PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning

Pumpkin
11-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Do you clean a lot? Do you enjoy cleaning? Are you a neat freak? Do you yell at other people to clean for you?

I don't mind cleaning. It depends what it is and what kind of mood I'm in I guess. What I don't like is when I finish cleaning and then cook or bake and I have to re-clean everything I just finished cleaning.

Daily:
Dishes, counter, stove, table, sweep, pick up things laying around and put them away
Sunday:
Laundry, toaster oven, coffee maker, microwave
Monday:
Bathroom toilet, sink, mirror, and shower, mop, reorganize the shelves and drawers if needed
Tuesday:
Dust, clean the washer and dryer
Wednesday:
Laundry: work clothes, towels, bed sheets and blankets, windows
Thursday:
Bathroom toilet, sink and mirror, wash and/or dust cupboards, drawers and shelves
Friday:
Mop, clean burners, clean oven, furniture (under cushions, etc)
Saturday:
Dust, and clean, organize, sort fridge

~*~Celes~*~
11-08-2012, 07:47 PM
I love cleaning, but I cba when everything i do gets trashed 5 minutes later by an adult who refuses to clean up after himself and tries to get me and my husband to do it for him

Chris
11-08-2012, 07:47 PM
If I were to make a nifty little list of duties like yours, my head would explode and I would be all sad for missing out on four more years.

That being said, I was forced, aggressively, from an early age on, to quite literally pick up my own slacks.

Red Mage Coffman
11-08-2012, 07:50 PM
I hate cleaning... It requires so much... effort. However when I do get into the spirit of cleaning I always clean WAY to much and usually end up rearranging in the room till it looks perfect.

Iceglow
11-08-2012, 07:54 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate cleaning but I can think of more enjoyable pastimes, though I dislike my room or house being dirty or messy so I will clean regularly.

Futan
11-08-2012, 08:16 PM
I clean up after myself but rarely get into cleaning moods. Usually only when I'm bored as fuck and can't think of anything better to do. Like lately. :/ Like Coffman, when I do get into cleaning, I'll clean up way too much and usually throw out/prepare to sell half my possessions. Lol.

Shorty
11-08-2012, 11:50 PM
I hate cleaning and it is the worst.

shion, your list is nuts! I just kindof do things as they need to be done. Or not. I'd rather take a nap. It'll get done when it gets done.

Zeldy
11-09-2012, 12:05 AM
Sometimes I have epic cleaning moods, but they're pretty rare. But when I do, man, I clean.

My rooms a permanent mess, though, but that's inherited of my mum. I'm still yet to unpack and I've lived here since September.

Jiro
11-09-2012, 01:11 AM
I am a binge cleaner.

Pike
11-09-2012, 01:30 AM
Do you clean a lot?

Nope

Do you enjoy cleaning?

Nope

Are you a neat freak?

Nope

Do you yell at other people to clean for you?

Nope

Pumpkin
11-09-2012, 02:13 AM
I hate cleaning and it is the worst.

shion, your list is nuts!

Yeah, I spend a large portion of the day cleaning.

Flaming Ice
11-09-2012, 02:22 AM
Don't mind cleaning...especially at work .....that "chef" would probably run away ten feet if I used that word around him......:(

Mercen-X
11-09-2012, 02:37 AM
No OCD. Like clean. Lazy. Sometimes show initiative. Seeing dirt return in minutes very discouraging. Damn you, Gojira!

Shlup
11-09-2012, 02:44 AM
I go through cleaning spurts, but I mostly dislike it. In this household, I bring home the bacon and my husband does the cooking and cleaning. At least right now that's how it is; last year it was the opposite. We like to mix things up every year or so.

fire_of_avalon
11-09-2012, 02:45 AM
Sometimes I clean. Sometimes my laundry isn't put away for like a month.

Peegee
11-10-2012, 01:25 AM
wait.

how can you NOT like clean things??

Fujiko
11-10-2012, 03:07 AM
I just kindof do things as they need to be done.

^What Shorty said. I don't plan it like you do either, Shion, and just do things when they need to be done and as I see fit. I don't have specific days of the week for specific things to be done when it comes to cleaning. It's like cooking; I measure by eye and don't bother with much specifics most of the time. I do however keep a clean place overall and I don't keep dishes in the sink for too long etc, etc. I like being clean and keeping my place clean, and I am/do, but I'm not a neat freak. :)

Denmark
11-10-2012, 10:33 PM
cleaning is horrendously tedious and so I spend my time doing more interesting things

Night Fury
11-10-2012, 10:37 PM
I don't like clutter in my bedroom so I get that tidied away, and the only other room I'm really bothered about being clean at all times is my kitchen, because I make food in there.

I do like a clean house though, I can relax more when it's tidy and clutter free.

CimminyCricket
11-11-2012, 01:23 AM
I clean my house about once a week. That works out because Jasmin and i are generally really good about cleaning up after ourselves.

Rye
11-11-2012, 11:35 PM
Wow, that's a lot of cleaning!

I don't clean as often as I'd like, but I do try to dust and tidy up a few times a week. I am very good about my laundry, though!

Sephex
11-12-2012, 03:54 AM
I am probably the worst house keeper in this forum. Now, I don't do anything gross like leave dirty dishes everywhere, but my apartment is very disorganized. Half my problem is laziness while the other half is fate, Mr. Bond lack of time due to other activities and commitment.

Aulayna
11-12-2012, 10:32 PM
I'm not a big cleaner but I generally like things to look fairly neat and tidy. Well at least living areas.

My bedroom rotates from being a dump one month to spotless the next month. Usually depends on what sort of mood I'm in!

Raistlin
11-12-2012, 11:35 PM
I'm with Pike on this. Cleaning is a terrible chore.

Shiny
11-13-2012, 12:47 AM
I clean my bedroom, office, and the upstairs bathroom, but I will damn if I will clean the whole house. Occasionally I will do other people's laundry if I have a light load. That's about the gist of my cleaning. My closets and drawers are all organized in a way that makes sense to me, but neatly folded.

I'd say I'm a neutral cleaner -- not really a neat freak, but definitely not a slob either. I also go through periods of not really feeling in the mood to clean so clothes get thrown on a chair in a giant pile until I feel like putting them away.

Laddy
11-13-2012, 02:24 AM
My room's no a mess; it's organized chaos. :stare: