PDA

View Full Version : FF Zombies

Mercen-X
11-12-2012, 03:57 AM
Inspired by Formalhaut's Zombie outbreak thread, but more like Marvel Zombies.

Determine which FF characters would survive, which would become zombies, whom among the survivors would be best suited to end the apocalypse, and who among the zombies may regain a semblance of themselves even if they do become evil. Bear in mind, these zombies will not play by the rules of the standard FF zombie, so even characters with fire or magic in general will not be at an advantage.

Red Mage Coffman
11-12-2012, 11:16 PM
I think WoL would contract and spread it. He'd be the main zombie. I have this feeling Cloud, Squall, Tidus, and Lightning will be pegged as survivors. Though I'd smile in glee seeing Squall and Tidus getting mauled. I think Laguna and Edgar would team up, Machine Gun and Tool Command, hello. Wakka with his Blitzball of Petrification would last a while. Steiner would be killed and it'd be hilarious. Vivi would mess some zombies up. Sephiroth won't EVER be a zombie. Kidding, he will... And for the rest, I dunno.

Mercen-X
11-13-2012, 06:23 AM
I can see Queen Brahne and her drones turning zombie. Maybe the Black Waltzes would try to help fight off the infection. Obviously, anybody from VIII would have the most experience with "being zombies". Rinoa would probably somehow be immune. Maybe all sorceresses are. Magitech suits would have to be one of the more useful wepons in this situation. Also machina. Would Sephiroth or Genesis be able to outnumber the zombies with their clones, I wonder?

Formalhaut
11-14-2012, 12:17 AM
Nice to see my thread got some use out of it, it's dead as a doornail so far.. :|

I think really we have to agree that all of the ditsy, quirky characters will die sooner rather than later. I'm talking about Vanille, Rikku, Yuffie and Selphie. As per horror movies, the girly girl will always get gruesomely ripped to shreds.

Also, I think Cait Sith should be the first carrier of the zombie infection. Just gives the reader an excuse to hate him more.

Forsaken Lover
11-14-2012, 01:04 AM
Hojo will be delighted to test out zombie breeding.

Spira will be an interesting place after the outbreak. Two if its main leaders are already technically dead after all. They're not zombies in the strictest sense though.

The various Cids will doubtlessly be the ones who save everyone. They take the survivors to the air in their ships and keep them away from the infected below.

Dr. Cid might have a most expedient solution to zombie outbreaks in Ivalice - nuke 'em all.

Del Murder
12-17-2012, 06:26 AM
If Quina becomes a zombie...watch out. Fortunately, I don't think you become a zombie by eating them. Has to be the other way around.

Mercen-X
12-21-2012, 03:29 AM
I wonder if Quina would be somehow immune.

Laddy
12-21-2012, 04:54 AM
Pretty much all FF characters have killed tons of zombies, so I wouldn't be too worried.

Though I kinda want Tidus to get infected. It would give us an excuse to kill him. :)

Mercen-X
12-21-2012, 05:14 AM
It would give us an excuse to say "he's infected." lol

Skyblade
12-21-2012, 05:49 AM
The Ivalice teams always had a really good relationship with the shopkeepers, in my mind, so I think they'd do the best.

Key to surviving the zombie apocalypse: Know the guy with an infinite supply of Phoenix Down.

Formalhaut
12-21-2012, 02:10 PM
The Ivalice teams always had a really good relationship with the shopkeepers, in my mind, so I think they'd do the best.

Key to surviving the zombie apocalypse: Know the guy with an infinite supply of Phoenix Down.

Maybe one of the Bazaar goods is the antidote for the disease?

Del Murder
12-24-2012, 07:00 PM
Pretty much all FF characters have killed tons of zombies, so I wouldn't be too worried.

Though I kinda want Tidus to get infected. It would give us an excuse to kill him. :)
Bartz: You just killed Zombie Tidus!
Squall: He was a zombie?

Karifean
12-25-2012, 10:41 PM

Bartz: You just killed Zombie Tidus!
Squall: He was a zombie?

I like Tidus and I still had to laugh pretty hard at that reference.

NeoCracker
01-03-2013, 10:56 AM
Sabin may last for a while. He does have his magic monk powers, and is able to fend off creatures from a good distance with abilities like Aura Bolt, and he'd be good at keeping himself from being bitten even at close range. Pair that with his speedy climbing abilities, he would be a hard one to take down.

Edward would be fairly well off as well, having a variety of things to fight at a variety of ranges, though his lack of physical prowess next to Sabin might hinder him if Zombies get to close.

Mage focused people may have a hard time, as when their magic is out, or if they get surprised, they are pretty much done for, and they couldn't escape as easily as the likes of Sabin.

For that reason, Amarant would probably be in good shape. As would Zidane and Freya. The rest of the FF IX cast may not be so lucky. Being mages or simply to slow.

Oddly, I think the only real likely survivor of VII's crew is Cait Sith. He can simply remain at a distance, and will already be well out of harms way if his bot gets destroyed. Really, it depends on how many spares he has floating around.

So, in short, my list of Most Likely survivors:
Sabin, Edward, Cait Sith, Zidane, Amarant, Freya

Formalhaut
01-04-2013, 12:26 AM
Also, anyone with airships are probably fine too!

Skyblade
01-04-2013, 01:09 AM
Tidus's Caladbolg gives him Evade & Counter, which basically makes him immune to zombies.

Strikeback and Reflex do much the same thing for the Tactics crew.

Auto reactions that negate basic attacks just cripple zombie effectiveness.