PDA

View Full Version : kissed any princesses lately?

Jowy
11-25-2012, 08:04 AM
Barrier change / Only Shadow damages.

What's your favourite boss fight in Chrono Trigger? Fighting Magus is clearly the best part of the game.

Gamblet
11-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Yeah, I have to agree on the Magus fight. But I really enjoyed the Twin Golem fight, easily the toughest battle of the game for me.

Jowy
11-25-2012, 08:47 PM
Ruby Vests and Red Plate/Mail. Just let Lucca do all the work and keep everyone else healed. ALWAYS used to die there.

Heath
11-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Magus is the obvious answer, and I absolutely agree that it's a great battle. The other one that came to my mind was the battle against Ozzie, Flea and Slash in 600 AD, which I always enjoyed (though I dislike having to use Ayla to charm the useful items).

Mirage
11-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Wow no one mentioned Magus yet?

Oh... ok.

Jowy
11-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Magus is the obvious answer, and I absolutely agree that it's a great battle. The other one that came to my mind was the battle against Ozzie, Flea and Slash in 600 AD, which I always enjoyed (though I dislike having to use Ayla to charm the useful items).

I often wonder why I even bring Marle and Ayla along for Twin Charm rather than having fun with the fight. The Slasher II gets outdated real fast, OzziePants are useless, and Flea Vest is very situational.

Del Murder
11-26-2012, 02:49 AM
I've always liked Azala and Black Tyranno because it is the fight for the right to be the dominant species on earth.

But of course Magus is the best.

blackmage_nuke
11-26-2012, 04:17 AM
As much as I like the Magus vs Solo Frog battle, I want to have him in the party (even though I dont use him). The battle at with magus at his tower was great too though.

I also quite liked the fight Robo had with that pink robot.

Gamblet
11-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Ruby Vests and Red Plate/Mail. Just let Lucca do all the work and keep everyone else healed. ALWAYS used to die there.

Yeah, but letting Lucca do all the work is not so fun to me... So I try with different party members every time I play through the game. :badass:

By the way, for me, the Giga Gaia fight is almost impossible without Falcon Hit...

Sefie1999AD
11-27-2012, 09:52 AM
The first battle against Magus, easily. Other honorable mentions go to Azala and Black Tyrano, Yakra XIII and the Trial of the Century (not the battle itself, but the scenes surrounding it), the final encounter with Queen Zeal (especially if you have Magus in your party), and the battles inside Lavos' shell.

By the way, for me, the Giga Gaia fight is almost impossible without Falcon Hit...

Gold Stud and spam Luminaire? :p

Jowy
11-27-2012, 02:49 PM
I always just blew it up with Delta Force and lots of healing.

Gamblet
11-27-2012, 10:37 PM

I usually don't have Luminaire at that point of the game, I always seem to get it at the Zeal Palace. I am too lazy to grind...
But I DID manage to defeat Giga Gaia once with Water 2 and Marle spamming heals, Crono doing damage.

Roogle
11-29-2012, 10:24 AM
My favorite boss battle in Chrono Trigger? I'm not sure. I like the final battle series a lot as I feel like a lot of attention was paid to it thematically and musically. World Revolution is a very good song.

Jowy
11-29-2012, 09:41 PM

I usually don't have Luminaire at that point of the game, I always seem to get it at the Zeal Palace. I am too lazy to grind...
But I DID manage to defeat Giga Gaia once with Water 2 and Marle spamming heals, Crono doing damage.

you can knock out ~130 tech points easily on mt. woe near the save point. one of the rubbles will always respawn. you can max out everyone's techs in about an hour.

Gamblet
11-29-2012, 10:39 PM

you can knock out ~130 tech points easily on mt. woe near the save point. one of the rubbles will always respawn. you can max out everyone's techs in about an hour.

I usually grind at the Zeal Palace. And I kill monsters on Mt. Woe until I get Falcon Hit.

Jowy
11-30-2012, 12:26 AM
Dang, how are you getting through the Tyrano Lair without Falcon Hit? I always have it at that point.

Gamblet
12-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Dang, how are you getting through the Tyrano Lair without Falcon Hit? I always have it at that point.

Easy, basically use Lighting 2 with Crono and just slice enemies to pieces.

Jowy
12-02-2012, 02:41 AM
Lightning II works too. Falcon Hit is just a lot of damage for next to no MP though so it allows me to be conservative with my shelters/ethers.