PDA

View Full Version : Kind people in Multiplayer

Pete for President
11-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Inspired by Pike's thread (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/146502-jerks-multiplayer.html), share stories about kind people you've met in on-line games.

I once invaded a guy in Dark Souls who was obviously not up for fighting so we just bowed and danced around a bit. I gave him some Dragon Scales. He gave me a Titanite Slab (the rarest of things for the highest weapon upgrade). Then we waved and I left, hurray for no violence.

There are also some messages in my PSN inbox saying 'thank you' after co-op action with strangers. That's always nice. :greenie:

Now you go.

Laddy
11-12-2012, 05:46 PM
My TF2 name is Teddy Roosevelt and I start every game with "Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick," which made me well-known around some servers.

As a result, people will just be really friendly when they see me around. :)

Futan
11-12-2012, 07:51 PM
When I first started XI, there was a JP player giving out armor to all the newbies. It was partly awesome, and partly disturbing. When I put on the armor, I realized he gave me bronze panties...

But XI had a lot of nice people and I don't have the time now to come up with them all. I'll edit this when I'm not in work with more.

Aulayna
11-12-2012, 08:40 PM
I met a very courteous soul on LoL the other day who rather than freak out when someone f'ed up instead just remained cool and even offered advice on item builds etc. I don't mean "you should've taken this you retard" advice either - it was more like "hey you should build this because it does X which is great in this situation." This is very rare in the MOBA genre which is usually full of trash talk and people being general Internet Asshats.

Bolivar
11-12-2012, 09:34 PM
I've seen some incredible matchmaking in the Call of Duty games, where when the final score comes up it's a difference of literally 1 point and everyone in the lobby is just in awe until someone says "...wow, that was a really good game." And everyone agrees "yeah, that was a really good game."

I joined the middle of a Counter-Strike: GO round and was the last one remaining and dudes were like "WOAH LOOK AT THIS GUY WITH THE C&C95 AVATAR!!!" And once I got a couple kills (didn't win the round) and they saw my old-school CS tactics I could hear them saying "yo, i actually really like this guy!!!"

Similar to Pete, I actually had someone invade my Demon's Souls game and I was on the Chinese/East Asian servers. I was completely freaking out and tried throwing a cheap shot at him and running like hell, but he just kept waiving and ended up helping me out, which was good because I was a little underleveled for the area I was in...

My only interaction with the incredibly strange world of MMO Love was in EverQuest, I was in a Dark Elf guild and one of the girl members who was out in our group started telling me I was cute...

A little while ago a max level dude was giving out free bags and balloons in our WoW server, that was pretty nice. Actually, almost everyone I've met Dungeoneering in WoW has been very, very cool, and I've gotten into some pretty chill lobbies in Diablo III as well. I guess I'm just lucky when it comes to Blizzard games.

Aulayna
11-12-2012, 09:47 PM
A little while ago a max level dude was giving out free bags and balloons in our WoW server, that was pretty nice. Actually, almost everyone I've met Dungeoneering in WoW has been very, very cool, and I've gotten into some pretty chill lobbies in Diablo III as well. I guess I'm just lucky when it comes to Blizzard games.

Yeah I'm the same with WoW - in the 8 years I've been playing I've ran into far less douches than is the norm seemingly. Of course with any large game there's a chance of meeting people who are up to no good but I've generally found everyone to be very friendly. If someone kicks off it usually only takes someone to say something reasonable and not rise to it and it usually fizzles out pretty quickly.

Then again with the much play experience I also have a lot of knowledge about the game too and can firmly put people in their place (particularly the ones who mouth off about DPS etc)

Apart from LFR and AV - large groups like that arseholes seem a dime a dozen.

But anyway back on topic - just played another really close game of LoL that got very tense and frustrating in places but neither side resorted to trash talking and in the post-match lobby everyone was like that was awesome - thanks for the match!

Iceglow
11-13-2012, 01:21 AM
I've met some nice players in CoD where we've been talking through the team chat and it's become "ok instead of working individually lets take this map by storm" we've then gotten a small squad to work together with different style weapons (heavy, sniper, assault) working as a team to actually move through the map and take down opponents. Doesn't always work but in certain game types like Domination or Ground War it can be brutal.