PDA

View Full Version : Chocobos

CimminyCricket
11-05-2012, 12:44 PM
If you could have a chocobo of any of the colours shown during the Chocobo Races (I suppose it is okay that they have the same usefulness as a gold) what colour would you choose?

I would have to go with either the purple or red. I really like both colours!

Red Mage Coffman
11-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Black, white, or yellow. Probably black more than the others though. For the Blackjack nickname.

Goldenboko
11-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Look at my name :monster:

Red Mage Coffman
11-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Totally forgot Golden. Crap. Oh well, who needs to walk on water/fly/win/do everything? I don't...

Gamblet
11-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Does not matter, all taste good. :quina:

FFIX Choco Boy
11-08-2012, 02:05 AM
I've always been partial to the two blues. They just look... I don't know... Sleek, to me.

Jiro
11-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Pink. Can you imagine the rage at losing to a pink Chocobo? Brilliant.

Shorty
11-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Black, and I would name him Shadow.

Gamblet
11-12-2012, 02:29 PM

Who said you are going to win with a pink chocobo? :doublecolbert:

Raistlin
11-12-2012, 05:49 PM
I would probably have to go with black myself, though I also like red.

Aerith's Knight
11-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Plucked, and I would call him Fried Chocobo.

Mercen-X
11-13-2012, 12:34 AM

Just as the materia in the game is not actually the representation of its color, neither does a true chocobo's colored feather affect its speed or other innate abilities. The color is just a convenient rep in the game but is applicable only as a title for a grade of chocobo (as pretty much all chocobos are supposed to be yellow anyway), so even a gold-colored chocobo could lose to a pink-color chocobo if it happened this pink-color chocobo was known as a Gold Chocobo... Have I hurt ye brain yet?

Shorty
11-13-2012, 12:36 AM
Don't listen to him. Pinks are sissies.

Gamblet
11-13-2012, 01:51 PM

Just as the materia in the game is not actually the representation of its color, neither does a true chocobo's colored feather affect its speed or other innate abilities. The color is just a convenient rep in the game but is applicable only as a title for a grade of chocobo (as pretty much all chocobos are supposed to be yellow anyway), so even a gold-colored chocobo could lose to a pink-color chocobo if it happened this pink-color chocobo was known as a Gold Chocobo... Have I hurt ye brain yet?

Pink chocobo was never supposed to be born....

Jiro
11-15-2012, 12:25 AM
My pink chocobo will fucking smoke all y'all

Chris
11-18-2012, 11:00 PM
http://roboawesome.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/chocobo.jpg

Gamblet
11-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Human chocobos!? I thought they were only a legend... :confused:

Jinx
11-19-2012, 02:00 PM
That guy has arms very reminiscent of PSX Cloud's arms...

James_Cub
12-22-2012, 07:02 PM
I know this is a bit off topic, but I'm having a hard time to understand the races..
I've won the special awards from Esther in the S Rank races, but I can't seem to get the materias. It's always another prize. Is this completely random and I should just keep playing or is there a way to control it?

By the way, I'd prefer a dark red (wine coloured) or black chocobo and I would name it ... I don't know what I would name it. Maybe Sherlock, cos I'm watching Elementary at the moment :)

Skyblade
12-23-2012, 07:32 PM
I know this is a bit off topic, but I'm having a hard time to understand the races..
I've won the special awards from Esther in the S Rank races, but I can't seem to get the materias. It's always another prize. Is this completely random and I should just keep playing or is there a way to control it?

By the way, I'd prefer a dark red (wine coloured) or black chocobo and I would name it ... I don't know what I would name it. Maybe Sherlock, cos I'm watching Elementary at the moment :)

Prizes are awarded randomly on the prize grid, and what you get then depends on the winning pair (which is you and a probably random enemy).

Also, you can only get yellow, blue, green, black, and gold chocobos.

Tigmafuzz
12-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Dark red chocobos would be awesome. Or a black one that shined purple in the sun (if you've ever seen a black dog or cat in the sun at the right angle, you know what I mean) or even a fucking neon pink chocobo. Or a chocobo that switch between black/purple/red/pink AT WILL. Oh man. It's a world full of magic, right? That shit could totally happen. Don't act like it wouldn't. They'd find a way.

Life always finds a way.

FFIX Choco Boy
12-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Camocobos...

Mercen-X
12-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Invisibo

Loony BoB
12-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Yellow, as my avatar is. If I had to pick something not of the normal chocobo colouring, it would probably be black.

Mercen-X
12-26-2012, 03:06 AM
Once you come back you never go black. Wait, that's not right.

James_Cub
12-28-2012, 11:34 AM

Prizes are awarded randomly on the prize grid, and what you get then depends on the winning pair (which is you and a probably random enemy).

Also, you can only get yellow, blue, green, black, and gold chocobos.

Thanks for that. I suppose I'll just have to go back there forever until I get what I want.
By the way, I realize I can only get chocobos of those colours, I was replying to the thread of what colour, other than normal colours, would you like your Chocobo to be.
Come to think of it, in 13- Lightining returns, it is said you will be able to somewhat change her appearance, maybe they could set up something like that for every future Final Fantasy, design your own character and design your own chocobo. That'd be so cool. Soul Calibur did it, I swear I spent more time designing characters than actually playing the game.

Sephex
12-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Red since it is my favorite color. Colour if you're British. Cloudo if you're Japanese Sephiroth.

Bubba
12-29-2012, 04:38 PM
I would like a chocobo that could change colours during a race... kind of like those horses in The Wizard of Oz.

It would really confuse the other racers.

Shorty
12-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Along the same lines... mood ring chocobo, yes/no?

CimminyCricket
01-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Yes

DrAssenov
01-09-2013, 02:01 AM
How about a SILVER chocobo!?

Or black. I really liked my black chocobo, back in the day. :P

Mercen-X
01-12-2013, 05:09 AM
Crowcobo!

design your own character and design your own chocobo. That'd be so cool. Soul Calibur did it, I swear I spent more time designing characters than actually playing the game.Yeah! Let's Mass Effect the :poo: out of FF! 'cause let's face it, we're not going to be given any real creative control over the design of a character who will be critical to the story.

I would like a chocobo that could change colours during a race... kind of like those horses in The Wizard of Oz.
"That's the Wark of a Different Colour you've heard tell about!"