PDA

View Full Version : Things you're STILL terrified of!

Aulayna
11-18-2012, 04:07 AM
The natural continuation of Pike's thread as I realised I was hijacking it with my present self oddities!

What were you afraid of as a kid that you're still afraid of now?

As a rather boring starter:

Satanspawns AKA spiders!

FFIX Choco Boy
11-18-2012, 04:09 AM
Leeches, snails, worms... any parasitic animal shaped like a worm, basically. And even most non-parasitic ones.

Mercen-X
11-18-2012, 04:14 AM
I'm cautious around spiders and bees. I'm not terrified of anything. I'm not sure I'm even a bit scared of anything. I recognize my limitations. Honestly, I can't think of anything that's scary. True fear is paralyzing. I can be shocked because I don't have heightened senses with which to be aware of everything that's happening around me at all times, but shock is hardly fear. It's actually sad. My cousin once told me she can't enjoy a rollercoaster ride unless she's screaming and she can't scream unless the person next to her is screaming. I almost feel that I can't feel scared of anything unless I'm around other people who are actually scared. Even then, I'll only be cautious.

krissy
11-18-2012, 04:18 AM
losing others

Citizen Bleys
11-18-2012, 04:32 AM
the Amnion.

Pheesh
11-18-2012, 05:07 AM
Rollercoasters >_<

Jiro
11-18-2012, 07:02 AM
What am I still terrified of...? Noises in the dark. Not like, generic noises. I mean like rustling and nearby howling because both of those things signal animals that can and will fucking bite me to death.

CimminyCricket
11-18-2012, 07:03 AM
I'm still terrified of ghosts and shitting myself.

Shorty
11-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Murderers, rapists, natural disasters.

Chris
11-18-2012, 11:12 AM
I love all animals, and there is only one species that truly frightens and dísgust me - snakes. I have so many nightmarish experiences when it comes to snakes. Being attacked by a long green snake while I'm peacefully plucking bananas. Being harassed by a swimming snake while I'm lazily drifting in the sea.

Jiro
11-18-2012, 12:42 PM
I'm still terrified of ... troutting myself.

Oh man probably the scariest thing about death is being a pants shitter.

Pike
11-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Moths

Brennan
11-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Yesterday, me and my parents went to a wedding.
At the reception, my dad got drunk to the point he started dancing.
The thought still brings tears of sorrow to my eyes.
Thread, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

Old Manus
11-18-2012, 04:05 PM
People in the Guardian comments section

Lonely Paper Star
11-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Well.. at night, there's always some random tapping/scurrying coming from the roof to the side of my window, which faces the backyard. I was always too chicken to open the blinds to see what's going on (much less even go out there to investigate), but I always tell myself that there's a rational explanation. There probably is, but I get superstitious sometimes.

And at around the same time, my TV, bookshelf and other pieces of furniture in my room always creak and settle. What. ;____;

Leen-Leen
11-19-2012, 02:15 AM
COCKROACHES :(
JUST WHY

Futan
11-19-2012, 02:59 AM
Bugs "scare" me a bit. I tend to flair my arms about like a girlyman around them. XD lol.

Judgment is really the only thing I can think of that absolutely terrifies me. :-/

Laddy
11-19-2012, 06:20 AM
Blood. I am very, very afraid of blood and dismemberment, that's why I'm generally against playing overly gory games and watching particularly films and the like. :(

Zeldy
11-19-2012, 11:04 AM
Crane fly, enclosed spaces and zombies.

Jinx
11-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Ghosts.

Shoeberto
11-19-2012, 02:47 PM
losing others
Right in the feels.

People in the Guardian Drudge Report-linked articles comments section

My answer: The unknowable intents of those around me.

Night Fury
11-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Rollercoasters and any other kind of terrifying 'fun' ride that could potentially cause me to shit myself while suspended in the air. :eep:

Moths, ever since a massssssivvveee one flew at my face one night in Mexico, I cannot stand them, I could hear it's wings wafting and I nearly fell off the cabin ladder D:

Raw meat, well I'm not scared of it, I just don't like handling it really, and I go a bit mad if I know someone has been handling it in the kitchen and hasn't wiped the surfaces down afterwards.

Stray dogs/dogs off leash. Been bitten by loads of nasty strays.

maybee
11-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Peacocks because when the feathers go up... and those creepy looking eye things on the feathers.... :bowser:

Aulayna
11-20-2012, 03:29 AM
On a slightly related note - young me was certainly more fearless than I am now.

Back then I could play games like RE, Silent Hill, Fear, Eternal Darkness etc and watch horror movies and not even flinch at them.

These days I have lingering apprehension about even turning a corner in such games...

>_>

Flaming Ice
11-20-2012, 05:03 AM
People's driving....sheesh....

Lonely Paper Star
11-20-2012, 05:34 AM
OH, and I should mention heights. Even if someone picks me up, I yell at them to put me down. :<

And I don't trust anesthesia. I have this paranoia-like fear that I would wake up in the middle of an operation or something else painful. I've never been in a true surgical operation, but I was always scared the numbness would fade away too early and I'd be left in utter pain.

maybee
11-20-2012, 08:14 AM
On a slightly related note - young me was certainly more fearless than I am now.

Back then I could play games like RE, Silent Hill, Fear, Eternal Darkness etc and watch horror movies and not even flinch at them.

These days I have lingering apprehension about even turning a corner in such games...

>_>

This

I wish that I could go back to my fearless younger days, because these days a game like Silent Hill would make so nevours and ill.