obviously ff12

opinions?

Hollycat
11-17-2012, 03:47 AM
13 wasn't bad.
8 was ok.
9 was ok.
7 was meh.
Crisis Core was waaaay too awesome to even be included with the others. Seriously, nostalgia splosion and awesome graphics.

TWOTL was pretty neat
ten was cool, but not as good as 12

krissy
11-17-2012, 04:13 AM
8 was great but i thought the actual title inclusion in the shock effect reel was lame
i think it's my second fave

VeloZer0
11-17-2012, 06:37 AM
I thought 12s was really drawn out and lame. It took quite a lot of exposition before you could actually start playing the game. The concept of the larger intro sequence I liked.

I think my vote has to go to FF7, but it is really a hard decision in a series that I identify with strong opening sequences.

And of course honorable mentions to FF13 and FF10 having intro FMVs that were the coolest parts of their games.

charliepanayi
11-17-2012, 10:00 AM
FFVIII by a mile - I've loved a fair few FF games but that's the one where I loved it from the moment I saw the opening sequence. Liberi Fatali is such a great piece of music.

Karifean
11-17-2012, 02:38 PM
A close call between FF VII and X, but I think X takes the cake. The zoom out on Midgar is awesome, but X's... the music is just amazing and I love that the game comes back to the very scene we witness. I kinda hate that you can't skip it though, cause when you first buy the game, of course you're gonna watch the Prelude, which is the exact same thing. Honorable mentions go to VI and VIII, VI's made a really good atmosphere while VIII's is just epic (although IMO it's inferior to the Prelude/Overture)

Gamblet
11-17-2012, 04:30 PM
I think FF II's (Origins version) opening was pretty neat.

Futan
11-17-2012, 07:03 PM
X followed by VIII for me. I found XII to be way too chock-full of cliches. :x

krissy
11-17-2012, 09:44 PM
Having never played 10, is the intro just the 'Let me tell u my stori i might not get another chance lol' weapons in the hill reel with the sad piano music?

charliepanayi
11-17-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm guessing they're also including the Blitzball arena and the introduction of Sin and Auron as well?

VeloZer0
11-17-2012, 09:57 PM
I know I am.

Futan
11-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Having never played 10, is the intro just the 'Let me tell u my stori i might not get another chance lol' weapons in the hill reel with the sad piano music?

I honestly forgot about that part. Lol. Was just thinking about the Blitzball scene.

Mercen-X
11-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Crisis Core, DoC, VIII, X 1st FMV was impressive to me, XI (I've only watched on YouTube), XII, XIII, XIV (YouTube)

Heath
11-17-2012, 11:26 PM
I'd completely forgotten what the opening to FFXII was like, which is further evidence that I really need to replay the game. It's quite good, but it's rather drawn out, as VeloZer0 said.

I'd say FFVIII hands down. It's not one of my favourite entries in the series by a long way, but it's definitely got my favourite opening. Liberi Fatali is an excellent piece of music, the opening is exciting and edgy and gives some tantalising hints of what's to come. It's probably one of the few openings that has made me genuinely excited about what is to come.

There's a certain nostalgia value attached to FFVII's opening, which I felt this evening when I started a new game and played for about an hour or so, and I love the rendition of Terra's theme at the start of FFVI, and so they deserve honourable mentions. FFX's opening FMVs are also still visually very impressive.

Pete for President
11-17-2012, 11:45 PM
I'd completely forgotten what the opening to FFXII was like, which is further evidence that I really need to replay the game none of it was memorable.

Fixed :greenie:

X takes the cake, both with the sad and serene piano scene as well as Dream Zanarkand getting destroyed by Sin. It just makes you wonder what the hell is going to happen in between those two moments. That concept is really well thought out.

Quindiana Jones
11-19-2012, 11:23 PM
Ah, XII was fantastic. However, I have to go with FFIX (obviously :roll2).

Night Fury
11-20-2012, 03:15 PM
VIII and X for me :)

Jinx
11-20-2012, 03:17 PM
I hate FFVIII, but I have to admit: It has the best intro of the series.

Yar
11-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Yeah I liked IX's opening... The first time. Anytime I play it now, all I can think to myself is "hurry up!!!!" :p It's too long for my impatient bones.

VIII's is my favorite. Epic song, epic video, that opening had me excited before I even did anything.

Raistlin
11-25-2012, 07:18 PM
FFXII's is great.

Honorable mentions to FFVII and VIII (despite VIII being awful otherwise).

Bolivar
11-26-2012, 06:35 AM
Maybe FFVII. I read that Kitase and Uematsu showed Sakaguchi the opening and when it was over he said "very good" in English and left, and they took it that they fully succeeded. It was also the first time a seamless transition between custscene and gameplay took place, something that modern developers still struggle to emulate (or deconstruct) and that blurs the immersion-killing boundary between story and game.

If we're strictly talking cutscenes, FFIX may take the cake. You'd think it was Steven Spielberg directing the game.

But then again FFXII's would have you believe Tarsem was directing it. The raid on the prison is also pretty cool if we're talking gameplay. But VII may take it again there.

The game starts off by having you orchestrate a terrorist attack.

Bubba
11-26-2012, 01:54 PM
X followed by VIII for me

VIII and X for me :)

Yup.

I thought the intro to VIII was simply stunning and I remember being blown away by the water effects on FFX.

maybee
11-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Final Fantasy VIII because it has awesome battle between Seifer and Squall and gives you a short preview for what happens in the game in it's future.

black orb
11-28-2012, 05:12 AM
>>> FF8 is the best intro, I mean that thing was made in the 90`s..
And even today give me chills when I see it..:luca:

Palom Porom
12-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Most definitely the PSP version for IV and The After Years.
Those two intros were insane. But a close second and third is X and XII.

Del Murder
12-18-2012, 05:28 AM
VII's was the most memorable. To see this gigantic futuristic city only to find out you are a terrorist trying to blow part of it up. Good stuff.

XIII's was also pretty decent and it was one of the best parts of the game.

VIII's opening video is the best though simply for the music.