PDA

View Full Version : To Zanarkand or Suteki Da Ne?

Karifean
11-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Which did you prefer? Including all remixes, so tracks like Movement In Green, Ending Theme count towards To Zanarkand while Fleeting Dream, Yuna's Theme, Spira count towards Suteki Da Ne.

Formalhaut
11-17-2012, 09:15 PM
I love Suteki Da Ne, though I have to admit Movement In Green is just a stunning background piece.

I wish there was a "I love both" option but I went for Suteki Da Ne, for me lyrical pieces just hit the spot with me.

FFIX Choco Boy
11-17-2012, 10:17 PM
If forced to choose, Suteki Da Ne. It's a really emotional piece, and my girlfriend and I have found that there's a version by Katethegreat19 that describes a point in our relationship really well. However, I also really love listening to To Zanarkand, as I find the mystic quality of the sound fits the area extremely well.

Pete for President
11-17-2012, 11:54 PM
To Zanarkand because I think it's darker melody is more characteristic for the game and my musical taste seems to lean more towards minor than major. Lyrical pieces in videogames don't really work for me so I always skip the vocal version of Suteki Da Ne, but I do love Spira and Fleeting Dream. In the end I just think To Zanarkand has a bit more emotion in it.

Heath
11-18-2012, 12:42 AM
To Zanarkand, definitely.

I like Suteki Da Ne, and I think it's a nice piece, but the piano is my favourite instrument by far and I really love To Zanarkand. It's a memorable piece, which I think conveys a rather delicate and foreboding tone for the game ahead. It's among my favourite piano pieces from the whole series.

Yar
11-18-2012, 02:56 PM
I used to prefer To Zanarkand but Suteki da ne grew on me. Like Pete for President I also don't care much for lyrical pieces in games. But if I hear it outside of the game I really like it. :)