PDA

View Full Version : ghaleon punching puppet

Jowy
11-13-2012, 12:14 AM
you may only post in this thread if you still have one. :aimsun:

conversely, i'm a hoarder!

ACTUAL TOPIC SINCE NOBODY LISTENS TO ME:

I like Lunar. I'm a pleb and haven't played the proper Sega CD versions of Silver Star Story or Eternal Blue, but the PS1 versions blew me away. Let's talk about it!

Roogle
11-13-2012, 01:08 AM
Those are my favorite games of all time. I think you should play the Sega CD versions if you are a fan of the Playstation games. They are less refined in gameplay, but the Sega CD version of Eternal Blue is much better.

Jowy
11-13-2012, 02:21 AM
So I've heard! Doesn't Lemina lack Cataclysm and a lot of other high-damage spells in the Sega CD version?

Ultima Shadow
11-13-2012, 07:30 AM
Ghaleon's da man! Still one of my fav villains (though I have quite a few of those now).

Also: Lunar had some really amazing voice acting for its time.

NeoCracker
11-13-2012, 07:48 AM
I loved Lunar. I couldn't get into the second one though. :p

One of my favorite things was during the end, your friend DOESN'T CHARGE YOUR ITEMS TO HELP YOU SAVE THE WORLD!

Heath
11-13-2012, 11:32 PM
I wasn't even aware of the existence of the Ghaleon punching puppet until this thread, but I'm suitably impressed now I've had a quick search to find out about it.

I loved Lunar: SSSC. Annoyingly difficult in places, but sufficiently entertaining to keep my interest throughout the entire game. I think the locales and characters are all interesting and reasonably vivid, the soundtrack is excellent, and the storyline isn't too shabby either. I've not really played Eternal Blue, but might do eventually.

Araciel
11-14-2012, 02:28 AM
Still have yet to finish the first... I was close to the end but like... got zapped or something..I forget. I may just have to restart my epic quest...

Jowy
11-14-2012, 03:57 AM
Eternal Blue's the better game solely because there's no Nash to fucking cart around. Nash is so worthless. It takes a while before it starts to ramp up and get good, plus the big roadblock boss fight with the plant-lady thing is a serious headache.

And the ending is just perfect.

Raistlin
11-14-2012, 04:33 AM
Lunar SSSC remains one of my favorite games of all time. Great (if cliche) story, great characters, great ending, and some highly entertaining writing and voice acting. The gameplay is really just a traditional grindfest, but the rest always keeps me very engaged, and I've beaten it multiple times. I never beat EB, but I have been frequently told I should, so I'll get around to it at some point.