PDA

View Full Version : Collections

Shlup
11-09-2012, 02:48 AM
I love collecting things. What do you collect?

I collect figures of cartoon characters, spoons, magnets, Christmas ornaments, strawberry things, Disney tradable pins, buttons, foreign money, aesthetically appealing books, cookie cutters, and kitsch wall plates.

Here's a couple pics of my Disney pins, and it's got a couple of my knick knack shelves:

CimminyCricket
11-09-2012, 02:53 AM
Of all of those pins the first I noticed was the rebel insignia topped with Mickey ears. I want one, where do I get one?

Also I collect Star Wars shirts, Magic cards, knives, and a random assortment of useless items from my childhood.

I use to collect stickers, marbles, Pokemon and YuGiOh cards, and keys.

Futan
11-09-2012, 03:34 AM
Dust.

Shlup
11-09-2012, 04:14 AM
Of all of those pins the first I noticed was the rebel insignia topped with Mickey ears. I want one, where do I get one?
Disneyland. Or eBay (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=disney+rebel+alliance+pin&_sacat=0&_from=R40).

~*~Celes~*~
11-09-2012, 04:42 AM
I'm trying to collect more sailor moon things and all the colors of yoshi plushies. And for my son, Andrew and I are working on getting a bunch of books we read (and loved) as kids so that he can be awesomely nerdy like us.

Shorty
11-09-2012, 07:10 AM
I collect varied copies of Alice in Wonderland. I don't have a terribly large collection yet, but I'm getting there and some of the copies I've found are absolute gems.

Kirobaito
11-09-2012, 08:29 AM
I have a rare one of those pins (I think), the kind you get if you play in a marching band at Disneyworld. I have no idea where it is at home.

I collect shooter glasses even though I don't drink. I also collect vinyl records, but that's mainly to lure unsuspecting hipster girls into my home.

Jiro
11-09-2012, 09:10 AM
I collect random stuff.

Chris
11-09-2012, 12:29 PM
I collect Cass Daley memorabilia, and here are two signed photos from my collection:

http://i49.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/rjocww.png

Shoeberto
11-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Games on Steam and GOG?

I've been trying hard not to hold on to too much physical stuff recently. Too much clutter makes it hard to move lightly. I thought I was doing pretty well about it but even my most recent move was a total bitch.

Night Fury
11-09-2012, 03:49 PM
I have a lot of nail varnishes, I love when new collections come out so I guess I'm a collector of those...

I also have recently found a fondness for vintage costumey rings. I have some lovely ones that are like something from the set of Game of Thrones which I love :jess:

I also seem to collect magazines, well maybe not collect but hoard. As a journalism student I like to read features in women's magazines for my own research, and I like the fashion pages. I'm in the middle of making a massive collage of fashion pictures from magazines I've hoarded...

Red Mage Coffman
11-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Final Fantasy games, Pokemon games, Yu-Gi-Oh cards, Systems, Mario Party games, Jackets. Oh! I forgot to mention My Little Pony stuff. Yeah, MLP stuff.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-09-2012, 04:00 PM
I've wound up with many video game systems.

Probably also tools and cars, because, who am I kidding?

Balzac
11-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Todd McFarleane figures, I have a massive collection of Spawn figures. And comics.

Peegee
11-09-2012, 09:19 PM
I guess the only thing I have a collection of is adult material.

Other than that....um...facebook friends? video game achievements?

I don't really have a 'gotta catch em all' mentality. Is it fun? when does it end?

Jiro
11-09-2012, 11:14 PM
I also seem to collect magazines, well maybe not collect but hoard. As a journalism student I like to read features in women's magazines for my own research, and I like the fashion pages. I'm in the middle of making a massive collage of fashion pictures from magazines I've hoarded...

I've got a crapload of newspapers lying around. All of the ones from my time in the US at the Branding Iron and then a random assortment of others. It's just, ugh. Newspaper is handy at times though.

Raistlin
11-09-2012, 11:17 PM
Money. Just not successfully.

I also collect Civil War era weapons and paraphernalia. I have two guns and two swords.