View Full Version : Anniversary Mafia Game Thread - The Final Day

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
11-24-2012, 06:02 AM
I dont think he cares actually.

Jiro
11-24-2012, 06:02 AM
and SOLD!

Relm was painting a picture of herself playing in the field surrounded by flowers. As they dragged her towards the stage, she desperately tried to talk her way out of things. Balthier expected this though, and gagged her.

"You'd have been welcome at my place once your were older," Balthier said. "But not now, sweet cheeks."

[M] Relm was a Mafia Grifter played by DK. Your artistic skills are the stuff of legend.

You all know the drill. 18 hours. Night actions. Make it snappy, kupo. :mog:

Jiro
11-24-2012, 06:03 AM
PS I know full well this is the wrong account, but [M] Stiltzkin lacks the ability to close threads and I'm too fucking lazy to have two browsers open right now. :aimsun:

Del Murder
11-24-2012, 06:10 AM
Reminder: While Relm's pictures were amusing, we do not allow drawings of people dipping balls into others' mouth at EoFF. Please make sure you continue to abide by the rules of conduct at EoFF even in your mafia accounts. Thanks.

[M] Mom – Host
11-25-2012, 02:14 AM
The town were pretty chuffed after yesterday. I mean, they'd lynched Relm and she'd been a dirty scumbag, what's not great? Well it seems the townies momentarily forgot that things weren't over. But it ain't over til the last mafian is stringed up. I hope this is a lesson you learn, kupo. :mog:

[M] Balthier was a Cop played by Freya and My Little Pokey.

24 hours begins now. With 9 players remaining, it takes 5 for a majority lynch. Go get 'em, kupo. :mog:

[M] Adama
11-25-2012, 02:31 AM
Balthier was the cop! Well, that was surprising. I never suspected him to be a cop. He never role-claimed it, nor say anything about any results...mmm. This now makes (I think) two confirmed cops, Leila's insane, and Balthier is sane.

This makes [M] Wedge's investigative role-claim (for those still disbelieving of me) slightly less convincing. The town surely can't have three cops running around right?

[M] Apollo
11-25-2012, 02:40 AM
Penelo;3170386']The town surely can't have three cops running around right?

Says the 'FBI Agent'. Psht.

Citizen Bleys
11-25-2012, 02:41 AM
Dammit.

Dammit.

Dammit.

Dammit.

Dammit.

Jiro
11-25-2012, 02:41 AM
Get out of here, Bleys!

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-25-2012, 02:42 AM
annnnd wrong account again. fuck me.

[M] Adama
11-25-2012, 02:43 AM
What I mean is three "standard" cops, my role is different in that it catches Serial Killers. But I digress.

[M] Apollo
11-25-2012, 02:51 AM
Fair enough. I kinda just pooled all the blue/investigative roles together in my head as 'cops' :p
But we're just debating semantics here, sorry. Shall we move on?
Let's see if Balthier gave us anything remotely specific.

[M] Adama
11-25-2012, 03:03 AM
That's okay Leon, I understand :)

Well, in terms of his role, Balthier was even less useful than Wedge :p

None of us actually knew Balthier was a cop, and this was up to Day Six, were over halfway, hell, I'd even argue were fast approaching endgame. It's unusual for a crucial investigative role like Balthier to actually not claim it. Even worse, he never once described a report. Even if, as Wedge "claims" it turns out he gave the report for someone else to deliver to us, he never said for "I investigated [person] and gave my report to [person]".

Personally, I'm baffled with this revelation.

[M] Apollo
11-25-2012, 03:12 AM
So I've read through all his posts, and as he said himself, most of the people he has found suspicious have died.
He did talk about Faris, Wedge and Rydia a fair bit (as they were roleclaimers at the time of some of his posts), so it is possible that he investigated them and they came up clean? (he was initially suspicious of Faris and Wedge and later dropped it)
This would reflect Lelia's investigations as well, though this still doesn't rule out Lawyer, 2nd Godfather (crazy, I know, ok?), or the possibility that an SK will only be guilty for an FBI agent.

The main thing here is that Balthier likely investigated Wedge (as he was initially suspicious of him), and Wedge likely came up clean (as Balthier seemed to speak more highly of Wedge yesterday). So unless the mafia has some sort of really annoying ability to PM people (see Mailmain, Courier or Whisperer), this confirms Wedge's innocence and his role.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-25-2012, 03:14 AM
Well, personally, I think it was a waste of a good role since Balthier was never very active and didn't contributed much. I do recall that he even refused to vote. Actually, I don't think Wedge is a cop anymore. He probably does have some kind of investigative role, but he can't share what he finds out when he investigates. Such a shame to lose another cop.

[M] Adama
11-25-2012, 03:18 AM
Leon;3170403'] So unless the mafia has some sort of really annoying ability to PM people (see Mailmain, Courier or Whisperer), this confirms Wedge's innocence and his role.

While I don't have any scummy vibes coming from Wedge (who was totally absent yesterday) I would like to point to my comments earlier that just because he shows up clean doesn't mean he isn't a serial killer. I still wouldn't exactly be comfortable with Wedge just yet.

[M] Apollo
11-25-2012, 03:22 AM
A lot of Balthier's posts were from Day 2 before he got the opportunity to investigate (given his critique of Leila, I would assume he investigated himself night 1). So yeah, not much to read from him apart from yesterday's events with the whisper from Wedge.

Who did you follow last night Faris?

[M] Adama
11-25-2012, 03:25 AM
Oh wait dang hang on.

So far, everyone Wedge has implicated as receiving the report dies.

Balthier said he got a "whisper", and he is now dead. I don't know about you, but this is worrying.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-25-2012, 03:27 AM
Well, nobody took the bait last night, so I've got precisely bugger all to go on today.

I just have one question, though: What in the forty-nine Mulvanian Hells is a Mafia Grifter?

[M] Adama
11-25-2012, 03:29 AM
Haven't the slightest clue. What bait were you referring to Rydia?

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-25-2012, 03:32 AM
Penelo;3170415']What bait were you referring to Rydia?

I'd better hold onto that one for now. No sense making it easy on the mafs.

[M] Adama
11-25-2012, 03:35 AM
Eh, makes sense. Either way, I didn't notice.

It's incredibly early in the day, and I need sleep. So I shall see you guys later. Have fun! :D

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-25-2012, 03:36 AM
P.S. Have I mentioned, "dammit?"

[M] Apollo
11-25-2012, 03:38 AM
Penelo;3170407']
Leon;3170403'] So unless the mafia has some sort of really annoying ability to PM people (see Mailmain, Courier or Whisperer), this confirms Wedge's innocence and his role.

While I don't have any scummy vibes coming from Wedge (who was totally absent yesterday) I would like to point to my comments earlier that just because he shows up clean doesn't mean he isn't a serial killer. I still wouldn't exactly be comfortable with Wedge just yet.

Oh yeah, I forgot about your investigation of Wedge. Though, why aren't you gunning for Wedge a bit more?
I understand why you might want to be hesitant, but if you know you're the FBI Agent, and you received a guilty result after a few days of innocent results, I wouldn't be hesitant, I would be outright stating that Wedge were the Serial Killer.
This just seems off to me.

[M] Apollo
11-25-2012, 03:53 AM
Penelo;3170413']Oh wait dang hang on.

So far, everyone Wedge has implicated as receiving the report dies.

Balthier said he got a "whisper", and he is now dead. I don't know about you, but this is worrying.

I completely disagree with that analysis.

Night 1: Laguna received the report but he died that night as he was shot by Yuffie - nothing to go on here
Night 2: Quina received the report and died that night - possible that the report killed Quina that night (though more likely died for being Del Murder :p)
Night 3: Yuffie would have receieved the report but couldn't - nothing to go on here.
Night 4: Biggs did not received the report for some reason, possibly a roleblocked in play, but Biggs did not die for receiving the report - nothing to go on here
Night 5: Balthier recieved the report and died the next night - possible that the report killed Balthier the next night

Wedge;3170018']Night 1: Investigate Laguana report to Serah. These two are switched by bus driver Kain and Serah receives the benefit of doctor's protection and Laguna receives a report on himself right after he eats a bullet from Yuffie.
Night 2: Investigate Faris reports to Quina. Sadly our beloved princess is dead, that's what happens when you are too smart for your own good. 
Night 3: Investigate Rydia report to Yuffie. Yuffie told us that on night 3 she did a stake out preventing anyone from being able to target her. There goes my report.
Night 4: I didn't tell anyone about this report but I made an insinuation that no one questioned. The truth is I investigated Refia and sent the report to Biggs, that is why it upset me so much that not only was Refia dead the next morning but Biggs prematurely states he did not receive any stinking report. This and his pressure to get me to cough up my role name is why I voted against him. I didn't expect it to go any where, I expected to get lynched, which would have been better for the town. >_<
Night 5: In an effort to get a report thorough to someone I wanted to choose someone who was not high profile but did not seem to be scummy either. I sent my report to Balthier and I investigated Relm.

There is no direct pattern which associates those who receive Wedge's reports and their deaths.

[M] Athena
11-25-2012, 03:56 AM
My mind is effectively smurfed at this point. I mean yeah, there were a lot of roles and some cool gimmicks like Mafia Poisoner, but most of qwerty's games were mindsmurfier than this.

Everything has changed.

For starters, I never expected Balthier to die last night. Secondly, it utterly baffles me that he was a Cop. Something doesn't smell right here.

Cop
Insane Cop
Spy (???)
Tracker
Gunsmith
weird investigator

Most games would have two or three of those investigator roles. This game appears to have them all. If all these people were actually active and actually played their roles correctly, then the mafia is utterly smurfed.

Remember, there are no Mafia Goons in this game. So each mafia has a powerful role much like each town. So far we found:

Mafia Godfather (Blank)
Mafia Poisoner (Galuf)
Mafia Ninja (Setzer)
Mafia Grifter (Relm) - wtf is this anyway?

There are probably at least two left. Here's where it gets interesting, because some of the possible mafia roles are some of the most powerful roles they can have.

Mafia Prostitute - Could have been the one blocking Wedge during the nights he wasn't getting any results confirmed
Mafia Framer - With so many cops in play, this role seems likely if you believe all the claims
Mafia Cop - Could have been how they figured out Balthier and why he was taken out last night. This is the second most dangerous mafia role in my opinion, depending on how it is used.

And finally, the ultimate mafia role: Mafia Janitor. Mafia Janitor screws with the one and only way the town can confirm roles: the flip. It's the ultimate mindsmurf role and it could be Jiro's coup de grace.

That means Balthier was possibly a Mafia Cop and Refia was a Mafia Spy.

I think at least one of the above roles are still in play, possibly two or three.

[M] Athena
11-25-2012, 04:00 AM
I'll have to think about this some more, but fortunately my choice today is pretty clear.

##Vote: Penelo

Balthier basically confirmed Wedge's role yesterday with the 'whispers' he got about Relm. Therefore, he's probably what he says he is (role name please). Therefore, he's not a Serial Killer. Therefore, Penelo's FBI Agent claim is bogus.

1 down. You're next, Penelo. All of the conspirators against Biggs are falling.

[M] Adama
11-25-2012, 04:03 AM
Leon;3170419']
Penelo;3170407']

Oh yeah, I forgot about your investigation of Wedge. Though, why aren't you gunning for Wedge a bit more?
I understand why you might want to be hesitant, but if you know you're the FBI Agent, and you received a guilty result after a few days of innocent results, I wouldn't be hesitant, I would be outright stating that Wedge were the Serial Killer.

I know, bed is calling me but I'll be quick, sweet sweet slumber. Right, basically, the main reason I've not been pushing Wedge off the proverbial cliff is essentially to keep him alive where it is possible for others to deduce his identity. The whole "Relm" gambit mentioned yesterday is what I'm gunning for; it's hard to uncover a SK when there's loads of people still left. Even now, there's nine of us still here. Not to mention not everyone really believes me in the first place, so what am I going to do, keep screaming blue murder till I'm blue in the face?

I kept my vote on Wedge didn't I yesterday. I know Wedge is the SK, my report says so and I think I'm sane. However is killing the SK right now possible? Given yesterday's antics with Relm, trying to divert attention to Wedge is hard. At the end of the day, I am just a lone voice and a lone vote.

[M] Adama
11-25-2012, 04:04 AM
And now I really have to go bed.

[M] Athena
11-25-2012, 04:04 AM
Oh yeah, and Luneth, I decided not to listen to you or trust you so I investigated you last night. Please be as so kind as to tell me what the result should have been so I can make sure you are not a dirty rotten liar.

Also if you could comment on my theories and how this day will affect the two-mafia theory that would be great. Thank you!

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-25-2012, 04:09 AM
Well, we can waffle, or we can confirm Penelo's role the only way it can be done.

Even if there's a mafia janitor in play, it ill behooves them to smurf with this tactic.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-25-2012, 04:09 AM
Leon;3170419']
Penelo;3170407']

That's how I would play it too, if I were an FBI Agent who found the serial killer. I would be jumping around going, "Hey guys, hey guys, hey guys" until someone listened or they lynched me. Either way it would tell I was telling the truth. I'm not afraid to be lynched, if you really need to lynch me to find out that Penelo is scummy, then go ahead do it. She claims I'm the serial killer and wants to pin everyone's death that I sent a report to on me, but it was the bandwagon speed lynch that killed Biggs, not my report and guess who was on that bandwagon.

##Vote: [M] Penelo

As far as who I investigated last night, well I chose Wakka, I wanted to see if I could confirm Luneth's story one way or another. I also expected Luneth and/or Rikku to get axed last night so I went with Balthier again, as he was finally the only one who seemed to be able to hear me. Having Balthier dead is very baffling to me, why did they go after him? Rikku has the ability to see who has a gun, why would the mafia let her live? Luneth laid everything on the table, if he was anywhere near correct, why is he still among us?

Faris;3170404']Well, personally, I think it was a waste of a good role since Balthier was never very active and didn't contributed much. I do recall that he even refused to vote. Actually, I don't think Wedge is a cop anymore. He probably does have some kind of investigative role, but he can't share what he finds out when he investigates. Such a shame to lose another cop.

Exactly, my role isn't a cop role, I am the Oracle. Basically I'm a psychic, and just like a real investigative psychic, most people think it's all hooey. However, I don't really believe that Balthier would have confirmed my role if he didn't really get a report from me. A grifter is a person who uses deception and fraud to swindle people, Balthier's claim that he received a message that says that Relm is "not what she seems" would be inline with someone who was a grifter. I believe she used my report to expose Relm instead of her own because it gave her the opportunity to confirm a townie, expose the mafia, and keep her own role private. Unfortunately, someone figured it out anyway.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-25-2012, 04:14 AM
Wedge;3170438']real investigative psychic

:stare:

[M] Apollo
11-25-2012, 04:16 AM
At this point I want to know what Faris did last night.
Who did you watch?

[M] Athena
11-25-2012, 04:19 AM
This is where Wakka comes in and tells us not to speed lynch. :p

Usually I love speed lynching because it makes the game go quicker and keeps it fresh. However, let's at least give Luneth some time to come on and talk out of his butt for a little while.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-25-2012, 04:19 AM
Rydia;3170440']

I meant in real life, seriously I think investigative psychics are bunk, and so is my role.

[M] Athena
11-25-2012, 04:20 AM
Leon;3170442']At this point I want to know what Faris did last night.
Who did you watch?
Good point. Confirm your Tracker ass.

[M] Apollo
11-25-2012, 04:29 AM
And you gunsmith, whose gun did you look for?

[M] Athena
11-25-2012, 04:31 AM
Already said Luneth about 5 posts up.

[M] Apollo
11-25-2012, 04:41 AM
Sorry, my brain ignored the lack of reveal there :p
I agree with your action though. Let's see what Luneth has to say.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-25-2012, 04:45 AM
Wedge;3170444']
Rydia;3170440']

I meant in real life, seriously I think investigative psychics are bunk, and so is my role.

I'm at work, where mafiascum.net is blocked, but I can't seem to find a list containing Oracle. You are most likely a Bumbling Detective; a protective/modifying role could be why Balthier took an extra day to die. The death toll of your hint recipients is too staggering to be coincidence. I can believe that a modifying role hit you once, but every time?

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-25-2012, 04:50 AM
Rydia;3170462']

I'm at work, where mafiascum.net is blocked, but I can't seem to find a list containing Oracle. You are most likely a Bumbling Detective; a protective/modifying role could be why Balthier took an extra day to die. The death toll of your hint recipients is too staggering to be coincidence. I can believe that a modifying role hit you once, but every time?

The closest thing in the wiki to what my role is is amnesiac cop, but my role name is green not blue.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-25-2012, 04:57 AM
Who did you watch?

Sorry, I was trying out this new game I bought. Anyway, to answer your question. I've tracked Cid to see if he was doing anything during the night since he's been silent ever since. The result came up: Faris

Hell if I know what this means, though. :erm:

[M] Apollo
11-25-2012, 04:58 AM
Let's assume Balthier didn't lie about the report.
If Penelo is telling the truth and Wedge is an SK then either Wedge has the role of SK and Courier/Mailman/Whisperer (which seems a little unfair, but I suppose it's possible), or there is someone out there who is a Courier/Mailman/Whisperer who knew/guessed to send a report to Balthier last night so that he could confirm Wedge's claim yesterday, which is highly improbable (I think we can rule this one out).
The alternative would be that Penelo is lying and Wedge did send the report to Balthier yesterday.

Initially I was quite sceptical, but the more I think about it, the more plausible the first situation becomes (by that I mean, I would consider it). It is entirely possible that Wedge has some sort of kill every other night role, but if it is the case, I wouldn't say his kills were associated with the actions he has claimed (see my analysis above).
The best way to confirm/deny this would be to know where he went each night.

[M] Apollo
11-25-2012, 05:01 AM
Faris;3170470']
Who did you watch?

Sorry, I was trying out this new game I bought. Anyway, to answer your question. I've tracked Cid to see if he was doing anything during the night since he's been silent ever since. The result came up: Faris

Hell if I know what this means, though. :erm:

So long you're telling the truth, we know that he has a night role, and we know what it doesn't mean.
It means that Cid isn't a killer (could still be a mafian though), he isn't a roleblocker, and he isn't inactive.
WHERE ARE YOU CID?! SHOW YOURSELF!

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-25-2012, 05:05 AM
Leon;3170471']Let's assume Balthier didn't lie about the report.
If Penelo is telling the truth and Wedge is an SK then either Wedge has the role of SK and Courier/Mailman/Whisperer (which seems a little unfair, but I suppose it's possible), or there is someone out there who is a Courier/Mailman/Whisperer who knew/guessed to send a report to Balthier last night so that he could confirm Wedge's claim yesterday, which is highly improbable (I think we can rule this one out).
The alternative would be that Penelo is lying and Wedge did send the report to Balthier yesterday.

Initially I was quite sceptical, but the more I think about it, the more plausible the first situation becomes (by that I mean, I would consider it). It is entirely possible that Wedge has some sort of kill every other night role, but if it is the case, I wouldn't say his kills were associated with the actions he has claimed (see my analysis above).
The best way to confirm/deny this would be to know where he went each night.

Er what? I'm the serial killer who is the mailman, what? Also, I've already candidly told you every thing I've done every night (you even quoted it), so what more do you want me to say?

[M] Apollo
11-25-2012, 05:09 AM
Sounds ludicrous, huh?
Those are the possibilities, I personally think it is more likely that you're telling the truth here.
Just need to cover all bases.

[M] Athena
11-25-2012, 05:09 AM
It is fishy that everyone who gets a report ends up dead at some point soon after. But if he was a killer mailman then why would he tell the truth about the reports?

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-25-2012, 05:12 AM
Wedge;3170465']
The closest thing in the wiki to what my role is is amnesiac cop, but my role name is green not blue.

Green seems to indicate a role manipulator so far.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-25-2012, 05:14 AM
I think Wedge is being completely honest, and that only unfortunately makes Penelo look like a big fat liar.

[M] Apollo
11-25-2012, 05:25 AM
Rikku;3170476']It is fishy that everyone who gets a report ends up dead at some point soon after. But if he was a killer mailman then why would he tell the truth about the reports?

I am of the opinion that Wedge's roleclaim is true.
If, IF, he is a killer mailman though (I do like the sound of that role xD), and he has the ability to send reports or kill each night, I would say that he would tell the truth about who he mailed, and then lie when he kills (in an attempt to uphold innocence). Though I must stress this again, I am only speculating this idea to understand how Penelo's claim could be true. I think that while unlikely, it is plausible.

[M] Apollo
11-25-2012, 05:26 AM
Alright, I've gotta go do stuff today, but I should be back on later.
For now, enjoy a sorted list of players - it certainly helps me think it through.
I've also included roleclaims and my thoughts on them.

[M] Wedge - Oracle (possibly confirmed by Balthier's whisper, conflicts with Penelo's claim)
[M] Leon - No claim
[M] Luneth - No claim
[M] Rydia - Apothecary (possibly confirmed by saving Cid based on Faris' observations - Highly plausible given poisoner and lack of other claim on apothecary)
[M] Faris - Watcher (possibly confirmed by saving Cid - not sure if Cid was actually targeted, could have been a distraction)
[M] Cid - No claim
[M] Wakka - No claim
[M] Rikku - Gunsmith (nothing to confirm or deny - everything checks out, and Relm was a Mafian with a gun...)
[M] Penelo - FBI Agent (nothing to confirm, and conflicts with Wedge's claim)
[M] Leila - Killed, Night 5 - Insane Cop played by Faris.
[M] Refia - Killed, Night 4 - Spy played by Refia.
[M] Balthier - Killed, Night 6 - Cop played by Freya and My Little Pokey.
[M] Yuffie - Killed, Night 4 - Jack of All Trades played by Madonna.
[M] Laguna - Killed, Night 1 - Doctor played by Del Murder.
[M] Serah - Killed, Night 2 - Governor played by Goldenboko.
[M] Kain - Killed, Night 2 - Bus Driver played by Aerith's Knight.
[M] Noctis - Killed, Night 4 - Bullet Proof Townie played by Psychotic.
[M] Quistis - Killed, Night 2 - Gladiator played by Laddy.
[M] Quina - Killed, Night 2 - Beloved Princess played by Red Mage Coffman, replaced by Del Murder.
[M] Biggs - Lynched, Day 5 - Suspicious Townie played by Raebus, replaced by Shattered Dreamer, replaced by Del Murder.
[M] Sazh - Lynched, Day 1 - Day Vigilante played by Shattered Dreamer.
[M] Blank - Lynched, Day 4 - Mafia Godfather played by Jojee.
[M] Galuf - Killed, Night 3 - Mafia Poisoner played by shion and sharkythesharkdogg
[M] Relm - Lynched, Day 6 - Mafia Grifter played by DK.
[M] Setzer - Killed, Night 5 - Mafia Ninja played by Shauna.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-25-2012, 06:41 AM
Leon;3170485']
[M] Refia - Killed, Night 4 - Spy played by Refia.

Good going there, sport.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-25-2012, 06:43 AM
P.S. The mockery is directed at Jiro; Leon's post only brought it to my attention. It is the same on page 1.

[M] Athena
11-25-2012, 06:51 AM
Ok, things may not be as easy as I thought. So I'm going to ##Unvote: Penelo until we hear a bit more, especially from Luneth and Wakka. Cid too if he's even out there.

Jiro
11-25-2012, 07:20 AM
Fixed the OP and put B2kX in his rightful place!

[M] Colette
11-25-2012, 08:07 AM
Rikku;3170435']Oh yeah, and Luneth, I decided not to listen to you or trust you so I investigated you last night. Please be as so kind as to tell me what the result should have been so I can make sure you are not a dirty rotten liar.

Also if you could comment on my theories and how this day will affect the two-mafia theory that would be great. Thank you!Yes, I thought you might do that. I suspect you found a gun, but I couldn't say that with 100% certainty. I'll roleclaim if you want but I'd rather the mafia not know. Well, actually, what the hell. I'll just have to use my role differently. I'll play some mind games instead. :)

Armed Bodyguard.

Every night I choose someone to protect. If they get attacked, I die and their attacker dies. I cba to go back and find who the original Luneth protected (I mean, I can dig it out if you really want) but needless to say they didn't protect anyone who got attacked. I had my own interesting idea and asked Jiro what would happen if I am attacked. If I am attacked, I die and the attacker does not die unless I protect myself. If I do that, I die and the attacker dies. So I've chosen to protect myself the last two nights.

Anyway, onto my mind games. The mafia sure as fuck can't afford to lose anyone now. So, mafia... WHO WILL I PROTECT TONIGHT~ Kill me if you dare~ ;) Will I protect Rikku? She can easily trip you up. What about our friend the Oracle? Ho ho ho! Or maybe I just don't wanna die and will stay at home again! 1 in 3 choice. Pick wisely! ;)

[M] Colette
11-25-2012, 08:18 AM
Anyway, to comment on your theories:

Given how many cops, power roles, killing roles the town have, absolutely I agree that there are probably no mafia goons. I'm fairly certain there's another Godfather (Hi Faris) out there, and I think the Prostitute theory makes sense. I am also thinking of Night 2(?) where there were four deaths. I wonder if there was some sort of role where the mafia got an extra kill. Two kills for each mafia? I don't think any town roles claimed any of the deaths that night, unless someone tried to pay Biggs a visit.

I believe Wedge and I think Penelo is indeed full of shit. She's mafia.

I still think we hit the wrong mafia today and the numbers are 3 and 1. From Penelo's defending of Relm, and the way they bandwagoned together onto Biggs, I am all but certain they are/were together in a mafia team.

The two mafia theory is damaged somewhat by only one person turning up dead this morning. Did both mafia target Balthier? Do we still have a protective role in play? There aren't a great many of them that have been outed yet.

Sticking with Wakka but I'm sure Penelo is scum anyway, so do what you want. I think you guys seriously have to start thinking of the numbers though and you're making an enormous mistake.

If we get Penelo and she's mafia, and then the other mafia make a kill and I can't take one of them down or whoever protects can't get it, that'll leave 4 town, 3 mafia. Lynch or lose. Oh yeah, and one false vote means they can all speed lynch someone and win the fucking game.

To summarise: Penelo is scum; lynching her today not a good idea.

​##vote: Wakka

[M] Athena
11-25-2012, 08:19 AM
Thank you for not forcing me waste a night. It's a very clever claim and if true can really help us.

I actually investigated Wakka and he has a gun. I'd like to hear what he has to say now.

You're not the only one who can play mind games.

##Vote: Wakka

As I've been saying about Penelo, either:

Wedge is Oracle (town role) and Penelo is lying (scum role). Or
Penelo is FBI Agent (town role) and Wedge is the SK.

Killing one will give us the final answer on the other. Personally I'm inclined to believe Penelo is full of it. In the end we will have to choose one of them, but not necessarily today.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-25-2012, 08:19 AM
Wedge.

I had an idea.

I'm expendable, right? I mean, nobody took the SK rolehint seriously, everyone believes my original claim.

If I'm the Apothecary, the town loses nothing by my death. Sending your reports to the mafs doesn't help either.

You've never sent your report to a protective role before. Perhaps the role of the recipient has an effect on their fate. It took Balthier an extra day to die as the first investigative role. Maybe green = instant death, blue = 1 day delay, yellow = SMRUFING INVINCIBLE

Investigate whoever you want, and send me the report.

I know who I'd investigate, but if I say it the whole reason goes down the toilet.

[M] Athena
11-25-2012, 08:22 AM
I'm willing to give your theory a shot tonight, considering the result I got on Wakka.

Does everyone in this freaking town have a gun? Now I see why this role was used. If someone was playing this the whole time it would have driven them insane.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-25-2012, 08:25 AM
Rikku;3170532']
I actually investigated Wakka and he has a gun. I'd like to hear what he has to say now.

You're not the only one who can play mind games.

Bloody.

Goddamn.

Hell.

I noticed the dearth of protective roles but didn't know what to think of it.

I have to think about this.

[M] Colette
11-25-2012, 08:28 AM
I had a feeling you were playing some sort of game, but fuck it, we're all gonna have to claim sooner or later. And this way I at least get to have some fun with the mafia.
Rydia;3170533']
You've never sent your report to a protective role before. Perhaps the role of the recipient has an effect on their fate. It took Balthier an extra day to die as the first investigative role. Maybe green = instant death, blue = 1 day delay, yellow = SMRUFING INVINCIBLEWhat does orange = ? :p

I think that's entirely too convoluted to be true. But then who knows, mindfuck.

[M] Athena
11-25-2012, 08:32 AM
As much as I would love to get Penelo today as part of the revenge I do agree Wakka is the smarter lynch. Just got to wait for him to post.

I am, however, inclined to still believe Faris's claim. Cid may be the last piece of the puzzle we are looking for. Possibly a Mafia Framer.

See you cats on the flip side.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-25-2012, 08:36 AM
Luneth;3170537']
I think that's entirely too convoluted to be true. But then who knows, mindfuck.

All the greens are confusing enough to my eye when modded by another green.

[M] Colette
11-25-2012, 08:36 AM
Well, it'll be interesting to see who Faris tracked last night I guess. If it's not Faris, and I will straight up say I am more convinced of Penelo and Wakka being mafia than I am Faris, then that means there will be two mystery mafia among us.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-25-2012, 08:42 AM
Luneth;3170542']Well, it'll be interesting to see who Faris tracked last night I guess.

w00t I'm not the only one to skim past important posts.

Faris tracked Cid, the report said that Cid played a night action on Faris.

Cid could be another protective role trying to keep a confirmed townie alive.

[M] Colette
11-25-2012, 08:58 AM
Rydia;3170544']
Luneth;3170542']Well, it'll be interesting to see who Faris tracked last night I guess.

w00t I'm not the only one to skim past important posts.

Faris tracked Cid, the report said that Cid played a night action on Faris.

Cid could be another protective role trying to keep a confirmed townie alive.Oh right. And who did Rikku investigate? Did she post that yet? ;)

Also, Cid, really? The inactive guy? I guess the action was randomised. Although then again, investigating Cid and saying he did something is a pretty safe bet. I mean, you have Penelo, Wakka, me, Wedge and Rikku to all take a little look at. Cid? Really? Huh.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
11-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Yes. Wakka. Per Rikku, Wakka has a gun.

[M] Colette
11-25-2012, 10:02 AM
Ohhhh.

And who did Faris investigate?

Jiro
11-25-2012, 11:07 AM
I think Faris watched herself! Updates in a little bit, on the bus.

[M] Colette
11-25-2012, 11:10 AM
I think Faris watched herself! Updates in a little bit, on the bus.But... Kain's dead... so who is driving it?! :eek:

Jiro
11-25-2012, 12:00 PM
[M] Penelo (3) - Rikku, Rydia, Wedge, SELF VOTE
[M] Wakka (3) - Luneth, Rikku, SELFVOTE

Jiro
11-25-2012, 12:00 PM
14 and a bit hours to go.

Also I HAVE NO IDEA WHO WAS DRIVING THE BUS.

Ghost bus man.

Jiro
11-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Note: Skyfall is an awesome movie.

[M] Anise
11-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Man am I suprised to still be alive. xD

Don't know why I got a positive gun though. =/ I'm (well, was, I don't think that my role is particularly useful anymore) a Knifeproof Townie. Maybe there is a framer about.

I really hate to to do this though - just up, running late for family stuff, still decided to read and post in this thread because I'm dumb/dedicated (you decide :p) - but I will vote just now and hope for the best.

##vote: Penelo

No reason to think that Wedge is lying at this point, so here we are. Also again, vote of self preservation. :p

I hope to be back within a few hours. I am so sorry for pulling a Wakka. D:

[M] Anise
11-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Didn't even occur there, actually. If there is a mafia framer... Wedge may have been framed on the night Penelo investigated. Would be fantastic timing on everyone's parts. Just a possibility here...

But my vote still sits in self-preservation.

[M] Colette
11-25-2012, 12:21 PM
What do you think a Grifter is, Wakka?

Jiro
11-25-2012, 12:21 PM
As an aside: a self vote won't count for a majority lynch. The day will continue until a true majority is reached or the day is up.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Like I said earlier, I am inclined to believe Wedge, and his claim really does conflict with Penelo being an FBI Agent, and I believe there are only three left who have yet to make any claims. Cid, Leon, and Wakka.

Well, based on my report and past actions, I don't know what Cid could be. I think his night action was most likely randomized and ended up targeting me, then again, it's possible he might be framing me. Though, when you do think about it, if he was framing me, it would make the 2 mafia theory quite possible. Remember when Galuf tried to poison Cid? Rydia might have inadvertently saved a mafia from poison by a rival mafia. Just a thought.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-25-2012, 02:51 PM
Oh, I'll need to vote. Based on what I have said, I'm placing my vote on the lying "FBI Agent"

[M] Adama
11-25-2012, 02:52 PM
Right right, okay, I see how things are here now.

Look at Faris over here. She says she tracked Cid tonight. Why she would track Cid, who is by far the most inactive player here is beyond me, but that's not the point. She also said she got a result off of him, saying he did something to Faris.

Now, this is where I call absolute bull-trout. You see, this lovely dancer you see before is actually a dirty prostitute and I role-blocked Faris last night. Meaning she couldn't have done anything. Explain yourself, liar.

Oh yeah, self-preservation vote as per standard:

##VOTE: Wakka

Can I just say I truly believe Wakka to be dirty scum, especially after Rikku's gunsmith report. You now effectively have two options:

Me: The safe vote, but is that really who you want?
Wakka: The clever vote.

It's effectively scum vs scum. Make your choice.

[M] Colette
11-25-2012, 02:53 PM
ahahahahaha

oh man

this is beautiful.

Faris you lying sack of potatoes. I knew there had to be a reason you were refusing to vote Wakka.

[M] Adama
11-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Now that's it's come to this, some lovely backing music played by Final Fantasia's lovely town orchestra!

Battle on The Big Bridge!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAZXVv7azKA)

[M] Colette
11-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Also, yes, vindicated! 2 scum theory! I knew it! I am laughing like a maniac right now.

[M] Colette
11-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Faris;3170612']Oh, I'll need to vote. Based on what I have said, I'm placing my vote on the lying "FBI Agent"

##Vote: PeneloBecause knifeproof townie is so believable? No word at all on Wakka and his claim and Rikku's result?

Got you.

Motherfucking got you.

:lol:

eee! :jess:

[M] Adama
11-25-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm just picturing Luneth as some squealing schoolgirl right now.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-25-2012, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE='[M] Penelo;3170613']Right right, okay, I see how things are here now.

Look at Faris over here. She says she tracked Cid tonight. Why she would track Cid, who is by far the most inactive player here is beyond me, but that's not the point. She also said she got a result off of him, saying he did something to Faris.

Now, this is where I call absolute bull-trout. You see, this lovely dancer you see before is actually a dirty prostitute and I role-blocked Faris last night. Meaning she couldn't have done anything. Explain yourself, liar.

[\QUOTE]

Oh you did get me! I lied about the result! I did try to track Cid last night, but I ended up with no result, but I had to make up who he could have targeted, so I chose myself as the target. However, the real liar is you, Miss "FBI Agent who is really a Mafia Prostitute." You just made yourself the main target for a lynch, Penelo.

Wakka still needs to explain himself though, and I believe he's one of the few who have yet to claim a role.

[M] Colette
11-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Faris;3170623']Oh you did get me! I lied about the result! I did try to track Cid last night, but I ended up with no result, but I had to make up who he could have targeted, so I chose myself as the target....why?

[M] Adama
11-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Well Faris, yes, that's true. I am a liar. Effectively everyone in the game lies at some point. Saying I'm a dirty liar doesn't really mean much. Regardless, everyone knows who I am now, and lets face it most people suspected a roleblocker in the game. However, I'm no longer a mystery.

Faris: Why did you lie about a result. That seems weird, and deceptive.
Wakka: Just who are you Wakka? Scum, that's who, and a mysterious scum at that.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-25-2012, 03:08 PM
I didn't know I was being roleblocked by the Prostitute, so I made up a result so I don't appear inconsistant with my results over the night. :( I'm sorry for being a terrible Tracker!

[M] Adama
11-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Couldn't you just say you got no result? Feigning some sort of "I didn't want to look suspicious" just makes you look EVEN MORE suspicious.

Personally, I'm not buying it.

[M] Colette
11-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Faris;3170628']I didn't know I was being roleblocked by the Prostitute, so I made up a result so I don't appear inconsistant with my results over the night. :( I'm sorry for being a terrible Tracker!But we all knew that Wedge had been roleblocked this entire time. There was no need to lie at all.

Sorry, but the only way you're going to convince me is if you vote for Wakka. I can't see any other way for you to redeem yourself now, Faris.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Look who's talking, you just confirmed yourself as scum. Why should we allow you to survive today if we now know your true colors?

[M] Adama
11-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Besides, you could have easily said

"Look guys, I got no result last night, perhaps there's a roleblocker. Let's go investigate who it is."

That's far more helpful.

[M] Adama
11-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Because Faris, put simply, I'm not the biggest threat.

[M] Colette
11-25-2012, 03:15 PM
LEON AND WEDGE

Rikku investigated Wakka. Wakka has a gun.
Wakka says he is "knifeproof townie".
Faris says she tracked Cid who targetted her.
Penelo claims Prostitute, says she roleblocked Faris.
Faris admits to lying about Cid tracking her.
FARIS REFUSES TO ACKNOWLEDGE OR VOTE FOR WAKKA.

Let me sum it up for you. Faris and Wakka are on the same scum team. I believe it is a team of 3. If we lynch Penelo today, and they make a kill, it is 3 scum to our 4 town. And all it takes is one vote, JUST ONE VOTE, for a townie, for them to speed lynch to a VICTORY.

Yes, Penelo is scum. We WILL lynch her. You guys need to please, please, pleas listen to me here. I cannot get any more serious than this. If we lynch Penelo we are setting ourselves up for a fall. PLEASE. VOTE FOR WAKKA. PLEASE!

I know you are both intelligent players and won't let the town down. You know they're both scum.

[M] Colette
11-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Faris;3170632']Look who's talking, you just confirmed yourself as scum. Why should we allow you to survive today if we now know your true colors?How many are on her team?

How many are on yours?

I know what you are, Godfather. At least Penelo admits it.

I wonder if your night kill immunity extends to killing an armed bodyguard. Come on. Try me. ;)

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Okay, I'll go with your plan Luneth.

##Unvote: Penelo
##Vote: Wakke

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-25-2012, 03:18 PM
##Vote: Wakka
Sorry typo

[M] Colette
11-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Fair enough, Faris, you're in the clear for now.

I will have to ponder about who Wakka's scum mates are.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Luneth;3170635']LEON AND WEDGE

Rikku investigated Wakka. Wakka has a gun.
Wakka says he is "knifeproof townie".
Faris says she tracked Cid who targetted her.
Penelo claims Prostitute, says she roleblocked Faris.
Faris admits to lying about Cid tracking her.
FARIS REFUSES TO ACKNOWLEDGE OR VOTE FOR WAKKA.

Let me sum it up for you. Faris and Wakka are on the same scum team. I believe it is a team of 3. If we lynch Penelo today, and they make a kill, it is 3 scum to our 4 town. And all it takes is one vote, JUST ONE VOTE, for a townie, for them to speed lynch to a VICTORY.

Yes, Penelo is scum. We WILL lynch her. You guys need to please, please, pleas listen to me here. I cannot get any more serious than this. If we lynch Penelo we are setting ourselves up for a fall. PLEASE. VOTE FOR WAKKA. PLEASE!

I know you are both intelligent players and won't let the town down. You know they're both scum.

OK OK, damn, I just woke up and I'm drinking coffee, I would have seen the evidence without the giant text! Sheesh! So we are going with Wakka this morning, eh? I don't have a problem with that.

##Unvote: [M] Penelo
##Vote: [M] Wakka

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-25-2012, 03:26 PM
I think we have enough for a lynch. Let's see what Wakka turns up as.

Jiro
11-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Vote Count:
[M] Wakka (5) - Luneth, Rikku, Penelo, Faris, Wedge
[M] Penelo (2) - Rikku, Rydia, Wedge, Wakka, Faris

The town found it much easier to make a decision today. The fewer left alive, the fewer options they had. There had to be a scum somewhere, all they had to do was pile on the right person.

[M] Wakka was a Mafia Framer played by Hypoallergenic Cactuar, replaced by Shauna. Thanks for playing, guys!

Night starts now. 18 hours or thereabouts to get your night actions in. Make it count!

Jiro
11-26-2012, 04:47 AM
We've been here before. Night falls and things happen. Hidden things. Devious things. When daybreaks, you wait with baited breath to see who the victims will be. Today you were granted a small reprieve. But only a small one. How long until the madness stops and the town can be at peace? Who knows.

[M] Rydia was an Apothecary played by Citizen Bleys. Not bad for a first timer.

With 7 players remaining, it takes 4 votes to lynch. 24 hours starts now. Get in and try to win.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 04:58 AM
I know this is where I rush in and vote Penelo but before I place my vote I have a question to ask everyone. If all of Penelo's team mates are gone and she is the last one, why did she capitulate so easily? I mean she had an excuse for having a gun and story to back it up, so why not go to the lynch kicking and screaming all the way like Relm? It really bothers me that she would give in so easily, it's not like it was going to save her, it only postponed the inevitable, so what's in it for her? Mafia is all about the team winning, your team mates are not going to appreciate it if you lose it for them no matter how dismal the outcome looks, so why would you bother giving in? I know that I would be willing to get lynched if it helps out the town, so why is Penelo so willing to be lynched?

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-26-2012, 05:13 AM
Penelo is a known Prostitute, Wedge. She made it very clear yesterday when trying to out me of my role. Would you want a known mafia survive another day without being lynched? Town would be much closer to victory if we lynch her today.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-26-2012, 05:15 AM
She made it very clear yesterday when trying to out me of my role. Would you want a known mafia survive another day without being lynched? Town would be much closer to victory if we lynch her today.

Sorry. the format on this account messed my last post up.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 05:19 AM
I know what she did, the question is why? Who is she protecting? I feel like there is more than meets the eye with her reversal.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 05:20 AM
Also, I never said I wouldn't vote for her, I am only wanting to discuss this issue before I put my vote down.

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 05:22 AM
Nearing the end, I feel.

Faris, who did you track last night?

Wedge, who did you send your little thing to?

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 05:24 AM
Also great job to Bleys for putting up with this madness and contributing quite a lot.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 05:25 AM
Rikku;3171013']Nearing the end, I feel.

Faris, who did you track last night?

Wedge, who did you send your little thing to?

You, but don't be mad if you don't get it, after all we let the prostitute live another day.

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 05:27 AM
Sorry man, but it looks like you were blocked again. :(

Really Faris, everything comes down to you. Spill the beans, because I think I know your secret.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-26-2012, 05:32 AM
I believe I was roleblocked last night. I tried to track Leon, but I didn't get a result because of it.

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 05:34 AM
Well that's weird, because how could both Wedge and you be blocked?

Also, care to explain that gun you're carrying? Yeah, I found it last night. Odd for a Tracker to be packing heat.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 05:36 AM
Rikku;3171021']Well that's weird, because how could both Wedge and you be blocked?

I was thinking the same thing

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 05:45 AM
Rikku, what is your opinion about Penelo giving in without much of a fight?

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 05:50 AM
Even though she's scum, I believe the claim of Prostitute. It explains the various roleblocks we've seen in this game. She probably wasn't on Wakka's team and claimed to get us to go after the other mafia team. This may mean she's not the last member of her team since it would be odd for her to claim and screw her team over like that.

If we can sort this Faris stuff out then she's probably the best vote for us. I'd like to hear Leon and Luneth's input on this.

Leon, you're a wild card left in this game. All of us have claimed one way or another. If you have any information on your role that could help us, now would be the time to share.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-26-2012, 05:51 AM
Alright, allow me to explain... And while I explain, I'll explain my plan so town can win quickly.

I believe we are all aware there may be two mafias in this game, and this is indeed the truth. There are two rival mafias. Blank was the Godfather of one, and I am the Godfather of the other. Penelo is Prostitute of the rival mafia, hence I believe she may have roleblocked me to prevent me from targeting her or her remaining scum buddy, who I believe could be Cid or Leon. Just so you know, I am the remaining member of my mafia. My attempt to kill Cid failed, either because I was roleblocked, or Luneth decided to protect him last night.

Anyway, we should still lynch Penelo today, allow me to take care of the remaining scum of the rival mafia, and then you all can lynch me tomorrow. Town wins by tomorrow! If I'm lynched today, Penelo and her fellow scum mate will make it tougher for town to win. I think Leon should also reveal his role today so we can determine if he's the remaining scum left.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-26-2012, 05:52 AM
Shocking revelation, I know. :shobon:

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 05:55 AM
If Paul protected Cid from you killing him both you and Paul would be dead, or if you're Godfather ability let you not be killed he would still be dead.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 05:56 AM
I mean, Luneth, really I do.:sweatdrop

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 05:57 AM
Also, why would Luneth bother to protect Cid, he hasn't been around since Day 1

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-26-2012, 06:00 AM
I targeted Luneth twice already, and both times nothing happened. I can't be killed by him because I am also bulletproof.

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 06:02 AM
Well that all makes sense now.

I will commend you for the Tracker claim. Had us all going for quite a while!

Now we have a choice, town. 3 mafia left, 2 on one team, 1 on the other. Killing off one of the teams will get us one fewer night kill, but will keep the other team stronger. Personally I favor lynching Penelo today because Prostitute is a more dangerous role than Godfather at this point.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-26-2012, 06:02 AM
Also, let's just go with my plan, shall we? Let's get this over with for Town. We've been at it for over a week.

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 06:04 AM
Wait, you tried to kill Luneth twice? Do you mean last night and the night before? How did he survive?

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-26-2012, 06:07 AM
He's an Armored Bodyguard, is he not? That means he's bulletproof.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 06:08 AM
Rikku;3171036']Well that all makes sense now.

I will commend you for the Tracker claim. Had us all going for quite a while!

Now we have a choice, town. 3 mafia left, 2 on one team, 1 on the other. Killing off one of the teams will get us one fewer night kill, but will keep the other team stronger. Personally I favor lynching Penelo today because Prostitute is a more dangerous role than Godfather at this point.

I'm also in favor of lynching Penelo, but I want to flush out her partner, or Faris' too.

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 06:10 AM
If her partner is Cid, then we don't really have a chance of flushing anything. However it can be that slippery Leon or even Luneth could be playing us all for shmucks.

Faris, who were your mafia partners?

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 06:11 AM
Faris;3171043']He's an Armored Bodyguard, is he not? That means he's bulletproof.

That's what he's claimed his role is

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 06:12 AM
Rikku;3171047']If her partner is Cid, then we don't really have a chance of flushing anything. However it can be that slippery Leon or even Luneth could be playing us all for shmucks.

This is what is worrying me

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 06:13 AM
Yes, in fact, if his role acted as he said, he would have died and Faris would have survived (being bulletproof).

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 06:14 AM
Yup, that's what I said when Faris said he thought Luneth protected Cid

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 06:15 AM
Well, my role is useless against Luneth since he already claimed a role that likely has a gun. As I said yesterday, it's a clever claim and he is a clever guy.

The good news is that we have two scum to lynch so the day won't be wasted. But it would be nice to wrap this up soon.

Jiro
Look at you guys all getting along! It warms my heart. :mog:

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
Rikku;3171047']If her partner is Cid, then we don't really have a chance of flushing anything. However it can be that slippery Leon or even Luneth could be playing us all for shmucks.

Faris, who were your mafia partners?

The Framer, Ninja, and Poisoner.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 06:17 AM
However, I should also say that I am suspicious of Leon, too. He kept trying to make it look like Penelo's claim that I was a serial killer could be a fact even though I have two confirmed cops confirming me as a townie.

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 06:21 AM
So the other team had Godfather, Grifter, Prostitute, and ???.

Ninja and Poisoner on the same team is kind of odd. Both of them would escape my role, yet all three of Godfather, Grifter, Prostitute would have guns.

Are you lying to us?

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 06:25 AM
I feel lied to

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-26-2012, 06:30 AM
Do you think I'm lying? I can only lie for so long, and I can't win this game for my team when I'm at a severe disadvantage at this point. I'm only offering to help Town win asap. We shall help each other find that unknown final member of the rival mafia, lynch Penelo, and I can take out the other mafia tonight. Tomorrow, I will graciously accept my fate, and Town will earn victory.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 06:32 AM
Fine, who do you think her partner is?

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-26-2012, 06:35 AM
I don't know. It's either Cid, or Leon most likely. But considering Cid has stayed inactive for the past couple days, I'm inclined to believe it's Leon.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 06:37 AM
When you didn't kill Luneth the first time, why didn't you go after someone else?

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-26-2012, 06:43 AM
I don't understand this question. both attempts were not made in consecutive nights.

Nights 3 and 6 were the attempts to kill Luneth.

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 06:44 AM
I'll let you guys sort this out. I'm fine with lynching Faris or Penelo. If I had to choose I'd probably pick Penelo since killing the roleblocker will free up Wedge and myself to try and find the last scumbag.

I would like to hear from Leon and Luneth on the possibilities.

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 06:45 AM
Faris;3171075']I don't understand this question. both attempts were not made in consecutive nights.

Nights 3 and 6 were the attempts to kill Luneth.
So who was your kill last night?

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-26-2012, 06:48 AM
Faris;3171029'] My attempt to kill Cid failed, either because I was roleblocked, or Luneth decided to protect him last night.

That should answer your question, Rikku.

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 06:52 AM
Thank you for being so helpful, Faris. It may buy you another day.

I will have to sleep on this, but I won't be hurt if you guys want to majority lynch Penelo or Faris while I'm gone.

Day 10 will be the real critical day. So why beat around the bush for it?

[M] Colette
11-26-2012, 09:05 AM
I KNEW it!

I'm at work right now so can't contribute much but will think it all over

[M] Colette
11-26-2012, 09:14 AM
The thought occurs that we need to find out which mafia has 2 and which has 1.

[M] Apollo
11-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Ok, so I came here today expecting a speedlynch against Penelo, and I'm glad I didn't see that, we need time to talk and think this through. The openness of Faris kinda threw me off, either she is seriously accepting defeat, and simply wants to take the other mafia down and end this, or she is in the mafia with the extra member and is hoping to keep her buddy alive by taking one for the team.
As I said yesterday, I'm fairly comfortable with Wedge's innocence, but other than him, I'm not sure who else to trust.

[M] Apollo
11-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Looking at the mafiascum wiki, it doesn't appear that the Body Guard is bulletproof, just that they can take a hit (and in this case retaliate), which means Luneth's lack of death needs to be explained.
If Faris is telling the truth, I'm not sure what caused Luneth not to die on night 3 (or why Luneth was targeted on that night, seriously, why target the inactive Luneth over anyone else?), but I know that I protected Luneth on Night 6, as I figured he'd be an obvious target for any killer.
Last night I am of the opinion that Wedge was the one who was roleblocked which would explain why Rikku got no message.
This would mean that Faris was not roleblocked, which raises the question as to why Cid did not die. It is possible that I was targeted by Faris last night, as I protected myself. If this is the case, why is Faris lying about targeting Cid? Heck, why target Cid? He hasn't voted, what threat is he to the mafia?

In case I didn't make it obvious I'm the backup doctor, or more specifically a Faith Healer turned real Doctor, I'm not sure how great a job I've done, but at least I didn't die on the first night :p

[M] Apollo
11-26-2012, 12:44 PM
See, this is why I am 'inactive' I sit here for more than three hours and there's no one here.
Fortunately I'll be up early tomorrow and should easily be able to contribute more before day end.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 12:53 PM
You would go to bed just as I wake up! :p

I knew there was another protective role in play, I just wasn't sure who it was. Can you help put the puzzle together by telling us who you protected each night?

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-26-2012, 02:54 PM
I targeted Cid last night because I viewed him as an easy target. I didn't think he would have been protected, and if he had survived, it was because I was most likely roleblocked by our confirmed Prostitute.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 03:19 PM
There are a couple of reasons that could explain why Cid is still alive other than Penelo role blocking you:

1 Cid is a doctor and protected himself or a role blocker who targeted you.

2 Cid is your partner and you are saying you targeted him to make it look like he is a townie

I'm at work and posting from my phone so please forgive any auto correct issues that might arise today.

[M] Adama
11-26-2012, 03:34 PM
Okay guys, hold up just a few strokes. My team consisted of Galuf, Relm and Blank and because they are all dead, I am the last left standing of my Mafia. The whole "Lets go for Biggs" was just a laugh because I knew after Relm's death I was going to lose anyway so I might as well have fun while I'm at it, hell, I role-claimed prostitute just so I could try and get Faris to lose. And to tell you the truth, it has been fun. My first Mafia game has been buckets of fun.

But it's not over just yet.

Rikku;3171021']Well that's weird, because how could both Wedge and you be blocked?

I've noticed today that both Wedge and Faris claimed to have been role-blocked. Well, I call absolute bull-trout on that, because last night (Night Seven) I role-blocked Faris. Meaning Wedge is some barefaced liar. Either that, or Rikku is lying saying that she never received a report. Something doesn't seem quite right here. Furthermore, being the last member of my Mafia left, that must mean that Faris is lying that she is the only Mafia left in her team.

Do you want to know what I think? Faris is not playing to the spirit of the game. What Mafia deliberately aids the town just so the rival wouldn't win? It's utter rubbish and you are effectively disregarding the dignity of your dead Mafia team-mates. Of course, one still remains. So.

You know who I'm voting for? Faris, and her unknown team-mate. Fear the unknown town.

##VOTE: [M] Faris

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 03:56 PM
There's nothing like 2 self proclaimed mafia scumbags doing there absolute best to undermine the town. Since you failed to do it covertly you both have chosen to do it overtly. So now I have to ask myself who do I believe? Do I believe Penelo the prostitute or Faris the godfather? Or should I be questioning my fellow townies? There is much to think about.

[M] Colette
11-26-2012, 04:02 PM
Home in a couple of hours so can post some thoughts in more depth but

Penelo, what the heck is a Mafia Grifter?

[M] Adama
11-26-2012, 04:07 PM
My answer to you Wedge is whoever outed themselves impulsively. Let's begin with Faris. She only confessed when Rikku said that she had a gun, which goes against her tracker ways. Not to mention said tracker role-claim has been going on for most of the game and no one suspected a thing.

As for me, for half the game I've been sadly absent due to other stuff but from Day Five onwards I've made time for Mafia. Have I been acting against the town? Of course, but then Faris has been doing it in secret and more cleverly. She's made it this long unexposed; hell even Rikku expressed surprise at her actual role. Is Faris the better player? Almost certainly. She knows (as has been proven countless times) how to spin the town for her own end.

By lynching Faris, you are effectively lynching the better player. While I think the town is awful, even I know lynching Faris is the better option for town.

"But Penelo!" I hear you cry. "You said that Faris is a betrayer for helping town now, aren't you doing the same thing?"

Well, yes, I am effectively giving town some advise, but it is all in the effort of self-preservation. In terms of the game, I am all alone. Faris openly says she wants to help town now, which is just plain awful. While I'm helping town (by killing Faris) it is only in the interest of self-preservation.

There. You decide.

[M] Adama
11-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Oh sorry Luneth, basically from what I understand a Mafia Grifter effectively makes that person appear innocent.

So what Relm did was grift herself so she would appear innocent to investigations or whatever.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Luneth;3171196']Home in a couple of hours so can post some thoughts in more depth but

Penelo, what the heck is a Mafia Grifter?

I want to know this too. Also, I will wait until Luneth has his say before I speculate anymore in this thread. It would also be good if Leon answered my question.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Penelo;3171199']Oh sorry Luneth, basically from what I understand a Mafia Grifter effectively makes that person appear innocent.

So what Relm did was grift herself so she would appear innocent to investigations or whatever.

Then Relm did not understand the nature of my investigation which won't tell the receiver guilt or innocence but clues as to what their role might be.

[M] Colette
11-26-2012, 04:36 PM
This game will get me fired! Typing in word then will paste into thread!

Provided Penelo is telling the truth, and I don't know how far we can trust her, it seems to me that the Grifter is a reverse Framer, then. It would be an interesting role. But it would also does fill in a blank. It would make logical sense that the teams are:

Faris - Godfather
Setzer - Ninja (Specialist kill role)
Wakka - Framer (Cop action alterer)
???? (Support)

and

Blank - Godfather
Galuf - Poisoner (Specialist kill role)
Relm - Grifter (Cop action alterer)
Penelo - Prostitute (Support)

I would hazard a guess that our ???? (support) could well be a Doctor given all the night kills flying around. But I have no proof of this either way, just a guess. This would then mean that it is Penelo alone. The next question is:

Is it better to put the teams down to 1 each, or eliminate one altogether?

If we eliminate Penelo, we have the advantage of there only being one night kill. The next day would see us with 2 mafia, 3 town, provided all night kills went off. Faris would then be lynched, and presuming the night kill went off, we would have 1 mafia, 2 town the next day. If Leon does some awesome moves in the night, this improves our chances.

If we eliminate Faris, we will still have two night kills. I can't legislate for this as there is the distinct possibility that the mafia will try to kill each other. I imagine that the other mafia would not kill Penelo, as Penelo would take the noose for them the next day.

I do rather like Faris's proposal to kill Cid. No disrespect to Jiro, but this Cid situation is untenable, and if any townie were to die, I would have it be him. Imagine if you're stuck on the last day with someone else and Cid. You would have absolutely nothing to judge him on. I don't know if he'd be replaced - I am kind of eyeing up the possibility of replacing him myself should I be night killed, so I may just be harming myself here! - but even if he was, it would be ridiculous at this point. Faris, if you want to help the town (and helping the town achieves your goal of defeating the other mafia) then Cid is definitely the best target. If nothing else, from a mafia (the game, not the faction!) player's perspective, having Cid around would ruin the finale and I don't want to waste a lynch on him, so a mafia kill would help everyone I think.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Lynching Penelo would free the town from being role blocked, I could then investigate Cid for clues to his role and Rikku could investigate Leon for a gun. Since Leon has already role claimed doctor me investigating him would only confirm whether or not he was but wouldn't let us know if he was a townie or a Mafia doctor. However, I can't completely ignore the fact that Penelo says she did not role block me so Rikku should have gotten the report unless something else blocked it. We will have to wait until Rikku can respond to her claim.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-26-2012, 05:14 PM
I might have an explanation for Wedge.

He might be an Oracle Wannabe, or just a townie pretending to be an Oracle. This can explain why no one could claim to ever received a repot from him whenever he claimed to have sent them one. It was because they never existed in the first place.

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 05:22 PM
Penelo;3171187']

I've noticed today that both Wedge and Faris claimed to have been role-blocked. Well, I call absolute bull-trout on that, because last night (Night Seven) I role-blocked Faris. Meaning Wedge is some barefaced liar. Either that, or Rikku is lying saying that she never received a report. Something doesn't seem quite right here. Furthermore, being the last member of my Mafia left, that must mean that Faris is lying that she is the only Mafia left in her team.
I can answer this. Wedge was never blocked. I was.

I did receive a 'whisper' on Faris that said she sits at the head of a long table with unknown faces looking to her for guidence. That clearly implied Godfather, so I decided to pretend I got a gun result and spring a little trap for Faris. It worked. qwerty would be proud.

My second trap was for Penelo. I wanted to see how she would react if a different person got roleblocked than what she expected. Surprisingly, she admitted to blocking Faris instead of Wedge. That probably implies the other mystery mafia is also a Prostitute, unless Penelo is lying again (she is mafia after all).

Also note that both Faris and Penelo claimed to have Galuf on their team. Since Grifter is kind of like Framer, it doesn't make sense that both Poisoner and Ninja were on the same team. These are the likely teams:

Team 1: Godfather (Blank), Poisoner (Galuf), Grifter (Relm), Prostitute (Penelo)
Team 2: Godfather (Faris), Ninja (Setzer), Framer (Wakka), Prostitute (???)

Lynching Penelo would eliminate 1 team, 1 extra kill, and 1 roleblocker. Seems like a smart decision.

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 05:23 PM
I forgot to mention my actual Night 7 action. I investigated Cid and was told I was roleblocked, so no result.

[M] Adama
11-26-2012, 05:28 PM
Don't know about you guys, but lynching Cid just seems like the right decision to do. Is it the smart decision? Course not, but as others have said Cid is just a dead weight dragging us all down. Mafia or not, Cid for me is just someone who should have been policy killed long long ago.

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 05:29 PM
Leon, usually Faith Healers cannot protect themselves. How do you explain your actions? Also, could you share your actions for the first 7 nights of the game.

Luneth, you might as well too. It probably won't help much but any information is good.

[M] Adama
11-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Don't know about you, but Leon has some explaining to do. Out of all of the remaining players, besides the obvious scum Faris and me, Leon is looking decidedly more suspicious for me.

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Penelo;3171229']Don't know about you guys, but lynching Cid just seems like the right decision to do. Is it the smart decision? Course not, but as others have said Cid is just a dead weight dragging us all down. Mafia or not, Cid for me is just someone who should have been policy killed long long ago.
Lynching Cid today? With two mafia outed? No no no.

Today and tomorrow will be you and Faris. We just need the order. The real test will be on Day 10 where one team will have a chance to win.

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 05:31 PM
Oh and I'm calling it now: Day 10 will be Wedge, Luneth, and Cid. It will all come down to you, Wedgie.

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 05:34 PM
My guess is Cid is the last mafia. Remember when Faris said she 'tracked' Cid and the target was Faris? Yeah, only one way for her to be 100% sure she wouldn't be outed by that little claim...

It puts Cid on the non-Poisoner team, too, which means he could have easily be poisoned earlier in the game. Should have let him die, Bleys!

[M] Adama
11-26-2012, 05:36 PM
So, in terms of who is mafia, we have:

Penelo, Faris, Cid.

Makes sense I suppose. I wonder why Cid has been so quiet. Trying to avoid posting and blend in?

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Probably a real inactive. Mafia can be just as inactive as town.

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Also, with Godfather, Godfather, Framer and Grifter, the Cops were pretty useless roles in this game. :p

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Rikku;3171226']
Penelo;3171187']

I can answer this. Wedge was never blocked. I was.

I did receive a 'whisper' on Faris that said she sits at the head of a long table with unknown faces looking to her for guidence. That clearly implied Godfather, so I decided to pretend I got a gun result and spring a little trap for Faris. It worked. qwerty would be proud.

My second trap was for Penelo. I wanted to see how she would react if a different person got roleblocked than what she expected. Surprisingly, she admitted to blocking Faris instead of Wedge. That probably implies the other mystery mafia is also a Prostitute, unless Penelo is lying again (she is mafia after all).

Also note that both Faris and Penelo claimed to have Galuf on their team. Since Grifter is kind of like Framer, it doesn't make sense that both Poisoner and Ninja were on the same team. These are the likely teams:

Team 1: Godfather (Blank), Poisoner (Galuf), Grifter (Relm), Prostitute (Penelo)
Team 2: Godfather (Faris), Ninja (Setzer), Framer (Wakka), Prostitute (???)

Lynching Penelo would eliminate 1 team, 1 extra kill, and 1 roleblocker. Seems like a smart decision.

I confirm Rikku's report, I did investigate Faris. Also, I concur with her assessment that we need to Lynch the role blocker.

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 05:51 PM
I'm glad Biggs took a noose for you Wedge. Your role actually proved useful in the end. Your next investigation will be your most important, however.

[M] Adama
11-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Well played Wedge; you've managed to make other people love you despite only having one success to your name! :)

Seriously though, you should go ahead and investigate Leon. Something not quite right about him. He pipes in from time to time, then he disappears. He's only been active during the last few days, as if he's scum building up to the finale.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 05:55 PM
The only thing that bothers me is that Faris claimed that Galuf targeted both Quistis and Cid, but how would he know? There has to be a way to tell this. Could Cid be a tracker for the mafia?

[M] Colette
11-26-2012, 05:59 PM
Bloody hell, I drive home and you lot make all these posts! :colbert:

To be honest, I am of the opinion we should lynch Penelo today, reduce 2 kills down to 1, but I'm open to ideas.

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Luneth;3171254']Bloody hell, I drive home and you lot make all these posts! :colbert:

To be honest, I am of the opinion we should lynch Penelo today, reduce 2 kills down to 1, but I'm open to ideas.
That's the best plan as I see it too. Then we all just have to make careful night actions and regroup tomorrow.

So let's get this over with.

[M] Colette
11-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Rikku;3171236']My guess is Cid is the last mafia. Remember when Faris said she 'tracked' Cid and the target was Faris? Yeah, only one way for her to be 100% sure she wouldn't be outed by that little claim...I wonder if he actually has been active all this time in the mafia forum and that's why he's not been replaced. Could also be why Faris shot him. But I don't know. I think he needs to fucking die. Not via lynch like Penelo wants, mind. I just want him shot somehow. He clouds too many of my thoughts. It's not like the rest of you where I can read your posts to try to deduce intentions.

I'd like it for Cid to be the other mafia because the other alternatives are disquieting. It will be very hard to prove.

[M] Colette
11-26-2012, 06:03 PM
Faris "shot" him, I should say. To act like there is distance.

[M] Colette
11-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Oh alright then.

Faris... Agent Proto... you are being rewarded for being a good player in this game. You have one last act. Don't fail us now.

##vote: Penelo

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 06:05 PM
Penelo;3171248']Well played Wedge; you've managed to make other people love you despite only having one success to your name! :)

Seriously though, you should go ahead and investigate Leon. Something not quite right about him. He pipes in from time to time, then he disappears. He's only been active during the last few days, as if he's scum building up to the finale.

2 successes. Also, every player has see fit to tell me off at some point. Also, posting from my phone sucks!

[M] Adama
11-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Welp, times up for me. Have to say, I've been more relevant in this game that I was in XII to be sure :roll2

Oh, and I know I shouldn't really be saying this and I'd have screwed him over (It's just a game, why not end with a last flourish) but Leon? You know what to do. ;)

Bye guys!

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 06:09 PM
So we are agreed? Fine.

[M] Colette
Also, the most important person for town, if he is being honest, is Leon. If it becomes 2 town, 1 mafia, that protection... invaluable.

WILL I BE PROTECTING HIM TONIGHT???

WHO CAN SAY????

;)

I would sincerely love it if the mafia target the person I am protecting in terms of the numbers game. Night killing a mafia would be such a win.

Leon, I am not lying when I say you are crucial. You know who you should protect. I hope.

MIND GAMES TOOT TOOT :roll:

[M] Adama
Oh why not. Sorry Leon, Faris isn't the only betrayer in the Mafia:

##UNVOTE: [M] Faris

##VOTE: [M] Leon

[M] Adama
11-26-2012, 06:10 PM
Trust me, Leon isn't being honest.

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Care to explain before your time is up?

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 06:14 PM
One by one the mafia will fall
The lynch of Biggs has doomed you all

[M] Colette
11-26-2012, 06:14 PM
oh hey speaking of mind games.

[M] Colette
11-26-2012, 06:16 PM
you know what I think I believe Penelo and will vote for Leon. Thanks for helping the town out!

oh oops i spilled a drink on my keyboard now it means i can't type that i intend to vote for leon

i mean

i guess i somehow typed this

but uh... well...

erm....

*classic Simpsons audio gag of footsteps running away, car door slamming, tyres screeching*

[M] Adama
11-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Leon over here has fooled you all. That's all I'm going to say.

I mean, I could be reeeeally mean to my friend, but while I may be Mafia, I'm not totally scum. I'll just let you guys to figure it out for yourselves. :)

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 06:17 PM
I hate posting from a phone.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Wedge;3171250']The only thing that bothers me is that Faris claimed that Galuf targeted both Quistis and Cid, but how would he know? There has to be a way to tell this. Could Cid be a tracker for the mafia?

That's because Galuf and I were on the same team along with Setzer and Wakka. We worked together prior to his death in Night 3, so I knew who he had targeted to poison. I have managed to "predict" Quistis sudden death in Night 2 when I said Galuf targeted her, and "saved" Cid with Rydia's help when I said he targeted her on the night of his death.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Luneth;3171258']Oh alright then.

Faris... Agent Proto... you are being rewarded for being a good player in this game. You have one last act. Don't fail us now.

It's quite an honor to hear this from you. ;)

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Faris;3171361']
Wedge;3171250']The only thing that bothers me is that Faris claimed that Galuf targeted both Quistis and Cid, but how would he know? There has to be a way to tell this. Could Cid be a tracker for the mafia?

That's because Galuf and I were on the same team along with Setzer and Wakka. We worked together prior to his death in Night 3, so I knew who he had targeted to poison. I have managed to "predict" Quistis sudden death in Night 2 when I said Galuf targeted her, and "saved" Cid with Rydia's help when I said he targeted her on the night of his death.

It doesn't make sense for you to sell out your own team mate on day 2 by bringing attention to his activities.

[M] Apollo
11-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Told you I'd be back in the morning, but damn, you give me only until Jiro wakes up to post, read and answer questions.

[M] Apollo
11-26-2012, 10:10 PM
Wedge;3171143']You would go to bed just as I wake up! :p

I knew there was another protective role in play, I just wasn't sure who it was. Can you help put the puzzle together by telling us who you protected each night?

I'm at work, so I don't have my notes, but apart from that protect on Luneth on night 6, I protected Wedge on night 2, and myself most other nights.
I also missed night 1 because of uni/work.

[M] Apollo
11-26-2012, 10:20 PM
I agree with the lynching of Penelo today and Faris tomorrow, but the last person to go will be a tough choice.
It's down to Cid, Luneth, Rikku and me. None of us can completely prove our innocence, we just have to go with who we think it could be.
Cid seems like the easiest choice to me, his lack of replacement or modkill implies activity, yet he's obviously not here. Either he's a terrible townie (we know he can post, we've seen it), or he's scum who has played the least interesting survival tactic (hell, maybe he's a survivor).

[M] Colette
11-26-2012, 10:36 PM
Leon;3171434']It's down to Cid, Luneth, Rikku and me. None of us can completely prove our innocence, we just have to go with who we think it could be.1. Always rule yourself out. You know you're not scum.
2. Never completely 100% trust anyone. Although it seems to me very very likely that Wedge is town... what if? Imagine that he is mafia. What does that explain? What can't be explained? Work from there.

Already submitted my night action as I'm going to bed soon and don't want to hold things up!

[M] Apollo
11-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Well I put forward my thoughts on Wedge being scum earlier. He may be some sort of mafia whisperer or something. That would be a mindfuck of a role...
Luneth being scum is the usual frightening possibility that no one wants to believe. He's going to lead us to victory or our doom.
Rikku's gunsmith call can't be confirmed, but it seems less suspicious than Cid's inactivity.
True, I know I'm not scum, but I can't definitively prove it. I think I try to be too objective in this game :p

As I said before Cid is the easiest choice, though it does feel too easy. I think our chances of winning are better if we pick Cid, but I'd prefer a reveal where Cid wasn't mafia, and someone else were. The mystery and suspense is much more exciting.

[M] Apollo
11-26-2012, 10:46 PM
If we all get our night actions in ASAP, it may be possible for Jiro to start the next day quite quickly after this one ends.

[M] Colette
11-26-2012, 10:48 PM
No, absolutely consider me being scum. I want to know people's thoughts on me and what I've done. Partially so I can clear up or clarify anything outstanding issues, and partially so I can judge their own intentions!

But judge me on what I do, not who I am. I will freely admit I am fucking haunted by the prospect of Rikku being mafia, but that's because of who she is. Because, if she is, what the fuck can I do to prove it? He's smashed home the Gunsmith role, but then, he's capable of faking that to an intelligent extent. Though I'm really only posting this so I can come back and say I TOLD YOU SO OMG!!! if it really happens. :shobon: He'd fucking deserve his victory, I tell you that.

I like how my pronouns shifted during that paragraph :p

[M] Apollo
11-26-2012, 10:51 PM
Rikku;3171230']Leon, usually Faith Healers cannot protect themselves. How do you explain your actions?
Sorry, missed this, I was a faith healer. I got upgraded :p

[M] Athena
11-26-2012, 11:31 PM
I wish I was good enough to be the last mafia in this situation. Though I think it would be even more badass if I had some weak town role like Hider and just BS'd my way through Gunsmith to trap the mafia left and right. ;)

I personally believe Luneth because he, like me, enjoys being town way more than mafia and he would not have stayed up late and made all those damn posts if he was mafia.

Is that too meta a reason? I mainly believe him since he was the first one to propose the two mafia scenario and suggest Faris as a Godfather. I guess that would have been easier to figure out if he actually knew it for a fact, but why call attention to it? Before that we were all clueless about the total amount of mafia and really bought into Faris's claim.

In order of likelihood I think the last mafia is:

Cid
Leon
Luneth
Wedge

Honestly if Wedge has some phony baloney whispering mafia role then my brains will be thoroughly scrambled.

Jiro
11-26-2012, 11:39 PM
[M] Penelo (4) - Faris, Rikku, Luneth, Penelo
[M] Faris (1) - Penelo

[M] Penelo was a Mafia Prostitute played by Formalhaut. Nice job! Sorry for the lack of flavour :mog:

Get your night actions in if you haven't already. I'll be jumping on Stiltz to check and then we'll get underway asap!

[M] Mom – Host
11-27-2012, 05:09 AM
Day dawns. Did you all make the right decisions? We can only hope.

[M] Rikku was a Gunsmith played by Cim, replaced by Del Murder.

[M] Cid was a Jailkeeper played by Denmark, replaced by Kalilung.

The following are left alive: [M] Wedge, [M] Faris, [M] Luneth, [M] Leon.

This is the Final Day. Make your peace. Good luck.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-27-2012, 05:18 AM
It's Luneth.

He should have died on Night 3 when I first targeted him. If his role as Armored Bodyguard is true, he would have been protecting someone, not protecting himself. Seeing as Cid did not turn up mafia as I had hoped, Luneth should be that other mafia besides myself.

Jiro
11-27-2012, 05:18 AM
With the four players left, three of you must decide who to lynch. The day will contain 24 hours.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-27-2012, 05:22 AM
Looks like this is it then. It's been decided yesterday that I will give myself up today.

*hands herself over to Stiltzkin*

Make it so.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-27-2012, 05:24 AM
But not before I make my final vote.

##Vote: Luneth

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-27-2012, 06:29 AM
I feel like the whole town is weighing heavily on my shoulders. Faris, I understand how you feel and I appreciate all you've done for town, but you are a Mafia Godfather and today you have to go

##Vote: Faris

Also Leon, what do you say to Penelo selling you out like you're a scum doctor or something? Are you really going to take it lying down? What say you? Tell me.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-27-2012, 07:27 AM
Actually, on second thought, there is no rush today. I will wait until Leon answers me

##Unvote: Faris

Jiro
11-27-2012, 08:00 AM
[M] Luneth (1) - Faris
[M] Faris (0) - Wedge

[M] Apollo
11-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Wedge;3171674']Also Leon, what do you say to Penelo selling you out like you're a scum doctor or something? Are you really going to take it lying down? What say you? Tell me.

I take it that you're referring to these?

Penelo;3171248']Seriously though, you should go ahead and investigate Leon. Something not quite right about him. He pipes in from time to time, then he disappears. He's only been active during the last few days, as if he's scum building up to the finale.

Penelo;3171231']Don't know about you, but Leon has some explaining to do. Out of all of the remaining players, besides the obvious scum Faris and me, Leon is looking decidedly more suspicious for me.

Penelo;3171273']Leon over here has fooled you all. That's all I'm going to say.

I mean, I could be reeeeally mean to my friend, but while I may be Mafia, I'm not totally scum. I'll just let you guys to figure it out for yourselves. :)

Penelo;3171266']Trust me, Leon isn't being honest.

Penelo;3171265']Oh why not. Sorry Leon, Faris isn't the only betrayer in the Mafia:

##UNVOTE: [M] Faris

##VOTE: [M] Leon

Penelo;3171262']Welp, times up for me. Have to say, I've been more relevant in this game that I was in XII to be sure :roll2

Oh, and I know I shouldn't really be saying this and I'd have screwed him over (It's just a game, why not end with a last flourish) but Leon? You know what to do. ;)

Bye guys!

That's the mafia trying to get the doctor lynched.
I don't have any proof, and it could be a double-bluff, but I thought it was a pretty obvious lie to throw attention onto me.
I've done a pretty dismal job of protecting the town, but I've done my best.
Hindsight is a bitch xD

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-27-2012, 08:43 AM
Yes, Leon! It is a lie. She said those things for a reason though. She has a partner she's protecting.

[M] Apollo
11-27-2012, 08:51 AM
So is it you, or Luneth? xD

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-27-2012, 08:53 AM
No, it's not me Leon, I'm not nearly strategically minded to carry this caper off.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-27-2012, 08:54 AM
We live or die by our actions right now. In all probability we will die, but there is one glimmer of hope Leon, and I'm gambling that it's with you.

[M] Colette
11-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Why is this the final day? We have two scum left? :confused:

Unless we only have the one? I don't know if I can choose between Leon and Wedge. Maybe we DO only have one scum left. Could there have been a Death Miller in the mafia team? What? None of this makes any sense. I am officially mindsmurfed. Well done, Jiro.

Faris;3171630']It's Luneth.

He should have died on Night 3 when I first targeted him. If his role as Armored Bodyguard is true, he would have been protecting someone, not protecting himself. Seeing as Cid did not turn up mafia as I had hoped, Luneth should be that other mafia besides myself.
Nice try. But why kill Luneth, of all people? She didn't bloody post anything until I showed up on Day 5/6 (can't remember when) And why would not dying make me mafia? If I AM mafia, I'd have to be the Godfather as they are nightkill immune, and we've taken one out and you've told us you're the other. If your story is true, I can only assume I was protected, which can be true of mafia or non-mafia.

[M] Apollo
11-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Did you also receive a moderately creepy rep message from Formalhaut?

[M] Colette
11-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Uh Death Miller that flipped as mafia but wasn't actually mafia, that should read. Thus each team would have 3 members. Maybe that was the Grifter's true role - to make someone who died seem to be mafia - and Penelo lied?

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-27-2012, 08:57 AM
I didn't look at it but yes xD

[M] Apollo
11-27-2012, 08:58 AM
Wedge;3171728']We live or die by our actions right now. In all probability we will die, but there is one glimmer of hope Leon, and I'm gambling that it's with you.
I'm just hoping you're not a mafia whisperer.
If I assume you're not, then we can try to win this together, but if you are then I can come back and say how right I was.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-27-2012, 09:00 AM
I am not the mafia whisper, I have been cleared by 2 cops and a gunsmith.

[M] Colette
11-27-2012, 09:04 AM
With the four players left, three of you must decide who to lynch. The day will contain 24 hours.So it has to be unanimous?

I have no compelling reason to vote for anyone that's not Faris given that he's claimed Godfather.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-27-2012, 09:07 AM
Leon I can no longer turn a blind eye to the fact that it was Luneth that started the whole speedlynch bandwagon against Biggs. You can go look yourself, Luneth posts in the game thread that Psychotic is saying to lynch Biggs who at the time had only one vote on him, my vote! Everyone else had there vote on me or Setzer and then all of a sudden it was "we must do what paul tells us to do!!!" and the whole mafia team jumps right on and lynches Biggs. Relm, Penelo, and Luneth. It's always bothered me but Rikku seemed to accept Luneth's explanation and I was looking to Rikku for leadership

[M] Apollo
11-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Wedge;3171734']I am not the mafia whisper, I have been cleared by 2 cops and a gunsmith.

I forgot about the investigations on you, I was only thinking of the messages you've sent.
Well.

[M] Apollo
11-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Wedge;3171738']Leon I can no longer turn a blind eye to the fact that it was Luneth that started the whole speedlynch bandwagon against Biggs. You can go look yourself, Luneth posts in the game thread that Psychotic is saying to lynch Biggs who at the time had only one vote on him, my vote! Everyone else had there vote on me or Setzer and then all of a sudden it was "we must do what paul tells us to do!!!" and the whole mafia team jumps right on and lynches Biggs. Relm, Penelo, and Luneth. It's always bothered me but Rikku seemed to accept Luneth's explanation and I was looking to Rikku for leadership

I can agree with this. I found the fact that they were constantly agreeing with each other concerning xD

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Also, Luneth fought the town to lynch Relm, someone who had a landslide of evidence against her for Wakka who was not really didn't have anything. He had a secret agenda to keep Relm alive and kill the other mafia faction members.

[M] Colette
11-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Well the question is, if I was this mafia mastermind, why would I get my entire team to speed lynch someone? Kind of gives the game away, no?

[M] Apollo
11-27-2012, 09:14 AM
Luneth;3171731']Uh Death Miller that flipped as mafia but wasn't actually mafia, that should read. Thus each team would have 3 members. Maybe that was the Grifter's true role - to make someone who died seem to be mafia - and Penelo lied?

They all felt right. Especially post death, but who knows.
If it is the case, who?

[M] Galuf - Killed, Night 3 - Mafia Poisoner - Explains the Apothecary and crazy night kills.
[M] Relm - Lynched, Day 6 - Mafia Grifter - Would be the one to 'grift' them.
[M] Wakka - Lynched, Day 7 - Mafia Framer - Shauna played both Framer and Ninja, seems like too much of a coincidence.
[M] Setzer - Killed, Night 5 - Mafia Ninja - Killed Noctis (unless the poison got him) - Shauna played both Framer and Ninja
[M] Blank - Lynched, Day 4 - Mafia Godfather - Means that Noctis was wrong :p
[M] Penelo - Lynched, Day 8 - Mafia Prostitute - Explains roleblocking

They're all sorta plausible, and this is just off the top of my head here, but they all seem to have an 'alibi' xD

[M] Apollo
11-27-2012, 09:16 AM
Luneth;3171744']Well the question is, if I was this mafia mastermind, why would I get my entire team to speed lynch someone? Kind of gives the game away, no?
To answer this without metagaming... double-bluff?

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Luneth;3171744']Well the question is, if I was this mafia mastermind, why would I get my entire team to speed lynch someone? Kind of gives the game away, no?

Because you are Psychotic, the master mind and you did it, you convinced a whole town that what you did was reasonable. You even convinced a cop (albeit and insane one) to jump right on.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Do Leon, it is more than likely I am going to die tonight, and there is a good possibility that you are mafia and I have guessed wrong, but if you are not mafia, if you are the doctor we can lynch Luneth right now and then tomorrow, if we are not night killed (that will be your department) we can vote Faris and win with town.

[M] Colette
11-27-2012, 09:23 AM
I wouldn't do something like that, because it's stupid. Double bluff? Ruse to fool the town? Why? Why on earth would it be worth the risk of outing the entire team? I'm somewhat perplexed you think I'd play that badly. That wouldn't be a master mind, that would be the stupidest move in mafia history. It was reasonable to lynch Biggs, and I stand by that. The mafia clearly bandwagoned because they thought it was funny. Or alternatively, to use against me in the future. Like you're doing now.

[M] Colette
11-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Why would you lynch me and not Faris?

[M] Colette
11-27-2012, 09:24 AM
##vote: Faris

by the way. The man has claimed scum. I am not scum.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-27-2012, 09:26 AM
No Luneth, I don't think you play badly, I think you are playing awesomely to win. A strategic mastermind.

[M] Colette
11-27-2012, 09:28 AM
Why lynch me today and Faris tomorrow? You know 100% Faris is scum. You suspect I'm scum but do you KNOW? Would you risk it? Please don't lose this for us by doing something crazy. If you are so set on me being scum, lynch Faris today and then me tomorrow. I have my own plan. I think that, if there are two scum, I think Wedge is the scum. And I'm going to predict who he kills. And I'm going to kill Wedge, die in the process, and Leon will be the last man standing.

Is that why you want me dead so badly, Wedge? When all logic and reason screams Faris?

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-27-2012, 09:33 AM
I could vote Faris today and I actually put my vote on her, but then we would either be dead before morning or if we could block the mafia attack and be right here pointing fingers at each other. This way I'm pointing the finger now, so that if by the off we get to tomorrow we know exactly what to do, which is lynch Faris and win for town.

Jiro
11-27-2012, 09:35 AM
The lynch doesn't require a "unanimous" decision of course but in order to speed lynch you all have to agree.

Sorry for any inconvenience :monster:

[M] Colette
11-27-2012, 09:35 AM
actually what the hell am I saying? I'm not buying into this. The host says there is no tomorrow. If that's true then there is only one scum. I'm sticking with my theory. You probably are town.

Faris has claimed mafia. It's Faris.

If you want to go ahead and lynch me despite someone else openly claiming to be mafia, on the last day, then the town truly deserved to lose.