PDA

View Full Version : Dead series you want revived?

CimminyCricket
11-13-2012, 04:52 PM
Every so often a developer decides to stop making a certain series of games, much to the dismay of their fans. Do you have a game series that is no long being developed or published that you'd give almost anything to have it continued?

I love the Star Ocean series. The shops, the customized weaponry, the battle controls, I love all of it. The most recent incarnation is supposedly the last because it completes the rotation (or something). I wouldn't mind having another Star Ocean. I'd love for it to be a continuing series much like Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy.

I don't know if Valkyrie Profile is dead, but they haven't had a game in a while either and I love that series, too. It's always fun to see how many combos you can get in a fight. xD

Jet Moto definitely wasn't the best racing game out there, but it was still really, really fun. I think it would be pretty awesome to see it on Next Gen systems.

Jowy
11-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Star Ocean 3 was like that hot girl you went on a few dates with and then she broke your heart into a million pieces, so you call her cousin Star Ocean 4 over but when you go pick her up you're immediately not interested but still try and tough it out until you just give up.

Suikoden VI and Chrono Brake. Gimme.

Futan
11-13-2012, 05:15 PM
Suikoden VI.

The Jedi Knight series.

Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, and Splinter Cell. While still alive, their gameplay has changed so drastically you can't really call them the same game. I miss the tactical gameplay of all of them. :cry:

Hockey and Football Sports games for PC.

Elpizo
11-13-2012, 05:21 PM
I don't know if it can really be considered dead since it's been only 2 years since the last game, but since it has been dead quiet ever since, I'll mention it anyway: I want a fourth Golden Sun game. The ending of "Dark Dawn" was evil.

ShinGundam
11-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Square should go back to their true roots.

http://www.geocities.jp/rip_gamer/blassty/img/title_blassty.png
http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/506728-genesis-beyond-the-revelation-pc-88-screenshot-title-screens.gif

Honestly, i don't care about any series but i really want more Sci-fi JRPGs (No not Star Ocean stuff) what i am looking for is "Snatcher" meet JRPG (NOT SD SNATCHER I already played it). As a fan of Sci-fi JRPGs (at the moment i am pretty hyped for them) i can't even find more than 10 to 15 JRPGs across all platforms starting from retro Japanese PCs (PC98/FM towns and X68000) to consoles from NEC, PS1 and Sega.

I don't know, i feel we have far more fantasy and homage/retro wannabes to GOOD OL'DAYS for my taste at the moment, and i can't take it anymore. I want more Sci-fi, Modern, 1001 nights esque and oriental my JRPGs.

Mercen-X
11-17-2012, 12:45 AM
For a second, I thought I had an idea. But then I realized this isn't about TV series otherwise I would have mentioned Firefly, Deadwood, Jericho, etc.

Games: lid jekle id be ako all am lam dib ad low koai dials lai owl kai bo... I got nothing.

The Man
11-17-2012, 02:06 AM
Suikoden VI.

Chrono Break.

Marathon 4. Apparently Bungie registered a trademark related to Marathon so I may get this one, although it's not clear if that was just for a remake of one of the old games.

Shadow Hearts 4.

Can't think of anything else offhand but I'm sure more will come to me later.

Bunny
11-17-2012, 04:02 AM
Suikoden VI, Wild ARMs 6, Lunar 3, Chrono Break.

CimminyCricket
11-17-2012, 05:06 AM
Oooo Shadow Hearts 4. That's a good one.

Mercen-X
11-17-2012, 08:14 AM
It was never a series, however: Ehrgeiz. I would appreciate access to the characters from the Bouncer and I would hope the fighting system would be easier to grasp. PS3 controllers having default analog sticks should make those 360 motions easier to perform, but the timing has to be loosened up a tad. (I should be putting this in Fix Your Favorite...)

Iceglow
11-19-2012, 12:21 AM
Colony Wars. I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it again the series rocked.

Suidoken, yes please

Breath of Fire, mmm no dragon quarter but IV/III style yes please!

Star Ocean, I liked the one I've played

Vagrant Story, never had a sequel but needed to be continued

Dino Crisis 2, why shoot zombies when you can shoot a fucking Velociraptor? I'm ignoring the very existence of the tripe that got called Dino Crisis 3.

An SRPG version of Front Mission because we've been sorely lacking these in the UK

Parasite Eve. I don't even need to explain to people who played 1 and 2.

Dark Cloud/Dark Crystal, they were pretty cool to play.

CimminyCricket
11-19-2012, 01:28 AM
It was never a series, however: Ehrgeiz. I would appreciate access to the characters from the Bouncer and I would hope the fighting system would be easier to grasp. PS3 controllers having default analog sticks should make those 360 motions easier to perform, but the timing has to be loosened up a tad. (I should be putting this in Fix Your Favorite...)

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who enjoyed The Bouncer. That was such a fun game. xDD

Madame Adequate
11-19-2012, 04:39 AM
Colony Wars. I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it again the series rocked.

Suidoken, yes please

Breath of Fire, mmm no dragon quarter but IV/III style yes please!

Star Ocean, I liked the one I've played

Vagrant Story, never had a sequel but needed to be continued

Dino Crisis 2, why shoot zombies when you can shoot a fucking Velociraptor? I'm ignoring the very existence of the tripe that got called Dino Crisis 3.

An SRPG version of Front Mission because we've been sorely lacking these in the UK

Parasite Eve. I don't even need to explain to people who played 1 and 2.

You have some good taste at times, Stevie-boy :D

Raistlin
11-19-2012, 05:02 AM
Off the top of my head:

Suikoden
Lunar
Chrono

Suikoden is especially disappointing to be dead, after Konami did pretty much everything right with Suikoden V.

Mercen-X
11-19-2012, 05:05 AM
That's exactly where a game series deserves to die... when it's been done right.

The Man
11-19-2012, 05:16 AM
Really? When a game company gets everything right, that's the best indication that they may be in a position to keep doing everything right, which means it's especially disappointing when such a series ends.

Laddy
11-19-2012, 06:34 AM
-Planescape: Torment
Not a sequel to the storyline, but a similar experience in a similar setting would be excellent in a modern generation.

-Grandia
Not the best series ever, but attach a good plot to it and you'd have one of the best RPG's ever.

-Dark Cloud
A great series that was unique and inventive. Shame it never got another sequel. Dark Cloud 2/Dark Chronicle was excellent.

-Wizardry
An excellent series. They had a Japanese company develop a spin-off for PSN, but it was trout. Get a better company to develop it and you could have another great series.

-Caesar
Great series, hope they make a new one.

-Chrono
One of the best RPG series ever.

-Might & Magic
Update it a bit regarding plot, but keep the awesome old-school magic and you'd got a winner right here.

-Baldur's Gate
Though it seems to be making a revival with the remakes and a possible BGIII if Enhanced Edition does well.

-Final Fantasy Tactics
I would like one more like the original, although FFTA and A2 are good, I like FFT's story more.

-Dance Dance Revolution/Karaoke Revolution
Let's be real. You love it.

Loony BoB
11-19-2012, 01:20 PM
In order of how much I want it to happen...

1. Freelancer
2. Gauntlet
3. Excelsior

And I echo Grandia, too. Colony Wars as well... I barely played it but I remember enjoying it and would like to see a modern iteration. Oh! Alpha Centauri!

Jinx
11-19-2012, 02:04 PM
YES YES SHADOW HEARTS 4 NOOOOOOOW

Pike
11-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Master of Orion
Super Mario RPG (Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi doesn't count)

Jowy
11-19-2012, 05:51 PM
We all want to go to Harmonia, Konami. You're killin' us.

Bolivar
11-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Didn't we just have this thread? I remember I said Shining Force and a couple of people said Final Fantasy to be funny, but in the end we all started crying and agreed it's sad because it's true?

I still say Shining Force.

I would like to see another attempt at Sword of Vermillion, it was a very experimental game with some really great music and visuals. Looks awesome up-resed in an emulator.

-Final Fantasy Tactics
I would like one more like the original, although FFTA and A2 are good, I like FFT's story more.

They just re-released/re-imagined Tactics Ogre last year. It's Final Fantasy Tactics with branching storylines and a deconstructed, better-balanced combat system.

Rostum
11-20-2012, 05:13 AM
Myst and Chrono series please!

Aulayna
11-20-2012, 05:21 AM
Theme Park/Hospital

NeoCracker
11-20-2012, 05:55 AM
Breath of Fire
Lunar
Lufia
Wild Arms
Earthbound/Mother
Dark Could
Legend of Legaia
Chrono
Megaman X: Command Mission (Seriously, it was a pretty decent RPG. Not amazing, but good enough for another I'd say. :p)
Ogre Battle (I like me some Tactics Ogre, but Ogre Battle remains one of the most unique SRPG's out. And it was back on the SNES and N64 days. The system could seriously benefit from some streamlining and more disk space.)

I Took the Red Pill
11-20-2012, 06:46 AM
Chrono. Megaman Legends.

Skyblade
11-20-2012, 09:05 AM
Didn't we just have this thread? I remember I said Shining Force and a couple of people said Final Fantasy to be funny, but in the end we all started crying and agreed it's sad because it's true?

I still say Shining Force.

I would like to see another attempt at Sword of Vermillion, it was a very experimental game with some really great music and visuals. Looks awesome up-resed in an emulator.

I agree with Shining Force.

Never played SoV, I'll have to try it.

-Final Fantasy Tactics

They just re-released/re-imagined Tactics Ogre last year. It's Final Fantasy Tactics with branching storylines and a deconstructed, better-balanced combat system.

Are you sure you're not talking about FFTA/A2? :D

And I'd like to throw in Master of Orion. While 3 was, by all accounts, a great travesty of gaming, the series has a ton of potential (personally, I'm envisioning it as remade using the Lensmen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lensmen) universe as backstory/setup).

Crop
11-20-2012, 01:37 PM
TimeSplitters of course!

Hollycat
11-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Freelancer 2 needs to be restarted. So much potential!

Bolivar
11-20-2012, 05:49 PM
Never played SoV, I'll have to try it.

Haha, you should, it was Yu Suzuki's attempt at a 16-bit RPG and the soundtrack was bad ass. I just read it was his first Sega exclusive.

Also, there's branching storylines and there's branching storylines.

Flaming Ice
11-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Baten kaitos.....origins was okay but the battle system was a bit weird.....

Need more Guillo :)

Enclave....was a bit difficult but pretty good.

2. Gauntlet
!

One sort of like the N64 version

escobert
11-21-2012, 03:47 AM
Jet Moto!
Saga Frontier
FFT
Company of Heros

Aulayna
11-21-2012, 04:13 AM
TimeSplitters of course!

OMG YES!

edit:

Whoever mentioned Dark Cloud gets a +1 too <3 Dark Chronicle!

Heath
11-21-2012, 10:08 PM
TimeSplitters - I even joined a petition group on FB for a new one, and I almost never do thar!

Other ones people have pointed to already: Chrono, Shadow Hearts, Theme Park.

I'll also raise you a Goemon, Perfect Dark and Dungeon Keeper.

Slothy
11-22-2012, 02:22 AM
TimeSplitters - I even joined a petition group on FB for a new one, and I almost never do thar!

This one I assume? http://www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ

Yes I am posting it because I joined it as well and I want me some Timesplitters.

I'll also raise you a Goemon

Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon was the greatest N64 title ever made.

krissy
11-22-2012, 03:43 AM
The only time you'll be splitting is your time in prison.

KentaRawr!
11-24-2012, 04:17 AM
Neutopia! It may be a shameless Zelda rip-off, but I liked it, and Neutopia 2's ending makes me feel sad that there was never a 3.

Tigmafuzz
11-24-2012, 07:03 AM
Everything that BigHands and Heath said :bigsmile:

Dr. rydrum2112
11-27-2012, 01:28 AM
Star Ocean 5
Lunar 3
Final Fantasy (you know the good series we all liked)

Freya
11-27-2012, 06:11 AM
I third timesplitters. I loved TS 2 on the PS2. My brother and I played that game to death! What other game gives you monkeys that try to kill you!

black orb
11-28-2012, 04:26 AM
>>> Suikoden, is priority..:luca:

Chrono too but SE would ruin it anyways..
About SO and Valkyrie Profile, I dont think those are dead yet.

escobert
12-02-2012, 10:35 PM
I WANT MADDEN ON PC :mad2:

Depression Moon
12-03-2012, 05:08 AM
I know I'm not answering the thread question but dammit Threads of Fate, Mirror's Edge, and Beyond Good and Evil all deserve sequels!

Ouch!
12-03-2012, 05:47 AM
Dark Cloud.
Megaman Legends.

Shauna
12-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Mirror's Edge

Sequel on its way, IIRC! :D Actually this time, not like before.

Bolivar
12-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Megaman Legends.

We were so close, but I wouldn't have wanted it on 3DS anyway.

Quindiana Jones
12-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Star Wars: Republic Commando. One of the best Star Wars games ever made, easily on a par with the Battlefronts for me. When am I going to rescue Sev, god damnit?! :mad2:

Since I mentioned it, Star Wars: Battelfront. One of the best Star Wars games series ever made. Easily on a par with Republic Commando for me. ;)

Flying Arrow
12-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Dark Cloud is one of the first that comes to my head. I've only ever played DC2 to completion, but man did I enjoy it.

Vagrant Story would might be a cool sequel, and I wouldn't mind seeing a Metroidvania done in fully-realized 3D...

Wait, Dark Souls has me covered. Game of the decade.

And I know it's not really a dead series, but I really would like to see a sequel to Alpha Protocol that is bigger, better, and more playable.

Red Mage Coffman
12-04-2012, 02:31 AM
Star Ocean.
Earthbound.
Wild Arms.

I could type rants as to why, but mobile phone makes it impossible. I'll trust everyone knows how awesome they are.

noshowmillk
12-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Star Wars: Battlefront
Jak

They may be coming out with Jak 4, but I don't know.

Tempest
12-05-2012, 11:37 PM
So many series I wish were back.

Contra
Saga (as long as it's like gameboy and Frontier)
SW: KotOR (not mmo's!)
Chrono
Shining Force
Tactics (not Advance)
Mana
Wild Arms
Breath of Fire
Lufia

I'd start playing games on consoles again if they were back.