PDA

View Full Version : A Final Fantasy sports series.

AntJR
11-09-2012, 06:27 AM
How about if there were a Final Fantasy spin-off series that revolves around sports. Are you familiar with the concept of fantasy sports(fantasy football for example), while it wouldn't follow that concept literally it'd follow the name of it. One that has the same or similar gameplay and mechanics of Blitzball from Final Fantasy 10(that's includes all status ailments that come with it), except rather than the sports being fantasy based like Blitzball, they're real-life sports(football, soccer, baseball etc.).

It wouldn't be a game with a collection of existing Final Fantasy characters(like the Dissidia series) but instead it'd have completely new athletic characters with the design style of Final Fantasy.

What would your thoughts be. on a game/series like that? :)

ShinGundam
11-09-2012, 07:45 AM
Final National Football League by Hiroyuki Ito.

Red Mage Coffman
11-09-2012, 03:09 PM
I do like the idea. To some extent. I'd like to see Blitzball and other sportlike mini games from the series, like Snow Boarding and Chocobo Racing, just beefed up a little more. I think adding in regular sports like Football or Baseball wouldn't be that bad either. Just throw in some interesting fantasy elements to make it fun.

As for the characters... I'd love to see characters from the series. I mean, that, to me, would be the ultimate charm. Being able to make a sports team using a bunch of series characters. They'd all have their own individual special abilities, stat specialties, and so on. I think adding in new characters wouldn't be bad, just making some for this game especially. Also, just thought of this, but what about a character creation system as well? I think that'd be cool :D

To end... I think it'd be a pretty cool idea. If it was done right.

Formalhaut
11-09-2012, 04:40 PM
This reminds me almost like that mario football game.. what was it called?

Mario Strikers Charged! That's it. I suppose, I mean, we have got the Nintendo equivalent of Dissidia, in Super Smash Bros. We have got a rhythm game, so I suppose sports is the next logical step to a compilation game.

AntJR
11-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Final National Football League by Hiroyuki Ito.

FNFL, Nice! lol :D

AntJR
11-09-2012, 07:19 PM
I do like the idea. To some extent. I'd like to see Blitzball and other sportlike mini games from the series, like Snow Boarding and Chocobo Racing, just beefed up a little more. I think adding in regular sports like Football or Baseball wouldn't be that bad either. Just throw in some interesting fantasy elements to make it fun.

As for the characters... I'd love to see characters from the series. I mean, that, to me, would be the ultimate charm. Being able to make a sports team using a bunch of series characters. They'd all have their own individual special abilities, stat specialties, and so on. I think adding in new characters wouldn't be bad, just making some for this game especially. Also, just thought of this, but what about a character creation system as well? I think that'd be cool :D

To end... I think it'd be a pretty cool idea. If it was done right.

Hmm, a mix if both sports featured in FF along with the sports e play in real life, that would make a good mix.In Blitzball, Chobo Racing, and the snowboarding from FF7, all characters weren't included in those, so making this game more like Dissidia, with new characters to the series AND a character creation system on top of that would make it a funner game, I agree :)

I was thinking though, that the game could have its own Story Mode, but with a new characters as the hero, and the characters from other games could be support members :D

AntJR
11-09-2012, 07:20 PM
This reminds me almost like that mario football game.. what was it called?

Mario Strikers Charged!

It kinda does, doesn't it? :D

Bolivar
11-09-2012, 11:57 PM
I think a huge mini-game, sport-based FF would be amazing!

Also give it a procedurally generating neverending dungeon, please.

AntJR
11-10-2012, 03:47 AM
I think a huge mini-game, sport-based FF would be amazing!

Also give it a procedurally generating neverending dungeon, please.

Hmm, a neverending dungeon would be interesting with it :)

SuperMillionaire
11-30-2012, 04:58 PM
A Final Fantasy sports game would certainly be a nice idea.