PDA

View Full Version : The future is here and...um...eh...meh...

Flying Mullet
11-07-2012, 09:05 PM
The technical prowess of modern technology never ceases to amaze me.

I encountered this in Google Chrome today:

What technological advances have you encountered lately that left you scratching your head or were less than stellar?

Citizen Bleys
11-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Mayhap 'twas translated from Shakespearean English to modern English? What thinkest thou?

Formalhaut
11-07-2012, 10:19 PM
I am amazed with how battery technology has progressed. Several years ago, I would get say three hours with my laptop before it commits seppuku. Now, my new laptop has a battery life of an amazing three and a half hours! It's incredible.

Though sarcasm aside, battery life needs improving.

Quindiana Jones
11-07-2012, 10:26 PM
The problem with battery life is that technology does a lot more things now than it did before. Mobiles back in the day could last a fortnight before needing a charge, whereas smartphones are typically a one day affair.

Formalhaut
11-07-2012, 10:29 PM
I'm quite fortunate with my phone, it's a dumbphone and has almost no special features, it does calls, and texts, a basic calendar and calculator and other assorted things, and that's it. From a full charge, I can leave it for a week and still be on at least one bar.

Quindiana Jones
11-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Aye, I have one of the same. It was pretty refreshing going back to it from my smartphone. xD

Mercen-X
11-09-2012, 02:50 AM
The problem with battery life is that technology does a lot more things now than it did before. Mobiles back in the day could last a fortnight before needing a charge, whereas smartphones are typically a one day affair.t.r.u.t.h

I also hate rechargeable batteries. Having to charge them up 12-24 hours to get 2-3 hours of use out of them seems to defeat the purpose in my opinion.