PDA

View Full Version : Persona 4 The Golden

Skyblade
11-24-2012, 04:55 AM
Best 260 dollar game I've ever bought.

This game was worth every bit the price of the entire Vita. The graphics are fantastic (specifically the character portraits and cinematics). The voice acting is just awesome, and everywhere (seriously, is there an unvoice line in this game?!).

And the inclusion of the gallery is just cruel. Do not watch through everything in it. Even with just the stuff that's unlocked by default, it hypes of the series so much that you'll be going mad waiting for Persona 5, and only the game itself will keep you from snapping.

This is one of the best remakes I've ever played, and I cannot wait to see the new stuff in it.

Roogle
11-24-2012, 05:08 AM
How do you feel about the new voices for Chie and Teddie?

Skyblade
11-24-2012, 01:26 PM
I haven't yet seen enough of Teddie's to make a decision, but Chie's new voice work is great. I wouldn't rate it superior to the original, but I wouldn't rate it as inferior either. While playing Persona 4 Arena, I definitely was not a fan of Chie's. It felt off the entire time. But I'm finding it just working great in Golden. I'm not sure if it's because we're starting out fresh with the character and getting everything from the beginning, or if the actor is a little more comfortable with the character.

But I'd have to do some serious comparisons between the two in order to get a favorite version, and I'm too lazy to do that, especially right now.

The only part of Chie's voice work I haven't been a fan of so far is her whining about her broken DVD. But apart from that one line, it's great.

In other news, the amount of detail in the world and the new textures is just great. This game is so pretty.

Skyblade
11-25-2012, 08:11 PM
They changed Shuffle Time again! And, wow, do I like it better.

The negative effects seemt to have vanished, as has the entire reflex based minigame. Instead, it gives you a list of a few cards, and you pick which one you want. And jiminies, are there are lot. They include new Personas, and high and low Arcana cards.

Personas: New Personas, obviously
Fortune: Increases the Luck of equipped Persona
Hanged Man: Increases Endurance of equipped Persona
Temperance: Gives you a key to a chest
Hermit: Shadows will no longer notice you for the duration of the floor (possibly ends if you get into a fight, don't remember)
Sword: Gives you a Skill Card (Hooray!)
Cup: Restores the Party's HP/SP a little
Wand: Increases Experience gained
Coin: Increases Money gained

And there are more, I just can't remember them all.

Thus, instead of being a reflex game, it's now entirely a choice game. Do you pick up a slight stat boost to your Personas, or grab increased experience? Or do you want the extra money instead of a slight bit of healing? It is some tough choices, especially since the sheer variety of options means you don't know when you'll get another shot. If you give up a chest key, how long until you see one again, and what if you pass a rare chest in the meantime?

I can't be the only person to have gotten this game, can I?

Madonna
11-25-2012, 09:47 PM
I want a Vita for this game alone; handhelds are ridiculously good at getting awesome libraries denied consoles. I am super excited for and jealous of you.

Hollycat
11-25-2012, 10:23 PM
played it on vacation. not bad, but not worth the $40. P3P is better in every way except combat. And as we all know all persona battle systems need a tune up.

Skyblade
11-26-2012, 01:23 AM
played it on vacation. not bad, but not worth the $40. P3P is better in every way except combat. And as we all know all persona battle systems need a tune up.

Explain please.

First, the game has only been out for five days, so when did you play it? Did you play the Japanese version?

Second, in what ways are P3P superior, aside from the ways that P3 is superior to P4?

The technical execution is flawless, the graphics are incredible, and every change has been for the better.

I love P3P, but don't see how it is better than P4G. And I'd definitely pay another 60 bucks for a "Persona 3 Golden", as long as I could transfer my P3P save files to it.

Hollycat
11-26-2012, 01:30 AM

Explain please.

First, the game has only been out for five days, so when did you play it? Did you play the Japanese version?
Nope, english, just beat it today.

Second, in what ways are P3P superior, aside from the ways that P3 is superior to P4?
I never played the original p3, so I'm comparing fes and p3p to golden, and the whole atmosphere and story called out to me in p3, but in p4, I don't really care about the characters other than nanako, dojima, yukiko, and kanji.
Also the female protagonist was awesome.
I prefer tartarus to the tv world.

The technical execution is flawless, the graphics are incredible, and every change has been for the better.

it does look great, but I prefer p3.

I love P3P, but don't see how it is better than P4G. And I'd definitely pay another 60 bucks for a "Persona 3 Golden", as long as I could transfer my P3P save files to it.