PDA

View Full Version : Unpopular Anime/Manga Opinions

Forsaken Lover
11-27-2012, 07:26 AM
4Kids is pretty good. I loved their Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh. Even haters have to admit they have some fantastic music.
And American Pegasus is best Pegasus.
Pegasus Theme ~ Face Up Face Down - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFh4lm8UanI)

And no, I don't care what they did to One Piece.

Dragon Ball is a legitimately good series. DBZ on the other hand is garbage. Saiyans suck.

Cowboy Bebop did not wow, astound or impress me all that much. I was decidedly meh on the whole show.

I liked the Hueco Mundo Arc in Bleach. It had its flaws yeah but I still enjoyed it overall.

I love Inuyasha. It's got a lot of problems but I've been a fan for almost ten years now.

I think the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime is better than Brotherhood in most ways.

NeoCracker
11-27-2012, 07:35 AM
4Kids is pretty good? Are you high man? :p

I will give it this though, watching the fan dubs of Yu-Gi-Oh, and realizing that people aren't getting locked in the dark realm, but they are actually murdering each other over a children's card game, is by far the harder thing to take seriously. :p

Anywho...

FLCL is one of the most painful experiences I have ever had to sit through. Seriously, fuck that show.

Akira, Vampire Hunter D, and the original Hellsing series are not well made at all. I enjoyed them, but fuck they are riddled with so many problems.

Laddy
11-27-2012, 07:56 AM
The original Fullmetal is indeed better.

Baccano! was pretentious and tried to be inventive and creative without having to take responsibility for its own narrative structure.

blackmage_nuke
11-27-2012, 07:58 AM
Evangelion is not a mecha series. The Evas are made of people.

The english sailor moon was great and had better music than the japanese version. Even if the plots are pretty much nothing alike.

I agree what you said about Dragonball and DBZ. I didnt know it at the time since I watched DBZ first but if I had read/watched DB before DBZ im sure the "SUDDENLY ALIENS" point woudlve made me go wtf.

The original Yu-gi-oh manga series (the one season zero was based on) is the most amazing yugioh thing out there.

All the Angels's from the Evangelion anime that werent included in the Evangelion manga sucked. I felt this when i watched the series and the fact that the manga series left them out only comfirms my suspicion.

My Neighbour Totoro is one of the most (if not THE most) boring and pointless Studio Ghibli film.

Aulayna
11-27-2012, 07:58 AM
Sailor Moon ftw

Lonely Paper Star
11-27-2012, 08:12 AM
I liked the Hueco Mundo Arc in Bleach. It had its flaws yeah but I still enjoyed it overall.

I loved that arc. XD

I think the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime is better than Brotherhood in most ways.

I agree with this in a lot of aspects. Emotionally and direction wise, yes.

My opinion(s):
- I'm not appealed by Lucky Star at all.
- I thought The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi was overrated.

Forsaken Lover
11-27-2012, 08:40 AM
4Kids is pretty good? Are you high man? :p

I wanna be the very best.
Like no one ever was.

That's what I say to all you 4kids haters. Pokemon was my childhood and I will never hate them. They did a fabulous job.

JUST LISTEN TO THE MUSIC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZdzY9TGu1c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW7bzoSmytk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TabkjeN7H1A

The english sailor moon was great and had better music than the japanese version. Even if the plots are pretty much nothing alike.

I've thought about checking it out actually. I am actually a huge fan of shojo and prefer it to shounen.
Plus I just want to check out an iconic anime that I never saw as a kid.

I could enjoy the Zoids: Chaotic Century/Guardian Force dub, I'm sure I'll be okay with this.

blackmage_nuke
11-27-2012, 09:06 AM
If you prefer shojo to shounen you'll hate the engish sailor moon...

Forsaken Lover
11-27-2012, 09:56 AM
But why? We cut out all the ridiculous shounen-like fanservice. Otherwise SM sounds like it's approaching Fairy Tail levels of T&A and panty shots.

Although I do like Fairy Tail.

Araciel
11-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Dragon Ball > DBZ

Also, 'Murrican cartoons are better. :roll2

Ultima Shadow
11-27-2012, 04:08 PM
This is one of the best moments in anime history! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oawUi9s3ENE)

krissy
11-27-2012, 04:30 PM
evangelion is boring

blackmage_nuke
11-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Crush Gear Turbo was better than Beyblades.

Shorty
11-27-2012, 09:10 PM
FLCL is one of the most painful experiences I have ever had to sit through. Seriously, smurf that show.

This I can agree with.

Akira, Vampire Hunter D, and the original Hellsing series are not well made at all. I enjoyed them, but smurf they are riddled with so many problems.

This I cannot. WHAT? You're insane.

krissy
11-27-2012, 09:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J5YTFliidbw

Forsaken Lover
11-27-2012, 09:30 PM
I liked Yu-Gi-Oh GX. It wasn't as good as the original anime no but it had some sweet duels.

Dragon Ball GT is garbage and most agree there. However I really enjoyed one of the most unpopular characters quite a bit. Pan was adorable and it's a crime she never went Super Saiyan.

Sasuke was a good character pre-timeskip. In fact he should have been the hero and not Naruto. He was the only member of Team 7 who could legitimately fight for God's sake. Well, not counting Kakashi, obviously.

And speaking of Hellsing, Alucard is easily the worst part of it. He's so ludicrously overpowered and cheap that you can't help but root for the villains instead. Go Millennium! Go The Captain! Go sexy catboy! I believe in you.

Shauna
11-28-2012, 07:03 PM
Also, 'Murrican cartoons are better. :roll2

They're different, each with their own merits. This is probably an unpopular opinion since American cartoons are for babies, obv. :3

Anyway.

http://i54.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/348n292.jpg

Once it has been seen, it cannot be unseen!

Sephex
11-28-2012, 07:32 PM
People who take DBZ too seriously take DBZ too seriously. This goes both ways.

Night Fury
11-28-2012, 07:42 PM
Second generation Pokemon was better than first.

Laddy
11-28-2012, 07:54 PM
EVAS IS PEOPLE! EVAS IS PEOPLE!

Lonely Paper Star
11-28-2012, 08:28 PM
EVAS IS PEOPLE! EVAS IS PEOPLE!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md1ue1Xbah1qehl9po1_250.gif

... I was waiting for an opportunity to use that.

Fynn
11-28-2012, 09:13 PM
I love CLAMP!

krissy
11-28-2012, 09:45 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2umxxxTDg1qzeifoo1_500.png

Hollycat
11-29-2012, 06:01 AM
1. the first season of pokemon was the only good season.
2. Digimon was to pokemon as Dark chocolate is to a hippo's anus.
Which one are you licking?

3. FLCL was ... acceptable, nothing more.
4. Vandread was actually pretty good, even if the romance part was lame.
5. Desert Punk is one of the best animes of all time, and the pilot may be the best anime pilot ever.
6. I don't find High school of the dead sexy at all. I didn't even catch all the boob bouncing and stuff till someone pointed it out to me.
7. Dragonball is better than DBZ a hundred times over.
8. Mercenary Tau was one of the greatest villains of all time.
9. Witchblade is terrible.
10. Gunslinger girl is terrible.
11. Rin is more emotional and a better overall show than Eden of the East.
12. Demon King Daimao is better as anime than it is as fanservice.
13. Witchblade is terrible
14. Air gear is amusing, but overall pure drivel.
15. Girls Bravo is one of the funniest 5 anime's ever made, and the boobs were actually a detractor and not a good thing.
16. Excelsaga made me want to kick a kitten.
17.Xamd is only watchable once.
18. Dance on the Vampire bundt was pretty good.
19. The d. gray man anime was better than the manga.
20. Witchblade is terrible.

Manga opinions.

1. FMA: brotherhood was better.
2. Naruto: overated, poorly drawn, simple.
3. One Piece: neat, but not actually funny.
4. Bleach- orihimes powers are bulltrout
5. Yugioh- every yugioh manga besides the original is not worthy of being toilet paper
6. Toriyama shouldn't be allowed to draw anymore.
7. Toriyama shouldn't be allowed to write anymore.
8. Goddangit Toriyama, nobody's shoulders are 5 feet wide!
9. pokemon- the original comics were better than the show.
10. I liked Bee.

Shauna
11-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Manga opinions.

I... what? xD There is only one FMA manga, and the notion that Brotherhood is better than the original FMA anime is not unpopular at all.

Hollycat
11-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Manga opinions.

I... what? xD There is only one FMA manga, and the notion that Brotherhood is better than the original FMA anime is not unpopular at all.

No, I'm saying the brotherhood anime was better than the manga.