PDA

View Full Version : Type 0 cancelled for English release

Hollycat
11-20-2012, 11:26 PM
English localization almost done, but… | Operation Suzaku (http://operation-suzaku.com/2012/11/15/english-localization-almost-done-but/)

my reaction
I had such high hopes - Cheezburger (http://cheezburger.com/6778628096)
someone turn this into an article or something, I'm lazy.

They did say they would consider releasing it if fans demanded it.

le petition
https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Localize_Final_Fantasy_Type0_for_the_West/

VeloZer0
11-20-2012, 11:33 PM
Would consider releasing it if fans demanded it? WTF is that supposed to mean? They want to feed their egos by making us beg? They want us to blame ourselves because we didn't ask hard enough? They consider having a small vocal minority on the internet a valid enough sample for market research?

EDIT: Oh, I just read the source you linked and I won't say that I am especially convinced this is completely reliable. I had assumed it was some sort of official source.

Hollycat
11-20-2012, 11:38 PM
Would consider releasing it if fans demanded it? WTF is that supposed to mean? They want to feed their egos by making us beg? They want us to blame ourselves because we didn't ask hard enough? They consider having a small vocal minority on the internet a valid enough sample for market research?

EDIT: Oh, I just read the source you linked and I won't say that I am especially convinced this is completely reliable. I had assumed it was some sort of official source.

There are others available. The reaction has one, and there are others. google.

Aulayna
11-21-2012, 03:46 AM
http://www.iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/unacceptable-cat-no-angry-lolcat-1282669018t.jpg

Pretty much all I have to say here. :(

Laddy
11-21-2012, 03:54 AM
:colbert:

Hey, Square Enix! You should probably keep your promises if you don't want to become obsolete!

Tigmafuzz
11-23-2012, 12:41 AM
:colbert:

Hey, Square Enix! You should probably keep your promises if you don't want to become obsolete!

I think the word "become" is subjective in this situation.

Formalhaut
11-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Stop.

I'm fairly certain Type-0 would be very well received by western audiences! I can't wait anyway.

And about the whole "well, PSP sales and stuff aren't so good". Does the game have to be on the PSP? The PS Vita is out now, though personally I don't own those handhelds so I am of course biased towards it being on a PS3. But still. Just because PSP sales aren't amazing anymore doesn't mean they can't release it on another platform!

Raistlin
11-25-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm a bit skeptical, and it looks like most other blogs have accurately labeled this a rumor. If the money has already been spent on development and the work done, it wouldn't make much sense to shelve it. The lack of potential sales is a good reason to not develop a Western version, but not to hold onto a nearly completed version. I suspect that either the "source" is grossly exaggerating the amount of localization completed, or the rumor is bogus.

Goldenboko
11-25-2012, 11:05 PM
I'd believe they'd hold off until the Vita is a solidified handheld though :monster:

Yar
11-26-2012, 01:54 PM
I always think the "it won't be received well by Western audiences" train of thought is bullshit. The Western audience has grown to be much more diverse than it was twenty years ago.

I have played Agito, and I didn't like it much (that genre isn't my cup of coffee), but I hope for the sake of you all that Square takes their thumbs out of their asses and releases this game already.

Roogle
11-29-2012, 10:32 AM
How strange. I believe the account given in the article linked by hypoallergenic cactuar because I know that vocal work is done well in advance of any localization project. I think it is weird that they paid the actors for a project that would never see release in the audience. I suspect that they are waiting to release it as an enhanced port on a newer platform like the Vita.

Formalhaut
11-29-2012, 11:58 PM
Just port it to the PS3, it obviously is a solid platform. Unless I'm missing something.

black orb
12-24-2012, 08:43 PM
>>> Time to chip my psp..:luca:

maybee
12-25-2012, 02:05 AM
Square-Enix office a few months ago.

" Type 0 is doing well "

" Yes "

" We should release that to the West "

" Naaaaaaaaaah. Those Westerns prefer something like Lightning doing a Assassin's Creed type adventure, and Lightning taking off her sunglasses while looking badass " !

" Yeah, we'll give them more Lightning and some tons of Lightning DLC " !

" Yeah and at the Lightning Returns we'll surprise them with Lightning Returns 2 " !

" Sounds fantastic " !

Dr. rydrum2112
12-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Square-Enix office a few months ago.

" Type 0 is doing well "

" Yes "

" We should release that to the West "

" Naaaaaaaaaah. Those Westerns prefer something like Lightning doing a Assassin's Creed type adventure, and Lightning taking off her sunglasses while looking badass " !

" Yeah, we'll give them more Lightning and some tons of Lightning DLC " !

" Yeah and at the Lightning Returns we'll surprise them with Lightning Returns 2 " !

" Sounds fantastic " !

followed by a voice in the back yelling "Don't forget the countdown sites, for the games and DLC."

Sephiroth
01-15-2013, 01:00 AM
>>> Time to chip my psp..:luca:

The PSP is region free.