PDA

View Full Version : Last Meal

sharkythesharkdogg
11-20-2012, 02:08 AM
I feel like rambling. Join me.

I was reading about final meal requests (http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/photogallery/last-meals.html?curPhoto=5) (I suppose I was in a morbid mood?), and I thought some of my observations were interesting. This isn't a comprehensive list. I just read about 30 people or so, and it's entirely unscientific. Just the way I likes it.

By race

Black Men: The most popular choice appeared to be cheeseburgers, or fried chicken. Seems like a majority them requested one of those. It was really close. Followed by the occasional steak or pork chop. Popular sides were greens, buttered corn, french fries, chef salads, and things like that. Some times it would be a breakfast item. Desserts appeared to mostly be different types of cake or ice cream. Coke and Dr. Pepper were popular drinks. Sweet tea was also up there.

White Men: It's true. They love sandwiches. Well, cheeseburgers, but that's in the sandwich family. This was probably tied with fried chicken. Then of course there were a few steaks and pork chops. Their sides were also pretty similar to everyone else, but they seemed to also like mashed potatoes a little more. I can understand, as creamed potatoes kick ass. White people also ordered TexMex and several of them did the whole breakfast for dinner. Once again Coke, Dr. Pepper, and sweet tea were frequently requested. Cake or ice cream was also a very popular dessert.

Hispanic Men: The entrees were usually TexMex, fried chicken and burgers. Everyone likes fried chicken or a burger apparently. Sides were the usual salads and things. Desserts were also typical, with pie, cake, and ice cream.

Unusual requests: Cup of hot tea and six chocolate chip cookies, a bag of Jolly Ranchers, an entire bowl of salad dressing, a single olive with the pit still in and nothing else, only cool whip and cherries, only a single pot of coffee.

Females: There were only two, so it's basically nothing to go on. A banana, a peach, a garden salad with ranch dressing. The other one wanted a bag of cheetos and a soda. I guess they didn't eat much because they were still worried about getting fat? :mock: No? Fiiine.

Rambling: One thing was interesting. 3-4 people asked for KFC fried chicken, and they were all white, from what I recall. I'll have to side with the everyone on this one. If I'm going to die, I want it hand breaded and fried. :| They also liked fast food in general. Dominos and Burger Kind made a few appearances. Fast food as a last meal?

Other than white people and their fast food and "brinner", everyone seemed to have really similar taste.

Some people really love to gorge themselves. I suppose they're trying to enjoy every favorite thing one last time.

No one ordered any alcohol! Maybe it has something to do with the lethal injection, but if not then I'm completely surprised. Before I go, I want a beer. :colbert: Several people ordered a lot of soda. 6 to 15 cans.

Ordering cheeseburgers and fried chicken at the same time was popular across the board.

So now that my random rambling is out of the way, what would be your last meal? Y'know, besides the obligatory chicken fried cheese burger. I still can't decide. I want everything from a bento box, to lobster, to meatloaf with mashed potatoes with gravy and broccoli. That's right, it's another thread about food!

Feel free to ramble about any of my ramblings too. Some of those last requests were odd.

Finally, let's keep it light hearted. Any debates about your stance on the death penalty should be taken to EOEO. This is for your last meal thoughts, or your thoughts on the last meal requests of others.

Futan
11-20-2012, 02:56 AM
Either a full breakfast. Pancakes, bacon, eggs overeasy, toast, etc. or Olive Garden. :x Stuffed mushrooms, fettuccine alfredo and plenty of salad and breadsticks. XD I'm leaning towards full breakfast though. <3Breakfast. lol

Aulayna
11-20-2012, 02:58 AM
A Sunday Roast Dinner.

http://www.rhiwderininn.co.uk/userimages/SLUnch.jpg

/thread

DMKA
11-20-2012, 04:03 AM
Waffle House and a fifth of Jack.

Kalilung
11-20-2012, 04:19 AM
Filet mignon and mushroom risotto. With asparagus.

Laddy
11-20-2012, 04:59 AM
Soylent Green. Got a reputation to keep, amirite?

Jinx
11-20-2012, 01:17 PM
I'd order a Philadelphia roll, eel roll, and spicy tuna roll.

Then some chicken tikka masala, basmati rice, coconut soup, vegetable korma, and paneer naan.

Then probably some green curry with chicken.

I want to die as an Asian.

Chris
11-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Ooh, so many delicious choices, although the circumstances are less delicious. :(

Last meal? Hmm, probably, likely, some seafood lasagna.

http://thatssoyummy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/3727389506_c1b5d43d74_o1.jpg

Sephex
11-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Something basic like a Sausage and Swiss cheese omelet. Hash browns on the side and small pancakes. Good stuff, man.

Night Fury
11-20-2012, 03:03 PM
A roast beef dinner, with yorkshire pudding, roast parsnips, carrots, peas, mashed and roast potatoes, savoy cabbage.... the works.

I don't know about Dessert, maybe I'd just ask them to give me a full chocolate gateaux and a spoon.

Hollycat
11-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Taco buffet and fried mushrooms.

Faris
11-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Steeeeak on top of garlic bread with cheese, shriiiiiimp, garlic mashed potatoes, veggie medley (WITHOUT CARROTS :stare:), rice pilaf, cheese cake...You know what? Just give me the entire fridge.

Pheesh
11-20-2012, 04:45 PM
A crayfish in garlic butter sauce placed on top of a thick cut of rib eye, a breast of duck confit, potatoes au gratin, and some pasta agli e olio on the side. For dessert a slice of plain cheesecake.

Jowy
11-20-2012, 04:57 PM
Pot roast, potatoes, corn, and french bread to soak the gravy up with. Om nom.

Shorty
11-20-2012, 05:25 PM
My mom's pot roast and mashed potatoes and my family's peach dessert to follow, accompanied by as much gin as I can down before they inject me.

I am ashamed of those ladies who ordered bananas and salads (unless they were vegetarian).

Mercen-X
11-21-2012, 01:32 AM
My order would be NSFW. :jokey:

All joking aside: Reese's holiday stuff (peanut butter tree/heart/egg/pumpkin)

But seriously, I'd rather have the :jokey:

fire_of_avalon
11-21-2012, 01:55 AM
Waffle House and a fifth of Jack.

I like the cut of your jib, baby.

As for me, twenty five 5 Hour Energy drinks, a quart of moonshine made in the radiator of 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner 426 Hemi. I'm going out my own way, doggone it.

NorthernChaosGod
11-21-2012, 08:24 AM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCxFn3sAw68&feature=plcp) for dinner and this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvUku7zAXVE&feature=plcp) for dessert.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-21-2012, 02:01 PM
I just do not get epic meal time. The announcer annoys the fuck out of me.

Night Fury
11-21-2012, 02:09 PM
Also, how have none of them died of like... heart failure yet? xD

Jiro
11-22-2012, 01:08 AM
Something fucking huge so that I die from overconsumption. Or the event is delayed because HANG THE FUCK ON I'M STILL EATING

Pike
11-22-2012, 01:23 AM
I was just reading about this today and how one guy was really pissed that he didn't get the can of Spaghetti-O's that he wanted.

Anyways I'd order a Pepperoni Pizza and a Mountain Dew Live Wire, followed by a big giant bowl of Moose Tracks ice cream for dessert.

Tigmafuzz
11-22-2012, 01:56 AM
I'd order a Pepperoni Pizza and a Mountain Dew Live Wire, followed by a big giant bowl of Moose Tracks mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert.

:up:

And a Dr Pepper, since I usually drink two things at the same time.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-22-2012, 02:12 AM
Enjoying more than one beverage seemed to be a common thing.

Citizen Bleys
11-22-2012, 02:24 AM
What did Jesus have? I'll have that.

I think it was ham?

fire_of_avalon
11-22-2012, 02:25 AM
I'm so pissed because I clicked that link and some of the alternate links were all these awful crimes that make me want to kill the perpetrators.

You suck!

rubah
11-22-2012, 04:33 PM
a huge bowl of katsu don

Parker
11-22-2012, 04:55 PM
Just like one of a lot of the things I like. Wouldn't have to eat it all but I couldn't die without having one last lasagna or cheeseburger or chocolate cake or toffee pudding. So a bite or two of each I think.

I would eat it slowly and I would weep.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-22-2012, 05:33 PM
That could work, maybe I'll drink Parker's tears as a last meal.

NorthernChaosGod
11-22-2012, 09:46 PM
I just do not get epic meal time. The announcer annoys the fuck out of me.
Fuck you.

Also, how have none of them died of like... heart failure yet? xD

Because they don't eat like this all the time? xD

sharkythesharkdogg
11-23-2012, 03:27 AM
I just do not get epic meal time. The announcer annoys the smurf out of me.
smurf you.

Well fuck you, buddy. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8gQCWNBJDg)

Raistlin
11-25-2012, 05:39 PM
Anyone who doesn't get steak is doing it wrong.

And then I'd have a dump truck full of Reese's peanut butter eggs. They can't kill me if I kill myself from pure bliss first.

Also, I think it's a safe assumption that they're not allowed to have alcohol.

Araciel
11-25-2012, 08:03 PM
your SOUL

*eats everyone then leaves*

That or a nice filet mignon followed by chicken-fried steak. Then some Alice Springs Chicken....also some stovetop stuffing smothered in newfoundlander gravy and a heap of mashed potatoes with some fried garlic, mushrooms and onions on the side, along with copped sweet carrots. A giant stein of ice cold homo milk to drink, if they don't allow beer.

hot apple crumble with vanilla ice cream for dessert.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-25-2012, 11:37 PM
For the purposes of this thread, alcohol shall be allowed. It's just wrong to not have that option at your last meal.

Raistlin
11-25-2012, 11:55 PM
Then I'll add on a bottle of Grey Goose and a 2L bottle of tonic to my order. Plus some limes.

Jiro
11-26-2012, 02:41 AM
Just give me some fucking absinthe and I'll go out with a bang.

Madame Adequate
11-26-2012, 02:55 AM
Yeah I imagine I'd go for some big-ass meal from Arby's or something. What, I'm worrying about my cholesterol when I'm going to the chair?

Laddy
11-26-2012, 03:45 AM
Answer changed. Arby's. I want to die with Arby's.

blackmage_nuke
11-26-2012, 03:56 AM
Choice one: Antidote
Choice two: My lawyer's head (served with sauce made of my prosecutors ground up body parts)
Choice three: One of those massive steaks I'll probably never get around to trying in normal life.

Tigmafuzz
11-26-2012, 04:06 AM
If alcohol is allowed, four gallons of vodka and a bag of Reese's.