PDA

View Full Version : Green Thumb

Pike
11-14-2012, 01:43 AM
Do you like to keep plants and things? Are you good at growing them?

I am absolutely not good at this. Fish I can keep alive forever, but plants just die under my care. :cry:

Except for spider plants, I had one of those for like ten years once.

CimminyCricket
11-14-2012, 02:28 AM
I don't like having to take care of things, so I don't keep plants or pets. Except for my cat, because she can take care of herself.

Tigmafuzz
11-14-2012, 02:39 AM
We have a very nice garden and we grow our own tomatoes and potatoes. It's a very enjoyable hobby.

Hollycat
11-14-2012, 02:41 AM
I had a bunch of Bonsai trees, but they all got fried in the sun. :(

Bunny
11-14-2012, 03:02 AM
Ain't nobody got time for planting shit.

Peegee
11-14-2012, 03:46 AM
I absolutely adore hydroponics. I has them in my room

Shlup
11-14-2012, 07:05 AM
I am quite not good. I'm growing basil and jalapenos and habaneros, but my cilantro and strawberries and tomatoes are dead.

Heath
11-14-2012, 08:00 AM
I'm not great - I think if I had my own garden I'd make the effort though. I had a house plant that I kept alive at university. Currently the only plant I have is a solar powered plastic flower which dances when it's in direct sunlight. I'm pretty good at keeping that alive.

Sephex
11-14-2012, 11:53 AM
My mom is pretty good at this. We usually have several plants growing somewhere in my parent's house all year around. I personally couldn't keep up with it, so I don't bother. Plus, there aren't that many good spots in my place to grow one.

Chris
11-14-2012, 12:35 PM
I am good at keeping Cactus. :freak:

Shorty
11-14-2012, 05:54 PM
I am terrible at keeping plants alive. I think I give them too much love.

I had an orchid that lived three months once, though. That was surprising since they're supposed to be hard to keep alive.

Denmark
11-14-2012, 05:58 PM
i'm bad at plants

KentaRawr!
11-14-2012, 09:20 PM
I've tried to manage a garden with my Mom a few times. Tomatoes and peppers and things! We've only done that a few times, but it was very successful each time. I'm not sure if we'll really have another chance to do that now that I'm living away from home, though.

themagicroundabout
11-15-2012, 02:57 AM
My family moved into a house that was an old potato farm before us, so we've had plenty of land, but it was all just mud at first. My grandpa lived with us and he was a master gardener and transformed the whole place into a wonderland with ponds, apple trees, babbling brooks and lately a large population of rabbits. And, as much as I dislike how far away from everywhere my house is at times, it is really great in the summer, to have this isolated little garden, and also at night because you get the real darkness without streetlights. Grandpa passed away recently, but left behind his gardening book with all his notes and stuff. Maybe one day I will find that I've inherited his green thumbs, but I've got a lot to learn.

Flaming Ice
11-15-2012, 03:47 AM
We used to have a pretty big garden at the house we first lived in. We sometimes grow different things like tomatoes, potatoes and beans.

Used to have a mulberry bush and raspberries when we were at the other house too.

I Make Kenta Rawr!
11-15-2012, 04:39 AM

Jiro
11-15-2012, 04:45 AM
I've never really been a gardener. Never owned plants, if you will. I just have the entire wild out there to enjoy.

Pumpkin
11-15-2012, 03:15 PM
I had two gardens when I was a little girl. One vegetable garden and one flower garden. They were both quite small. My dog liked too pee on my flowers. Then I had to move and I lost my gardens :(. But I had a lot of fun with it and I liked caring for it.

Tigmafuzz
11-15-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm growing basil and jalapenos and habaneros

Why didn't we think of this? We spend a crapload of money on habanero xD