PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIV Quick Patch for the Finale

Raistlin
11-06-2012, 04:04 AM

Despite none of this being saved and carried over to A Realm Reborn, Final Fantasy XIV 1.x, with less than a week left to its final days, underwent a quick maintenance today to tweak the current festivities. The following changes were made:

- The prayers of the adventurers have been heard by the twelve deities.
* Adventurers will now have a chance to receive a gift from the twelve deities upon resting at the inn.
* Adventurers will now receive a boon from the twelve deities when they pray for the safety of themselves or a fellow adventurer. Please be advised that the adventurers will experience the wrath of the twelve if they pray for the safety of an enemy.
- The strength of certain monsters that have unleashed their true potential has been toned down.
- As relief for adventurers facing enormous odds stacked against them, all items can now be repaired for 1 gil by the repair NPC.
- To assist the adventurers that are fatigued from the recent battles, adventurers will now be able to ride their mounts within the cities.
* Chocobos and goobbues can only be mounted when they feel excited in certain situations.
* The mounts will not let the adventurers go back and forth between the city and outside the city.

The changes seem to be based around making things a bit easier for players during this hectic time, as all civilization is under attack. But I don’t know what to think about chocobos being mountable when “they feel excited in certain situations.” Did anyone else’s mind go to straight to the gutter?

For those of you still playing, how are you enjoying FFXIV 1.x’s last days?

Source: FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/news/detail?newsId=3ae37103c0f10dbf24b6177283cf617b952aaee2)

Ouch!
11-06-2012, 04:20 AM
Well, given that our prayers being answered means that every time you wake up in the inn you're likely to wake up to find one of the relic weapons under your sheets, it's pretty awesome.

Aside from the fact that fighting any of the monsters in the area is pretty pointless, it's pretty cool to run around with the stardust rod I logged in with about ten minutes ago.

Axem Titanium
11-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Well, after about 30 log-in/log-out attempts, I've finally completed my set of 7 relics + Holy Shield (and a ton of fireworks). I'll be doing some fighting now finally :P

Raistlin
11-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Another, smaller round of updates: (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/57267-NA-All-Worlds-Maintenance-%28Nov.-7%29)

- Certain monsters in the Mor Dhona region, sensing the impending end of the world, will begin running away.
- The chocobo and goobbue mounts inside the city that are excited to a point of vanishing from thin air will calm down to a certain degree.

Below are updates related to events:

- Conditions for participating in “Bowl of Embers (Extreme)” will be relaxed.
* Players will now be able to participate if they have completed “Bowl of Embers (Hard).”

- Conditions for triggering “To Kill a Raven” will be relaxed.
* Players will now be able to receive the quest if they have a class that is level 45 or higher in either the Disciples of War or Disciples of Magic discipline.

- Conditions for triggering “Living on a Prayer” will be relaxed.
* Players will now be able to receive the quest if they belong to a grand company.

Axem Titanium
11-09-2012, 05:19 PM
The final event has been announced to take place in Mor Dhona, starting at 6AM GMT until 8AM. The 4th Live Letter will be broadcast starting at 10AM GMT.