PDA

View Full Version : Where do you save?

CimminyCricket
11-05-2012, 02:53 PM
In most of the Final Fantasies the slot in which you save your game file in has a corresponding character portrait when you view the file.

Is there a specific slot you'll save in to get a character portrait or are you like me and just save in the first slot?

Red Mage Coffman
11-05-2012, 03:24 PM
I just save in the first slot. I never really think to much on it.

noshowmillk
11-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Save in first slot I think...

Faris
11-05-2012, 03:53 PM
No, but I always use about 3-4 save slots because I know I'll miss something or want to see something again D:

Red Mage Coffman
11-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Such a good point. I appluad your thinking :D

Goldenboko
11-05-2012, 04:30 PM
I do a stack of two saves a lot of times in games I'll be sharing, in case one gets over-written.

Yar
11-05-2012, 05:36 PM
I rotate save slots. Save in slot 1 the first time, slot 2 the second, slot 1 the third, repeat. That way if I missed anything or screwed up tremendously I can back track and not lose too much... :D

Del Murder
11-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Psh, you people save? Wusses. I play every FF game in one sitting like a man.

Laddy
11-05-2012, 07:51 PM
I play ALL FF's in one sitting. What, bitches? :colbert:

Flying Mullet
11-05-2012, 07:59 PM
I save it in the first slot because that's where she likes it. :thumb:

Mercen-X
11-05-2012, 09:47 PM
In most of the Final Fantasies the slot in which you save your game file in has a corresponding character portrait when you view the file.

Is there a specific slot you'll save in to get a character portrait or are you like me and just save in the first slot?

Funny. I thought they only did that for the PlayStation games. VII: I used the first slot until I wanted branch-decision-saves and I also occasionally used the Sephiroth and Vincent saves.

Chrono Cross dictated the avatar based on the number of CC saves you'd already alotted on one card. So if you have saves on the card already from other games, you can't see all of the avatars. Sucks!

Formalhaut
11-05-2012, 10:32 PM
The first slot, like a normal person.

VeloZer0
11-05-2012, 11:44 PM
After the experience of sharing a copy of FF7 with my brother I got into the habit of having two copies of my game in case one got over written. Though I have tended back to being lazy nowadays.

SwordFox
11-06-2012, 12:11 AM
Since playing either FF Origins or FF Anthology (can't remember which now, I think it was Origins but I'm not sure) on the PS1 many years ago, I tend to create two saves in the first available slots, especially with big RPGs.

The reason being that when I was playing that game for the first time, as I was saving the game, there was a power cut. Had to start over. It then happened again. As I was saving. Twice in a row. Ggnskjgnakjgnakd.

So now I have two save files that I save to every time just in case a power cut happens while I'm saving.