PDA

View Full Version : Web Browser Wars.

Quindiana Jones
11-07-2012, 10:20 PM
I use Opera on my troutty netbook, because I thought it might be a little faster than Firefox. It isn't, but I still use it because it has all my things on it. When on a functioning computer, however, I use Firefox because it is jolly good. I once tried Chrome, but didn't really like it, though I have been thinking of returning for a second try.

Tell me yours, and let battle commence! The winner shall take home glory, and the loser shall be removed from all computers forever*! :mwahaha:

*I'm joking, but it would be nice to get rid of IE once and for all. :D

Laddy
11-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Firefox.

Shauna
11-07-2012, 10:24 PM
I use Firefox because it currently leaves me with the least amount of troubles.

Chrome was my previous browser of choice, but then it started crashing all over the place, not actually opening when I tried to open it and ugh. Decided that I was done with it.

Aulayna
11-07-2012, 10:35 PM
I use a combination of Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox at work for various things.

At home I'm still a Firefox girl at heart. I tried Chrome but it just didn't click with me and I also had issues with it crashing left right and center.

Although lately each new build of Firefox decides it hates Flash and I end up having to uninstall and reinstall Flash to get them to both co-operate again. Something probably goofed in my registry but I'm far too lazy to go hunting for it!

Jowy
11-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Chrome on my phone, work and home PC, Safari on my laptop.

krissy
11-07-2012, 10:43 PM
chrome

if your chrome is crashing, clear your chrome cache in the chrome options

Quindiana Jones
11-07-2012, 10:44 PM
But I like cache :(.

Formalhaut
11-07-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm a chrome man myself.

Heath
11-07-2012, 10:48 PM
I used Firefox for home and at work (it's either that or IE6). I've been tempted to give Chrome another try, but I've been using Firefox for that long, it has all my stuff on it, and so I'm happy to carry on using it.

Futan
11-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Used to use Opera but decided one day it's time for a change and switched to Chrome. XD Still love Opera but don't really use it for anything. :\

Araciel
11-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Lol FireFox.... 2005 wants its browser back.

CHROME

Sephex
11-07-2012, 11:03 PM
I use Firefox just because.

I can't stand IE, though I think their use of dubstep in their latest commercial is unintentionally hilarious.

Bunny
11-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Internet Explorer is the Supreme Browser.

All other browsers are for wimps and girls.

Formalhaut
11-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Internet Explorer is the Motorola of the internet browser industry; it's still around, but everyone laughs and kicks it in the spleen.

Agent Proto
11-07-2012, 11:35 PM
I use Firefox, but I'll also use Internet Explorer if I'm playing Mafia, as to not accidentally post using either account for Mafia/non-Mafia threads.

Shorty
11-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Internet Explorer all around. :colbert:

Bolivar
11-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Currently Chrome. It integrates nice with all my gmail/gdocs/gcal/gspot stuff plus I really like how you can type in a web addres, hit space, and start searching on that site right from the browser bar. Plus it only works with a few things, but wikipedia and amazon are pretty important things to work for.

I can't stand IE, though I think their use of dubstep in their latest commercial is unintentionally hilarious.

I really wish someone would make a youtube parody with that same song playing, and Internet Browser trying to load a simple web page at a painfully slow speed... I know, I'm creative.

Hollycat
11-08-2012, 01:34 AM
1 person is getting shanked.

You know, as soon as their browser loads the knife.
Might be a while.

Pike
11-08-2012, 01:47 AM
I use Firefox. It works better for me, has the better addons, and I don't like how Google is turning into the new Microsoft.

Chrome is for hipsters.

Citizen Bleys
11-08-2012, 03:45 AM
chrome

if your chrome is crashing, clear your chrome cache in the chrome options

DON'T FORGET TO TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK BY PRESSING THE CAPS LOCK KEY (http://thehighseas.bastardly.org/?p=58)

Raistlin
11-08-2012, 03:49 AM
Firefox. I could never be bothered to switch to Chrome while Firefox is working fine, and Firefox has better addons.

Madame Adequate
11-08-2012, 04:17 AM
Chrome. It's smoother than Firefox and generally works better, although MY KINGDOM FOR A BROWSER THAT DOESN'T DIE A THOUSAND RAM-RELATED DEATHS

Also Pike real hipsters use Charon or Midori or something.

Programming hipsters write their own.

Bunny
11-08-2012, 04:19 AM

I was actually lying. IE is horrible and you should feel bad about using it.

I use Chrome.

Thanks for the rep though!

NorthernChaosGod
11-08-2012, 04:55 AM
Firefox for life. It totally has better addons and I love all of my addons.

Jiro
11-08-2012, 06:27 AM
I used Firefox for home and at work (it's either that or IE6). I've been tempted to give Chrome another try, but I've been using Firefox for that long, it has all my stuff on it, and so I'm happy to you carry on using it.

Iceglow
11-08-2012, 08:01 PM
I use chrome mostly though at work I have to use both chrome and internet explorer. It's annoying most of our applications only work on IE and won't allow me to tab them in to one browser window because of how old the version of IE is. I'd like for them to allow me to run all my programs in one or two windows instead of like 10 especially since the pc's at work suck and slow down so much. I do use IE if I need a backup browser though mostly because if it doesn't work in Chrome but works in IE it's definitely something I can fix.

Baloki
11-08-2012, 09:46 PM
I surf using the power of the mind, namely the mind of a rabbit ^_^

Shoeberto
11-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Chrome phones home more than I'm comfortable with. I also much prefer community-based FOSS. So Firefox.

Chrome does have a darn slick interface though.

~*~Celes~*~
11-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Firefox! I forget when I even started using it, but I love it.

Shorty
11-08-2012, 11:47 PM

I was actually lying. IE is horrible and you should feel bad about using it.

I use Chrome.

Thanks for the rep though!

And here I thought we were on the same side! I don't feel about about using it because I see nothing wrong with it, silly.

Freya
11-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Chrome. It's sleeker, smoother and faster. I don't know what you lot mean about addons because I have similar addons I had in Firefox and then some. Plus it looks better and is less cluttered. It's also a sandbox browser and I heard those are harder to infect you with stuff. Dunno about that part though.