PDA

View Full Version : Weird fascinations

Aulayna
11-19-2012, 08:42 PM
So I'm fairly sure we all have something weird that we find fascinating that other people would consider gross or weird.

For me it's the body - things like dead skin flakes, snot, scab peelings, blood, hair etc - if it came from my own body I'm so intrigued by it and lose minutes just looking at it from different angles. If I had a microscope I dare say I'd use that and run all sorts of tests.

On the flipside though, that shit from someone elses body I'd happilly be a country mile away from and squirm at the sight of it...

Chris
11-19-2012, 09:47 PM
Call me crazy, but I absolutely love cleaning out my ears. It feels so good to just dig in there and get it all out. :D

Mwahahaha...

Shiny
11-20-2012, 06:34 AM
I can tell this thread is going to lead to a bad place.

Aulayna
11-20-2012, 06:40 AM
It's okay we're (mostly) all adults here.

FFIX Choco Boy
11-21-2012, 02:46 AM
Cracking my joints. ALL OF THEM. I just love it. Especially in my back and my ankles.

Laddy
11-21-2012, 04:00 AM
The University of Sankore is an oddly specific passion of mine.

Værn
11-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Cracking my joints. ALL OF THEM. I just love it. Especially in my back and my ankles.
This.
I am utterly unable to keep myself from cracking joints, starting from my fingers (one at a time of course), during periods of awkward silence.

Shorty
11-21-2012, 04:58 PM
I go on kicks every once in a while and look up horrific crimes and serial killers and their victims and methods and just an overall manner of morbidity.

But I can't be the only one who does this.

Jinx
11-21-2012, 05:24 PM
I go on kicks every once in a while and look up horrific crimes and serial killers and their victims and methods and just an overall manner of morbidity.

But I can't be the only one who does this.

I'm more into Nazi medical experiments, myself.

Shorty
11-21-2012, 05:25 PM
Been there, done that.

Jinx
11-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Also, micropenises. Fascinate the hell out of me!

Shorty
11-21-2012, 05:29 PM
okay well you're on your own with that

Jinx
11-21-2012, 05:32 PM
i just don't understand them saltza but i want to okay

Aulayna
11-22-2012, 12:27 AM
I have a couple more things:

- The Weather - I smurfing love weather, especially thunderstorms, tornado's etc it fascinates me.
- Ghost stories - although I always have a habit of randomly reading them just before I go to bed.

Araciel
11-22-2012, 12:38 AM
Dat ass

Jiro
11-22-2012, 12:52 AM
Call me crazy, but I absolutely love cleaning out my ears. It feels so good to just dig in there and get it all out. :D

Mwahahaha...

Oh god a Q-tip in the ear is better than all of the sex ever I'm telling you

Mercen-X
11-22-2012, 05:36 AM
I wake up nights with earwax on my finger having apparently tried to clean out my itchy ear while I was asleep.

Guilty. Up until about three months ago, I've been obsessed with popping my joints. It always went that once one joint popped, I had to pop the rest until there was nothing left to pop. Even with all the warnings from people that popping opened air pockets in my joints that, once I aged significantly, would result that I would always been in severe pain from my joints. I've been popping my joints since I was about 15-16. I would normally pop my joints for the same reason some people might "pop" pain pills, it was a form of relief. I started to fight the urge as of August-September, even though when I woke up in the morning, my back ached all the way up my spine (as usual since this started)... a few weeks later, the pain went away all on its own. The only joint on my body that still randomly hurts is my pinky toe (I suspect it's due to wearing too-small shoes as a child growing up).

I don't like the hairs growing on my body. Mostly because they seem to grow at random. I always have to find a way to get rid of them. There are some that grow from a mole on the back of my hand. There's a strange cluster on the side of my stomach. Occasionally, a single hair will sprout from the back of my upper arm. Also hair sprouts sporadically from my back (one here, one way over there, one a little bit this way... wtF?). I despise inconsistency is pretty much my point.

Lonely Paper Star
11-24-2012, 11:48 PM
- The Weather - I smurfing love weather, especially thunderstorms, tornado's etc it fascinates me.

I love weather stuff, too! And watching natural disaster documentaries. I tried to find everything I could about Pompeii on Netflix. :T

- Ghost stories - although I always have a habit of randomly reading them just before I go to bed.

I love those. I also read a lot of creepypasta. And this (http://www.scp-wiki.net/).

I won't get near the "real ghost" videos, but I love them in 'found footage film' format ([REC], Paranormal Activity, etc). I won't touch a Ouija board either, but I'll read every account of people's experiences with them I can find.

As far as unrelated weird fascinations are concerned.... I'm obsessed with learning about North Korea. My final paper in one of my classes even had to do with North Korea.

Tigmafuzz
11-25-2012, 01:11 AM
Call me crazy, but I absolutely love cleaning out my ears.

This.

Cracking my joints. ALL OF THEM.

And this.

And also this.

I love those. I also read a lot of creepypasta. And this (http://www.scp-wiki.net/).

The entire SCP wiki and the Holders series were awesome reads. I sometimes go to r/nosleep when I'm in a creepypasta mood (since there aren't any good ones anywhere else, being written mostly by ten year olds these days) and write some creepy stories myself occasionally when I'm bored.

My only weird fascination is learning things. I want to be a human library one day. Or some kind of maximum authority consultant for the entire scientific community :shobon:

blackmage_nuke
11-25-2012, 07:04 AM
I enjoy cleaning out my ears as well as picking hardened or viscous snot out of my nose (Anything that isnt runny and watery).
I also get a minor kick out of flossing.

Raistlin
11-25-2012, 05:18 PM
I have a weird fascination with posting on an internet message board full of nerds.

Also cracking my joints.

Pike
11-27-2012, 01:09 AM
Ear-cleaning friends I am warning you now

One time I went too deep and burst my eardrum and it was not pretty

DO NOT BE LIKE ME.

Jiro
11-27-2012, 09:47 AM
Ear-cleaning friends I am warning you now

One time I went too deep and burst my eardrum and it was not pretty

DO NOT BE LIKE ME.

That sounds bad but oh god it's so good just mmmmm

FFIX Choco Boy
11-27-2012, 01:53 PM
To be fair, there are risks that go with any kind of pleasure.

Jinx
11-27-2012, 02:27 PM
I can't really use Q-Tips anymore. My ears have gotten way too sensitive. I can only pour peroxide in and let it bubble, then tilt my head back over.

I Make Kenta Rawr!
11-27-2012, 02:52 PM

Hollycat
11-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Bizzare medical conditions, strange and deadly diseases, forms of torure, forms of execution, cryptids, deadliest and strangest animals, modern torture techniques, biological warfare, there are too many humans, how to build a nuclear fusion bomb. famous massacres, war crimes, circulatory anatomy of the human adult, nervous anatomy of the human adult, magnetic reactions on the human brain, firestorms, Rainbow Dash, types of pistols, types of modern rifles, knives, katanas, ninjato, famous unsolved murder cases, ten deadliest poisons, ten deadliest venoms, persona 4, which girl should I date?

All of these things have been typed into my search bar in the last month at least once.

I Make Kenta Rawr!
11-27-2012, 03:22 PM

Bubba
11-27-2012, 05:48 PM
So I'm fairly sure we all have something weird that we find fascinating that other people would consider gross or weird.

FFVIII.

Goldenboko
11-28-2012, 04:07 AM
This one is for Laddy. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNS_29hEkrw&feature=g-u)

Værn
11-28-2012, 05:16 PM
...strange and deadly diseases, forms of torure, forms of execution... deadliest and strangest animals, modern torture techniques, biological warfare... how to build a nuclear fusion bomb. famous massacres, war crimes... firestorms, Rainbow Dash, types of pistols, types of modern rifles, knives, katanas, ninjato, famous unsolved murder cases, ten deadliest poisons, ten deadliest venoms...
Something seems ever so slightly out of place on your list...

Night Fury
11-28-2012, 07:09 PM
Squeezing a spot. I don't know. It's just so gross but AMAZING.

Tigmafuzz
11-28-2012, 11:50 PM
there are too many humans

:D

FFIX Choco Boy
11-29-2012, 04:08 AM
Also, cats. I love cats. And chocobos. If chocobos were real, I'd own a lot of them.

Hollycat
11-29-2012, 04:49 AM

Would you still laugh if you knew I actually meant that?

Tigmafuzz
11-29-2012, 06:14 AM

...Did you think I was laughing?

Hollycat
11-29-2012, 06:18 AM

...Did you think I was laughing?
twa i did