PDA

View Full Version : How do you sleep?

CimminyCricket
11-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Just like the thread title asks: How do you sleep?

It depends on how tired I am, if I'm super tired I can just lie on my back, make a four with my legs and rest my hands on my chest and I'm out like a light. Some nights, if I'm not super tired, I can lie down on my stomach, grab my pillow and bring one leg up and I pass out so bad I drool. I try to fall asleep holding my GF, but I just can't stay comfortable enough to fall asleep that way. :c(

Faris
11-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Some strange variation of being on my side or stomach. My sleeping position is why I wake up with tense muscles but I can't get comfortable on my back or with a zillion support pillows.

Shoeberto
11-13-2012, 05:41 PM
I get this a lot, and I'm never quite sure how to answer. The drinks seem the easiest way to go... drink until I've forgotten myself. Usually once I'm gone, I can't remember them, either. But not always... not always. Those are the bad nights. The nights where I'm just a specter, floating in the ether, surrounded by their voices crying out for me to help. But I'm as powerless as a ghost as I was that day. I almost look forward to the hangover the next day, gives me something else to focus on through the day that isn't my regrets.

Oh... you meant literally. On my stomach, I guess.

Sephex
11-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Not very well. I regularly wake up within the short amount I sleep.

As for positioning? Usually on my back or side.

Futan
11-13-2012, 06:12 PM
On my side, knees raised, head tucked. Ya know, the fetal position.

fire_of_avalon
11-13-2012, 06:59 PM
I look like I'm climing a rock face.

Zeldy
11-13-2012, 07:15 PM
Either in the fetal position on my side, or starfishing on my back. Since getting piercings removed I've been able to sleep on my back in like the first time in over a year, the luxury. Sleeping is difficult having so many ear piercings, though. But Im more than used to it.

I have a strict bum-to-bum rule if I'm sharing, though. I'm a human radiator on my own thanks.

Chris
11-13-2012, 07:58 PM
I cannot sleep on my back. I get terrible neck pains, and it's just not worth the agony to even attempt it. I always sleep on my stomach, or on my side.

Balzac
11-13-2012, 08:01 PM
With my eyes closed

Bahamut2000X
11-13-2012, 08:10 PM
With my eyes closed

You sir beat me too it. Well played.

So as for how I sleep? I switch between my back or stomach, usually doing best/most of my sleeping on my stomach. Either way I suck at sleeping so I sleep up numerous times during the night on a bad night (about every hour on a bad night, only twice or thrice on a good night).

Heath
11-13-2012, 08:32 PM
I also switch between my back and my stomach - I think it depends on where I'm sleeping. At home by myself I generally just fall asleep on my stomach. If I have a nice big bed (e.g. when I've had a double bed in a hotel room to myself) I like to lie on my back and spread myself out.

Pumpkin
11-13-2012, 10:15 PM
All kinds of ways. Usually on my sides. Laying on my back often hurts my ribs and laying on my stomach often hurts my breasts, but sometimes I get comfy in those positions. Usually curled up on either side.

Quindiana Jones
11-13-2012, 11:04 PM
I sleep balanced perfectly on my head, with my genitals tied to the ceiling to help me focus on not falling over.

Futan
11-13-2012, 11:13 PM
Either in the fetal position on my side, or starfishing on my back. Since getting piercings removed I've been able to sleep on my back in like the first time in over a year, the luxury. Sleeping is difficult having so many ear piercings, though. But Im more than used to it.

I have a strict bum-to-bum rule if I'm sharing, though. I'm a human radiator on my own thanks.

Had to look up starfishing. When I did, I found out they actually call it the fetal position. lol. Didn't think they actually named the positions. XD

Heath
11-13-2012, 11:15 PM
Of course, when I have trouble sleeping there is something slightly naughty I do to help me relax and get to sleep I find a pint of some nice ale will help me nod off. What else did you think I was referring to?

Lonely Paper Star
11-14-2012, 12:26 AM
Mostly on my side, with a pillow between my legs, knee raised against it, and an arm cradling my head.

Well, actually, not quite on my side. It's more like... 2/3 on my stomach, I guess.

Madame Adequate
11-14-2012, 01:08 AM
On a bed made of money, surrounded by beautiful women.

Bunny
11-14-2012, 01:09 AM
Naked.

The logistics don't matter as long as my clothes are off.

CimminyCricket
11-14-2012, 02:29 AM
I sometimes sleep with my eyes open, so take that!

Smartasses.

Tigmafuzz
11-14-2012, 02:41 AM
When I'm alone,
Some strange variation of being on my side or stomach.

When I'm not alone, I sleep on my back but slightly to the side for optimal cuddleness.

Denmark
11-14-2012, 02:56 AM
my side or my stomach. my left side more likely because it's better for my neck or whatevz (feels better)

Fujiko
11-20-2012, 12:15 PM
I usually start off by sleeping on my back, 'cause it feels really good, then I turn to either sleep facing to the right in the foetal position (I don't like facing the left 'cause it feels like I'm putting pressure on my heart and it doesn't feel good at all) or, mostly, on my stomach with my right arm up, hand curled next to my neck, and my left arm stretched down.
Sometimes I also like to spoon Mike~ :mymelrelaxed:

Laddy
11-26-2012, 02:38 PM
I sleep like a flying squirrel.

Bubba
11-26-2012, 04:41 PM
On my front halfway down the bed.

Or if I've been drinking then I generally adopt the 'Jesus on the Cross' position across the middle of my bed.

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-26-2012, 04:47 PM
On my side, sometimes cuddled to my boyfriend or my cat when he is absent. Awkward when cat decides to lay on top of both of you.

Shorty
11-26-2012, 05:34 PM
Naked.

The logistics don't matter as long as my clothes are off.

This.

Usually, though, on my side in fetal/spoon-ready position with my hand under my pillow.

Shiny
11-26-2012, 08:07 PM
My body must be wrapped in the sheets like a burrito.

escobert
11-26-2012, 08:10 PM
With my eyes closed in a bed at night.

Shauna
11-26-2012, 08:14 PM
Some combination of foetal position and on my back, depending on how warm I am. :3

blackmage_nuke
11-26-2012, 09:16 PM
ON the side or on my back, Usually with one hand under the pillow

Araciel
11-27-2012, 05:12 AM
Quite well, thank you.

Aulayna
11-27-2012, 05:18 AM
I have no idea in all honesty. I've woken up on my back, in the fetal position, with the quilt wrapped around me like a cocoon spread out like a starfish, diagonally across the bed and probably many others. I do tend to have to have at least one arm under my pillow or sometimes even end up hugging it to my face.

What position I go to sleep in I never really pay much attention too because... y'know... I'm asleep.:tongue:

Yar
11-27-2012, 08:07 AM
I'm weird about it. First of all, I like to sleep on my side. And I always face the closest wall. It just feels cozy to me :love: I tuck one hand under my pillow and cuddle with it~

Sometimes I sleep in a fetal position and sometimes I sleep with my legs stretched out. It really just depends which feels more comfortable that night.

As far as nudity goes, the only times I sleep nude are the times I don't remember taking my clothes off and I just wake up that way the next morning. I always like going to bed in pajamas and a t-shirt/hoodie. Without pants my junk just feels out of control and it's pretty uncomfortable. :( Plus I like being really warm in bed.