PDA

View Full Version : contractions suck

~*~Celes~*~
11-14-2012, 12:29 PM
This smurfing hurts. I need like 5 more rice packs!

Discuss your pain threshold.

Mine isn't very good, I'm at about a 6 or 7 right now and holy tacos I am getting a mothersmurfing epidural smurf this shit. -_-

Chris
11-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Pain is usually more tolerable, when there's a reward at the end. You could ask for no greater reward. :)

I'm weird when it comes to pain. Breaking an arm, did not affect me. But, when I broke my finger, I cried like a little school girl. :(

Peegee
11-14-2012, 01:37 PM
> rice packs

I don't feel pain like most people. Anyway when i fractured my palm it surprisingly didn't hurt at all. Very strange sensation though. I also play with fire.

I Make Kenta Rawr!
11-14-2012, 01:44 PM

Jiro
11-14-2012, 01:51 PM
There isn't a competition for strangest time to be posting here, guys. You're allowed to have meatspace lives separately! :greenie:

My pain tolerance is... pretty high. I can't say in a comparative manner, but as some quantifiers:
- I fell down a hole and sustained some painful injuries but went on my merry way
- I tore my hamstring mid-race and continued for a bronze medal
- I have no other examples currently which is why Loony BoB is so mad at me

Like our newest friend Red has said, enjoy your little minion. Peter is making you work for it!

sharkythesharkdogg
11-14-2012, 01:58 PM
The only thing I recall is similar to Jiro.
During a track season, my IT band was ripping out of the meniscus in my knee. It hurt pretty badly. So I would have to soak it, and stretch, and limit my running during practice. I walked with a limp for a good while. I still went to state though!

Night Fury
11-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Omg Baaaaabyyyy!!!!! :love:

Hmmm my pain threshold... there are different types of pain..
I went through 2 years of having constant migraines, so head pain for me is a doddle. It's not enjoyable, and I'd rather not have it, but I can handle it.

Stomach pains. Accchhhh, I hate those. Whether it's womby pains because I'm a woman and every now and again I have a time of.. pain >.> I HATE THAT. But I cope.

I recently sliced a chunk out of my finger by accident and that was like a 5... maybe, I was more shocked at the blood spurting out, and then when I went back to look at the knife there was a bit of flesh hanging from it... that was... horrible!!

Totally depends on the pain. But I think I'm reasonable.

Mirage
11-14-2012, 03:06 PM
My pain treshold is, I dunno, varying? I've cut a knife all the way to the bone of my index finger once (by accident!), but it was pretty tolerable. I don't seem to have a lot of tolerance against those martial arts joint locks though, I think i'm at about the same level as most people there. As for blunt strikes, I can take a fair amount of those. It's not that I don't feel the pain, it's that I'm too stubborn to let it stop me.

I once fell and got a pretty large cut at the top of my head, but didn't fracture the skull. I was about 6-7 years old but I didn't actually feel any pain worth mentioning. It was like having a minor headache, so I was pretty surprised when my parents started panicking and stuff when I came in with my face covered in blood. I didn't understand why they were so worried. I guess maybe there was a lot of those natural painkillers flowing around in my body at the time, that could explain it.

Pumpkin
11-14-2012, 04:04 PM
I have a pretty low threshold for pain, but I can deal with it. Usually I stop breathing when I'm in a lot of pain, which isn't good but I just seem to naturally do it.

I gave birth to my son without an epidural and yes it sucked. So very very much. But congrats on having a baby :jess:.

Denmark
11-14-2012, 04:19 PM
i'm of the opinion that contractions're a necessary thing t'have in the english language to better communicate how we're actually talkin'

oh

pain's ok i guess

Shorty
11-14-2012, 05:50 PM
I am a massive siss with a low pain threshold. It makes it incredibly difficult to get tattoos but I want them, dammit, so I put up with the pain.

Mr. Purple
11-14-2012, 07:34 PM
For my birthday, I got a tattoo, on my back. Three hours of discomfort that paid off well. At that time, my pain threshold was fairly low. I had to have my wisdom teeth out last year and needed to wait five days for the surgery. Those five days were pretty horrible.

But this past September, I broke my leg. The pain wasn't too bad, but merely constant. The exception was when the nerve block from the surgery (7 inch titanium plate and 11 screws ftw!) wore off, I was in tears, and am not ashamed to admit it. At the time, I was fairly miffed that they didn't give me something more fast-acting, but that could have been the pain, I don't know.

Quindiana Jones
11-14-2012, 09:23 PM
I actually really like them. They convey identical meaning whilst allowing for shorter sentences. While this isn't that noticeable in text, it's very important for speech. There is, of course, some confusion with some of them; is it "it is" or "it has", for example? Overall however, I think contractions are very useful.

Aerith's Knight
11-14-2012, 10:29 PM
I got my roots drilled at the dentist without any form of sedation (I don't like it). At the end, my dentist said to me: "Wow. I've seen men twice your size scream out and cry during this."

'nuff said.

Jiro
11-15-2012, 04:54 AM
Oh that reminds me. I got stitches in my face and the anaesthetic wouldn't actually stay in my face (seriously it was oozing out of the fucking wound) so I got stitched up while feeling the whole thing. Wasn't too bad tbh.

Night Fury
11-15-2012, 10:04 AM
I have an ulcer in my mouth at the moment, like right at the bottom of the inside of my lip, near my teeth and it hurts so so so much, like really bad. It's hurting when I eat, when I drink D:

I wish it would go away!

I have a low pain tolerance for things that prevent me from eating and stuff, so toothache, I hate that.

Mirage
11-15-2012, 10:30 AM
I might have a constant tooth ache in a fubar'd tooth. I don't know if it aches or not anymore, as I suspect I've grown resistant to the pain from it.

I should probably see a dentist, but I think there's nothing one of them could do for that tooth anymore. At least it's not visible to other people, all the way back there.

kotora
11-15-2012, 10:45 AM
What are the rice packs for?

Night Fury
11-15-2012, 10:58 AM
I might have a constant tooth ache in a fubar'd tooth. I don't know if it aches or not anymore, as I suspect I've grown resistant to the pain from it.

I should probably see a dentist, but I think there's nothing one of them could do for that tooth anymore. At least it's not visible to other people, all the way back there.

You should still definitely get it seen too, wouldn't like it to get infected and spread to another tooth or anything D:

~*~Celes~*~
11-16-2012, 01:09 AM
What are the rice packs for?

If they heat it up in the microwave, it's a heating pad. If they freeze it, cold compress. Works wonders <3

So after all those horrible contractions, I ended up having a c-section. Turns out he had a short umbilical cord which could have prevented him from dropping down properly. I'm just glad he's out, little stinker is so cute!

Mirage
11-16-2012, 11:40 AM

You should still definitely get it seen too, wouldn't like it to get infected and spread to another tooth or anything D:

It hasn't spread yet! I am taking good care of my teeth now, that thing is a remainer from when I was having a pretty shitty period in my life and drank 10 bottles of Mt dew every day.

Quindiana Jones
11-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Pike would call those the Wonder Years.

Shiny
11-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Arthritis pains and pms though in a fairly good mood despite it. I'm usually nicer when I'm in pain.

Mercen-X
11-17-2012, 07:57 PM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> _-

Hee

I love contractions. Sadly, my teacher won't let me use them in my term papers. Wipes.

... hmm. I guess I should've known I wouldn't have been the first to say something like this.

Mirage
11-17-2012, 10:19 PM
Know what I think is strange? How PMS and period pains seem to vary so greatly from one woman to another. I don't think my ex was having pains at all (or at least not enough for me to notice it) over the 5 years we were together.

Heath
11-18-2012, 12:46 AM
I kept reading the thread title as 'contraceptions suck' which is kind of ironic given the subject matter!

My pain threshold is reasonably good, I think. I don't tend to wince from pain, but then again I don't tend to live a lifestyle that regularly puts me in pain. I very briefly dabbled with rugby at school, which is a game that really doesn't mix well with a low pain threshold!

I did have a mouth ulcer which was driving me mad last week as it was in a really awkward place at the back of my mouth, but I rather enjoy bonjela, insofar as one can enjoy medicine, so that wasn't too bad.

Mercen-X
11-18-2012, 04:15 AM
or Conceptions suck. I don't know why that would be.