PDA

View Full Version : Headaches

Pike
11-19-2012, 01:50 AM
I get these every so often. They suck. How does one go about avoiding them?

Usually getting a decent amount of sleep keeps them at bay but sometimes they show up anyway.

Leen-Leen
11-19-2012, 02:07 AM
Oh nooo! Haha I had such a terrible headache the other day while watching Wreck-It Ralph. It kind of ruined the movie a little but it was still amazing anyway. I just took a nap and it went away :P

One thing I noticed a while ago that was causing me a lot of headaches was the wrong eyeglasses prescription ... like my vision had gotten a lot weaker since my last check up, so I found myself squinting a lot and such. I think that gave me headaches :P

Futan
11-19-2012, 02:48 AM
I get migraines every once in a while. It seems like I get them when I sleep in too much. Not sure that's exactly what does it. They last almost the entire day and are awful. I try not to sleep in too much to prevent them. Although it doesn't always work. :-/ I don't get them often enough to try any other preventative measures really.

FFIX Choco Boy
11-19-2012, 07:18 AM
I used to have chronic migraines/headaches, but they've subsided a lot lately. I hated them, but really couldn't do much about them. Even medicine rarely worked, so I pretty much just had to deal with it.

kotora
11-19-2012, 08:30 AM
Staying hydrated when I'm drinking

Chris
11-19-2012, 09:34 AM
I've found that trying to sleep it off, only makes it worse. Well, at least with me. :|

Shorty
11-19-2012, 12:51 PM
I usually only get hypoglycemic headaches that can be solved with eating. I don't think I've ever had a migraine in my entire life.

Try 800mg of ibuprofen, that should do it.

Jinx
11-19-2012, 02:08 PM
I get migraines often. :(

Balzac
11-19-2012, 02:19 PM
I eat lots of pills

Night Fury
11-19-2012, 02:22 PM
I spent 2 years having between 2 and 3 (sometimes more) migraines a week, I was at the dr's all the time, sometimes I'd wake up with a migraine and have to go and make myself vomit to ease it, that's all that helped sometimes. It was horrible :(

Now I never get them, still not entirely sure why I used to, but it's a relief, and now if I ever get a headache it's just a headache and not a migraine. The first time I got a headache I was actually happy! Because it wasn't a migraine so I knew I was getting better!

Now I just avoid too much caffeine, drink plenty of water, and if I feel one coming on, I'll take some painkillers straight away.

NorthernChaosGod
11-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Man, other than the flu and some bad hangovers, I can't even remember ever having a headache.

Faris
11-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Depends on what I've been doing that day. Usually food, water, coffee, brushing my teeth after coffee, or a shower helps.

Migraines on the other hand... Advil if I have to survive the day or hide in a dark quiet room until it passes.

Clo
11-19-2012, 08:31 PM
I've started getting headaches over lame things, like when I go to the movie theater. It sucks, I feel like an old lady.

Denmark
11-20-2012, 11:41 PM
I may have had a migraine once. Maybe.

I've had plenty of headaches, though. Usually prevented or treated by staying hydrated, drinking caffeine, or eating something. If all else fails I'll take some drugs and lie down or something.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-21-2012, 12:15 AM
I've never had a lot of issues with headaches. I get them sometimes when a cold has my sinuses clogged up.

I do remember when I was studying pressure points, I was told that massaging the one that's on the back of the hand between your thumb and index finger is supposed to help relieve the pain.

I call bulltrout, because that pressure point does nothing but hurt when you press it. I've never had a migraine (not complaining) so I've never had a reason to try it.

Mirage
11-21-2012, 12:16 AM
Hydration, bros.

Jiro
11-22-2012, 01:09 AM
Don't headbutt things.

Raistlin
11-25-2012, 05:32 PM
I have chronic headaches, and they don't seem to be avoidable. They can be caused by pretty much anything: too little sleep, too much sleep, sleeping with too much pressure on my neck, eye strain, or even no apparent cause at all. Headaches suck.

Bubba
11-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Have you tried not having a headache?

If that doesn't work, I think removal of the head takes the pain away quite quickly.

Seriously though, I only get headaches when I've been drinking and don't stay hydrated. That and whenever I hear Janet Street-Porter's voice.

Jinx
11-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Today I've been having the worst migraine of my life. I took four ibuprofen, and it did absolutely nothing. When I left my bedroom, the light just killed me--felt like someone shot spikes in my eyes and head.

Blah.

Jiro
11-28-2012, 01:46 AM
My lack of sleep and food is kind killing my head right now.