PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Mafia Game Thread - The Final Day

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

[M] Adama
11-21-2012, 12:59 AM
Why do you have to bring other games into it! I've never played Oblivion in my life. Poor Penelo's heart skipped a beat there!

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-21-2012, 12:59 AM
Don't kill Biggs. Kill Setzer.

[M] Adama
11-21-2012, 01:00 AM
What's Setzer got to do with it? He has been quite quiet though...

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-21-2012, 01:03 AM
Setzer's only actions yesterday were suspicious: the "One down ??? to go" copypasta and the alarm he exhibited at my statement about Galuf's role when a real townie (or anybody else who didn't know it was correct) would dismiss it as bollocks.

Biggs did some suspicious things yesterday -- and I find the roleclaim pretty suspicious -- but he also called out Setzer on the copypasta.

[M] Adama
11-21-2012, 01:07 AM
I'm not getting many mafia vibes from Biggs, his hearts in the right place and I wouldn't necessarily find his roleclaim suspicious, Faris and Wedge's roleclaims to me are far more suspicious.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-21-2012, 01:12 AM
Biggs factored heavily in my wall o' text because I predicated a number of my actions on the possibility that he might be scum. The possibility of scum exists for everyone still alive. Everything Biggs did has an alternate explanation that fits a townie.

The same is not true of that card-playing dirtbag. Setzer delenda est!

[M] Adama
11-21-2012, 01:14 AM
mmm... I'll go with the card player for now, but I'm still not 100% convinced, for me, the real game changer is when Wedge *finally* comes forward with those damn reports!

##VOTE: Setzer (tentatively)

[M] Anise
11-21-2012, 01:15 AM
I'm holding till wedge shows up.

[M] Adama
11-21-2012, 01:19 AM
It really does all rest on Wedge. I'm getting suspicious of him, not just because he wins "World's worst cop" award, but even without his reports, Wedge still could be a valuable member of the team. Aside from defending his inability to broadcast reports, he's given virtually zero to town hall discussions. Hell, I've been more productive than he has and I didn't even turn up due to important educational stuff. He has alot of explaining to do.

[M] Anise
11-21-2012, 01:21 AM
dinner, back in 30

[M] Adama
11-21-2012, 01:22 AM
Wakka;3168495']dinner, back in 30

You won't really miss much. I'll be going bed soon, and I most likely won't be back until the day's almost done :(

[M] Apollo
11-21-2012, 01:27 AM
Wakka;3168454']
Leon;3168453']
Leila;3168449']Is it possible that the bus driver role would have made an effect on Faris's investigation?

Are you asking if it is possible that Faris investigated Galuf, and Galuf targeted Cid, but Kain swapped Cid with Noctis, meaning that Galuf poisoned Noctis when he meant to poison Cid, and Faris saw Galuf visit Cid, when he was actually visiting Noctis? That sounds plausible and mindsmurfing, which makes it more plausible :p

Kain died night 2.

Ugh, apologies, those two nights blended together for obvious reasons. Should have double checked :)

Penelo;3168464'][M] Blank (6) - Noctis, <strike>Biggs</strike>, Balthier, <strike>Yuffie</strike>, Wedge, Yuffie, Biggs, Rydia
[M] Yuffie (5) - Relm, Faris, Refia, <strike>Biggs</strike>, Wakka, Leila
[M] Wedge (1) - Setzer, <strike>Lelia</strike>
[M] Faris (1) - Blank, <strike>Wakka</strike>
[M] Refia (0) - <strike>Yuffie

</strike>Another table, all neatly coloured in :)

I wouldn't be so hasty as to put Refia as red scum. Her flavour was blue. This could be indicative of mafian pretending to be a townie (like a traitor, see here (http://wiki.epicmafia.com/index.php?title=Spy)and here (http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Spy)), or a townie/cop like thing pretending to be a mafian (which given the description fits in well with our mindsmurf, see here (http://wiki.sc2mafia.com/en/index.php/Spy)). Given the colour, I'm inclined to believe the latter, though who knows with spys...
Regardless of which kind of spy she was, what she has said could be very useful. I might go through and analyse it to see what I can find.

[M] Apollo
11-21-2012, 01:27 AM
Dammit. I keep writing long things in context with what's going on, only to find that the discussion has moved on a whole lot.
I should stop thinking things though, and just post whatever comes to my mind**

**I'm not going to do this, I'm gonna go decipher Rydia's wall of text.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-21-2012, 01:30 AM
Biggs;3168447']Well I didn't get any stinking report.

Why would you believe you would, when it was obvious that I believed Noctis to be a Townie as I followed his lead in lynching the Godfather?

[M] Adama
11-21-2012, 01:30 AM
Good luck with that; literally all I gathered was the "vote Setzer" part.

But hey, I'd rather have a wall o' text than a cryptic riddle. It's progress! ;)

[M] Adama
11-21-2012, 01:31 AM
Ah Wedge? Reports! Please? Pleaase?

[M] Apollo
11-21-2012, 01:39 AM
Wedge;3168502']
Biggs;3168447']Well I didn't get any stinking report.

Why would you believe you would, when it was obvious that I believed Noctis to be a Townie as I followed his lead in lynching the Godfather?

No. Seriously. You sent it to Noctis. Oh man. This is just.
Sigh.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-21-2012, 01:41 AM
Leon;3168508']
No. Seriously. You sent it to Noctis. Oh man. This is just.

I believe the word you are looking for is hilarious.

Perhaps Psy's not the only one more interested in fomenting fun than in winning xD

Actually I know he's not, I had a blast with the ham acting yesterday.

[M] Adama
11-21-2012, 01:41 AM
My faith in Wedge is dropping faster than the strahl right now....

[M] Adama
11-21-2012, 01:51 AM
Anyway, guys, sorry, but it's ten to two in the night here in England, so I need to grab sleep. Then I have education stuff, so I might not even make it to the end of the blasted day. If that is the case, know now that my provisional vote is changing from:

##UNVOTE: Setzer

to

##VOTE: Wedge

on account of his utter incompetency of doing his job correctly. Enjoy your evenings those people in America (lucky people!)

[M] Anise
11-21-2012, 01:52 AM
Maybe wedgie killed him.

[M] Apollo
11-21-2012, 01:55 AM
It does just seems too stupidly convenient for a mafian to use the same excuse every night (oops they died). Why not get a buddy to pretend to get the message? Because that would be worse, as it would be rather obvious and incriminate two mafians rather than one.
Your role would be far too useful for you not to be dead though, so I don't know what to think.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
11-21-2012, 02:10 AM
Leila;3168469']
Penelo;3168465']
Leila;3168461']It was, but I had reason to suspect she was scum.

What were the reasons?

I investigated her night 1, turned up guilty. So did Wedge night 2 and Faris night 3. I investigated Notcis this past night to determine if I'm paranoid I didn't get anything back unfortunately. So I'm rather useless, folks! Sorry.

You didn't investigate until the last night if you were paranoid or not? That's convenient Obviously you knew OF the paranoid thing. So why did you wait instead of investigating yourself on night one. You didn't get any investigation back from notcis? I'd think that you'd still get your investigation back even if he died.

This is assuming you're a cop when you say you investigated etc etc It all just seems convenient.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
11-21-2012, 02:12 AM
Just, you already were suspecting her with an evidence of an investigation when you knew that investigation could have been false.... alright...

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 02:15 AM
Here's everyone left:

Role Claimers
Wedge - Investigative Thing, did you ever share the name Wedgie?
Biggs - Vengeful Townie
Leila - Cop
Rydia - Apothecary
Faris - Tracker

Non-Claimers
Leon
Luneth
Relm
Setzer
Cid
Wakka
Rikku
Penelo
Balthier

To be honest, I currently believe all the claims. Wedge is the sketchiest, but recall that immediately on Day 2 he went after Serah after she made no mention of getting a report. Why would a mafia go after a townie with a roleclaim like that? Doesn't make any sense.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-21-2012, 02:18 AM
I am well aware that I look very guilty right now and if in the end you all feel that you must lynch me to find out the truth so be it, I resigned myself to the lynch the moment I made the decision to role claim in the first place. The only thing I want you to do after you lynch me and I flip town is wonder why Biggs would make such a vehement statement about not receiving a report when I never indicated that I agreed with anything he had to say. Plus, Noctis basically role claimed Bulletproof so why would anyone think that I would send a report to anyone else but Noctis?

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
11-21-2012, 02:20 AM
I don't believe the leila one.

I believe the Rydia one.

and possibly the faris one. I'm iffy on that one too. The rest of you effers heck no.

So really I only believe rydia xD

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-21-2012, 02:25 AM
So...what happened last night to put the heat on Wedge today? We have no information regarding him that we did not have yesterday?

[M] Apollo
11-21-2012, 02:26 AM
So, in that mass of text there Rydia, you claimed apothecary, and then claimed that you claimed that as you may be an investigative role trying to seem like a pointless mafia kill. But then finished with who you protected each night.
Which role are you claiming more? Is this a pointless question?

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 02:27 AM
Wedge;3168530']I am well aware that I look very guilty right now and if in the end you all feel that you must lynch me to find out the truth so be it, I resigned myself to the lynch the moment I made the decision to role claim in the first place. The only thing I want you to do after you lynch me and I flip town is wonder why Biggs would make such a vehement statement about not receiving a report when I never indicated that I agreed with anything he had to say. Plus, Noctis basically role claimed Bulletproof so why would anyone think that I would send a report to anyone else but Noctis?
Very simple. You come and go as you please and you seem to want to keep your actions close to the chest until the last minute, so I thought I'd speed things up by playing process of elimination.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
Leila's claim is a little hard to believe. I'm either not sure if she knows whether she's insane or paranoid, especially hard to take that all her results were either guilty or not available. I do however believe Rydia, because based by what she's saying, she saved Cid last night from the poisoning by Galuf on the night I last tracked him.

[M] Apollo
Wedge hasn't come through with anything useful, all of his actions have un/conveniently been lost. I think that's the reason for hating on Wedge. I really don't know how to feel about it.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-21-2012, 02:28 AM
I'm claiming Apothecary.

As for the worming and wriggling, I can't lie to the mafia without also lying to town. I can't explain that more without shooting myself in the crotch.

[M] Apollo
11-21-2012, 02:29 AM
You've shot yourself in enough places. Thank you for clarifying.

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 02:31 AM
Here's that list again, but with everyone's votes from yesterday:

Role Claimers
Wedge - Blank
Biggs - Yuffie, then Blank, then Yuffie, then Blank
Leila - Wedge, then Yuffie
Rydia - Blank
Faris - Yuffie

Non-Claimers
Leon - No vote
Luneth - No vote
Relm - Yuffie
Setzer - Wedge
Cid - No vote
Wakka - Faris, then Yuffie
Rikku - No vote
Penelo - No vote
Balthier - Blank

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-21-2012, 02:32 AM
Leon;3168543']You've shot yourself in enough places.

:cry:

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
11-21-2012, 02:34 AM
The wedge thing, I dunno about. The leila thing though, that doesn't sit well with me. Cop is such an easy role to claim as a mafioso. You know who is scummy already so you can throw in an actual name or two and prove your validity. For that

##Vote: Leila

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-21-2012, 02:38 AM
Balthier;3168525']
Leila;3168469']
Penelo;3168465']

What were the reasons?

I investigated her night 1, turned up guilty. So did Wedge night 2 and Faris night 3. I investigated Notcis this past night to determine if I'm paranoid I didn't get anything back unfortunately. So I'm rather useless, folks! Sorry.

You didn't investigate until the last night if you were paranoid or not? That's convenient Obviously you knew OF the paranoid thing. So why did you wait instead of investigating yourself on night one. You didn't get any investigation back from notcis? I'd think that you'd still get your investigation back even if he died.

This is assuming you're a cop when you say you investigated etc etc It all just seems convenient.

I--What? If every night, as a cop, you got "guilty" for results what would you think? Either "I'm the shit" or "Something's not right"

Yeah, I posted in here that I think he forgot about me. I send my night activity right when night starts and he has a lot of roles to keep track of. Shit happens.

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 02:39 AM
For the sake of argument, let's assume all the claimers are telling the truth. Let's also assume none of the mafia voted for Blank. Let's also eliminate Cid as he is assumed to have poisoned Galuf if we believe Faris's claim. Who does that leave?

Inactives
Leon - is semi-active but did not vote yesterday
Luneth
Rikku
Penelo

Actives
Relm
Setzer
Wakka

My guess is that there is a mafia in the Inactives, and at least one in the Actives. Setzer voted for Wedge, at a time where Wedge looked to be the best candidate after Blank. Relm voted for Yuffie, and then tried to Day Kill me jokingly to shut me up (and it worked for a while, admitedly). Wakka is just Wakka. I can't get a read on this guy because he mostly just spams. :p

Thinking about the day and the voting history, my gut is telling me Relm.

##Unvote: Wakka
##Vote: Relm

I will also try to get through Blank's posts at some point and report back.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-21-2012, 02:40 AM
By all means, take me out and waste a day :aimkiss:

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 02:41 AM
Instead of 'poisoned Galuf' I meant to say 'been poisoned by Galuf'. But I think you guys get that.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
11-21-2012, 02:48 AM
Leila;3168551']By all means, take me out and waste a day :aimkiss:
Will do babycakes :aimkiss:

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-21-2012, 02:51 AM
At least you'll know what kind of cop I am which will either point out the guilty, confirm some innocent, or just be completely useless.

Side note: Why haven't the mafia taken out Faris or Wedge yet if they're tracking/cop roles? Just a thought.

I won't be voting today. Time for bed then work all day. Hi-ho hi-ho~

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 03:04 AM
You should vote, dude.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
11-21-2012, 03:20 AM
What treachery is this? I thought we had something special. :(

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-21-2012, 03:31 AM
Biggs;3168550']
Thinking about the day and the voting history, my gut is telling me Relm.

Your gut? The evidence says Setzer.

Come on, people

Setzer
Must
DIE

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 03:35 AM
What evidence? The copy paste thing? That's something, but hardly enough to convict someone.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
11-21-2012, 03:37 AM
Why are you trying to hurt me like this, Biggs? I, what. Why. Why. :whimper:

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
11-21-2012, 03:38 AM
I think Psychotic is only worth 500,000 Del Murders, for what it's worth. Does that help you want to stop breaking my heart? :whimper:

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 03:38 AM
No, but it might help if you do something useful. :)

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
11-21-2012, 03:40 AM
What's that supposed to mean? My artwork has single handedly boosted the morale of a battered and beaten town. If not for my glorious paintings, you'd have all given up long ago. Don't give me that kind of sass mouth. :irked:

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
11-21-2012, 03:41 AM
also, i'm not the one it took 3 accounts to finally flip flop vote my way onto a mafia. :aimkiss:

Citizen Bleys
11-21-2012, 03:44 AM
Biggs;3168574']What evidence? The copy paste thing? That's something, but hardly enough to convict someone.

That, combined with the alarmed reaction to the detail I had on the poisoner's role, and paired to a complete lack of any other action.

The copypasta is the stronger argument, since Refia flipped scum, though.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
11-21-2012, 03:45 AM
You can delete THAT and no one will hold it against you, fyi. xD

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-21-2012, 03:45 AM
fuck wrong account

pretend I said that.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-21-2012, 03:46 AM
Relm;3168582']You can delete THAT and no one will hold it against you, fyi. xD

oh, leave it, funny at my expense is still funny.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
11-21-2012, 03:47 AM
I've got no right to laugh at you, this is the first game of mafia I've played where I haven't posted on my EoFF account. Yet.

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 03:54 AM
So here's my review of Setzer.

Day 1 - Made many poinltess posts and cast an inactive vote on Quina.

Day 2:

Setzer;3165899']So, now that the first vote of the day has been cast, this is the point that we start wildly slinging accusations about, right? :shobon:
Anxious to get us to start going at each other's throats?

Setzer;3165991']I personally don't see the thing against Cid, but it'll be something to keep an eye out for as the day progresses. I'm also not entirely convinced of Blank's bandwagoning in Day 1, seemed to be regular fare. Again, keeping an eye on things as people start to post more.

I'm also unsure if people are still just throwing votes out there for the lulz - I may just be a stick in the mud here, but now is time for serious talk, not voting for so-n-so because they voted for you. I'm looking at you Blank and Leila! :p This sort of thing doesn't help us determine anything - unless you had some legitimate reasoning behind your voting. If that is the case, I'd like to hear it, as I'm sure everyone else would too.

(Also it is bed time, I hope you all don't get too lynch crazy! :p)
Ooooh a defense of a known Mafia Godfather? Things are getting interesting. Note the mention of Leila too. Not sure he'd give up both of his buddies in this post, but you never know.

Setzer;3166501']I am bad at this whole posting business. xD

Faris - Another silly roleclaim, eh? It wouldn't be mafia without a handful of claims a day! All we can do with this one is wait for Galuf's rebuttal. It could just be a claim of convenience though, she was under fire at the time of the claim... Time will tell. More than a little bit suspicious, I will admit.

Quistis - What about all these crazy role claims? I can just hardly believe that you have nothing to say about anything else that's happened during today. That the only thing you think is worthy of comment/suspicion occurred 3 pages ago. I do not 100% agree with the VOTE RIGHT NOW OR ELSE SCUM thing that Yuffie was shouting about, but I can understand why she did say this - voting can (and does) generate conversation. I don't get how that is enough to lay down a vote.

Leila - I'd like to hear more from you. We have the vote tally up, you said you would tell us something! :shobon: The only thing I can say about you is that your vote on Blank was at the tail end of the bandwagon, with the excuse of "He voted for me", which is not great. :p You have posted a fair bit today, but have said nothing, with promises of explanations later. This is no good to anyone!

Rydia - I'm not sure if she is scummy or just an overthinking townie or maybe she has something on Cid. Who knows at this point. I personally think it's that middle one and am willing to give the benefit of the doubt for just now.

Wakka - Somewhat suspicious with his claims of bus drivers out of nowhere, but I don't think it is any more crazy than Rydia's Cid-cop theory. However, his posting is a little bit all over the place, and that does worry me. Lots of activity with not much being said.

Not much time left today, eh? I feel that there has been plenty of suspicious behaviour today, but nothing to really cement my thoughts on a vote. I always think the best of people, which is super bad for this game. I should think you all scum until proven otherwise, eh? xD If I had to go with my gut...

##Vote: Leila

If only because of the lack of substance to her posts - everyone else despite how erratic their posts or their voting may be, do add something to the conversation. Essentially a joke vote and... nothing else from our friend Leila here.
We call this the "Look I'm being helpful by making a general list of people" post. Note that he is trying to deny Faris's claim and putting it to Galuf to come forward (knowing he never would).

Most of the rest of his posts haven't really said much. He's very non-committal though. Always short quips or general statements without really digging in.

Hmmm...

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-21-2012, 03:54 AM
Rydia;3168583']smurf wrong account

pretend I said that.

Of course. I figured it was you the moment of your wall of text. But, that's not part of this game. Let's bring our focus to Refia's role... do we really know if she is really aligned with mafia? Usually, as a spy, she should be, but there was no indication, just blue to indicate that her role was investigative, so we don't know if she was really scum. I guess we can find out once we finish this game

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-21-2012, 03:59 AM
Faris;3168590']
Of course. I figured it was you the moment of your wall of text.

And not, say, at the start of Day 3 when I came out and said more or less "hey guys look I'm Bleys"?

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-21-2012, 04:02 AM
Rydia;3168593']
Faris;3168590']
Of course. I figured it was you the moment of your wall of text.

And not, say, at the start of Day 3 when I came out and said more or less "hey guys look I'm Bleys"?

I think I may have missed that. :shobon:

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-21-2012, 04:11 AM
[QUOTE='[M] Leila;3168561']
Side note: Why haven't the mafia taken out Faris or Wedge yet if they're tracking/cop roles? Just a thought.
QUOTE]

Actually, I do want to say that you do have a great point. Judging from what you said, Wedge and I should have been gone, but it seems that either one or both of us could be scum. But first, let's take a look at our roles, I happen to be a Tracker, and Wedge has some sort of investigative powers but doesn't know his results, only the people he sends the report to. The mafia would have targeted Wedge the moment on the night following the moment he revealed his role... maybe it was convenient that he stuck around to distract town with false hopes allowing mafia to get what they want. What about me? All I know is who a person targeted, and nothing else, and I did help save Cid from dying when I revealed that he was Galuf's last target. I think the choice is clear between Wedge and myself.

##Vote: Wedge

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-21-2012, 04:16 AM
Faris;3168601']I did help save Cid from dying when I revealed that he was Galuf's last target. I think the choice is clear between Wedge and myself.

Unless you're mafia and were trying, successfully as it would happen, to deprive Psy of my protection

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-21-2012, 04:20 AM
I don't know. Shit happens.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-21-2012, 04:23 AM
It's a compliment either way; either you did save Cid, who is town if you are, or you played me like a fiddle.

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 04:56 AM
Is this the lull point of the day where nothing happens?

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-21-2012, 05:15 AM
Some people haven't been on since the start of the game day.

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 05:55 AM
Blank was a slippery one. I'll give her that.

For instance, she voted Galuf on Day 1 once Sazh was in the lead, a clever way to keep them from being linked.

Blank also had some interesting exchanges with Leila on Day 2, but it's too much to quote. At first they both voted for Yuffie, but then Leila quickly unvoted after getting pressured by Noctis. Then Blank switched her vote to Leila.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-21-2012, 06:18 AM
Faris;3167279']
I've been tracking Galuf actually since Night 1 if he would strike again. For some reason, I didn't get a result on Night 2, but it turned out I did get one on the night he was killed, surprisingly. He targeted Cid.

I just realized that Faris did not see what Galuf did on night 2 and the reason was more than likely because the Mafia made an effort to role block him so they could poison Noctis unhindered. It takes 2 days for the poison to kick in and the person dies on the 2nd night meaning that since last night was night 4 then 2 nights before that was night 2. Cid is still in danger because he was visited by Galuf on night 3 and tonight will be 2 nights later as it will be night 5.

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 06:29 AM
Wedge;3168639']
Faris;3167279']
I've been tracking Galuf actually since Night 1 if he would strike again. For some reason, I didn't get a result on Night 2, but it turned out I did get one on the night he was killed, surprisingly. He targeted Cid.

I just realized that Faris did not see what Galuf did on night 2 and the reason was more than likely because the Mafia made an effort to role block him so they could poison Noctis unhindered. It takes 2 days for the poison to kick in and the person dies on the 2nd night meaning that since last night was night 4 then 2 nights before that was night 2. Cid is still in danger because he was visited by Galuf on night 3 and tonight will be 2 nights later as it will be night 5.
That doesn't work because according to Faris, Galuf targeted Quistis on night 1, and she died on night 2. So that's one day to take effect. Noctis more likely died by a Mafia Ninja. Since we have a Tracker in play, a Ninja makes sense since they can't be tracked.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-21-2012, 06:39 AM
Yup, sorry, it almost made sense to me. :(

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 06:50 AM
I'm going to try and make sense of all the kills now.

Night 1
Laguna - Serah was targeted by Yuffie for a kill, but Laguna was killed. Since it was Night 1 Laguna likely protected himself. The probable scenario is that the Bus Driver swapped Laguna and Serah, Serah got protection while Laguna got the bullet. That also explains why Serah never got a 'report' from Wedge.
I'm going to assume the mafia has two kills, the poison and a night kill. Or there are two mafias. Or mafia and SK. The other deaths don't make sense otherwise. On this night, one killer tried to shoot Nocits while Galuf poisoned Quistis.

Night 2
Quistis - Died of Galuf's poison
Serah - No clue. Standard mafia hit?
Kain - Again no clue.
Quina - Too many unexplained deaths this day for there to not be at least two killers out there.

Night 3
Galuf - This one is the hardest of all to explain. We have a vig (standard vig and daytime vig? seriously?) or something else is afoot. It's not a Paranoid Gun Owner, since we know he targeted Cid (assuming Faris is truthful). Rydia targeted Cid on Night 4 and lived to tell the tale.
How did one scum die this night and no town? So the mafia used their hit to poison Cid. Fine. But this night is sandwiched between nights with 4 and 3 deaths. Doesn't make any sense! Someone must have tried for Noctis again but why would the mafia try the same thing twice?

Night 4
Noctis - My guess here is Mafia Ninja. There are no Mafia Goons remember, so Ninja is a likely role they have.
Yuffie - I think the "second killer" killed Yuffie.
Refia - ?????

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 06:51 AM
Going on the theory that there is a SK or Vig out there, then that explains Galuf, Yuffie, and one of the Night 2 deaths. But it doesn't explain the 4th death on Night 2 or what happened to that Spy Refia.

And it doesn't really help much going forward. :monster:

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-21-2012, 06:58 AM
If Cid was a PGO, I'd also have died night one, since I tried to protect him then as well.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-21-2012, 06:58 AM
Could there be Masons with a killing role?

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 07:01 AM
Too many people in this game who are semi-active but staying out of the main discussions. Looking at you, Leon, Setzer, Relm. Penelo. At least one of you is scum. Fess up!

And get Psychotic to replace smurfing Rikku already.

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 07:04 AM
Rydia;3168647']Could there be Masons with a killing role?
Shoot, that would be a powerful town faction. Maybe too powerful. A town-killer could have killed Galuf for sure, and possibly Kain, but who on Night 3? Refia? That still leaves 1 unexplained.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-21-2012, 08:11 AM
Biggs;3168648']Too many people in this game who are semi-active but staying out of the main discussions. Looking at you, Leon, Setzer, Relm. Penelo. At least one of you is scum. Fess up!

I already told you which one. 32 times.

[M] Apollo
11-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Biggs;3168648']Too many people in this game who are semi-active but staying out of the main discussions. Looking at you, Leon, Setzer, Relm. Penelo. At least one of you is scum. Fess up!

And get Psychotic to replace smurfing Rikku already.

Sorry, my mind is just rather out of it, but I'm reading through for something that stands out which hasn't already been brought up. I know it sounds slack, but I'm trying to make sense of all of this.

At the moment I'm still uncomfortable with the lack of Rikku and Luneth (why did you bring up Rikku and not Luneth?), but that's not going on much.

If there's anyone online I'm up for questions/discussion, so please ask me questions/my opinion on any events. In the mean time I'll read through to find more.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
11-21-2012, 12:04 PM
I post when I can, and try to make the best posts I can with the information I have at those times. :p I am free to post lots today, but I get the feeling I will be the only one awake for a good few hours.

Rydia;3168487']the "One down ??? to go" copypasta

Sure thing, boss. :up: There is no way for me to defend against using a common term. xD I got nothing. :p

the alarm he exhibited at my statement about Galuf's role.

When Galuf's role came up as Poisoner, I went to check out what it was on the mafia wiki - hadn't seen it in use before, curious about what exactly it did. When you had more information than what was readily available, it either meant that Galuf told you the details his role, or you were the Apothecary. The latter of which I am willing to believe is the case.

Obligatory "whatchu talkin' 'bout?" done. On to further business.

I wish we knew more about what the spy's role was in this particular game. Seems that the role can vary from game to game. Does she know who the mafia are? I am trying to see if I can pick up anything from Refia's posts - especially her most recent list of suspects. However, her list is a bit bizarre.

Refia;3167753'][M] Leon - Pops in, says a fair bit, and vanishes. I don't get too much scum vibes from him though.

[M] Setzer - Pops in, then out, does 1 or 2 semi long posts in a day then vanishses again. I get a scum vibe from him though, like he's trying to fly under the radar.

[M] Luneth - I don't have much of an opinion on him for similar reasons to Leila.

[M] Rikku - Basically non-existent. But I get scum vibes off her complete lack of showing up.

[M] Penelo - A little dubious of her, but I don't get scum vibes at all.

Two examples of people doing the exact same thing, yet one of them is scum and the other is not. Especially when it comes to the inactives - Rikku has posted more than Luneth, yet is

[M] Al - Biker Dad
11-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Whoops. Accidentally posted. ._. I will continue my thoughts.

[M] Apollo
11-21-2012, 12:16 PM
I have the same thing highlighted about Refia in the post I was about to post just now. I thought the inconsistency was a bit odd. Initially I put it down to either buddying up to certain members (obvious naive townies), or that she just got different vibes from different people. If only her alignment were a little clearer...

Anyway, big post coming :p

[M] Apollo
11-21-2012, 12:17 PM
Here, have a useful tally...

[M] Wedge (3) - Penelo, Faris, SELFVOTE
[M] Leila (2) - Balthier, SELFVOTE
[M] Relm (2) - Biggs, SELFVOTE
[M] Setzer (2) - Rydia, <strike>Penelo</strike>, SELFVOTE
[M] Penelo (1) - Wakka
[M] Wakka (0) - <strike>Biggs</strike>

So personally I'd like to, again, point out the lack of replacement of many members, despite having many eligible dead townies (Del can't be the replacement every time...), but everyone is now keen on targeting actives, what's the deal? I'd vote for Luneth again (or Cid, or Rikku), but that didn't make anything happen last time, so why bother?

So. Let's look at Wedge and Faris, our two revealers. I've found Faris to be a little off the whole time. Nothing overly specific, just bad vibes, but that's nothing to lynch on. Her constant trumpeting that she saved Cid is a little concerning though.

Faris;3168408']Well that was something else!

I'm glad to see Cid managed to make it through last night.

Faris;3168601']Wedge and I should have been gone, but it seems that either one or both of us could be scum. But first, let's take a look at our roles, I happen to be a Tracker, and Wedge has some sort of investigative powers but doesn't know his results, only the people he sends the report to. The mafia would have targeted Wedge the moment on the night following the moment he revealed his role... maybe it was convenient that he stuck around to distract town with false hopes allowing mafia to get what they want. What about me? All I know is who a person targeted, and nothing else, and I did help save Cid from dying when I revealed that he was Galuf's last target. I think the choice is clear between Wedge and myself.

Faris;3168459']I want to suggest that it's possible that we may have a 2nd doctor who could heal the poisoned, so we may have just saved Cid from dying by poison if it weren't for me.

Faris;3168537']Leila's claim is a little hard to believe. I'm either not sure if she knows whether she's insane or paranoid, especially hard to take that all her results were either guilty or not available. I do however believe Rydia, because based by what she's saying, she saved Cid last night from the poisoning by Galuf on the night I last tracked him.

Either she's real proud of that and is reaffirming her usefulness to town. Or is scum reaffirming her usefulness to town.
Again, it's not much, but it really irked me. Ok you saved Cid, but hey, maybe you took the attention off Noctis or someone else who did get the poison. Do we actually have any proof that Cid was targetted? (where is Cid anyway?)

As for Wedge, I really don't know. The guy has had too many chances and has been wayyy too 'unlucky', but this is a mindsmurf, so anything is possible. His aggressiveness towards Serah on the second day was either really ballsy, or a legitimate belief. If it is a charade, he's done a good job of fooling us all for so long, but it just seems insanely risky to do such a thing. If he is town, it is such a potentially useful role, which has really gone to waste :/
Given the size of the pool, you'd expect there to be an investigative role like this, but is there another, and this is the bluff? Gah, I don't know...

[M] Apollo
11-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Feel free to continue your thoughts :cry:

[M] Al - Biker Dad
11-21-2012, 01:19 PM
...Yet Luneth is given the all clear? Same with Penelo - she and Rikku only posted on day 1, but Penelo is fine for some reason. I just wish we knew what Refia knew - the fact that she was entirely convinced that Blank was town (not even slightly suspicious despite the many things that had popped up on Day 4) makes me think she knew something about the mafia. I dunno. I feel that there could be something in her list, but I also feel like I'm grasping at something that's not quite there.
I understand the idea of different vibes - for example between Leon and I you'd be able to get different feelings due to our different posting styles. However, three inactives with one of them scum and the other two not, despite nothing being posted? I just don't get it. I feel that there is some defence going on or something. Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

Yuffie was jumped on by Relm at some point yesterday, for what she said on Day 2 regarding voting. This was after Biggs had made some comments about Yuffie's defence of Galuf. Perhaps a little bit of piggy-backing off another claim to try and get attention off the Godfather? Refia also followed suit - but again without more knowledge of her role it's difficult to tell if this even means anything.

Wedge: seriously? Again? Insane bad luck. But the entire thing is shifty. As has been pointed out, it is surprising you have not been taken out by the mafia yet - maybe they're getting too much of a laugh out of your failed attempts to do anything, or this was all just an elaborate ruse. At this point I'm not even sure if I'm entirely convinced you're scum, and am just instead exasperated at your consistent lack of results.

I am inclined to believe Faris' roleclaim at this point, and with that Rydia's. Cid however, does not get off so easy. Perhaps he was the SK/Vig, and we have just saved him? Who can say? I have no basis for this claim, by the by, I just don't think we should write out Cid as a suspect just because he was targeted by the mafia.

Wakka. Can't even get the remotest grip on this guy, so many posts, so little... anything. It's pretty scummy, but there's always someone who I feel is more scummy. Guess this is the definition of "under the radar". :p

Leila's claim. I am unsure about it, but I don't know why a mafia would claim to be a cop who seemingly only gets guilty results.

Penelo has been interesting today.

Penelo;3168494']Hell, I've been more productive than (Wedge) has and I didn't even turn up due to important educational stuff.
Uh huh. Wedge, who has posted every day - despite not having anything of value for us due to his perhaps unfortunate circumstances, has been less productive than someone who spammed up in Day 1 then never came back. It is obviously an attempt to make sure we all know she is taking part and is a good town because of this.Possible rookie player trying too hard? I don't feel that it sways her to either town or scum, because there is so little to go on.

I think this is all I've got for now. =/ I will read through one more time and post again if something pops up, along with a provisional(?) vote.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
11-21-2012, 01:19 PM
I take too long to make my posts. xD

[M] Mom – Host
11-21-2012, 01:45 PM
You guys are dipshits. Seriously. Sometimes I worry about you, kupo.

IMPORTANT NOTES FOR DIPSHITS:

Yuffie died. She was not modkilled. Modkills have a special note saying "I KILLED x BECAUSE THEY'RE DICKS." Although in a mindsmurf I might think to leave that off. Maybe. But not this time.

Spy is town aligned. You.. you guys and your fucking colours man. I seriously. I MADE IT NON-RED SO YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND. Spy is an investigative type role. MAFIA SPY would be red and have Mafia in front of it so you poor saps can figure it out.

I seriously man.

Here:
[M] Wedge (2) - Penelo, Faris
[M] Setzer (1) - Rydia, Penelo
[M] Penelo (1) - Wakka
[M] Leila (1) - Balthier
[M] Relm (1) - Biggs
[M] Wakka (0) - Biggs

You can get your own damn time count, smurfing hell :mog:

[M] Mom – Host
11-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Diptrouts is the best term.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
11-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Alright then. Sheesh, touchy much? :p

Will need to rethink everything regarding Refia then.

[M] Mom – Host
11-21-2012, 02:02 PM
You need to lighten up Setzer. Come have a drink and relax. It's all a big joke, ya know? Oh god I'm actually Wakka the whole time. IT IS ALL A SET UP.

Seriously though, I am just manic tired because you guys are all crazy crazy and making me sleep weird. Hang ten and that. I dunno.

You've got 9.5 hours to go~

[M] Al - Biker Dad
11-21-2012, 02:23 PM
I knew it. Vote Stiltz, everyone! It's cool though, thanks for all your hard work an trout. :)

Right then. Refia, confirmed town with some kind of investigative role. She has been trying to call Rikku out for a while now (there was a vote cast on Day4, which seemed to come out of nowhere). Investigation into Rikku, perhaps, led to the scum accusation in Refia's list? There is no other reason I can think of that would explain Rikku being scum despite posting about as much as Penelo and Luneth.

With that, I think

##Vote: Rikku

However, this also means we have to carefully consider everyone Refia called out as mafia - 3/4 of them could be the result of investigations.

[M] Colette
11-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Hello everyone. I'm really sorry that I haven't been active enough as I've been really busy with school... I hope to change that. I am also sorry if I delayed any night actions. I will try to contribute some thoughts:

I think I will believe Leila's claim for the time being, though I don't know why she would claim. I do not know why Biggs would claim Vengeful Townie, either. He was not being pressured or questioned at any point. The only thing this claim does is make people not want to lynch Biggs, similar to a bomb or beloved princess claim. The interesting difference is that Leila is copping heat for her claim and nobody has said much about Biggs. Why is that?

Does anybody not just think that Wedge's reports... kill... people? I don't know how many coincidences with victims dying I am willing to believe. I think he's either an inadvertent murderer or an intentional one who is lying. I think this situation is not going to resolve itself unless we know what Wedge actually is - it is going to keep rearing its head every day.

What has Wedge actually said apart from his reports? I know I am not one to point fingers about this, but to explain, Wedge has contributed more posts than me but has not actually said very much in them. He has used this reports thing as a crutch and I do not even know why he claimed in the first place.

[M] Colette
11-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Oh yeah I'm pretty happy to stick a vote down on Wedge

##vote: Wedge

In mafia, there is no such thing as a coincidence!

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 02:48 PM
I had two good reasons for claiming when I did.

1. I wanted to mess with Psychotic's head a bit because he said his goal this whole game was to lynch me (which didn't work since he's bulletproof and could never have shot him anyway).
2. This one is a secret but it really it only affects the mafia.

But go ahead and vote me if you want, Luneth. If I go I'll get to use my ability and also get out of this crazy town. Win win.

You've talked about myself and Wedge, what do you think of the rest?

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Wedge, what is the name of your role? Please post the name. I did not believe Yuffie until she posted Jack of All Trades and it was that post that finally convinced me and caused the day to end up like it did.

I'm seriously considering calling for everyone to roleclaim and then we try to find the mafia by sifting out the BS roles. We're running out of time and we're losing useful roles left and right without the players having a chance to actually use them for the good of the town (see: Spy).

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Something I missed earlier.

Leila;3168469']
Why investigate Noctis and not yourself. Sure, Noctis went after Blank and she flipped scum so he could hardly be on her team, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a SK or some other variety. But you know for a fact that you are town so it's a 100% guarantee of knowing if you are Paranoid or Insane?

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Here's what I don't like. I don't like Wakka and Leila's vote switch to Yuffie at the end of Day 4 once the votes were stacking up for Blank. It smells bad. Real bad.

[M] Apollo
11-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Ok. I'm going to bed, but I promised myself I would vote before I slept.
Thank you Stiltz for confirming Refia for us. Made more sense with the mindsmurf.
In case anyone missed it before. Here is the link I posted (http://wiki.sc2mafia.com/en/index.php/Spy).
Given the possibilities that this presents, it would appear that the spy can read anonymous night actions.

This means that Refia may have had four nights of understanding what was going on around the place. Not sure if its all messages (unlikely), or if it's a targeted understanding of particular night actions. (though the page does mention it being anonymous. Though who knows how it's set up this time...)

Regardless, here is Refia's summary of thoughts on everyone (http://home.eyesonff.com/wonder-square/146626-anniversary-mafia-game-thread-day-five-mysteries-everywhere-21.html#post3167753).
The most notable of these, from I can see would be...

Refia;3167753'][M] Wedge - Pending on some of what Wedge comes out with on his reports, I'm thinking scum. There's some things that just bother me about night actions (or lack there of).

Given Refia's role, the specific mention of Wedge's lack of night actions is quite notable.
Am I reading into this too much?
I'm quite inclined to vote Wedge due to this. If I do, Wedge will be at 5 votes (including selfvote), right?
I don't want to bandwagon, but I don't have any other leads...

For now I will go with Wedge, but I'll try to be back in the morning.

[M] Colette
11-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Biggs;3168745']I had two good reasons for claiming when I did.

1. I wanted to mess with Psychotic's head a bit because he said his goal this whole game was to lynch me (which didn't work since he's bulletproof and could never have shot him anyway).
2. This one is a secret but it really it only affects the mafia.

But go ahead and vote me if you want, Luneth. If I go I'll get to use my ability and also get out of this crazy town. Win win.

You've talked about myself and Wedge, what do you think of the rest?I'm still doubtful but I can accept it if you wanted to mess with someone. The unusual role claim aside you have been helping the town so I will not be voting for you today.

The rest of the town:-

Setzer seems to be town. He has made a lot of solid posts and provided good insight. I also think the same of Leon and Rydia. I also think Leila is town for now.

Wakka has not done much good. You commented on his vote for Yuffie but I also find his other votes interesting. He voted for Noctis for being irritating and today he has voted for Penelo who has been inactive. To put this in other words he has voted for people who are unlikely to be actually lynched for very poor reasoning.

Penelo has been busy like myself but I think today will let me get a better handle on her. Cid has also not been around much. With these two I do not know if it is a mafia tactic or what. I know I am not in a position to cast judgment onto inactive players so I will understand if others think the same of me.

Balthier has been a little odd, coming in and out without saying too much wrong or drawing too much attention. He also hid behind Noctis in the Blank vote.

Relm hasn't said very much apart from hunting Yuffie. With Yuffie gone Relm is one to keep an eye on today.

Faris is someone who I just don't know about. Her claim seems believable but there is something not quite right with how she acts.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Biggs;3168758']Something I missed earlier.

Leila;3168469']
Why investigate Noctis and not yourself. Sure, Noctis went after Blank and she flipped scum so he could hardly be on her team, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a SK or some other variety. But you know for a fact that you are town so it's a 100% guarantee of knowing if you are Paranoid or Insane?
I had no idea that I could do that.

Biggs;3168760']Here's what I don't like. I don't like Wakka and Leila's vote switch to Yuffie at the end of Day 4 once the votes were stacking up for Blank. It smells bad. Real bad.
Sorry, forgot to bathe. Let me remind you: first night I investigated Yuffie she came up Guilty, so I assumed she was guilty.

Alright kids, got my results back for Noctis... GUILTY. So either Faris and Wedge are innocent or I'm useless paranoid!

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Although the delayed reaction is suspicious, it does fit in with Jiro forgetting to give Yuffie a result as well.

Jiro probably assumed that since Noctis died a result should not be given, and maybe he changed his mind later. Or he just plain forgot because you know, it's Jiro.

For now I'll believe the claim. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if Leila ever gets an Innocent result.

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 05:02 PM
Leila;3168801']
Biggs;3168760']Here's what I don't like. I don't like Wakka and Leila's vote switch to Yuffie at the end of Day 4 once the votes were stacking up for Blank. It smells bad. Real bad.
Sorry, forgot to bathe. Let me remind you: first night I investigated Yuffie she came up Guilty, so I assumed she was guilty.
That fits your story well, but on Day 2 you had that information too and you ended up changing your vote from Yuffie. Why did you do that?

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Biggs;3168825']
Leila;3168801']
That fits your story well, but on Day 2 you had that information too and you ended up changing your vote from Yuffie. Why did you do that?
By the end of the day a vote on her was useless.

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 05:16 PM
So far Wedge has 5 votes with the self vote. The next highest is 2 for Relm with her self vote. Everyone else has 1 or less.

The town power roles in this game have been pretty useless with the exception of Faris. I guess Rydia too if he actually saved Cid. Wedge has been the least useful at all, without a SINGLE result being revealed in the thread. It all sounds stacked up for Wedge. But this one post always gets me:

Wedge;3166058']What?!?! Laguna is dead?!?! You have some explaining to do now, don't you, Serah! You think I'm going to sit idly by when the doctor comes up dead after you received a special investigative report!?!?! I was willing to blow myself up to protect the world from Shinra, and I'm willing to risk my life on the line to expose you! What have you to say for yourself, Mafia scum!!!

##Vote: Serah
It comes out of the blue. No heat was on Wedge or Serah at this point. Why would a mafia do this? Is there a Mafia Cop who found out Serah was a Governor? Then shoot the Governor. Putting this post out there just doesn't make sense from a scum perspective.

That said, Wedge has been pretty much ueless with the use of his role. That may not be his fault and he may be playing us for fools, but I think someone else is actually playing us.

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Leila;3168826']By the end of the day a vote on her was useless.
Why? Can you refresh my memory? I wasn't very active on that day.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-21-2012, 05:22 PM
Votes were originally spread between Yuffie and Blank. I forget who they were going towards at the end, I think Refia and Serah :confused:, before the Gladiator mess.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-21-2012, 05:23 PM
In all honesty, a useless vote (a single vote) doesn't help the town progress towards a final decision.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
11-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Biggs;3168829']That said, Wedge has been pretty much ueless with the use of his role. That may not be his fault and he may be playing us for fools, but I think someone else is actually playing us.

I know what you mean. As I said before, I'm no longer sure whether I actually think Wedge is scum or whether I'm just frustrated that this power role has been nigh on useless to us the entire game. =/

On Day 2 the votes were starting to pile onto Balthier towards the end IIRC, and then the gladiator challenge occurred which was a whole lot of mess and madness.

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Speaking of that, here's Setzer's response during that mess:

Setzer;3166611']This is cruel. :p Sorry Serah.

##unvote: Leila
##vote: Serah
That's it. No questioning of validity of the Gladiator claim, when many others were wtf at that time. Almost like he assumed Quistis was telling the truth since he had prior knowledge of where everyone's allegiance lied.

My vote is on Relm and will stay that way. Relm has escaped scrutiny much so far, yet she hasn't done anything to prove herself at all. Did she vote Blank? Nope. Did she suspect Galuf? Nope. She just posts random pictures. Then there's the whole "Day Kill" thing that really sits bad in my stomach. Why has Relm escaped our watch?

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 05:42 PM
I also want to say that absent her cop claim, I actually suspect Leila the most. So if you are mafia trying to trick us with a bogus Paranoid Cop claim (easy for mafia to claim since you get the same result for everyone), good for you.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-21-2012, 06:04 PM
:lol: oh yes, I am sooooo mafia, I'll even self vote instead of drawing attention to another person. That's what they do, right? Try to get themselves killed? :greenie:

Leila;3168551']By all means, take me out and waste a day :aimkiss:

I'm going back to work.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
11-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Yeah. I... have nothing to defend myself in that regard. :p I honestly got caught up in the moment, it was too crazy at the time not to believe. Serah was insisting that people vote for her because she had it under control. I never got the impression Serah was scummy, so I put faith in her words. Lapse in judgement? Definitely, I will admit that.

Regarding Relm... It is probably because there is always something more going on, which always distracts us from the smaller things that occur. The only post (that I can find, right now) with any substance she has made was the one in which she campaigned against Wedge and Yuffie, ending with a vote for Yuffie mainly for her commentary on voting on Day 2. Not a mention of Blank, and as I said previous - this could have been an attempt to swing the attention off him. However, Noctis was relentless. xD

Hmm. I'll think on this some more. I may switch my vote to Relm before the day is out. Rikku's scum accusation from Refia has me curious, but it may be able to wait until we have more information (if Rikku ever posts. Sigh.).

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Here's the issue. If Wedge is scum then good job. But if he isn't then the mafia doesn't really have to do anything for the rest of the day since he has such a big lead. For people to talk the pressure must be on. Look at Blank. Only posted when under pressure.

If it's the decision to kill him then fine. I mean, Cop, Spy, Tracker, Jack of All Trades, that's already a lot of investigative abilities. He's also never told us the name of the role which usually happens during a roleclaim. He's fishy. Definitely. But I'd rather we post some more and get more thoughts out there because if we wrong we could potentially lose two or three more townies tonight and be in real bad shape.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Melenkurion abatha, I just realized something.

Blank told me to protect Cid. And I still did it.

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Do you think you were being played? That would make Faris scum.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Also Stiltz: If you want to call me a diptrout for failing to check who besides Faris wanted me to save Cid, fair enough, but if you get to call me a diptrout for calling Spy "typically a mafia-aligned role" when the only role list I had that wasn't blocked called it verbatim "typically a mafia-aligned role," then I get to call you a horse-feltcher for that ridiculous pom-pom on your head.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Biggs;3168857']Do you think you were being played? That would make Faris scum.

Agreed that if I was played (and as a first-time player I'd be an obvious person to try to fool) that would make Faris scum, but I don't buy Setzer's evasion.

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Setzer;3168852']Hmm. I'll think on this some more. I may switch my vote to Relm before the day is out. Rikku's scum accusation from Refia has me curious, but it may be able to wait until we have more information (if Rikku ever posts. Sigh.).
I don't think Rikku's coming. Voting out a complete inactive won't hurt us as bad, but Rikku painted a big target on herself on Day 1 and I wouldn't expect a mafia to do that.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-21-2012, 07:20 PM
As guilty as I look because of my inability to handle this role, which according to the mafia wiki is called an amnesiac cop, doesn't mean I am, and if you lynch me you are going to find this out tonight. I would like to contribute more than my ineffectual ability especially if this is my last day to play but sadly, I'm quite befuddled. I've been thinking a lot about Faris' tracking myself, obviously from earlier post when I was trying to fit the no results piece of the puzzle with the bulletproof townie being night killed piece. However, I can't really see the Mafia sacrificing their poisoner when it gives them the opportunity to take two townies out every other night, so if Faris was scum why would she sell out her partner? I know that scum will sometimes sell out one of their own to keep town off their trail, but why one that allowed you the ability to take out more townies? It doesn't make sense to me at all.

Also I need to get rid of my self vote:

##Vote: [M] Setzer

You ask why the mafia hasn't taken me out yet but I think the answer is pretty obvious: Why waste a night kill on me when you can point out my ineffectualness as a reason for town to lynch me?

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Any reason for Setzer other than self-preservation?

You say the Mafia Wiki calls it Amnesiac Cop. But what do you call it?

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Why are you asking me to be very specific about what my role is called? You did this to Yuffie yesterday too and she's dead now. In the very first Mafia game I played there was serial killer role that allowed that player to kill anyone who divulged their specific role name. This condition on killing could explain away why there was only 1 kill on nights 1 and 3 seeing as nobody divulged there roles on day 1 and day 3 was spent mourning Quina. I am not going to let you save me from the lynch, only to kill me tonight:

##Unvote: Setzer
##Vote: Biggs

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-21-2012, 07:53 PM
Damn it:

##Unvote: [M] Setzer
##Vote: [M] Biggs

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-21-2012, 07:54 PM
All of the other votes have gone through without the [M] tags....why the correction?

[M] Al - Biker Dad
11-21-2012, 08:05 PM
That is an interesting theory Wedge. Did Yuffie definitely reveal her role title yesterday?

And so I do not forget,

##Unvote
##Vote: Relm

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-21-2012, 08:08 PM
I tend to be anal about stupid crap like that, it's a personality flaw, not a role character flaw. Yes she did, she not only stated what her role was she posted verbatim what her role pm was.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-21-2012, 08:09 PM
I don't think she outright claimed her role, but she did claim to have done several actions. She claimed to have killed Laguna, or at least that's what I've read, target several others in the other nights, though I'm not what she said who and what she did, I would have to look back to check, but I'm way too lazy to do that at the moment.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-21-2012, 08:15 PM
Yuffie;3167920']I am only wasting your time if you are looking for more abilities. The rifle really was via Vincent. The other abilities, two, were the Stakeout which involved a description of a cereal box badge and caution tape from a store, and the Investigate which was trash-rooting. I didn't want to admit I've ran out of extra actions because I would have preferred the mafia to worry. I am the Jack of all trades. :(

Here is the post.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
11-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Wedge;3168902']Yes she did, she not only stated what her role was she posted verbatim what her role pm was.

Ah yes, I remember now. Right at the end of the day, that's where the worry of the modkill came from. And then also that post you just quoted.

It is an interesting thought, but Faris roleclaimed and she managed to make it through numerous days. Why did she survive?

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 08:27 PM
I ask people for the name because usually you can deduce if they are lying based on the name and the other roles that have been revealed. I was not even aware that in a past mafia game the SK needed people to divulge the full name of the role before he could kill them. That's a tough job. How would a moderator even keep track of that?

Yuffie was being wishy washy about her role which is why I pressed her further for the name. Sometimes I can spot a phony baloney role name given the details about what actions they took.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-21-2012, 08:28 PM
Wedge;3168912']
Yuffie;3167920']I am only wasting your time if you are looking for more abilities. The rifle really was via Vincent. The other abilities, two, were the Stakeout which involved a description of a cereal box badge and caution tape from a store, and the Investigate which was trash-rooting. I didn't want to admit I've ran out of extra actions because I would have preferred the mafia to worry. I am the Jack of all trades. :(

Here is the post.

Yikes, I must have missed that, since it wasn't color coded or bolded. Sorry~

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Setzer;3168915']
Wedge;3168902']Yes she did, she not only stated what her role was she posted verbatim what her role pm was.

Ah yes, I remember now. Right at the end of the day, that's where the worry of the modkill came from. And then also that post you just quoted.

It is an interesting thought, but Faris roleclaimed and she managed to make it through numerous days. Why did she survive?
Did she ever say Tracker? I think she just said 'tracked'. That might not be enough.

There could be some merit to what you say. Quistis said Gladiator and Yuffie said Jack of All Trades. It would be a perfect role for a mindsmurf. But I find it hard to swallow because it would require Jiro to pay close attention to this thread looking for role names mentioned.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Setzer;3168915']

Yes, but she may not have given her specific role title which seems to be what Biggs is asking for. I have role claimed since day two but I have never given out my actual role name. Faris said she's a tracker but she didn't give out her specific role name either.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Wedge;3168928']
Setzer;3168915']

Yes, but she may not have given her specific role title which seems to be what Biggs is asking for. I have role claimed since day two but I have never given out my actual role name. Faris said she's a tracker but she didn't give out her specific role name either.

It is simply just "Tracker"

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Well there's that. No one else should probably give away their role title until we figure this out. I should have never asked. xD

What mafia was this bizarre twist used anyway?

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-21-2012, 08:43 PM
That's fine, I still have no reason to divulge my specific role title which you are all going find out in 3 hours anyway the way this is going. If you can't figure out that I've been telling the truth up to now then you will definitely know after I have been after the lynch.

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Unfortunately, your death doesn't help us much since no one has come forward with an investigation result. Are all the people you sent results to dead? Can you recap your actions for the first 4 nights?

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 08:49 PM
I've been thinking, and a SK of that nature doesn't make sense in this game. How would they kill the mafia? It's not like Galuf came out and said 'hey I'm Mafia Poisoner'.

I'm pretty sure there is a SK, but I doubt he or she needs people to divulge their roles to get shot. Just to impossible to win with that restriction.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-21-2012, 08:53 PM
The game was Mafia XIX and the theme was Persona 4. The role is called The Punisher and this is mindsmurf mafia so anything can be true.

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Unofficial vote count:

Wedge (4) - Penelo, Faris, Luneth, Leon
Relm (3) - Biggs, Setzer, SELF
Leila (2) - Balthier, SELF
Setzer (1) - Rydia, Penelo, Wedge
Penelo (1) - Wakka
Biggs (1) - Wedge
Rikku (1) - Setzer, SELF
Cid (1) - SELF
Wakka (0) - Biggs

Not voting: Rikku, Relm, Leila, Cid

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
11-21-2012, 09:05 PM
You as well now, Setzer? My little heart is shattering into a thousand pieces. All i've ever done is love you all and try to bring you happiness and this is how I am repaid. I don't know if I will ever get over this :(

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Hopefully you do get over it and soon enough to actually contribute something.

I also researched Punisher. What a ludicrous role. I'm pretty sure that's not in this game. Also that role allowed people to be killed even if they hinted at their real role, which would mean you're already fair game, Wedge.

[M] Colette
11-21-2012, 09:13 PM
I am not sure who I believe out of Biggs and Wedge but I'm sticking with Wedge for now. It is very funny to see those two accounts fighting! :p

There is something odd with Relm. She always posts drawings or how sad she is that people vote for her. There is a gimmick going on. I just don't know if it is part of her role or if she is doing it of her own accord.

[M] Colette
11-21-2012, 09:14 PM
To clarify:-

I mean I am sticking with a vote for Wedge.

I do agree with Biggs about Relm. Even if you do have a gimmick it would be nice for more contributions today. What do you think about Biggs and Wedge?

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
11-21-2012, 09:15 PM
What would you like me to contribute exactly, Biggs? Maybe slap a vote on someone because of a spot of indigestion? I'm afraid I wouldn't like to infringe on your gimmick. :redface:

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Just saying, I don't like the push to divulge now when I've been so forthcoming up to this point, if you were going to catch me in a lie you could have done it by now with 5 days worth of conversation.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Well 4, seeing as no one was talking Day 3.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
11-21-2012, 09:17 PM
I think I've made my stance on Wedge perfectly clear, and Biggs is an overrated hack desperately clawing to escape a certain all-consuming shadow. :aimkiss:

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Luneth;3168947']There is something odd with Relm. She always posts drawings or how sad she is that people vote for her. There is a gimmick going on. I just don't know if it is part of her role or if she is doing it of her own accord.
Hmmm...

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 09:19 PM
Relm;3168953']I think I've made my stance on Wedge perfectly clear, and Biggs is an overrated hack desperately clawing to escape a certain all-consuming shadow. :aimkiss:
Quite the opposite. The shadow is gone, and I am now wandering blind.

[M] Colette
11-21-2012, 09:20 PM
Relm;3168949']What would you like me to contribute exactly, Biggs? Maybe slap a vote on someone because of a spot of indigestion? I'm afraid I wouldn't like to infringe on your gimmick. :redface:It would be nice if you did vote for somebody!

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
11-21-2012, 09:23 PM
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/812/selfportraiti.jpg

[M] Colette
11-21-2012, 09:27 PM
:lol: nice picture! Gimmick or not, Relm is figuring quite high on my scum radar now. She is not my number 1, I am keen not to get caught up in the moment like many players seem to. There are still too many inconsistencies with Wedge for me to want to change votes. I am also keen not to forget that I still have heavy suspicions of Wakka even though he is not posting. I won't let him slip through so easily!

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-21-2012, 09:33 PM
Biggs;3168946']Hopefully you do get over it and soon enough to actually contribute something.

I also researched Punisher. What a ludicrous role. I'm pretty sure that's not in this game. Also that role allowed people to be killed even if they hinted at their real role, which would mean you're already fair game, Wedge.

Wait, no, this doesn't make me take my eye off you, in fact it makes me stare at you even harder. Why take out Faris or me when you can take out Noctis! After all, Noctis did plan a show down with you on Day 5, and we all know how good a play Psychotic is. Noctis all but shouted he was Bulletproof believing it would save him from being knight killed, but a serial killer doesn't use a gun and he more than hinted at his role.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
11-21-2012, 09:34 PM
I am geniunely confused as to why I am on anyones scum radar or indeed being voted for at all. About the only slight bit of weak reasoning anyone can have is that I went after yuffie from day 2 who ended up not flipping mafia as I'd hoped, and yeah I'll admit I made the wrong call, but it's not like I was the only one. The talented mr. Biggs over there made up half of my argument against her in the first place as I referenced in my own post, and I defy anyone to really go back and tell me I was unjustified in thinking she was scummy. Hell, Biggsy boy, you said yourself that yuffie was hella suspicious and had your vote on her up until the last possible minute when you flip flopped again, the reason being as I can best discern it simply that you wanted to continue your little game with Psy and nothing to do with Blank seeming any more suspicious than Yuffie. Sure town, and you, got lucky that blank flipped scum, but you and others were just as wary of her as I was :redface: other than that, I honestly don't have a clue other than everyone having Bigg's "gut feeling" indigestion, and there's nothing I can do about that poor reasoning anyway so, why should I worry? :shobon:

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Knight killed! I loled at myself :lol:

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
11-21-2012, 09:36 PM
p.s hey wedge while you're here why not give us the hot gossip from the mafia forum come on buddy don't hold out on us

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Relm darling, in two hours your are going to find out why I can't give you that gossip

[M] Adama
11-21-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm back from education stuff! And great, the day is still here. Finally.

While Relm is certainly annoying with her MS paint masterpieces, she certainly isn't my greatest concern. I think we need to get our priorities straight here. What has been our biggest mystery so far since day two?

Wedge and his reports. While we could try and lynch someone else, it's not going to solve anything because as someone else previously said (Can't remember who exactly), the mafia aren't going to kill him. By allowing Wedge to survive, were just dragging ourselves deeper into this convoluted mess rather than focusing on other issues.

If Wedge is some investigative mafia role, then great. But even if he flips town, were not exactly likely to get a report again now with his track record and he hasn't really contributed much to other discussions.

[M] Colette
11-21-2012, 09:41 PM
Biggs did come up with some very odd theories about Noctis being Mafia Godfather which we all now know were not true. He also roleclaimed to try to get traction in an attempt to threaten Noctis. I find it a little odd that he would keep targetting one of the town's strongest assets and trying to encourage a lynch against him. I appreciate there may be a forum rivalry between Psychotic and Del Murder but what if that is just a cover up - an excuse? Would you really lynch a good player who is a bulletproof townie just to settle an admin score?

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
11-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Sure you can buddy. I won't tell anyone, artist-fake townie confidentialty and all that. Just tell me the truth.

[M] Adama
11-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Luneth;3168971']Biggs did come up with some very odd theories about Noctis being Mafia Godfather which we all now know were not true. He also roleclaimed to try to get traction in an attempt to threaten Noctis. I find it a little odd that he would keep targetting one of the town's strongest assets and trying to encourage a lynch against him. I appreciate there may be a forum rivalry between Psychotic and Del Murder but what if that is just a cover up - an excuse? Would you really lynch a good player who is a bulletproof townie just to settle an admin score?

To be honest rivalries should mean nothing when your trying to help the bleeding town :mad2:

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 09:47 PM
I actually thought Noctis was part of a rival scum faction trying to take out his competition. Mafia Godfather and SK are also sometimes bulletproof. Also I really wanted that showdown and I would have never killed my boy Noctis. :(

I did suspect Blank. Go read my posts. My vote flip flopped between Yuffie and Blank all day because I suspected them both pretty equally. I stuck with Yuffie for a while because I felt Noctis had Blank handled and it's kind of grueling to have us both gang up on someone. In the end my grilling of Yuffie convinced me to change at the end of the day.

Relm, my vote is on you mainly because you were one of the final votes for Yuffie and you have been playing under the radar. Also poop.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
11-21-2012, 09:50 PM
I was the second person to vote yuffie and I stayed on her all day, and I started going after her on day 2. :redface: I don't really get how I've been going under the radar either, I've been posting pretty much most of the time I've been on apart from during the clusterfuck on day 2 when I had no idea what was going on and couldn't be bothered to join in.

all that said, I have no riposte for "poop", so well played.

[M] Adama
11-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Biggs, Balthier has also been flying under the radar, only stopping in mainly during day two. Balthier was dangerously close to getting lynched on that day, and now's he's been more quiet than he was; it seems to me like he is avoiding the board more.

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 09:51 PM
Penelo;3168973']
Luneth;3168971']Biggs did come up with some very odd theories about Noctis being Mafia Godfather which we all now know were not true. He also roleclaimed to try to get traction in an attempt to threaten Noctis. I find it a little odd that he would keep targetting one of the town's strongest assets and trying to encourage a lynch against him. I appreciate there may be a forum rivalry between Psychotic and Del Murder but what if that is just a cover up - an excuse? Would you really lynch a good player who is a bulletproof townie just to settle an admin score?

To be honest rivalries should mean nothing when your trying to help the bleeding town :mad2:
They mean everything! The point of this is to be entertained and we would have put on a good show. Up until Yuffie mentioning kevlar vests I was not convinced that Noctis wasn't a SK or Mafia Godfather going after the rival's SK or Godfather. Both roles are often night kill immune.

You should know by now that my MO involves flip flopping votes left and right. Keeps the mafia guessing. In the end if I didn't think Noctis was scum I wouldn't have voted for him.

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 09:54 PM
Penelo;3168984']Biggs, Balthier has also been flying under the radar, only stopping in mainly during day two. Balthier was dangerously close to getting lynched on that day, and now's he's been more quiet than he was; it seems to me like he is avoiding the board more.
Very true, however, Balthier voted for Blank and I think that buys him another day. He's certainly a viable under the radar candidate.

As are you! :eek:

[M] Adama
Since when? Petty rivalries distract the town from concentrating on finding mafia. While I'm sure the town would have loved a good show, I'm pretty sure trying to win is probably top priority right?

Besides, we have Relm's lovely drawings for entertainment.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
to further elaborate, there are 6 players still alive who have been here less than I have, although this will take me level with balthier, which leaves 5 players alive who have posted more than me, one of whom is Wakka and 90 of his posts have been "I'm going for dinner."

so yeah, you're full of it. well, that's what i'd like to say, but I've still got no come back for "poop", so. :(

[M] Colette
Biggs;3168985']They mean everything! The point of this is to be entertained and we would have put on a good show. Up until Yuffie mentioning kevlar vests I was not convinced that Noctis wasn't a SK or Mafia Godfather going after the rival's SK or Godfather. Both roles are often night kill immune.The point of this is to kill mafia. This does sound like a cover up to me. What would you have done after you lynched him and we found out he was town? Apologized for killing a valuable asset and asked for a free pass because he is your rival?

This doesn't sit right with me. Sorry, I know you are a good player and I feel uneasy accusing you. I just don't know.

[M] Adama
11-21-2012, 09:56 PM
Biggs;3168987']
Penelo;3168984']Biggs, Balthier has also been flying under the radar, only stopping in mainly during day two. Balthier was dangerously close to getting lynched on that day, and now's he's been more quiet than he was; it seems to me like he is avoiding the board more.
Very true, however, Balthier voted for Blank and I think that buys him another day. He's certainly a viable under the radar candidate.

As are you! :eek:

If anything, I'm flying more above the radar than I have previously, I never intended not to post anything for Days Two - Four, it just sort of happened due to life stuff.

I think someone said I posted roughly five times on Day One, no one can say I'm not posting today; I've been present for most of the day, sans the middle.

[M] Colette
11-21-2012, 10:00 PM
LOL :lol: I do not know if you have seen the discussion thread but Psycho is going PSYCHO about us lynching Biggs.

I don't know. Biggs is scummy but I am finding it hard to see past Wedge. Is Psycho usually wrong about this sort of thing? Not really.

[M] Adama
11-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Well this IS THE PSYCHO. Ordinarily, my chip implanted in the base of my spine would obey Psychotic without question, but Wedge's annoying reports are niggling me. It can't be coincidence that everyone has wound up dead from his reports. What he do, lace em with anthrax or something :p

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 10:02 PM
What happens when anyone lynches a town? You move on and try again. You also act like I would have had the power of 10 votes at my disposal. It would have taken more than just me to lynch him so I hope I wouldn't get the sole blame.

None of you know what this supposed 'showdown' would have been so stop assuming that I'm a scum by asking for it. Psychotic has unorthodox methods but he finds the mafia in the end. Who's to say this wouldn't have ended the same? Feel free to lynch me for my flip flopping and aggressive style, but please leave this stupid showdown alone because it is wasting time.

[M] Adama
11-21-2012, 10:04 PM
I don't really care how this "showdown" would have ended up, the mere fact that there was going to be some form of "showdown" when really we should be working together to fight the mafia is at best disconcerting.

Still, I'll keep my vote on Wedge. While I am highly suspicious of you Biggs, Wedge is more of a concern for me.

[M] Colette
11-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Biggs;3169005']None of you know what this supposed 'showdown' would have been so stop assuming that I'm a scum by asking for it. Psychotic has unorthodox methods but he finds the mafia in the end. Who's to say this wouldn't have ended the same? Feel free to lynch me for my flip flopping and aggressive style, but please leave this stupid showdown alone because it is wasting time.I disagree. I think the showdown you kept calling for is a key piece of evidence to your intentions. I am now concerned because you are trying to avoid discussion and deflect away from it.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-21-2012, 10:06 PM
I'm still not sure I buy Refia as town; Remember that report came from a neutral source. Is it neutral to scotch a false theory by town? Seems more likely that, this being mindsmurf mafia, someone has a role that can influence Stiltz.*

Sure that could be a townie influencing a reveal from the mod, but it could also be a mafia planting a red herring to throw off a valid conjecture.

*Sure it hasn't (to my knowledge, I still haven't read *all* of the walls of text as evinced by the fact that I am not sixty-four years old to have had that much time) happened in a game before, but this is mindsmurf, which is a perfect time to introduce never-before-seen roles.

I still want Setzer's head. If I can't have it in a lynch, well, we know there is at least one and possibly two night kill roles active aside from the Mafia's generic kill, so hopefully I can influence a town-aligned night killer.

[M] Adama
11-21-2012, 10:09 PM
Rydia;3169013'] someone has a role that can influence Stiltz.*

Wow, that's almost scary. How can a role do that?

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
11-21-2012, 10:10 PM
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3685/showdownb.jpg

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-21-2012, 10:10 PM
I don't know. It's not mine, and it's never before seen. It could be anything.

[M] Adama
11-21-2012, 10:12 PM
Well, between Relm's lovely picture and the mafia thread itself calling for his head, I'll tentatively go for it. I'm still not convinced, this is going better judgement probably...

##UNVOTE: [M] Wedge

##VOTE: [M] Biggs

[M] Adama
11-21-2012, 10:12 PM
I feel like now would be a great time to have a tally and time-check?

[M] Colette
11-21-2012, 10:13 PM
LOL Relm :lol: Classic!!!

Do you think somebody is trying to tell us to lynch Biggs? :p I know I said I would not get caught up in the moment but it is difficult.

[M] Adama
11-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Look, there's no complaining when Psychotic is pleading with you to vote. It's practically blasphemy!

[M] D'Anna
Luneth;3169011']I disagree. I think the showdown you kept calling for is a key piece of evidence to your intentions. I am now concerned because you are trying to avoid discussion and deflect away from it.
What more possible discussion would you want to have about a hypothetical event that never took place?

Did I save Blank? No. Was Noctis a cleared anything before Blank's lynch? No. So how can you blame me for trying to get into his head since he is such an influencial, and therefore dangerous, player?

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
The thread title was most likely changed by Psychotic, people.

[M] Adama
11-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Rydia;3169030']The thread title was most likely changed by Psychotic, people.

​Exactly.

Hollycat
11-21-2012, 10:15 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26958484.jpg

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 10:16 PM
I love how you guys were so concerned about this showdown yet are gleefully jumping right in now that it is going down anyway. :p

[M] Colette
11-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Okay, evidence against Biggs:

The roleclaim. Under no pressure, and a role nobody would want to lynch.
Trying to eliminate the best player for the town with weird theories.
Hiding behind this "showdown" idea and refusing to discuss it.

And, to be honest, if Wedge is telling the truth his role is more useful than a "vengeful townie". If you are one, feel free to target me.

##unvote: Wedge
##vote: Biggs

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
11-21-2012, 10:20 PM
god damnit I didn't want to bite but I saw the thread title and actually laughed. oh well. why the hell not. you're voting for me for bunk reasons anyway, so...

##vote Biggs

right back at ya, big guy. :shobon:

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Ok fine. This has taken up enough of my time. Of course I am not a Vengeful Townie. That's a dumb thing to claim and I only did it to keep the mafia guessing at my real role.

I am a Suspicious Townie. I have the ability to kill people who visit me at night. I see who visits me and I'm given the option to kill them. Last night I killed Refia. It's a one-time use though so I can't kill anyone else. The reason I killed Refia is because she voted Yuffie when it was between her and Blank and that was enough. I was very sure she had come to clear me which is also why I thought she was Mafia Spy at first.

BIG congrats to Psychotic for somehow lynching me from beyond the grave. You sick bastard. I hope you rep Rikku and get back in this because the town needs all the help it can get.

I'm laying down because I don't think Wedge is scum and I don't think anyone else will get enough votes. But, just in case.

##Unvote: Relm
##Vote: Setzer

Thanks for letting me play 3 times Jiro. I was a few hundred million Dels short, though.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-21-2012, 10:25 PM
I think we should all do what the thread title tells us, kiddies. The thread title is kind of important, no?

##Vote Biggs

[M] Colette
11-21-2012, 10:26 PM
The guy just admitted to lying about his role just to avoid being lynched. Come on now! :p I think, all joking aside, that we did the right thing.

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Some of you did. ;)

[M] Mom – Host
11-21-2012, 11:21 PM
Ten minutes. The thread title was not changed by the host and should be disregarded.

[M] Biggs (5) - Wedge, Penelo, Luneth, Relm, Leila
[M] Wedge (2) - Penelo, Faris, Luneth, Leon
[M] Setzer (2) - Rydia, Penelo, Wedge, Biggs
[M] Penelo (1) - Wakka
[M] Leila (1) - Balthier
[M] Relm (1) - Biggs, Setzer
[M] Wakka (0) - Biggs
[M] Rikku (0) - Setzer

[M] D'Anna
11-21-2012, 11:23 PM
By those people I mean the mafia who voted for me.

I don't care two trouts if you don't believe me right now, but you will in an hour.

For the record I believe Faris, Rydia, and Wedge's claims. The rest of you should all roleclaim tomorrow because you are running out of time. We all should have just roleclaimed from the beginning. In a mindsmurf that's probably the best way to get out of it.

It's kind of sad, on my part, that I took all this time and put all this analysis into this game only to die by the whim of Psychotic. Hopefully my posts will be useful to someone tomorrow and you all look at the past instead of just living in the moment.

Thanks again Jiro for letting me back in and B2K I'm sorry I killed you before you could make your big reveal post. Quina feels your pain. :(

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
11-21-2012, 11:30 PM
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/6929/teabagk.jpg

~uh, no.

[M] Mom – Host
11-21-2012, 11:30 PM
Biggs hung his head. He knew it was all over for him. All he ever wanted to do was avenge his beloved princess Quina. But now he was staring at the hangman's noose and there was nothing left to do. He turned to the crowd and gave his final words, urging them to succeed where he could not, and praying they would not lynch another townie.

As the platform fell, a single voice echoed in Biggs' head: There ain't no gettin' offa this train we're on.

[M] Biggs was a Suspicious Townie played by Raebus, replaced by Shattered Dreamer, and then replaced by Del Murder whereupon the first, last and every post in between was made. You can always rely on Del Murder to give a game of Mafia 100%. You're a bro, pa Murd.

Night begins now. 18 hours to get your night actions in. Don't delay.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-21-2012, 11:31 PM
Did Del Murder and Psy both just sub back in? O_O

[M] Mom – Host
11-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Also you know how you guys validated Psychotic by lynching Blank? You also validated him by lynching Biggs. You have made Psychotic an egomaniac the likes of which we have never seen.

Del Murder
11-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Assholes. ...:aimkiss:

[M] Mom – Host
11-22-2012, 11:02 PM
We all went to bed excited for the following day, kupo. Today is a day of many feasts and celebrations! Sadly, two won't be joining us in the festivities.

[M] Leila was an Insane Cop played by Faris.

[M] Setzer was a Mafia Ninja played by Shauna.

We mustn't let this ruin a good time though! :mog: Day begins now, and will continue for 31 hours. An extended day for an extended celebration. We're on like, Mars time now, baby. Kupo! :mog:

[M] Mom – Host
11-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Oh yeah. And with 11 players remaining, it takes 6 for a majority lynch. :mog:

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-22-2012, 11:15 PM
WHAT DID I TELL YOU?

[M] Anise
11-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Alrighty. I am a replacement Wakka. I will try not to get too distracted by dinner, games and that shiny thing outside. :p Maybe even, if I can, actually contribute.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-22-2012, 11:27 PM
Rightly to be great
Is not to stir without great argument,
But greatly to find quarrel in a straw
When honour's at the stake. How stand I then,
That have a father kill'd, a mother stain'd,
Excitements of my reason and my blood,
And let all sleep? while, to my shame, I see
The imminent death of twenty thousand men, 60
That, for a fantasy and trick of fame,
Go to their graves like beds, fight for a plot
Whereon the numbers cannot try the cause,
Which is not tomb enough and continent
To hide the slain? O, from this time forth,
My thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth!

[M] Colette
11-22-2012, 11:29 PM
Alright. Wedge and Faris, what do you have for us today?

A new Wakka! The old one was suspicious to me, new Wakka. I think it only fair you be given some time to show who you are before getting into any accusations though. I look forward to working with you :)

Wedge still features heavily in my thoughts. His report will be interesting. I wonder if it was sent to Setzer or Leila ;)

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-22-2012, 11:31 PM
Rydia;3169467']WHAT DID I TELL YOU?

Let's see... Blah blah blah blah. Setzer guilty. Blah blah blah blah. Lynch his ass. Blah blah blah. I think that sums it up quite well.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
11-22-2012, 11:39 PM
So who's left? People keep dying after I find them suspicious. Which is suspicious. I knew something was up with leila, insane it seems!

So we have:
Leon
Rydia
Wedge
Relm
Faris
Wakka
Luneth
And me! Right?

[M] Colette
11-22-2012, 11:40 PM
Balthier;3169482']So who's left? People keep dying after I find them suspicious. Which is suspicious. I knew something was up with leila, insane it seems!

So we have:
Leon
Rydia
Wedge
Relm
Faris
Wakka
Luneth
And me! Right?Cid, Rikku and Penelo too I think, though none have been very active.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-22-2012, 11:43 PM
Faris;3169480']
Rydia;3169467']WHAT DID I TELL YOU?

Let's see... Blah blah blah blah. Setzer guilty. Blah blah blah blah. Lynch his ass. Blah blah blah. I think that sums it up quite well.

Go on, poke the bear.

But ask yourself--who do you think killed Setzer?

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
11-22-2012, 11:44 PM
Two deaths last night with one being mafia almost confirms an sk in play. Those fuckers are the hard ones to find.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-22-2012, 11:49 PM
Leila is insane, right? Who did she investigated? If we look upon her investigations, we can determine who we should lynch today as scum.

[M] Adama
11-22-2012, 11:52 PM
Almost midnight here so I'll try my best with staying awake for awhile.

So who's left? People keep dying after I find them suspicious. Which is suspicious.

Yes, I find this highly suspicious as well. Almost as if there's someone out to get those people... you know, people we find suspicious.

That statement is intriguing, either your mafia and there's a partner who is killing those people you scope out on your radar as "suspicious". Or there's a clever serial killer trying to put blame on you.

Actually, the more I think about it, a Serial Killer trying to subtly place blame on us might be a given.

[M] Anise
11-22-2012, 11:52 PM
I don't think Leila got a single innocent claim, so as an insane cop that clears Wedge and Faris, if I am not mistaken?

[M] Adama
11-22-2012, 11:54 PM
She investigated Yuffie on Day One and got a guilty result, which is obviously not true now as she flipped JOAT town.

[M] Adama
11-22-2012, 11:56 PM
Leila;3168469']
Penelo;3168465']

What were the reasons?

Actually, here are all of em.

So, as things stand there, it was possible that she was paranoid, not insane. Now of course she is confirmed insane, and from what I understand her results are always randomised. She must have got loads of bad luck then for all her results to come back guilty.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-23-2012, 12:00 AM
Paranoid investigations return the opposite of the truth; if she'd investigated, say Setzer, he would have come up innocent.

*still smug*

[M] Adama
11-23-2012, 12:04 AM
Well, whatever flavour of cops that mean it always turns up guilty. I don't know! :roll2

[M] Anise
11-23-2012, 12:05 AM
Paranoid gets always guilty. Insane gets opposite. :)

[M] Anise
11-23-2012, 12:06 AM
I just looked up the MafiaScum wiki, so I'm not just pulling this outta nowhere. :p

[M] Adama
11-23-2012, 12:06 AM
Ah! See, I knew I was on the right lines! Thanks Wakka.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
11-23-2012, 12:09 AM
I'm at a turkey day thjng so i can't write too much out but, i find relm to be more than they appear. They were dead set on biggs yesterday even after he claimed. For now,

##vote: relm

[M] Adama
11-23-2012, 12:11 AM
Balthier;3169502']I'm at a turkey day thjng so i can't write too much out but, i find relm to be more than they appear. They were dead set on biggs yesterday even after he claimed. For now,

Last time I checked, Relm was just one person.

And besides, Biggs and his roleclaims weren't exactly innocent sounding. As Luneth said earlier, he roleclaimed only to avoid being lynched, and then he roleclaimed again. Besides, it wern't just Relm and Luneth; other people voted for Biggs as well so I would read too much into it. You do realise we were just following Psychotic for the hell of it?

[M] Colette
11-23-2012, 12:11 AM
Eep, sorry Leila! There has been so much going on over the past day that I forgot about your results! Sorry too Wedge.

If not Wedge then I think I turn to Wakka and Relm. As stated before, Wakka is new to the day so while I suspect, I'm still hesitant to push for a lynch yet. Relm has been flitting in and out, although it is interesting that Setzer, confirmed mafia, followed Del like a sheep and voted for Relm.

[M] Adama
11-23-2012, 12:13 AM
I am heavily anticipating Wedge's latest night report; with the amount of people dwindling, hopefully there won't be no more screw ups because of some unfortunate death or something like that...

[M] Colette
11-23-2012, 12:14 AM
Penelo;3169503']You do realise we were just following Psychotic for the hell of it?Speak for yourself! I wasn't. I mean, yes, I got caught up in it all a little, but I do still think there were genuine reasons for lynching Biggs and I posted those. The bogus roleclaim being the biggest.

[M] Adama
11-23-2012, 12:17 AM
I like how Luneth is passing me off for some manic character, just voting for people for the sake of Psychotic. Did Psychotic influence my decision to vote Biggs? Of course, but he was just the straw that broke the camel's back. I do remember saying that I was hesitant in voting Biggs for the first place due to my suspicions on Wedge. Psychotic's frantic posts in the discussion thread just gave me the extra conviction to change.

[M] Colette
11-23-2012, 12:20 AM
Well alright Penelo but you have to understand how it looks.

One of the reasons I suspected Del in the first place was because he was hiding behind "I MUST DUEL PSYCHOTIC TO THE DEATH! oops he's town, sorry :)" as a reason to pursue a townie. Someone saying "I MUST FOLLOW LORD PSYCHOTIC'S EVERY WORD! oops he's town, sorry :)" as justification for pursuing a townie too then there's a real mirroring.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
11-23-2012, 12:24 AM
I said they cause i dont know which game from is from and i don't know if from is male or female :( so i said they

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-23-2012, 12:24 AM
Wedge now has 2 confirmed townies to send reports to; Assume for now that he's town and put yourself in the mafia's :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou: Wedge, as a townie, would not risk sending his report to the mafia, so it will go to either Faris or Cid. That means the mafia can either get a 50% chance of stopping his report by taking out one of those two, or a 100% chance of stopping it by taking out Wedge himself.

Ergo, if Wedge is town, by lynching him we're freeing up the mafia to use their night kill to go after someone with a potentially more useful ability.

If he's mafia, a) he'll definitely be around tomorrow provided we don't waste a lynch; and b) either there will be no report or it will come from someone other than Faris or Cid. That would be something to go on.

I was right about the knave, and I'm right about this.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-23-2012, 12:25 AM
OK, filtering the word posit ion is really pissing me off.

[M] Adama
If I'm being honest alot of things in this game looks one thing but is actually another. This game is full of coincidences.

And what's with all the criticism on me! I wern't the only one who listened to Psychotic. Leila, as insane as she is, said:

Leila] I think we should all do what the thread title tells us, kiddies. The thread title is kind of important, no?

##Vote Biggs

It wasn't just me, is what I'm trying to say.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
Relm* sorry autocorrect

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-23-2012, 12:26 AM
also goddammit, forgot that Leila cleared Wedge.

[M] Adama
11-23-2012, 12:26 AM
Rydia]Ergo, if Wedge is town, by lynching him we're freeing up the mafia to use their night kill to go after someone with a potentially more useful ability

So Wedge is effectively a meat shield to defend the town? Interesting.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-23-2012, 12:28 AM
Main point is that Wedge is as good as dead anyways if we don't have a protective role.

[M] Adama
11-23-2012, 12:29 AM
Hang on, what roles are actually KIA?

I'll get a list in a second. Bear with.

[M] Adama
11-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Stiltzkin;3164734']

Accounts in Play
[M] Noctis - Killed, Night 4 - Bullet Proof Townie played by Psychotic.
[M] Wedge
[M] Biggs - Lynched, Day 5 - Suspicious Townie played by Raebus, replaced by Shattered Dreamer, replaced by Del Murder.
[M] Leon
[M] Leila - Killed, Night 5 - Insane Cop played by Faris.
[M] Refia - Killed, Night 4 - Spy played by Refia.
[M] Luneth
[M] Rydia
[M] Kain - Killed, Night 2 - Bus Driver played by Aerith's Knight.
[M] Faris
[M] Galuf - Killed, Night 3 - Mafia Poisoner played by shion and sharkythesharkdogg
[M] Relm
[M] Setzer - Killed, Night 55 - Mafia Ninja played by Shauna.
[M] Yuffie - Killed, Night 4 - Jack of All Trades played by Madonna.
[M] Cid
[M] Laguna - Killed, Night 1 - Doctor played by Del Murder.
[M] Quistis - Killed, Night 2 - Gladiator played by Laddy.
[M] Quina - Killed, Night 2 - Beloved Princess played by Red Mage Coffman, replaced by Del Murder.
[M] Blank - Lynched, Day 4 - Mafia Godfather played by Jojee.
[M] Wakka
[M] Rikku
[M] Penelo
[M] Balthier
[M] Serah - Killed, Night 2 - Governor played by Goldenboko.
[M] Sazh - Lynched, Day 1 - Day Vigilante played by Shattered Dreamer.

Ok, so we have lost our doctor very early on, which is annoying. We lost our beloved princess, which is bad and our friendly bus driver. Also, a bullet proof townie is dead, as is our JOAT.

We might have one more protective role left, but then again it's all down to the composition of the town. Wedge is effectively the town's protective role :|

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
11-23-2012, 12:35 AM
Balthier;3169502']I'm at a turkey day thjng so i can't write too much out but, i find relm to be more than they appear. They were dead set on biggs yesterday even after he claimed. For now,

wat. xD did you even read the day at all yesterday?

[M] Anise
11-23-2012, 12:37 AM
As always: Wedge, Faris, cough up your investigations.

Essentially at this point we have (what I believe) to be three cleared town: Wedge, Faris and Rydia. Wedge and Faris because of Miss Leila's insane investigations. This leaves us with you guys:

Leon
Relm
Luneth
Cid
Rikku
Penelo
Balthier

And of course me, who probably has the worst track record out of everyone. :p

But yesterday was a ridiculous day towards the end. I get the feeling that at least one of the people who jumped on Biggs yesterday are scum. So I gots my eyes on you Luneth, Penelo and Relm.

I don't agree that Cid is definitely town. So the mafia poisoned him - that doesn't stop him from being a serial killer. I do agree though, that Faris probably would be the safest bet for sending the report to.

Anyway, I need to hit the hay. :)

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-23-2012, 12:43 AM
Wakka;3169523']I don't agree that Cid is definitely town. So the mafia poisoned him - that doesn't stop him from being a serial killer.

Only if the mafia knew even then that there was a SK in play, which we can't be 100% certain of even now. I believe the SK speculation arose from the night phase where only Galuf died, after the kill order on Cid was sent in. Where's your information coming from?

[M] Adama
11-23-2012, 12:48 AM
Wakka;3169523']As always: Wedge, Faris, cough up your investigations.

Essentially at this point we have (what I believe) to be three cleared town: Wedge, Faris and Rydia. Wedge and Faris because of Miss Leila's insane investigations. This leaves us with you guys:

Leon
Relm
Luneth
Cid
Rikku
Penelo
Balthier

And of course me, who probably has the worst track record out of everyone. :p

But yesterday was a ridiculous day towards the end. I get the feeling that at least one of the people who jumped on Biggs yesterday are scum. So I gots my eyes on you Luneth, Penelo and Relm.

I don't agree that Cid is definitely town. So the mafia poisoned him - that doesn't stop him from being a serial killer. I do agree though, that Faris probably would be the safest bet for sending the report to.

Anyway, I need to hit the hay. :)

Wedge and Leila also voted for Biggs, and Leila was a insane cop townie, meaning Wedge is also town. Effectively, Townies also voted for Biggs. It weren't some mafia ploy to lynch him!

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-23-2012, 01:00 AM
Penelo;3169527']It weren't some mafia ploy to lynch him!

No, it was unalloyed sequaciousness.

Query for the longtime players: Has Jack of All Trades been used before? If so, we can safely assume all remaining roles are ones that have been in play prior to now. It would be bootless for Jiro to give us 2 new roles when the first one to die would alert us to the possibility of a second. One, I could see, for mindsmurf reasons. Not two.

[M] Adama
11-23-2012, 01:31 AM
Right, I'm off to bed. It's half one in the morning in England :eep:

Happy thanksgiving (To those who celebrate it) and happy days in general town!

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-23-2012, 02:46 AM
Rydia;3169531']
Query for the longtime players: Has Jack of All Trades been used before? If so, we can safely assume all remaining roles are ones that have been in play prior to now. It would be bootless for Jiro to give us 2 new roles when the first one to die would alert us to the possibility of a second. One, I could see, for mindsmurf reasons. Not two.

I think it was used in Mafia XIX under a different name. Wildcard I think it was called.

Jiro
11-23-2012, 04:11 AM
Be scared of all of these votes:

[M] Relm (1) - Balthier

26 hours left if my maths is right.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-23-2012, 04:13 AM
We have time to arrive at a conclusion.

I haven't voted because I don't know who to vote for. I can be influenced, folks.

[M] Apollo
11-23-2012, 04:13 AM
Ok, Imma go through a few things, and just post them as I find them.
IMO a pretty good night. A confirmed cop, which confirms Wedge and Faris as townies. And no more ninja (well done mysterious killer).

Ok, first up.

Rydia;3169013']I'm still not sure I buy Refia as town; Remember that report came from a neutral source. Is it neutral to scotch a false theory by town? Seems more likely that, this being mindsmurf mafia, someone has a role that can influence Stiltz.*

Sure that could be a townie influencing a reveal from the mod, but it could also be a mafia planting a red herring to throw off a valid conjecture.

*Sure it hasn't (to my knowledge, I still haven't read *all* of the walls of text as evinced by the fact that I am not sixty-four years old to have had that much time) happened in a game before, but this is mindsmurf, which is a perfect time to introduce never-before-seen roles.

To me this is going a bit far. I don't think Jiro's ego would handle not being in control of the town. He is the GM, he is in control.
Refia was blue and then confirmed to be a cop-like town by Stiltz. If someone were in control of our GM, then that would be twice, such a role would be way to over powered. Although I was not at all trusting in Wedge or Faris, I'm inclined to believe that the guilty verdict on those two confirms their innocence. Better come through with some nice results today guys.

[M] Apollo
11-23-2012, 04:20 AM
Rydia;3169512']Wedge now has 2 confirmed townies to send reports to; Assume for now that he's town and put yourself in the mafia's :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou: Wedge, as a townie, would not risk sending his report to the mafia, so it will go to either Faris or Cid. That means the mafia can either get a 50% chance of stopping his report by taking out one of those two, or a 100% chance of stopping it by taking out Wedge himself.

Ok, initially I was rather confused by this, as I didn't recall Cid ever being cleared as innocent.
Then I remembered that Cid was visited by Galuf (therefore poisoned), as told to us by the now confirmed to be innocent Faris, and Rydia, acting as the Apothecary saved Cid.

Side thought here. If Wedge or Faris were some sort of Mafia role that came up innocent when investigated (and therefore guilty to Leila), then either one of these two could be scum. This removes all that CONFIRMED townie stuff, but I still think that we can't be too safe calling them 100% confirmed. At least one of them should be town though...