PDA

View Full Version : *obligatory Thanksgiving thread*o

Jinx
11-22-2012, 06:53 PM
o hay let's see if sam can eat her weight in mashed potatoes

What are you most thankful for this year?

Parker
11-22-2012, 07:09 PM
I am unthankful that we don't have thanksgiving here, another a reason to eat good food

Chris
11-22-2012, 07:12 PM
I have never heard of this so called giving-of-thanks-day.

Slothy
11-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Thanksgiving was last month Sam. Get with it.

Jinx
11-22-2012, 07:15 PM

Fuck Canadian Thanksgiving

Slothy
11-22-2012, 07:16 PM

Fuck Canadian Thanksgiving

I'm thankful for Sam being so dependable. :p

Quindiana Jones
11-22-2012, 07:17 PM
Steam sales.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-22-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm thankful for all you fucks and this forum.

Good times and good friends!:kakapo:

Denmark
11-22-2012, 07:27 PM

dangit i was hoping for an "inb4 canadian thanksgiving" post

i'm thanksful for tasty foods

krissy
11-22-2012, 09:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/17PMB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9kfHy.jpg

Shlup
11-22-2012, 09:34 PM
I'm thankful that I'm going to work all night. Sweet relief.

Bunny
11-22-2012, 09:35 PM
I am thankful for alcohol.

Jiro
11-22-2012, 10:15 PM
why is there an o just at the end of the thread title? I'd be thankful for an explanation to that tbh.

Shiny
11-23-2012, 06:00 AM
Thankful for a lot...

Knowing and befriending people in my life that are extremely talented, creative, and/or funny both online and offline fwends. My sister and dad for being in my life. My mom for giving birth to me and giving me most of her genes...AND luckily for her being more attractive than my father who resembles a bulldog (his favorite breed of dog). My dog dog for being a badass and offering unconditional love, and my other dog for being a great source of amusement because she's a giant weirdo. My bird for also being a giant weirdo and also offering unconditional love (yes birds can do this). My boyfriend for being all the personality qualities I look for in a guy (except for funny...he's only funny when he doesn't try).

I'm also thankful for having heat in my home after the hurricane. I definitely missed it. Thankful for having a job that pays well enough for me to cover my loans and in a field that I enjoy being in. Thankful for my loans for not being astronomical so that it will be entirely feasible for me to pay it all off before I turn 30, or even 25 if I'm smart. The fact that I've been blessed with knowing what I want to do with my life at a very young age and have been steadily on that path with persistence and vigor.

Cuchulainn
11-23-2012, 08:55 AM
The complete lack of any post regarding the thanks for the theft of indian land and the genocide of the native people my white illegal immigrants is upsetting.

The Man
11-23-2012, 09:06 AM
The complete lack of any post regarding the thanks for the theft of indian land and the genocide of the native people my white illegal immigrants is upsetting.here you go

s4nSxArk9g8

For John Dillinger
In hope he is still alive
Thanksgiving Day, November 28, 1986

Thanks for the wild turkey and the passenger pigeons, destined to be shit out through wholesome American guts.
Thanks for a continent to despoil and poison.
Thanks for Indians to provide a modicum of challenge and danger.
Thanks for vast herds of bison to kill and skin leaving the carcasses to rot.
Thanks for bounties on wolves and coyotes.
Thanks for the American dream,
To vulgarize and to falsify until the bare lies shine through.
Thanks for the KKK.
For nigger-killin’ lawmen, feelin’ their notches.
For decent church-goin’ women, with their mean, pinched, bitter, evil faces.
Thanks for “Kill a Queer for Christ” stickers.
Thanks for laboratory AIDS.
Thanks for Prohibition and the war against drugs.
Thanks for a country where nobody’s allowed to mind the own business.
Thanks for a nation of finks.
Yes, thanks for all the memories—all right let’s see your arms!
You always were a headache and you always were a bore.
Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal of the last and greatest of human dreams.

Peegee
11-23-2012, 09:48 AM
The complete lack of any post regarding the thanks for the theft of indian land and the genocide of the native people my white illegal immigrants is upsetting.

I didn't want to do it in public but since Aaron broke the condom:

In 1637 near present day Groton, Connecticut, over 700 men, women and children of the Pequot Tribe had gathered for their annual Green Corn Festival which is our Thanksgiving celebration. In the predawn hours the sleeping Indians were surrounded by English and Dutch mercenaries who ordered them to come outside. Those who came out were shot or clubbed to death while the terrified women and children who huddled inside the longhouse were burned alive. The next day the governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony declared "A Day Of Thanksgiving" because 700 unarmed men, women and children had been murdered.

Cheered by their "victory", the brave colonists and their Indian allies attacked village after village. Women and children over 14 were sold into slavery while the rest were murdered. Boats loaded with a many as 500 slaves regularly left the ports of New England. Bounties were paid for Indian scalps to encourage as many deaths as possible.

Following an especially successful raid against the Pequot in what is now Stamford, Connecticut, the churches announced a second day of "thanksgiving" to celebrate victory over the heathen savages. During the feasting, the hacked off heads of Natives were kicked through the streets like soccer balls. Even the friendly Wampanoag did not escape the madness. Their chief was beheaded, and his head impaled on a pole in Plymouth, Massachusetts --where it remained on display for 24 years.

The killings became more and more frenzied, with days of thanksgiving feasts being held after each successful massacre. George Washington finally suggested that only one day of Thanksgiving per year be set aside instead of celebrating each and every massacre. Later Abraham Lincoln decreed Thanksgiving Day to be a legal national holiday during the Civil War

kotora
11-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Inb4 white people start complaining that mentioning genocide ruins the fun

I Don't Need A Name
11-23-2012, 12:53 PM
PEEGEES USUAL LONG AND INFORMATIVE RANTING

I concur. And I agree with Quin too. Steam Sales and Amazon Sales.

Quindiana Jones
11-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Everybody knows that white people can't be immigrants. :roll2

Faris
11-23-2012, 05:09 PM

For this I am thankful that I will only have one month instead of two months back-to-back of dry turkey leftovers.

Clo
11-23-2012, 07:16 PM
I am thankful for sweet potatoes. I FRAKKIN LOVE SWEET POTATOES.

I am also thankful for my two kittens!

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/12725_10151127598948062_1414808564_n.jpg

Shorty
11-23-2012, 07:46 PM
I am thankful that I was able to spend Thanksgiving with others instead of being holed up in my room.

Jiro
11-24-2012, 12:49 AM
wait wait wait

so

Thanksgiving

is meant to actually be about giving thanks?

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Shorty
11-24-2012, 12:51 AM
Well, we're all supposed to actually say that we're thankful the men killed the injuns but that's been frowned upon as of recent.

Agent Proto
11-24-2012, 04:10 AM
wait wait wait

so

Thanksgiving

is meant to actually be about giving thanks?

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Jiro had just experienced that moment when your mind is blown.

Peegee
11-24-2012, 05:52 AM
Well, we're all supposed to actually say that we're thankful the men killed the injuns but that's been frowned upon as of recent.

That's a good thing. I posted what I did because it's important to be cognizant of the country's history.

Shiny
11-24-2012, 08:13 PM

It's interesting that my Facebook feed was full of people going Happy Indian Slaughtering day, but interesting in sense that everyone bringing this up was from a European descent. I'm also thankful for being both Native American and black so I don't have this white guilt.

Jinx
11-25-2012, 02:17 PM
I'm white. I don't have white guilt.What my ancestors did 200-400 years ago has nothing to do with me.

Raistlin
11-25-2012, 05:16 PM
I am thankful for me being awesome.

Wait, am I supposed to be thankful for external factors? Well I'm certainly not thankful for you jerks.