PDA

View Full Version : for my dream wedding

Zeldy
11-19-2012, 12:18 PM
i want to hire Richard Cheese and Lounge Against The Machine to play at my wedding. I'm either going to have to pay an arm and a leg to get them over to Britain or marry an American to make it cheaper (I looked him up, it'll cost between £6500-9000 to book him but I dread to add travel to that).

I can visualise it now, all my guests arriving and hearing this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7cgLu0PuQo

Whats going to be your individual thing at your wedding?

Parker
11-19-2012, 12:23 PM
I won't be getting married but I wouldn't mind a truly massive cake even though if I do get married I imagine it will be a small affair.

like 10-20 close family and friends all around a massive 10 tier ornate cake and it's just so decadent and wasteful but who cares

Shorty
11-19-2012, 12:45 PM
A black dress and a Halloween-themed reception.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-19-2012, 01:24 PM
That sounds like a lot of fun.

Jinx
11-19-2012, 02:02 PM
I want to marry a hot Indian and have a Bollywood style wedding.

Seriously. Henna that shit UP.

Miriel
11-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Indian weddings are smurfing amazing.

If I had unlimited money and a wedding do-over, I'd have a camping wedding. But a super ritzy one. Like at the Resort at Paws Up (http://cdn.greenweddingshoes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/pawsup-visit-12.jpg):

http://cdn.greenweddingshoes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/pawsup-visit-11.jpg
http://cdn.greenweddingshoes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/pawsup-visit-12.jpg

We'd go white water rafting, zorbing, hiking and general camping fun times for 2 days and then on the 3rd day (this would be during a long weekend) we'd have a huge delicious BBQ and get married under the stars and surrounded by bonfires.

But this resort is minimum $1000/night so unless I become a millionaire....

Pike
11-19-2012, 05:19 PM
My dream wedding involves going to City Hall, signing the paperwork, and then inviting friends over for cupcakes or something. xD

Jinx
11-19-2012, 05:34 PM
My dream wedding involves going to City Hall, signing the paperwork, and then inviting friends over for cupcakes or something. xD

LET ME MARRY YOU AND HUX OKAY I WILL GET ORDAINED ON THE WEBZ

Faris
11-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Individual special thing? Ugh, I don't know. Won't know until I get to that point in my life either. It freaks me right out that my best friend once had her wedding completely planned down to the last detail... dress, cake, floral, everything.

If I had to pick something today, I would want a wedding that isn't stupid expensive, over crowded, and most importantly fun for myself, partner, and all the guests. Extremely detailed, I know. :roll2

Psychotic
11-19-2012, 07:47 PM
My dream wedding would have to be to another human being, I think. Preferably alive, but not an absolute necessity.

Madame Adequate
11-19-2012, 07:48 PM
My dream wedding would have to be to another human being, I think. Preferably alive, but not an absolute necessity.

Bigot

Clo
11-19-2012, 08:29 PM
I want to have a yellow dress. And so much dancing everyone gets nosebleeds.

Aulayna
11-19-2012, 08:55 PM
I'd want a video game themed wedding. Purely so I can have Yuna's wedding dress.

Although a purely Zelda themed one where all alcoholic beverages come in potion bottles and the little gifts at the food table come in little treasure chests that make the DA-DA-DA-DAAAAAA noise when opened and everyone gets an empty bottle and a rupee which they can cash in at a table to fill their glass bottle full of pick'n'mix sweets. There would also be a campfire outside where people can roast marshmallows and such and lots of little carnival games to win things like cuddly toys etc.

I may have thought about this too much...

Night Fury
11-19-2012, 10:26 PM
I'd love a beachy wedding, but that's not that individual tbh.

I think of everyone in my family, I'll be the one who just fucks off and elopes abroad or something :greenie:

Chris
11-19-2012, 10:33 PM
A dream wedding? Wait, gay couples can marry? :greenie:

Zeldy
11-19-2012, 10:43 PM
I'd want a video game themed wedding. Purely so I can have Yuna's wedding dress.

Although a purely Zelda themed one where all alcoholic beverages come in potion bottles and the little gifts at the food table come in little treasure chests that make the DA-DA-DA-DAAAAAA noise when opened and everyone gets an empty bottle and a rupee which they can cash in at a table to fill their glass bottle full of pick'n'mix sweets. There would also be a campfire outside where people can roast marshmallows and such and lots of little carnival games to win things like cuddly toys etc.

I may have thought about this too much...

YES! I also sorta want to say in my vows 'I have found my master of time'

:333333333333

Jowy
11-19-2012, 10:55 PM
groomsmen in ghostbusters outfits.

Quindiana Jones
11-19-2012, 11:09 PM
I, like Mike Pike, want to go to the Town Hall, sign my stuff, and then spend all the money that we saved for a giant waste-of-money ceremony on doing something worthwhile, like upgrading our PCs and buying the latest games. Also, travel the world together as the honeymoon.

Money no object, I'd get married ON THE MOOOOOOON!

escobert
11-19-2012, 11:26 PM
Blunts for all! and all for Blunts!

fire_of_avalon
11-20-2012, 01:15 AM
groomsmen in ghostbusters outfits.

brb marrying Jowy.

Jiro
11-22-2012, 01:13 AM
Good question. Uhh. All of the music would be video game tracks and remixes of video game tracks and we'd have a couple of consoles set up and any objectors need to duel me in one game or another to see if their objection stands.

nik0tine
11-22-2012, 01:58 AM
A dream wedding? Wait, gay couples can marry? :greenie:In their dreams.

Cuchulainn
11-22-2012, 02:33 AM
Never marrying again. you're all nuts. don't do it.

I actually dont remember much of my wedding i was completely bloutered and had to be carried to the hotelroom. Woke up on the bedroom floor. The warning signs were there early as to how trout a husband i'd be. I swear if i didnt have me looks and charm i'd be a virgin.

Araciel
11-22-2012, 07:00 AM
A dream wedding? Wait, gay couples can marry? :greenie:

yep.

Heath
11-23-2012, 07:36 PM
I worked on a department store wedding service for a while and got to go to the wedding fayres for work. I'd like a reasonably traditional church wedding in a church. There are a few hymns I'd like (including Jerusalem).

One more exciting feature I'd like, which I saw at a wedding fayre, is an owl that swoops down the aisle to deliver the rings. And yes, it's just as awesome as it sounds.

Jinx
11-23-2012, 07:51 PM
I worked on a department store wedding service for a while and got to go to the wedding fayres for work. I'd like a reasonably traditional church wedding in a church. There are a few hymns I'd like (including Jerusalem).

One more exciting feature I'd like, which I saw at a wedding fayre, is an owl that swoops down the aisle to deliver the rings. And yes, it's just as awesome as it sounds.

That'd be perfect for an HP themed wedding.

brb getting married in wizard's robes

Jiro
11-24-2012, 12:48 AM
I feel like that leaves itself open to attack by Death Eaters and a big fat hairy dude busting down the door and saying "yer a wizard 'arry"

Cuchulainn
11-24-2012, 01:21 AM
Actually i forgot. I'm marrying Alice. Well after thatr then, NO MORE MARRIAGES SO HELP ME GOD

Raistlin
11-25-2012, 05:22 PM

Pretty much.

However, if I'm ever forced to have any sort of reception, my wedding song will be this ode to true love (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VurhzANQ_B0).