could not take on three Sephiroth because they were all connected to the one Sephiroth in the lifestream. He lived inside of their newly formed personality and also waited in the lifestream. Sephiroth can control more than one body at the same time but it would never be shown that he controls three identical bodies with one and the same will and his original power in all bodies. He is too powerful already and that would be a joke.
The Remnants were three guys who already died and who Sephiroth found while darkening the lifestream and forcing souls to hate. He used those three since he did not know what he looked like before and formed them with the Geostigma. So they were directly connected to Sephiroth himself and new that somehow they were connected to JENOVA and that Sephiroth would return with them reuniting but they did not know that they actually were Sephiroth himself since they had another personality which was also the reason why "they were him and they were not him" was written. He just needed some people he could control to get back the memories about his own appearance. The larva concept is true, but they are not his clones and the Sephiroth you face in the end is the Sephiroth you face all the time. His original soul and will which waited for you all the time and so Vincent's explanation about the remnants becoming a new Sephiroth is not exactly what is meant since it is not a new one but the one and only who does not want to give up his soul and wants to return all the time.

To answer your questions about the Final Fantasy VII clones themselves: Yes, they were clones. The clones in Final Fantasy VII are just people who have cells of other beings injected. Angeal and Genesis clones really changed their appearance and got some of their abilities but they never became full Star Wars-like clones who really become like the original.

The only real character who can make a total replica of his body is Sephiroth himself. That is because of both his Mimic (Shapeshift, Voice, Speech) and his Reunion ability. And that clone body is never a clone cause it is not the original body but the mind inside of it is no copied but the real mind of Sephiroth. Of course we don't need to talk about "Is that even possible?" since Sephiroth is just written to be that powerful. It is all just a fairytale.

Shusuika
12-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Ugh, i rewatched the damned thing too, and i found myself ignoring the entire story the moment those gay-ass renmants appeared and Loz, the most manly out of the three, started crying and whimpering......

And yes, nothing is explained in the movie, like, where the hell did they got those bikes, or where did they get the money at all????
I can understand that they used "magic black goo" to make tight clothes appear on their bodies, when the Turks found them in the crater, but seriously.....the bikes and guns they own still confuse me XD

Sephiroth
12-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Ugh, i rewatched the damned thing too, and i found myself ignoring the entire story the moment those gay-ass renmants appeared and Loz, the most manly out of the three, started crying and whimpering......

And yes, nothing is explained in the movie, like, where the hell did they got those bikes, or where did they get the money at all????
I can understand that they used "magic black goo" to make tight clothes appear on their bodies, when the Turks found them in the crater, but seriously.....the bikes and guns they own still confuse me XD

That was also not really explained in the Ultimania since it is not relevant. They stole them and that's it.

And the black magic thing is just a part of their Geostigma and Dark Lifestream concept since Sephiroth darkened the lifestream. The Shadow Creepers were also summoned this way.

Shusuika
12-18-2012, 02:30 PM

That was also not really explained in the Ultimania since it is not relevant. They stole them and that's it.

And the black magic thing is just a part of their Geostigma and Dark Lifestream concept since Sephiroth darkened the lifestream. The Shadow Creepers were also summoned this way.

to me the whole geostigma thing is just like the black pest = lack of bathing and bacteria increase in the body resulted in degradation....only thing is its a black pest with brains :O

Sephiroth
12-18-2012, 03:28 PM
to me the whole geostigma thing is just like the black pest = lack of bathing and bacteria increase in the body resulted in degradation....only thing is its a black pest with brains :O

Well, it is a bit more than that. You should read On the Way to a Smile.

Shusuika
12-18-2012, 04:16 PM

I know it's more complex, and i don't understand half of it cuz i didnt played the other FF7 game releases prior to PSX nor the novels. Unless you know where i can read On the way to a smile without purchasing :P

Sephiroth
12-19-2012, 01:27 AM

I know it's more complex, and i don't understand half of it cuz i didnt played the other FF7 game releases prior to PSX nor the novels. Unless you know where i can read On the way to a smile without purchasing :P

I don't know which site can offer you a translation and how well the translation is but you should easily find one. I know some translations can be found in the internet. If I were you I would buy the novel itself. It is not really expensive.

Jiro
12-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Just click this link. Don't thank me, don't question it. Just click.
(http://home.eyesonff.com/content/2060-fan-dubbed-way-smile.html)