PDA

View Full Version : Matsuno Leaves Level-5 for "secret" Project

Bolivar
11-10-2012, 12:54 AM
Vagrant Story creator Matsuno leaves Level-5 | Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/08/vagrant-story-creator-matsuno-leaves-level-5/)

So he finished his game that's appearing on the 3DS compilation Level-5 has coming out, which should be cool, but has now left to "recharge" for his next project.

So what do you think it is? Ogre Battle Episode III? Final Fantasy XV!? Or... *gasp* something new???

Slothy
11-10-2012, 12:56 AM
Please god something new. Actually, screw it, new or old, it doesn't matter. Someone throw piles of money at that man and let him do whatever he wants.

ShinGundam
11-10-2012, 05:08 AM
I bet he will work on a GREE card game.

Wolf Kanno
11-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Unless he's teaming up with Squenix, he'll most likely not be working on any sequels from his heyday. I do remember a long time ago reading that the Tactics team, after finishing War of the Lions port, wanted to do a similar quasi-remake port of Vagrant Story. Since Matsuno was brought back for Tactics Ogre, maybe he was asked to step in for that.

I doubt he'll be asked to do another numbered FF entry, though continuing on Tactics Ogre/Ogre Battle is not too far fetched. He's most likely working on something original but I'm curious to see which company he's teaming up with.

ShinGundam
11-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Unless he's teaming up with Squenix, he'll most likely not be working on any sequels from his heyday. I do remember a long time ago reading that the Tactics team, after finishing War of the Lions port, wanted to do a similar quasi-remake port of Vagrant Story. Since Matsuno was brought back for Tactics Ogre, maybe he was asked to step in for that.
Based on twitter comments, he doesn't seem to be enthusiastic about revisiting his games unlike Minagawa.

Wolf Kanno
11-13-2012, 09:07 PM
I am honestly fine with that, I would rather hear him be happy making games he wants rather than watch him get chained to his past successes.

Bolivar
11-14-2012, 12:29 AM
Based on twitter comments, he doesn't seem to be enthusiastic about revisiting his games unlike Minagawa.

Which twitter comments were those? I'm curious because they were all pretty hyped about Tactics Ogre, talking it up as this bizarre project that was somewhere in between a remake and a reimagining.