PDA

View Full Version : TV Show Heebee Geebees!

Freya
11-27-2012, 11:00 PM
My sister and I were talking about Buffy. We love buffy. Nothing is really scary on buffy, Until this episode. (http://buffy.wikia.com/wiki/The_Gentlemen) I'M NOT SPOILERING IT. THE TITLE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ENOUGH WARNING.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091119193215/buffy/images/3/33/Gentlemen.jpg

How about The Silence from Doctor who?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb8kt3JHpb1qar2tjo1_500.jpg

Or possibly the Weeping Angels, also from Who.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcdpovjK1f1r0kgdj.gif

What show has given you the heebee geebees!

Laddy
11-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Two and a Half Men.

Too easy.

Night Fury
11-27-2012, 11:02 PM
Yes! The Gentlemen from Hush are terrifying! But it's also the atmosphere of the whole episode that really gets me! Accch!

Jinx
11-27-2012, 11:28 PM
Weeping Angels? I dunno what that is, but it looks creepy.

Every single episode of American Horror Story.

Freya
11-27-2012, 11:58 PM
The weeping angels are statues that will move toward you if you blink or look away or even just close your eyes. If they touch you THAT'S IT! You're a gonner! DON'T BLINK!

NorthernChaosGod
11-28-2012, 04:26 PM
The Weeping Angels were only creepy in their initial appearance. Then they started milking them and it was just blah. The implications of the Silence are pretty damn creepy though.

Shorty
11-28-2012, 05:29 PM
tu4FP76-ycs

This freaked the trout out of me. Seriously. I've been fine with the blood, gore and graphic content in Dexter, but something about the slo-mo cam and seeing all of their limbs bouncing around like that just made me sick. It still freaks me out when I re-watch it, but I can't look away!

(It contains no spoilers about the Dexter plot or anything, so watch it!)

edit: oh shit ALSO

man this one X-Files episode has stayed with me to this day - Home (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_(The_X-Files)). Opening scene is a baby arm sticking out of the dirt in a baseball field and the rest of the episode entails backwater mutants and inbreeding and all around creepiness.

Psychotic
11-28-2012, 06:14 PM
I fucking knew it'd be those assholes from Buffy. The other creepy thing in Buffy was Der Kinderstod or however you spell it.

Night Fury
11-28-2012, 06:17 PM
I smurfing knew it'd be those assholes from Buffy. The other creepy thing in Buffy was Der Kinderstod or however you spell it.

The hospital monster :) "Child Death"

*Buffy nerd

Breine
11-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Oh yeah, The Gentlemen were scary!

Other than that I can't really think of anything. I saw the first season of American Horror Story, but didn't find it scary. Just a little creepy a couple of times at the most. Also, the show just started to annoy me at some point. Saw the first episode of the 2nd season and it was equally meh.

There is plenty of unsettling TV, though. Twin Peaks e.g.

krissy
11-29-2012, 04:39 AM
hey have you guys ever seen this show called x-files

Madame Adequate
11-29-2012, 05:51 AM
It's hard to really explain why without spoilers, but the PsiCorps from Babylon 5 are fucking terrifying. Bester is absolutely amazing in every way and it's a far better role for Koenig than Chekov ever was.

Balzac
11-29-2012, 12:22 PM
When I was a kid there was a spoof documentary on BBC1 called Ghost Watch, it scared the shit out of me.

Jowy
11-29-2012, 09:36 PM
that episode of are you afraid of the dark when those two kids went to boarding school and were being brainwashed to harvest alien eggs.

and the super-specs episode!

Agent Proto
11-30-2012, 10:41 PM
The Weeping Angels were only creepy in their initial appearance. Then they started milking them and it was just blah. The implications of the Silence are pretty damn creepy though.

The Statue of Liberty Weeping Angel scared the shit out of me when it showed up. It's so fucking huge with its big scary teeth blaring out. D:

Lonely Paper Star
12-01-2012, 01:38 AM
that episode of are you afraid of the dark when those two kids went to boarding school and were being brainwashed to harvest alien eggs.

and the super-specs episode!

AH! I was about to put down that Super-specs episode! That was the scariest episode for me, too. DD:

I agree that the Weeping Angels were scary in the first one or two appearances for me, and not so much afterward except for that Statue of Liberty in 7x05. They're still one of my favorite Who aliens, though~

Raistlin
12-01-2012, 01:39 AM
The Weeping Angels were only creepy in their initial appearance. Then they started milking them and it was just blah.

This is so true. "Don't Blink" was great, making the weeping angels very creepy despite the innocuous nature of their actions, but every other incarnation of them has been progressively less so. The latest episode with them was just lame.

The implications of the Silence are pretty damn creepy though.

The Silence were horrifying, and done very well. Especially when a character would finally discover a frightening message he left himself, and then look up/back/whatever to see dozens of the things. *shudder*

Tigmafuzz
12-01-2012, 02:01 AM
Candy Cove.