PDA

View Full Version : Films you're looking forward to seeing

Aulayna
11-26-2012, 05:43 AM
I couldn't see a thread about this already but admittedly I only checked the first page which was already going back over a month so I tried to avoid thread-necromancy! Apologies if a thread about this already exists.

So, as the title says - what upcoming films are you looking forward to seeing and why?

For me the obvious answer is The Hobbit but I'm also looking forward to seeing Flight.

Flight International Trailer (Denzel Washington) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpwdvvag6CA)

Sure it's been out Stateside for nearly a month already but doesn't actually get released on these Irish shores until February next year :| Denzel Washington is one fine cut of a man and tend to always deliver awesome performances so I'm looking forward to seeing how this one plays out.

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-26-2012, 05:57 AM
The Hobbit - Why? Because I have yet to read the book, but it would be interesting to see the prelude, as it were, to LotR (which I did read).

Les Miserable - Why? I have yet to see or read any iteration of this narrative, so I am curious to see what it is about. I know that the movie is based on the play that is based on the novel. Also, Anne Hathaway's singing of the "I Dreamed a Dream" was pretty fucking cool in the trailer.

Man with Iron Fists - Looks like a good action movie. Something that is hard to find these days.

Skyfall - I love Bond films and Daniel Craig is smexy.

Bolivar
11-26-2012, 06:21 AM
Can't think of many right now. I just got back into movie-going when I started dating my girl last this year but with the summer and fall came bar exam studies and PA classes for her. Just saw Skyfall and it was great.

Hate to beat a dead horse, but The Hobbit. I just read it last month and I can't wait to see the film. I'm just confused as to why the original 3 parts only got one film each, but this one book is getting three films :confused:

I don't think either is coming anytime soon, but I would love to see the Hyperion project come to fruition and Dune obviously needs another attempt.

Pheesh
11-26-2012, 06:51 AM
Mama. - This looks like everything that I would want in a horror film, and if Guillermo Del Toro has put his name down as a producer then I assume it will be pretty amazing.

Miriel
11-26-2012, 09:13 AM
The Hobbit - I have been waiting for this since the 6th grade, god dammit. Although my excitement is tinged with quite a lot of fear as well. When Peter Jackson gets things right, it is SO right. But when he gets it wrong... you get things like soapy ghost army. So on one hand you have dwarves singing in the trailer and I'm like AHHHH!! :excited: And then on the other hand you have made up characters and a short children's book being turned into 3 movies and I'm like WTF O_o. So. Excited and scared!

Lincoln - I will pretty much watch Daniel Day Lewis in ANYTHING.

Les Miserables - Musical! Super cast! Yay!

Life of Pi - It's one of those books that while it's excellent, you would think would be unfilmable. But it's getting rave reviews so I'm definitely going to go watch this.

Argo - It's been out for awhile, but I never got a chance to see it.

Looper - Same as Argo. Been meaning to watch it, but now it's out of theaters. But I'll get to it!

Silver Lining Playbook - Been hearing great things about it.

charliepanayi
11-26-2012, 09:23 AM
The Hobbit - because it's The Hobbit
Life of Pi - Ang Lee plus rave reviews. I already think this will bag Best Picture at the Oscars.

Bubba
11-26-2012, 11:00 AM
The Dark Knight Rises when it comes out on Bluray.

I would let Tom Hardy do inapropriate things to me...

Laddy
11-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Life of Pi - It's one of those books that while it's excellent, you would think would be unfilmable. But it's getting rave reviews so I'm definitely going to go watch this.

Argo - It's been out for awhile, but I never got a chance to see it.

Looper - Same as Argo. Been meaning to watch it, but now it's out of theaters. But I'll get to it!
I loved all three of these films.

Anyway, The Hobbit, mostly.

Breine
11-26-2012, 09:52 PM
The ones I can think of right now are "Wreck-It Ralph", "Lincoln", "The Master", "Silver Linings Playbook" and "Life of Pi". I'm especially interested in seeing how they translated the latter from book to the big screen. As someone else said, the book seems pretty unfilmable - but it's got Ang Lee, and the reviews so far are good.

Heath
11-26-2012, 10:15 PM
I was undecided about Life of Pi, but I saw a trailer for it when I went to see Skyfall and I'm actually rather looking forward to it now. The Hobbit and Lincoln are the two others. I think I might have an easier time dragging my girlfriend to see one rather than the other of those! I wouldn't mind seeing Gambit either, but less than the other three.

Araciel
11-27-2012, 05:19 AM
The Hobbit.

Also Django Unchained.

Night Fury
11-27-2012, 01:16 PM
I've just happened to see a trailer for "Jack the Giant Slayer" and I don't know whether it looks really really trout, or like it might be good....

Araciel
11-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Oh yeah...forgot about that one.

I thought it was a joke the first time I saw it.

Shorty
11-27-2012, 07:56 PM
I'm still looking forward to seeing Silent Hill, don't even care how bad the reviews are.

I have mixed feelings about Les Mis, but I'm still excited. The Hobbit, of course and Man of Steel!

Shoeberto
11-27-2012, 07:58 PM
The Hobbit has me beyond excited. I need to get the GF to watch the other movies since she hasn't seen - I'm sort of hoping watching it in theaters will make her want to tackle them. We've just been avoiding them because they're so damn long.

Also Django Unchained. Inglorious Basterds seemed to have a mixed reception by a lot of people, but it's one of my favorite period pieces ever and probably my favorite Tarantino film. I'm excited to see what he can do with the subject of slavery.